PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 New, some questions

Zhukora
Jun 6, 2011, 03:03 PM
Ive played psp and liked a beast hunter (generic) but this time i wan to mix it up so i was thinking a newman vanguard, however im terrible at guns/techs so would say a human hunter be better? Or can i get by as a vanguard without having to really rely on techs? Also what class would be easier to play but still fun? I like easy because i have low vision so im not too fast lol. Thanks.

Zarode
Jun 6, 2011, 04:11 PM
Vanguard is more of a jack of all trades, master of none (well, EX traps...). You earn your speed the more you play, just take the game at your pace. I have a Newman Vanguard and I tend to melee with him more then I use guns or anything. Try it.

Emp
Jun 6, 2011, 04:12 PM
Ive played psp and liked a beast hunter (generic) but this time i wan to mix it up so i was thinking a newman vanguard, however im terrible at guns/techs so would say a human hunter be better? Or can i get by as a vanguard without having to really rely on techs? Also what class would be easier to play but still fun? I like easy because i have low vision so im not too fast lol. Thanks.

Newman vanguard is great choice. Highest EVA for race/type. Human Hunter is ok but I would go with Human Vangaurd if you go Human. Humans, I believe/not entirely sure, have the second highest MNT(Mental) and still have an adequate DEF(defense)/Tech to boot.

My friend Listy pwned as Newman VA using twin sabers and ex traps. Newman VA pretty much like a wild card. Adequate in almost everything yet very very very squishy ^^;.

Zhukora
Jun 6, 2011, 04:25 PM
Itend to like melee more but having tuat backup heal is nice, plus ill have npc party members to fight if i need to run around trying not to get hit lol! I will give a more melee EVA trap (ive never used traps!) newman vanguard a chance =) thanks!!

Emp
Jun 6, 2011, 04:29 PM
Itend to like melee more but having tuat backup heal is nice, plus ill have npc party members to fight if i need to run around trying not to get hit lol! I will give a more melee EVA trap (ive never used traps!) newman vanguard a chance =) thanks!!

Your welcome. I hope you train him/her well. If you want to melee then do it but remember to use a rod for buffs/healing. You can pretty much do anything with the Vangaurd class but you wont be the best cause your PAs/Bullets/Tech are limited to a certain degree.

Zhukora
Jun 6, 2011, 05:05 PM
Just didthe demo with a newman vanguard, confirms i hate forces but ill only use them for buffs/heals and then melee and traps the rest of thetime =) my newman is so cute!

Guns are kinda nice but im not a big gun person lol! Hopefully i get the hang of traps.

Would you say its fairly easy? Also what would my role be in a party?

Also what melee weapons should i use? I really like twin knuckles (sabres are a bit boring looking)

zeital
Jun 7, 2011, 02:26 AM
really if ur playing VA u kinda fill the role that isn't there in a party, which is y they get lv 20 for PA/Techs etc. tho really you can play how u want to, most VA use EX traps to help anailate bosses and burst Bomber is a must have ability for that

if you looking for what weps u like i say try an easy run with each type of wep and see what u like, you can't really be told to like X wep

Zhukora
Jun 7, 2011, 11:05 AM
really if ur playing VA u kinda fill the role that isn't there in a party, which is y they get lv 20 for PA/Techs etc. tho really you can play how u want to, most VA use EX traps to help anailate bosses and burst Bomber is a must have ability for that

if you looking for what weps u like i say try an easy run with each type of wep and see what u like, you can't really be told to like X wep

Thanks! I sat for 40 minutes beating the dragon in the beginer grasslands because i forgot to rquip skills and better spells lol!!!

How foes multiplayer work? Is it only with people nearby?

NDW
Jun 7, 2011, 11:24 AM
How foes does multiplayer work? Is it only with people nearby?

Internet Multimode: you can play with anyone online on PSN.

Regular multiplayer is where you can play with people via Ad-Hoc (you have friends over or in the same area as you).

Wayu
Jun 7, 2011, 11:24 AM
For Newman Vanguard, stack EVP units. That's the only thing keeping you alive.

Keep your traps until you really need them. They're powerful trump cards; keep them on hand until absolutely necessary or if you find a great moment where you can wreck havoc with them.

For PAs, use the ones that hit several times and as fast as possible. Keep on your toes for attacks from behind and techniques; EVP can't block those.

Survival over damage. This is a basic principle of every class/race, but more so for Newmans.

I don't get your multiplayer question.

-Wayu

Zhukora
Jun 7, 2011, 11:40 AM
Awesome, id like to try partys after i beat story mode, thanks!

blace
Jun 7, 2011, 01:58 PM
The only concern with online right now is the constant disconnection. Ever since PSN shut down its servers due to an attack, everything seems really sluggish.

One other thing you might want to worry about is the players that inhabit the servers. A large majority of those players, use certain methods to get to where they are, so take care to watch out for those, namely the host having a name in different colors.

Also like past games, enemy difficulty increases with the number of players joining you. For example, 3 chain then PA will normally finish off a certain enemy but online increases their endurance that you'll need to have a higher chain to finish them.

Malice913150
Jun 7, 2011, 07:02 PM
Also like past games, enemy difficulty increases with the number of players joining you. For example, 3 chain then PA will normally finish off a certain enemy but online increases their endurance that you'll need to have a higher chain to finish them.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. i want one player mode just like PSO ;-; makes monsters easier to deal with when you dont have friends lmao

Zarode
Jun 7, 2011, 09:01 PM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. i want one player mode just like PSO ;-; makes monsters easier to deal with when you dont have friends lmao

That's exactly what he just said. When you go online, the monsters are stronger.

Emp
Jun 7, 2011, 09:05 PM

Its boring though when its just yourself tho. Online makes missions go faster cause theres ppl helping you out. I dont notice much of any difference in monster strength online or offline. It all seems the same since I've done every mission quite a few times(ALOT!)

zeital
Jun 8, 2011, 04:11 AM
Its boring though when its just yourself tho. Online makes missions go faster cause theres ppl helping you out. I dont notice much of any difference in monster strength online or offline. It all seems the same since I've done every mission quite a few times(ALOT!)

i agree on the boring bit, i think the only run i can do offline is gamaga everything else is to slow/boring without people helping you and to talk to, plus the AI on the offline charas suck

there is a bit of a difference i find when i get a 4 party going but nothing that you can't handle unless u get a run with too high lv mobs when your at lower lv

Zhukora
Jun 8, 2011, 10:38 AM
i like my newman, however it took me 45mins to beat the first dragon boss, my thumbs HURT!!! because i had to keep my newman away or shed die, any advice?

Actually i find im playing her like a hunter, up inthe action and only using the rod to buff, i use monomates to heal since its faster.. Anyone else play like rhis? Also i kinda suck at guard/dodge lol

Would a human or beast vanguard be easier? Or cast hunter?

blace
Jun 8, 2011, 02:27 PM
i like my newman, however it took me 45mins to beat the first dragon boss, my thumbs HURT!!! because i had to keep my newman away or shed die, any advice?

Actually i find im playing her like a hunter, up inthe action and only using the rod to buff, i use monomates to heal since its faster.. Anyone else play like rhis? Also i kinda suck at guard/dodge lol

Dodge when it starts whipping its tail around, block when it's about to stomp, and run for the hills when it starts flying and spewing balls of fire.

That's how most people play Vanguards since most of the weapon choices are mostly 1 handed melee weapons.

Humans have a bit more HP whereas Beasts will have a bigger difference in HP gain in the later levels. Humans also have decent EVA and Beasts are only a few points off in EVA in higher levels. Casts have great accuracy and highest HP in the end, but their EVA is the lowest in the game. In the end, playing as either Newman of Beast with high EVA based shieldweaves will be a cakewalk at around level 60+. Just mind the technics, they hurt like a bitch.

Zhukora
Jun 8, 2011, 02:57 PM
Dodge when it starts whipping its tail around, block when it's about to stomp, and run for the hills when it starts flying and spewing balls of fire.

That's how most people play Vanguards since most of the weapon choices are mostly 1 handed melee weapons.

Humans have a bit more HP whereas Beasts will have a bigger difference in HP gain in the later levels. Humans also have decent EVA and Beasts are only a few points off in EVA in higher levels. Casts have great accuracy and highest HP in the end, but their EVA is the lowest in the game. In the end, playing as either Newman of Beast with high EVA based shieldweaves will be a cakewalk at around level 60+. Just mind the technics, they hurt like a bitch.

I am going beast vanguard (not as cute as newman but less squishy) and just using my rod for buffs =)
Im not too good at dodging/guard but ill learn. And i prefer double sabres or knuckles to anything else. As a human though would techs hurt less?

Emp
Jun 8, 2011, 03:26 PM

All Races that start out as Vanguard will play like the Hunter class until your Level 20 Vanguard. You can use ex traps at level 20 which will significantly reduce the time and effort to certain spawns and/or bosses.

About guarding and dodging, dont worry about that too much. In due time, you'll learn how to time each and every attack each monster has. Knowing how to time is essential if you want to learn how to perfect block. Heres a a good tip, chip at your target for once or twice then strafe. Dont stand there for too long cause your bound to die if you do.

Also I disagree with you Blace on weapon choices for Vanguards. Most Vangaurd weapon choices I see are 2 handed.

Zhukora
Jun 8, 2011, 04:07 PM
Still unsure: i may go human would that be ok for vanguard? Higher def and i can stack eva, may not have as much as beast or neuman but thats ok right? I just really dont like how beasts look >.< gotta be the ears lol

Temprus
Jun 8, 2011, 04:08 PM
Also I disagree with you Blace on weapon choices for Vanguards. Most Vangaurd weapon choices are see are 2 handed.

Agreed. You want weapons usually that help increase evasion like Twin sabers, twin daggers, Twin Handguns, etc. And these are definitely not 1-handed. Of course, you can use whatever you want, but a high evasion is the lifeline of the Vanguard.

Emp
Jun 8, 2011, 08:00 PM
Still unsure: i may go human would that be ok for vanguard? Higher def and i can stack eva, may not have as much as beast or neuman but thats ok right? I just really dont like how beasts look >.< gotta be the ears lol

If your going Human, you should use Defensive shield weaves that give you more than decent MND and stack half into defense and half into MND. Always try to stack in whatever state the race is good in in my opinion. You can either give him/her:

2 Guard mods/ 1 MND mod
or
2 MND mods/1 Guard mod.

I'd go for the first option. If you want to stack into EVA thats fine but give him/her:

2 Leg mods/1 Guard mod.

The 2 Leg modules will boost your EVA(+5(Perpa), +10(Giga), +15(Solid), +20(Lumirus), +25(Feril) depending on the rank of your armor; an adequate boost I think), and the Gaurd module will make up for some of Def you lose for being Vanguard.

As for the look of beasts, its the facial features for me. The features in the female beast look ok but the male beast face looks butt ugly ^^;

Zhukora
Jun 8, 2011, 08:07 PM
If your going Human, you should use Defensive shield weaves that give you more than decent MND and stack half into defense and half into MND. Always try to stack in whatever state the race is good in in my opinion. You can either give him/her:

2 Guard mods/ 1 MND mod
or
2 MND mods/1 Guard mod.

I'd go for the first option. If you want to stack into EVA thats fine but give him/her:

2 Leg mods/1 Guard mod.

The 2 Leg modules will boost your EVA(+5(Perpa), +10(Giga), +15(Solid), +20(Lumirus), +25(Feril) depending on the rank of your armor; an adequate boost I think), and the Gaurd module will make up for some of Def you lose for being Vanguard.

As for the look of beasts, its the facial features for me. The features in the female beast look ok but the male beast face looks butt ugly ^^;

I think i am sticking to beast, any advice for moduals? Or advice for beast in general?

Emp
Jun 8, 2011, 08:19 PM
I think i am sticking to beast, any advice for moduals? Or advice for beast in general?

The armor should be EVA based always since Beasts have great EVA(Second highest). As for modules, its all based on what class you want to be.

Hunter:

1-2 Power mods/1-2 Leg mods

Ranger:

2 Hit mods/1-2 Legs mods

Vanguard:

1-2 Power mods/1-2 Leg mods
1-3 Leg mods/1 Power mod
1-3 Power mods/1 Leg mod

Force:

1-2 MND mods/1-2 Def mods

Im basing all this on S rank armor. S rank armor have 4 slots and Im sorry if Im confusing u with this module talk. You can pretty fill up all your armor slots with modules since Beasts dont use Mirage blasts or SUVs. They use Nano blasts which come in the form of a badge which can be chosen in the salon.

Zhukora
Jun 8, 2011, 08:42 PM
Im going vanguard, and you did confuse me just a tad lol! Can you elaborate more vanguard. Also what mysinth should i use or does it not matter?

Emp
Jun 8, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'll elaborate based on armor rank

C rank(2slot):
1 Leg module

B Rank(3 slots):
1 Power module + 1 Leg module

A rank(4 slots):
2 Power module + 1 Leg module
2 Leg modules + 1 Power module

S rank(4 slots):
2 Power module + 1 Leg module
2 Leg modules + 1 Power module

There. I based the module choices for Vanguard based on the # of module slots. A and S rank have the same # of slots.

Zhukora
Jun 8, 2011, 09:22 PM
Many thanks!

Strauss
Jun 8, 2011, 11:19 PM
For MySynth options, I suggest the GH514 over anything else. In your party, all it will do is either spam Resta or help build chains (rarely will it actually break them, I myself am not completely sure how that happens).

You get get a GH514 from a regular GH510 and hope it gives you the device for it as a clear reward.

blace
Jun 9, 2011, 11:11 AM
I only said that assumption since 1 handed weapons cost the least to increase as a vanguard where as a hunter is just all melee weapons that cost the least.

I also would suggest against visual modules, unless you're confident you can dodge/block the attacks. Sometimes the extra points in either power or evasion could make a huge difference.

Emp
Jun 9, 2011, 03:57 PM
I only said that assumption since 1 handed weapons cost the least to increase as a vanguard where as a hunter is just all melee weapons that cost the least.

I also would suggest against visual modules, unless you're confident you can dodge/block the attacks. Sometimes the extra points in either power or evasion could make a huge difference.

Visual modules are a waste of armor slots. Most ppl I've met dont have room for them on their armors cause they stack into a particular stat(s) and use the last slot for either their Mirage Blast or SUV. You could use a visual module if your Beast and dont really care for the last armor slot.