PDA

View Full Version : Free Play Horror Stories

Mustache
Jun 3, 2011, 11:42 AM
Last night was awful, it's the second time I had to quit out on a player. I was playing with a Japanese player, HUnewem, his lvl was high but he wasn't throwing out higher than 50-60's damage that is matched by running in with 3 NPC meat Shields. And of course he puts the settings on SH Arca Plant.

Now I don't mind running Arca Plant but if you're online and are planning on doing Arca on free play MAKE SURE YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF FIRST! There's nothing worse than having a barnacle attached to your side and having to play baby sitter while battling double Arkzeins. This isn't really what bothered me though, I came to the conclusion that I can help the player out and run him through the plant. Despite him dieing twice in the second room and atleast once in every room until I quit out.

So I'm doing about 80% of the damage, charging my restas and reviving him, basically soloing the plant for him. We get to a dead end room he stops while I fight an Arkzein, Akorse, and two Korses and he spams "Let's Go" over and over again. I get so angry. Ok your hunting Milias Breaker or something, fine. But you'r playing WITH OTHER PEOPLE who might be hunting something different, and when you're the freakin' leech in this situation you can pretend to give a **** and help me fight something instead of staying in the corner of the room spamming my screen.>.>

I left the room gave him a bad rating and DCed on him. Punk kid, have some freakin' respect for the players you barn to or you'll never get to Humilias.

shachao
Jun 6, 2011, 12:52 AM
lol i know how you feel XD

argh4430
Jun 8, 2011, 12:57 PM
I had a similar experience, but luckilly the guy didn't mind me doing the dead end rooms. He just didn't attribute much to the fights.

It's more annoying when someone connects, but their character just sits there. You can't progress, you have to DC.

Atbar
Jun 8, 2011, 02:24 PM
I've had my share of impatient players on Freeplay. I'd much rather play alone or with people on my F/C list because I can clear out every room without "LET'S GO!" being spammed over and over again because I don't have that same "rush to the end" attitude a lot of people on Freeplay seem to have.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 8, 2011, 09:54 PM
This is the reason I can't do free play with these kinds of people out there, since I'm one of those people who actually likes to clear every room in case of rare spawns or rare rooms that could happen ANYWHERE, I don't care if what I'm hunting is from the boss, I still search every room, and it would just annoy the hell out of me if I went with a guy who just spammed text and didn't contribute much to battle (really, unless you're a cast, if you can't hurt the enemies much, you could at least attempt to heal ME), but I seem to be the only person who has the caring mentality to do that... as well as the mentality to sometimes make leechers fight an entire room of enemies on their own while I just sit back and heal/revive them until THEY kill everything... those are always great times, laughing at their humiliation... I think anyone I did that to ended up quitting on me. I know, I'm a jerk, but I teach them a good lesson. XP

Mustache
Jun 8, 2011, 10:00 PM
I really hate quitting out on people especially since I know I'm not going to get to fight the boss, this is only a huge problem at Arca since it's annoying to run through it with all the undodgable attacks. But I don't really gain anything by watching them struggle every room and waste my time. I don't think I have it in me to play idlely by and watch the useless be useless.

Chaos Rappy
Jun 8, 2011, 10:52 PM
Really, the only reason I do it is to show them what they're doing to me: sitting by idly while not contributing, so I just let them see what they can actually do, and lo and behold, they show themselves how useless they are, and, as I said, most just quit on me because I showed them how they really were. I eventually met up later with another guy who I FP'd with in the past and did that, and he quit as soon as the game started. Jackass learned HIS lesson, that's for sure, at least with me. :P

Clavat99
Jun 9, 2011, 10:02 AM
I am a HUcast (duh). I am a Tank. I specialize in keeping YOU alive. but that DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!! I was in freeplay a few days ago and I got in a 4 man party for a Ruins run. There was me, 2 Fos and a Ra. It seemed like a pretty good balance at the time! But as soon as we started fighting hostiles, EVERY OTHER MEMBER OF MY TEAM WENT INTO THEIR MENUS. I killed the enemies myself and then they came back to playing. I thought it was just a fluke, but then they did it again the next room...and the next room...and the next room... The second the enemies spawned, they would go into their menus and leave me to fight. I learned to hate that thought bubble that appears above a player head when you hit start... I eventually got tired of it, so i waited untill we were in a room full of Rohjades, then i ran over to where they were standing, waited untill the Rohjades came over, then i went into the other room. I whatched as everyone else died then i walked back in and massacred the rohjades. then dc'd. God i wish you could crouch in PSZ...i would have teabagged their asses but good.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jun 9, 2011, 01:08 PM
This Morning i was online on PSZ with my RAcast.

I was in a Part with Level 100 Japanese guys.
But they were sooo weak. Ähhh
The one was a HUcast and the other Guy was a FOnewearl and they did very low damage
in the Dark Shrine.
Only 110 per hit on Hard!?!?
A RAcast on Level 100 will make more than this imao. LOL

Clavat99
Jun 10, 2011, 12:09 PM
This Morning i was online on PSZ with my RAcast.

I was in a Part with Level 100 Japanese guys.
But they were sooo weak. Ähhh
The one was a HUcast and the other Guy was a FOnewearl and they did very low damage
in the Dark Shrine.
Only 110 per hit on Hard!?!?
A RAcast on Level 100 will make more than this imao. LOL

Uhhh...110 is low? What universe do you come from? Hard DS damage output is around 100 average, and you can rarely get higher than that. And RAcasts do not get higher than that, they break even in good builds but usually have less damage which is made up for in ATA. That FOnewearl probably didnt have a good build, and she wasnt using the right tech-enemy combonations for DS. And That HUcast was doing just fine.

argh4430
Jun 10, 2011, 12:47 PM
Last night, I played with a RAcast, named Brandon. We were in Dark Shrine Super, and he was armed with the Octo Bazooka, all the way through. I couldn't believe it. He was absolutely useless damage-wise. At least he helped in keeping me alive, and had some inkling of using heat traps for actual damage. But still, if you're going to do a gimmick like that, at least fight the bosses with tenacity. Hit them like you mean it.

Noblewine
Jun 30, 2011, 02:04 AM
The only annoying things I ran into while online is people joining running a mission then leaving. I don't know if they disconnected or just left but its the reason I rarely go online. =/
The chat limit is another reason.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 18, 2011, 07:39 PM
Sorry but what does DC mean?

steaIth
Jul 20, 2011, 12:48 PM
Sorry but what does DC mean?

dis-connect.
essentially quiting/lagging out or some other thing.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 20, 2011, 03:04 PM
****, I hate that.

Biolizard13
Jul 22, 2011, 01:51 PM
My horror story? Any battle with Humilias.
Seriously, I am a HUnewm and I can take this guy down pretty easily.
I'm just so unlucky to be connected to the worse players ever.
Just 3 HUmars who didn't know how to fight Humilias. Spamming "HELP ME!!" every few seconds they died, I had to keep charging my anti to rez them.
You'd think that by 50- 60levels of playing that they would learn to stay under his legs and you could avoid anything, but from what I saw it looks like they have never even played this game.
Although I don't think it was completely their fault, they didn't have that many good weapons.

HUcastRyu
Jul 25, 2011, 01:25 PM
Running a map on hard mode as a FOmar with 2 noob HUcasts that didn't have ANY HEALING ITEMS OR JUST REFUSED TO USE THEM! I ran out of fluids by the end of the run...

gordon/alpha999
Jul 25, 2011, 07:49 PM
Running a map on hard mode as a FOmar with 2 noob HUcasts that didn't have ANY HEALING ITEMS OR JUST REFUSED TO USE THEM! I ran out of fluids by the end of the run...

I find that quite nostalgic in some of my experiences, lulz

Humar of legends
Jul 29, 2011, 11:53 PM
Free plays feels pretty dead to me, so i don't touch it.

Biolizard13
Aug 1, 2011, 11:21 AM
Free plays feels pretty dead to me, so i don't touch it.

Cool story bro.

Another run with Nubmars at Dark Shrine, them screaming "HELP ME!" while I was trying to keep them alive and fight Falz at the same time was frustrating.
Never playing my FOnewm online again.

kagoma1112
Aug 1, 2011, 06:23 PM
One time when I played freeplay, we were in a middle of fighting Dark Falz and they left. > >
Don't know if it was their connection or they did it intentionally, but it didn't take long for me to die after that...

Zettaizero
Aug 1, 2011, 08:52 PM
Free play is so dead with the american players, I never got an english party yet. Can't complain though, all of those japanese players are lv 100 and know how to take things down.. I learned how to fight Humilias from them.

Mithos
Aug 1, 2011, 09:15 PM
Free play is so dead with the american players, I never got an english party yet. Can't complain though, all of those japanese players are lv 100 and know how to take things down.. I learned how to fight Humilias from them.

I know what you mean. I've only found one American player so far and he was pretty bad. I've been getting on a lot later at night and it's like all I find is Lv100 jap players, which is fine by me. We go through stages so fast, especially if we are both a Force. :D
The other night was awesome! I found the same Lv100 jap player four times in a row and we were both Forces. We would get so happy every time we'd find each other lol. What was even better was we had some major teamwork going on, it was like we knew what we were going to do.
Anyway, sorry to ramble. :-P

Zettaizero
Aug 1, 2011, 10:59 PM
I know what you mean. I've only found one American player so far and he was pretty bad. I've been getting on a lot later at night and it's like all I find is Lv100 jap players, which is fine by me. We go through stages so fast, especially if we are both a Force. :D
The other night was awesome! I found the same Lv100 jap player four times in a row and we were both Forces. We would get so happy every time we'd find each other lol. What was even better was we had some major teamwork going on, it was like we knew what we were going to do.

Haha, sounds like the time when I spammed free play on super hard and found the same person who had the same class and look as mine 7 times in a row.

StriderTuna
Aug 1, 2011, 11:11 PM

I wished my place's wifi was that good so I can try multi-playing. I might try to go by the library one of these days and try doing some multi-play. But it's nice to hear some nice free play experiences.

Pirrip
Aug 1, 2011, 11:23 PM
I've been freeplaying a little lately, and helping a lot of lower level people level up. Unless I play with people I know, I use my Lv. 100 full Mind FOnewearl『チョコもちこ』. That way, other players are more encouraged to fight with me because I'm not boasting a really high damage output.

It is really very annoying to get to a boss battle where(despite the fact that my teammate has helped through the whole level) my teammate decides to stay in the same place and let me handle the whole boss fight. And then they spam the chat for help if they die on accident because they know they're not going to get the EXP if they aren't revived.

I'm pretty aware of my teammates' HP and can fill up the whole bar on a single charged resta, but when you've done nothing to make sure you don't get hit, I don't pity you enough to give you the credit.

Mithos
Aug 2, 2011, 01:34 AM
Oh my gosh... I had some horrible parties tonight. -_- I finally found my first full party and one of them was American and everyone was 84+, but two of them end up leaving in the second room, and then the other guy left before the boss. And then I had a horrible LV100 Jap player leave in front of the Arca Plant boss, so I had to do that boss by myself too. I played with another horrible LV100 Jap Force that was pretty much using no techs the whole time. I ended up leaving that one. I felt like my LV84 Force was playing babysitter for all these 90+ Characters tonight, haha!
Anyway, sorry to vent lol. It was pretty annoying though.