PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Enemy type that feels a bit OP..."spoiler"

darkante
Jun 3, 2011, 09:03 AM
Whatīs with those Plasma lillies?
Unless i go downright charging into them as soon as they spawn...
They usually stunlock me with their heat-seaking plasma bullets into submission.
I know they are duable with traps, but common..if they only did a small amount of damage then i wouldnīt think much about it.

But noooo...
Not to mention the other ones with Laser spam, my second least favorite.

MESeele
Jun 3, 2011, 12:02 PM
The grants lillies make me wish I had block enabled on my staffs. They're some of my favourite enemies though. Makes battles more intense/ frantic. I can still roll through a single one's bullets if I time it right, but IMs with multiple lilly batches make for very interesting tactics. Dark Lillies are awesome. But they're reduced to humourous sitting ducks if you just roll from the beam. Sazonde fodder.

Earth mother enemies are the type that annoy me. Popup causes teleportation and loss of chain. That and my only IM that has them consistently features them with dark nanodragons.

Neith
Jun 3, 2011, 01:01 PM
The Light-element Ob LIlies are a pain; I'd run the Dark Falz Dios mission a lot more if they weren't in it :lol:

I do find it strange that Ob Lilies went from spewing Megid in PSO to light attacks in PSP2, and Mil Lily is now a standard monster (instead of rare).

Personally though, I find the surfboard machines (forget the name) more annoying.

darkante
Jun 3, 2011, 01:04 PM
Sure, they are ok.
I remember facing them the first time and wondered what the hell i died from.

Dark Lillies shooting through everything.
Like thatīs fair. :S

The airboard guys isnīt too bad unless you do that IM mission with tons of them spawning.
Then i agree. They always find a weakspot somewhere and relentlessly attacks.

darkante
Jun 3, 2011, 03:13 PM
Hmm, good to know.
I take that to an account when i make a Force.

AdmiralPit
Jun 3, 2011, 09:20 PM
You're speaking of the Ob Lily. In a Force's point-of-view, or at least in my point-of-view, it's a matter of using a Shield/Wand combination, perfect block carefully as you approach, using Sazonde when you get the chance, and try to pick off 1 Lily at a time.
At least for me, keep one of the lilies down by keeping them under Sazonde while dealing with the other(s), and perfect block at the right times until one of the lilies die. Since I'm usually strong enough to the point where I won't flinch from the shots, I just take the hits, and kill them with a mixture of Sazonde, and a powerful Grants (empow. light wand).
You may use Jellen to help take more hits, of course.

If dealing with 1 Ob Lily, perfect block the first shot, ignore the 2nd (you still should be invulnerable at the time) as you approach, depending on your style.

Now the laser one, which is the Mil Lily, to my surprise, isn't that difficult at all if you know what to do. Again, from my view, using a Shield/Wand combination (sometimes, a card instead of a shield for Tec boost), then using Sazonde while strafing carefully, using Grants (Radiga is optional) to break chains once the opportunity is given, and they'll eventually fall. If you're using another class, then idk what to do atm, as I've been a FO for a long time.
I hope this helps a bit.

darkante
Jun 4, 2011, 02:50 AM
I mainly roll as a Ranger/Hunter type.

Force is something i heard so many bad stories about in vanilla so i havenīt given them a chance.
Otherwise, my sig states it ;P

MESeele
Jun 4, 2011, 03:22 PM
Force is something i heard so many bad stories about in vanilla so i havenīt given them a chance.
Otherwise, my sig states it ;P

They're vastly better now. Give them a try 8). Since defense and mind have been rescaled, they're less squishy too (unless it's a big enemy or boss, enemies with 10+ levels over you won't one shot you - which is nice).

darkante
Jun 4, 2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah, i feel etching to try one later on. =)