PDA

View Full Version : MAGS vs PM's...

pionear
Jun 2, 2011, 03:31 PM
Which one would you like to see back in PSO2? Or would you like to see both or neither?

And if this poll has been started before (I tried search), my apologies.

Dongra
Jun 2, 2011, 03:45 PM
Mags. I'll take a pet that I can use to customize my stats over a lolibot with retarded AI.

redroses
Jun 2, 2011, 04:34 PM
I would prefer something new.
The idea of PMs wasn't bad, but the AI of them was bad, them being only loli females was also bad and that only the party leader could take his along.

I would like some monster like machines that float/follow you around and that everybody could have them again. Like said in a other thread it would be nice if you could give them commands and if there were different types that would do tech damage, range damage or meele damage and maybe a defensive type that floats around your body and reduces damage and when given a command can even prevent damage from happening.

lostinseganet
Jun 2, 2011, 10:43 PM
How about a mag change into a pm like a digimon. Then there would be an excuse to make a pso anime! eh ehhhhhh :)

Sienna
Jun 2, 2011, 10:55 PM
Mags. A boost to stataistics is much better than a unit that fails to serve as a meatshield.

joshboyd1209
Jun 2, 2011, 11:04 PM
I take one look at all of the comments and the poll answers in this forum and only one thing comes to mind: YOU'RE ALL CRAZY PSO PURISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

NoiseHERO
Jun 2, 2011, 11:34 PM
I like how so many people ignore the idea of this being a new game, then just add up "PSO VS PSU" and everyone just wants the same mag system from PSO.

New things can still be better too, you know. :\

/Voted neither

Hentai_Kittie
Jun 3, 2011, 12:09 AM
I feel that they should combine the two. Make them be able to change in appearance a lot (from the looks of mags, to partner machines to robots to "things") according to their build and can also do various things ranging from; randomly physically attacking the enemy your currently targeting, shooting like an R-mag from PSU, Photon blasts like from PSO (of course, there should be different versions and must be charged up), auto potion when your health gets below a certain %, temporary speed increase, or a random tech spell. These would diversify them to awesome levels allowing you to build them however you'd like.

of course they should increase your stats like from the old PSO (with level restrictions this time, because that was kinda broken xp)

Some appearance ideas just in case: "things" (gears, dreamcast, controller, energy ball, old mag looks), lolis and the male equivalent, stuffed animals, or animals / strange beasts, and ect. that either floats around you or walks with you.

This sounds like a troll topic though..... i think all of the fighting stopped so i don't think there is anything to worry about anymore.....

KodiaX987
Jun 3, 2011, 12:20 AM
Thinking for a bit, I would not mind if MAGs could perform an attack with a timed recharge. Varaha looking like a pair of wingblades could have made for a neat slash attack. Kama could do well as a sort of blunt missile rammer. Ushasu performs a spike charge. And so on and so forth.

Alnet
Jun 3, 2011, 12:24 AM
Voted neither. I didn't care for either MAGs or PMs much, to tell the truth. The only reason for MAGs for me was the stat boost and the occasional super-team-Mylla & Youlla-Shifta & Deband. And once I maxed my PM, I never wanted to look at it again.

So if PSO2 doesn't have MAGs or PMs and doesn't include some new function to replace them, I won't be too shaken up.

•Col•
Jun 3, 2011, 12:53 AM
I feel that they should combine the two. Make them be able to change in appearance a lot (from the looks of mags, to partner machines to robots to "things") according to their build and can also do various things ranging from; randomly physically attacking the enemy your currently targeting, shooting like an R-mag from PSU, Photon blasts like from PSO (of course, there should be different versions and must be charged up), auto potion when your health gets below a certain %, temporary speed increase, or a random tech spell. These would diversify them to awesome levels allowing you to build them however you'd like.

of course they should increase your stats like from the old PSO (with level restrictions this time, because that was kinda broken xp)

Some appearance ideas just in case: "things" (gears, dreamcast, controller, energy ball, old mag looks), lolis and the male equivalent, stuffed animals, or animals / strange beasts, and ect. that either floats around you or walks with you.

This sounds like a troll topic though..... i think all of the fighting stopped so i don't think there is anything to worry about anymore.....

Holy crap.... This is the EXACT same idea I had when I saw this thread earlier today, I was just too busy then to post it.

RemiusTA
Jun 3, 2011, 01:08 AM
no interest in PMs fighting alongside me. It'll just be medicore if they dont program the AI correctly.

make them MAGs with the ability to synth shit when you're out of battle. Boom fusion of PSO and PSU achieved.

Dongra
Jun 3, 2011, 02:19 AM
(with level restrictions this time, because that was kinda broken xp)
I'm still not on board with this statement being thrown around as much as it has been. What exactly is so broken about using a mag to rush through the oh so boring normal-very hard stage? The majority of the game took place in ultimate, and by that time your mag would have been 200 anyway.

Legato Bluesummers
Jun 3, 2011, 02:43 AM
Mags. I'll take a pet that I can use to customize my stats over a lolibot with retarded AI.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Milla
Jun 3, 2011, 05:32 AM
Mags all the way. I was so disappointed with PM's in PSU there was no reason to ever take them with you on a mission over online peeps, apart from maybe solo hunts.

RenzokukenZ
Jun 3, 2011, 05:41 AM
I would like something aesthetically new, but I want the functions from both Mags and PMs to be combined. So now you'll have this little companion granting stat boosts as well as some kind of Elemental or Type defense who will attack enemies on command (or willingly) and heal you in a pinch, as well as have some function outside of battle.

r00tabaga
Jun 3, 2011, 07:03 AM
I'm still not on board with this statement being thrown around as much as it has been. What exactly is so broken about using a mag to rush through the oh so boring normal-very hard stage? The majority of the game took place in ultimate, and by that time your mag would have been 200 anyway.

Yeah, I loved being able to make a new hunter and throw on a 195-PWR mag to accelerate the grind of the early levels before HARD/ULT.

Vashyron
Jun 3, 2011, 10:45 AM
Oh look what a surprise. People assuming PMs or Mags would end up having the same functions. Or instantly assuming the "best" possible outcome for one and the "worst" for another.

Mags have both been Stat boosters and Weapons, while PMs have been Synthesize bots and also just been battle partners since the PSP games. (No feeding and new ones had less of a organic (http://psp2.psupedia.info/GH500) look (http://psp2.psupedia.info/GH513).)

Personally I probably want neither though.

r00tabaga
Jun 3, 2011, 10:59 AM
People would've liked PM's more if the designs were better. The portable version at least had a blue dragon. Whoever thought that robotic-space-butler/maids would be cool needs to be EXCLUDED from the design of PSO2.

RemiusTA
Jun 3, 2011, 02:33 PM
Yeah the PM designs were garbage. They should have just stuck with some actual robot designs.

Agreed. I can't believe people actually took issue with that.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 3, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm still not on board with this statement being thrown around as much as it has been. What exactly is so broken about using a mag to rush through the oh so boring normal-very hard stage? The majority of the game took place in ultimate, and by that time your mag would have been 200 anyway.Why even have normal-v. hard then?

The problem is that mags would overpower new characters to such a ridiculous extent that they would leapfrog over a significant portion of the game's content. This is not good game design.

PhotonDrop
Jun 3, 2011, 07:03 PM
Why even have normal-v. hard then?

The problem is that mags would overpower new characters to such a ridiculous extent that they would leapfrog over a significant portion of the game's content. This is not good game design.

Normal-v.hard exists to level up the characters, obviously. :clown:

psofan219
Jun 3, 2011, 08:55 PM
While I do like the MAG system on PSO... don't know how the PM system worked on PSU... I'd like to see something new, or nothing at all.

Sinue_v2
Jun 3, 2011, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't mind if they gave less of a stat-boost with a trade-off of a ranged Auto-"turret"/Status Effect attack similar to PSU's RSCM.

Kion
Jun 3, 2011, 10:40 PM
I'm kind of hoping they merge Madoog's/Shadoog's with Mags. It would be cool if you had to raise them and got that ability as a final evolution. The attack or support option from the mag would depend on how you raised it.

And PM's were just creepy. I liked the screen shots when it only showed their second evolution as dragons and shit. If they had stopped at that pet's, rather than the pedophile shit, PM's would have been a lot better.

Randomness
Jun 3, 2011, 11:43 PM
I'm kind of hoping they merge Madoog's/Shadoog's with Mags. It would be cool if you had to raise them and got that ability as a final evolution. The attack or support option from the mag would depend on how you raised it.

And PM's were just creepy. I liked the screen shots when it only showed their second evolution as dragons and shit. If they had stopped at that pet's, rather than the pedophile shit, PM's would have been a lot better.

If it makes you feel any better, there is a dragon model in PSP2.

ARASHIKAGE
Jun 4, 2011, 12:58 AM
Looks like it's unanimous, we want MAGs back! *crosses figgers*

Alnet
Jun 4, 2011, 01:16 AM
Looks like it's unanimous, we want MAGs back! *crosses figgers*
75% is hardly unanimous.

I'm actually against the inclusion of MAGs, though as of now I'm not sure if it's for the sake of including more new stuff instead of throwbacks, the fact that I don't care for them, or that I just want to see the drama that unfolds from their disclusion. All are viable reasons~

BIG OLAF
Jun 4, 2011, 01:56 AM
I found Mags annoying and ugly. Aldo, feeding them was tedious, boring, and took away from the overall gameplay experience in my opinion.

That being said, Partner Machines weren't much better. They were pretty useless. So, I voted "Neither".

FluffyFox
Jun 4, 2011, 02:00 AM
75% is hardly unanimous.

I'm actually against the inclusion of MAGs, though as of now I'm not sure if it's for the sake of including more new stuff instead of throwbacks, the fact that I don't care for them, or that I just want to see the drama that unfolds from their disclusion. All are viable reasons~

not unanimous, but if 52% of the popular vote in a presidential election can be considered winning by a landslide, then 75% is the vast majority, and is pretty much close enough to unanimous.

Dongra
Jun 4, 2011, 02:49 AM
Why even have normal-v. hard then?
Obviously to get beginners used to the game. Once you have gotten good gear in ultimate on one character you shouldn't have to slowly suffer through what is basically the tutorial stages of the game just to start hunting on a new character or new ID.

The problem is that mags would overpower new characters to such a ridiculous extent that they would leapfrog over a significant portion of the game's content.
I would hardly consider those stages to be significant.

Alnet
Jun 4, 2011, 06:07 AM
not unanimous, but if 52% of the popular vote in a presidential election can be considered winning by a landslide, then 75% is the vast majority, and is pretty much close enough to unanimous.
Well then, for my sake (and others sharing my opinion), I'm glad this poll won't amount to anything in this game's development~

DarkMaster50
Jun 4, 2011, 06:24 AM
I would love to see mags back! I enjoyed the stat boost as well as the customization.

Tetsaru
Jun 4, 2011, 08:46 AM
It wouldn't be a PSO game if there weren't MAG's in it. I loved having my own customizable, functional piece of equipment, and they just looked so cool hovering over your shoulder or on your back. It was like raising a Pokemon, or a Chao of some sort. Now, if they actually fought alongside you, or you could give them commands, or somehow fuse a Photon Blast with a racial ability, AND you could customize their appearance as well as their stats... HELL YEAH, I would love that.

And as for the people saying that they would rather not waste time trying to level them up... come on now, this is an RPG - grinding of some sort is to be expected. Besides, no one's forcing you to do it; I'd bet if you really wanted to, you could go through the majority of the game without leveling your MAG, and then just buy/trade for one that someone else made.

PSU's PM's were pretty lame. You started out with what looked like a MAG at first, and then turned into a loli-bot in its last form. All they were good for were meatshields, because their AI (as well as the NPC's AI) was just horrible. Sure, they could use SUV's, but mostly the shitty ones, and they NEVER used them at the most opportune times, much less even stay alive to pull it off in the first place. The ones that cast Resta were the only halfway decent ones, and even then, they only used it when THEY got low on HP (followed by the obligatory "You must protect me!" whining), and had to stand still and do it 3 times in a row, even then, rarely filling up your own HP, and by that time, you've already ran into the next room in the level (followed by the obligatory "*insert character name here*, where did you go??" additional whining).

I mean seriously, wtf is this shit? It's like some shitty attempt at kiting the enemy, even though you almost never had to do that in PSU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaoMeOWI-F8

Not to mention, even when maxed out in a single stat, the synthing system screwed everyone over, and made you want to wring the little bitches' necks... :argh: I think the only one I really liked was the "butler" PM. And whoever made the "shota" PM needs to be shot... seriously, that thing creeped me the fuck out... *shudders*

ShinMaruku
Jun 4, 2011, 11:48 AM
Sure it won't be PSO it would be PSO 2 games need to change. Holding on to old sentimental shit is why Japanese games seem so damn stagnant.

NoiseHERO
Jun 4, 2011, 12:54 PM
This is dumb. Wheres that pre-alpha info they said we'd get? D<

PhotonDrop
Jun 4, 2011, 01:33 PM
Sure it won't be PSO it would be PSO 2 games need to change. Holding on to old sentimental shit is why Japanese games seem so damn stagnant.

This has nothing to do with it being Japanese. If a game is going to pick up the title of a classic and tag a 2 on the end people expect it to share key features with it's predecessor. Sequels are supposed to expand and add onto features. If it's going to be a massive departure it should be it's own title like PSU was. Otherwise you get something bizarre like PSOep3 where SEGA was clearly using the Phantasy Star Online title as a cash grab.

Kion
Jun 4, 2011, 03:42 PM
If it makes you feel any better, there is a dragon model in PSP2.

:-( Not really, no. Emilia completely ruined that game.

Randomness
Jun 4, 2011, 04:46 PM
:-( Not really, no. Emilia completely ruined that game.

Her character was written 10x better than anything in PSU was, at least. Though, in part, that reflects how awful the writing was for PSU.

Kenbog
Jun 4, 2011, 04:56 PM
customizable mag that not only give you stats but also could give weapons like drills, machineguns and technicsshooters, equipable parts like wings and caterpillar tires and boosters and that have remote control, would be nice

ShinMaruku
Jun 4, 2011, 05:28 PM
This has nothing to do with it being Japanese. If a game is going to pick up the title of a classic and tag a 2 on the end people expect it to share key features with it's predecessor. Sequels are supposed to expand and add onto features. If it's going to be a massive departure it should be it's own title like PSU was. Otherwise you get something bizarre like PSOep3 where SEGA was clearly using the Phantasy Star Online title as a cash grab.
Not sure it's quite a key feature, it seemed like a tedious thing for stat building. They could do the same stuff in a much better way. Sometimes you must leave some of the old 'legacy' things just for the masses. if the game is well made and just as addictive people will forget about mags. Sure they may bitch in the beginning but a month in they'll forget it.

MESeele
Jun 4, 2011, 05:28 PM
Mags. Just make them untradable this time around.

Broken_L_button
Jun 4, 2011, 05:59 PM
MAGs had their pros and cons for me in PSO, while PMs had their own pros and cons for me in PSP2. Even though I had fun with both of them, I certainly would hate to see them come back in PSO2, for that would get that game another inch closer to the base and disgraceful status of "PSO rehash".

Malachite
Jun 4, 2011, 07:16 PM
Not sure it's quite a key feature

MAGs were definitely a 'key feature' of PSO. I don't know what game you were playing.

I want MAGs back, but I want them to be improved on greatly. No partner machinery of any kind though, that was just terrible.

PepperCat
Jun 4, 2011, 08:37 PM
Man, I loved raising MAGs. I used to MAG farm while playing all the time. XD

I would like them to return to PSO2, but with more variety and not just stat boots, maybe they could combo with certain weapons to unleash a different/special attack. :D

Kion
Jun 4, 2011, 09:45 PM
Her character was written 10x better than anything in PSU was, at least. Though, in part, that reflects how awful the writing was for PSU.

I got to level 2 and threw the game away. A loli who does nothing but whine and bitch working as a mercenary? You stay classy Japan.

I'm really curious about MAG's though. They didn't show them in the announcement for the alpha.

ARASHIKAGE
Jun 5, 2011, 12:07 AM
It wouldn't be a PSO game if there weren't MAG's in it. I loved having my own customizable, functional piece of equipment, and they just looked so cool hovering over your shoulder or on your back. It was like raising a Pokemon, or a Chao of some sort. Now, if they actually fought alongside you, or you could give them commands, or somehow fuse a Photon Blast with a racial ability, AND you could customize their appearance as well as their stats... HELL YEAH, I would love that.

Thank you!
Many of us have had the argument; "technically anything following a Phantasy Star like story line could be called Phantasy Star Online 2" But I disagree, that "2" puts the emphasis on a sequel, or a re-creation. And I'm sorry but 75% of us agree so far; MAGs need to be in PSO2. It's not necessarily "no MAGs, no money" and it certainly won't bust the game for me.

I recant my earlier statement, true it's not a unanimous vote, but it never will be. You have to crack a few eggs to make this omelet and sometimes the shells get all mixed when you cook it, and some eggs stay sunny side up.... Ok I'm not so good with the egg puns...

Majority rule! Phanatsy Star fans/gamers want MAGs!

P.S. But we are also used to disappointment...aww:(

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jun 5, 2011, 03:16 AM
I want to see something similar to PSOs MAGs, but with more customizable options. For example, as they evolve, they gain extra abilities like attacking, casting techs and such (which I've mentioned in detail in other areas of the forum).

Also, since they've already said there will be synthesizing in the game, it would be pretty cool if your mag handled that as well. This way, you don't have to drop out of a mission or take a break from runs just to pull out your new gear. Would be kinda cool to pull some brand new gear right before a boss.

I would also like them to put some type of restriction on what level chars can equip certain higher level mags, to help eliminate the issue of a level 1 equipping gear they shouldn't be able to for at least 20-30 levels. Maybe a sliding scale or something, as you level it unlocks the stats of the mag.

Even if they keep them the exact same way as PSO, or keep them out, as ARASHIKAGE said, it wont be a game breaker, but I'd be pretty dissapointed, not surprised, just dissapointed.

RenzokukenZ
Jun 5, 2011, 04:30 AM
I would also like them to put some type of restriction on what level chars can equip certain higher level mags, to help eliminate the issue of a level 1 equipping gear they shouldn't be able to for at least 20-30 levels. Maybe a sliding scale or something, as you level it unlocks the stats of the mag.

Wouldn't the simple fix to this be to add level restrictions to weapons as in PSP2?

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jun 5, 2011, 04:46 AM
Wouldn't the simple fix to this be to add level restrictions to weapons as in PSP2?

Yes, that would be simple, but it would take away from the aspect of leveling up a MAg for an alternate char or for a friend.

I personally never cared for level restricted equipment myself, I prefer stats. If they were to restrict everything to levels, then it would discourage creating other characters, and since Sega has yet to create a game in this series where every character, regardless of race/gender, have the same stats, that would present a problem for me.

At least if they keep it as stat based equipment, then youy could potentially make a new char with slightly better gear that a brand new player, which would make the lower tier runs more bearable. I just don't want to see level 1's running around with the stats of a level 50, since part of the initial enjoyment is the level grinding for more strength. And I'd like MAGs to help with that, but not make it too easy.

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 02:15 PM
I just don't want to see level 1's running around with the stats of a level 50, since part of the initial enjoyment is the level grinding for more strength.
Perhaps for you anyway, but I doubt everyone will agree. Some people probably think the grind for power in lower levels is tedious (as if grinding in any game isn't) and would like to have the option to speed through it with the gear they earned. Personally, I can stand, and thoroughly enjoy at times, grinding a brand new character from scratch and I think it is better to leave options open. If people want to move overpowered gear over to a new character so they can get to a high level faster than they should have that choice, and if they want to start from scratch or with mid level gear then they should have that choice as well.

Lady Nadia
Jun 5, 2011, 04:16 PM
I like how so many people ignore the idea of this being a new game, then just add up "PSO VS PSU" and everyone just wants the same mag system from PSO.

New things can still be better too, you know. :\

/Voted neither

Good answer!!!! ima cry if i have to make mags again for hours on end. if they do that again im not gonna b happy. i voted neither as well but if i really had to pick one or the other id take the dumbass PM, hopefully revised not to be so much of a dumbass, b4 another mag grind fest. ultimately tho id rather see sumthin new as well.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jun 5, 2011, 09:06 PM
Perhaps for you anyway, but I doubt everyone will agree. Some people probably think the grind for power in lower levels is tedious (as if grinding in any game isn't) and would like to have the option to speed through it with the gear they earned. Personally, I can stand, and thoroughly enjoy at times, grinding a brand new character from scratch and I think it is better to leave options open. If people want to move overpowered gear over to a new character so they can get to a high level faster than they should have that choice, and if they want to start from scratch or with mid level gear then they should have that choice as well.

I'm well aware that most people will not agree, just as I'm well aware that most people wont read all my posts in this thread to get a better idea of where I'm coming from and will most likely take a small part of my post and comment only on that.

Let me try to clarify my stance in one post, I'd much rather see something completely new and hopefully more balanced that what they've had in the past, since the old ways obviously did not cater to everyone's likes.

Something else to consider, this game will most likely contain events much like PSU for the players that consider the level grinding tedious as it is. So It's not too much of a stretch to restrict the stat boosting aspect. (provided they're even in the game to begin with).

Hope this clears things up a bit ^.-

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 09:15 PM
My post wasn't meant to be a personal shot at you. I was just wondering why so many people felt that equipping mags on a new character was such a big problem, and you just happened to be the most recent person to post about it. I mean, it opens up more play style options, and the player can choose whether or not they want to do it. I just don't understand why it should be abolished. I just can't seem to grasp that mentality.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jun 5, 2011, 09:40 PM
My post wasn't meant to be a personal shot at you. I was just wondering why so many people felt that equipping mags on a new character was such a big problem, and you just happened to be the most recent person to post about it. I mean, it opens up more play style options, and the player can choose whether or not they want to do it. I just don't understand why it should be abolished. I just can't seem to grasp that mentality.

And mine wasn't meant to be a personal shot either, I had only quoted your post to use as an example since this situation tends to come up way too often. And I don't take it personally. I hope you feel the same. Anyway, to your comment.

I don't necessarily want to see the old system abolished, just changed to encompass the likes of more people. As I said earlier, this game will probably have a lot more events which will most likely come with exp boosts anyway (if they follow the trend) so I don't see the point in having the ability to boost a characters stats as drastically at an early stage as it was in PSO.

ShinMaruku
Jun 5, 2011, 09:47 PM
MAGs were definitely a 'key feature' of PSO. I don't know what game you were playing.

I want MAGs back, but I want them to be improved on greatly. No partner machinery of any kind though, that was just terrible.

See ya put in quotes making it seem like you are twisting that to fit mags in. They game would have been just as good without the mags and another mechanic behind it.
I say toss both of em and make something newer and better.

Skye-Fox713
Jun 5, 2011, 09:52 PM
I'd like to see a return of mag's in some form or another, but not like pm's.

Lady Nadia
Jun 6, 2011, 03:33 AM
First time chars are always rough and the time it takes to get that first char to 200 and gearing him/her, i have no opposition to passing down equips to a new char. It's my gear i either obtained or paid for it and if i can knock several hours off of a 2nd+ chars road to 200 by sharing my gear with it im no doubt gonna do so. this is kinda like being a prestige class in a different game, ppl who have high lvl jobs already shuld have this advantage at their disposal, this seperates the longtime players and the newer guys. n if i am too overpowered for the new guys im playing with i always let em hit the mobs with an aoe spell or attack b4 i start raping everything so theres fast xp for all!

Gryffin
Jul 1, 2011, 07:34 PM
I've always really enjoyed MAGS, mostly because of the variety, and the ability to really add to the customization to get your character to be what YOU want it to be. That being said, someone mentioned the idea of having commands available, I think that would be lovely... Having a small command screen, that displays your options for response to a scenario, along with the stat customization, I think that would be fantastic.

Say you have 50 points or so to spend on commands, so you can't make it too broken. 10 points to heal at low health, 20 points to auto-revive once per mission, 10 points to auto-cast debuffs/buffs at certain cues, I really think that would allow every player to really find their niche. ;)

Phinalphantasy
Jul 1, 2011, 08:57 PM
Keep the original PSO's Mags for combat and stat assisstance. Add in PM's for item related purposes. (Synthing, Storage, ect.)

Randomness
Jul 2, 2011, 05:22 PM
MAGs for customizable stat boosts would be good. PMs don't offer much really, beyond meatshielding, which they're quite good at.

Synthing doesn't need something for each player - a central location would work fine without the silly timers from PSU.

That said, I don't recall seeing MAGs in the footage we've seen so far, so...

NoiseHERO
Jul 2, 2011, 06:24 PM
NO

IF I'M GONNA SYNTH I wanna do it in the comfort of my own space ship! not in the dark corner of some stupid mercenary mini mall. WHETHER A PM HAS TO TAKE 8 HOURS TO DIGEST IT AND POOP IT OUT OR NOT!

IV Pestilence
Jul 3, 2011, 11:05 PM
MAGS undoubtedly. It's nice to have some company when you're out on your own. I never really liked PM because they just sat and never really did much whereas the MAGS were with you through thick n' thin.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2011, 11:19 PM
THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE STOP SPOUTING NONSENSE

ONE SITS OVER YOUR SHOULDER AND JUST FLOATS THERE, THE OTHER IS JUMPING INFRONT OF LASERS FOR SO AS A MEATSHIELD.

CUT OUT THAT NOSTALGIA NONSENSE!!!

yoshiblue
Jul 5, 2011, 03:56 AM
why not both?

PhotonDrop
Jul 5, 2011, 04:05 AM
THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE STOP SPOUTING NONSENSE

ONE SITS OVER YOUR SHOULDER AND JUST FLOATS THERE, THE OTHER IS JUMPING INFRONT OF LASERS FOR SO AS A MEATSHIELD.

CUT OUT THAT NOSTALGIA NONSENSE!!!

Because typing in all caps all the time makes you right? I don't get why you feel the need to make straw man arguments about PSO players all the time. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. PMs were just about useless, they even failed as meat shields.

Mizumi323
Jul 5, 2011, 11:09 AM
I think it would be nice to have something different!

While I liked the cute PM's of PSU, only the
party leader could bring one along. I don't think the AI would be a downside to the PM, since usually they can be used as a 'distraction' more than anything.

As for Mags, I don't have any complaints really. But I just want something different from PSU / PSO / Etc. :D

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 5, 2011, 01:26 PM
I would have to say MAGS. The ability to raise their stats as you wanted was great.
Hope we get something different but similar.

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2011, 02:30 PM
Because typing in all caps all the time makes you right? I don't get why you feel the need to make straw man arguments about PSO players all the time. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. PMs were just about useless, they even failed as meat shields.

I'm actually surprised people read half the barely-serious nonsense I type in all caps. I figured at some point, SOMEONE would have to get annoyed by it in some way shape or form.

You say I'm attacking PSO players but if you look at what he said, "MAGs are always there by your said and PM's stand there and do nothing blah blah blah"

I was merely exaggerating that mags were no different, and if anything PMs were AT LEAST meat shields. and the instant thought that goes through my head is that the only thing that would prevent him from being able to tell theres really no difference would be a nostalgia filter on his memory, or him only playing PSU just long enough to not realize PMs are awesome meat shields.

BESIDES!! I'M NOT THE ONE THAT ARGUES WITH PEOPLE IN DEAD HORSE RANTS!!

yoshiblue
Jul 5, 2011, 05:11 PM
PMs were mags that sacrificed your stats for their own existance. Yet they love you just the same right?

PhotonDrop
Jul 5, 2011, 05:46 PM
You say I'm attacking PSO players but if you look at what he said, "MAGs are always there by your said and PM's stand there and do nothing blah blah blah"

I was merely exaggerating that mags were no different, and if anything PMs were AT LEAST meat shields. and the instant thought that goes through my head is that the only thing that would prevent him from being able to tell theres really no difference would be a nostalgia filter on his memory, or him only playing PSU just long enough to not realize PMs are awesome meat shields.

MAGs give:

- boosted stats for a little breathing room in play style
- access to Photon Blasts
- a little flair to your character's appearance
- invincibility, buffs, heal, and revive you when you're down
- latent abilities with certain weapons

PMs give:

- item synthesis
- buffs and healing
- ...meat shield
- a resistance to a couple elements(if you play PSP)
- a chance to appear on "To Catch a Predator"

Having somebody else to take the heat for you is just not a persuasive argument.

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2011, 05:55 PM
^

Hey I was just putting it out there that PM's weren't as useless as he said. in Which I'm sure he was exagerating just as much as I did jokingly

Trying to turn this into a different argument comparing mags with PM's while off topic, if anything kind of further proves that. I don't really know what you want other wise.

Like I said, I'm surprised anyone would even reply to my caps. Look harder if you just want to have a pointless debate with someone.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 5, 2011, 06:22 PM
Pointless arguments on PSOWorld?! NO WAY!! WHERE!?!?!?