PDA

View Full Version : Equipment for RaCast

FrenzicWolf
Jun 4, 2011, 07:46 PM
I have been looking for a while now, but can not seem to find a good list of equipment for RaCasts. So far I know of:

Frozen Shooter (have)

Charge Mechs 50 hit(have)

Spread needle (need)

Excalibur(Will never be able to afford)

V101
V502

What else should I get? By the way, I really enjoy doing challenge mode, so I will be getting a S-Rank weapon. Which should I get? Thanks for any and all help. :D

Dongra
Jun 4, 2011, 07:56 PM
Ok, so you have a couple of things covered. Let me see if I can recall correctly, you should also invest in a 50 hit charge arms, Iron Faust, Heaven Striker, and if you can't get an Excalibur you can use a few cheap alternatives for lizards such as 50 hit charge Gungnir, 50 hit S-beats blades, or Daylight Scar. As far as S-ranks go, the only one you should be concerned with is the S-rank Needle which you should attempt to get several of. If you can, try to get S-rank Needles with the Arrest special, Hell special, and berserk special. That's about all I can think of at the moment.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 4, 2011, 08:08 PM
Awesome, Thanks for the quick reply. Also, What should i do for armor? Ranger wall?

Dongra
Jun 4, 2011, 08:27 PM
Ranger wall will be fine as far as your shield goes and any armor of your choice will do. Personally, I'm a fan of the Black Hound Cuirass for the massive defensive boost, though it does lack in resistances. If I were to use BHC on a RAcast I would probably drop the Ranger Wall for a Gratia to balance out that weakness, but you will need to sacrifice 20 ATA for it.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 4, 2011, 08:28 PM
Okay, Thanks again. Though it sucks now as it turns out I sold my frozen shooter.. I have 7 PDs and like 40 rares. This shall require a lot of work. D:

FrenzicWolf
Jun 4, 2011, 08:46 PM
Oh, And one final question. How much do Heaven Strikers go for nowadays? Cause it turns out i have a striker Unit.

Dongra
Jun 4, 2011, 09:32 PM
I think around 80 to 90 photon drops without hit. I would advise against using the mag though since the berserk special is better than divine punishment. There is also the fact that you will just annoy people with the special since it doesn't do much damage and causes damage cancel.

Lady Nadia
Jun 4, 2011, 10:51 PM
One more wep i'd highly recommend for ra is the yazminkoz mechguns. high power mechguns, and they have crazy range for mechs, excellent wep!!! the yazminkov 9000M to be exact purplenum ult mines, dropped by canune if i remember correctly, not only do they have enhanced range but they also look very cool and are 1 of the best for power.

Dongra
Jun 4, 2011, 11:09 PM
I forgot to mention that if you get a S-rank Needle and add the arrest special to it you will have no reason to look for a Spread Needle.

Lady Nadia
Jun 4, 2011, 11:54 PM
Will S rank shotgun out parse a spread needles rate of fire?

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 12:02 AM
A Needle will always be faster but a shot does have more range.

Lady Nadia
Jun 5, 2011, 12:32 AM
prolly a good idea to get a needle regardless of whether u have an s rank shotgun tho or not imo, just so u got aoe range and solid aoe dps at your disposal.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 08:37 PM
Oneeeeeeeeee more question. How much are 50 hit spread needles? Trying to buy one right now.

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 08:42 PM
Can't really put a price on that since that is very rare.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 08:45 PM
Should i just go with no hit% then? Does it really make that much of a difference?

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 08:49 PM
50 hit will make a very noticeable difference but it will also cost an arm and a leg to get. A Spread Needle with no hit will be very cheap and a good start but you might find it difficult to hit with the special attack.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 08:52 PM
How about with v501, which i have? :)

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 09:08 PM
That will help your special activate more often but it won't help you to actually hit more often.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 09:15 PM
Well, I think I had a spread needle before and did fine even without v501 so I should be fine.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 09:47 PM
One final final final question, I swear this is the complete last question. How much can I get for my 5/155/40 striker unit? o-o

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 10:07 PM
Roughly the same amount of any level 200 mag which is 20-25 Photon Drops.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 10:26 PM
Awesome, Thanks. Time to sell it and get a 5/150/45 mag c;

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 10:58 PM
Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE more. When this is answered, I shall never post in this thread again, I PROMISE! Someone just offered me a heaven striker for 40 PDs. Should i buy it and try to resell it for more? :o

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 11:06 PM
I'd say buy it and use it if you don't have one already.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 11:10 PM
Can't do that cause the only reason i have 4x pds is cause i just sold my mag, so i have to spend half my pds on a new mag. I just want to know about buying and reselling for a hefty 20 pd profit according to the pso wiki price guide.

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 11:24 PM
Wait, you sold your only mag? Ok, that probably wasn't the greatest move. Still, I would say keep it and use it once you buy or make a new mag since Heaven Strikers usually don't come cheap. If you really want to, sell it for a profit. Do you happen to know the percent attributes of the Heaven Striker?

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 11:27 PM
Well actually, i have a sato i've been working on, level 103 atm, so it wasn't my only one.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 11:30 PM
Um, I didn't add the guy to my guild card so, is there any way i can message him? I have his name

Dongra
Jun 5, 2011, 11:38 PM
Without his Guild Card you won't be able to find him without just randomly walking into him. Chances are he will open up another selling game if he is still trying to sell that Heaven Striker.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 11:44 PM
He didn't make a room before, I made it and he came and bought my striker unit.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 11:51 PM
Found him, Bought one for 40. 0/0/0/35 :D

FrenzicWolf
Jun 5, 2011, 11:58 PM
Btw, For the list of weapons you gave me, why wasn't L&K38 combat on the list?
I completely forgot about it, but I found it in my storage. I find it to be an amazing weapon. o-o

Dongra
Jun 6, 2011, 12:06 AM
Oh right, I forgot about L&K 38. I probably didn't list it because I don't use it. I prefer charge vulcans over it.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 6, 2011, 12:10 AM
Ah. I prefer to have both cause.. I just LOVE L&K38, but charge vulcan is better for more situations. So far the only thing i know that has L&K better than vulcan is dark fals.

Lady Nadia
Jun 6, 2011, 12:22 AM
Found a pair of charge vulcans today with 80% hit for my hune!!!! i almost died lol gonna try em on falz here in a lil while

FrenzicWolf
Jun 6, 2011, 12:27 AM
Nice. I'm sporting 50hit vulcans and my L&K is 0/45/45/20 :)

btw, Is there a forum where I could sell stuff? I hate having to sit in a room waiting for people.

Dongra
Jun 6, 2011, 12:50 AM
The forums for the private server you are playing on should have a section for that.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 6, 2011, 12:56 AM
Sold heaven striker for 55 pds. :)

Lady Nadia
Jun 6, 2011, 01:33 AM
i still play ep 1 n 2. might have to get me some bb action one of these days

FrenzicWolf
Jun 6, 2011, 01:43 AM
I loved Ep 1 and 2, but I never actually owned it, and I sold my wii so can't even play it. Also, I was never able to go online. But blue burst changed that. I love it. :)

Lady Nadia
Jun 6, 2011, 02:14 AM
lol o ya i forgot about this one, more for fun than anything but i gots an angel harp with 55% hit its fun to confuse mobs like indi belra on ult when theres tons of enemies in the room. not sumthin a racast wuld need but its fun for the ramarls.

FrenzicWolf
Jun 6, 2011, 11:16 AM
So I just found out that PSU is completely for for japan.. Ofcourse right when I found that out, I started to register. Downloading psu atm. Can't wait to play it. Hope there isn't lag. <3