PDA

View Full Version : Let's Be Honest. The Game Looks Bad.

Hell
Jun 8, 2011, 11:48 PM
The HUD and other graphics look bland and boring like PSU. The weapons so far look pretty run of the mill. It doesn't have that unique and colorful exotic style that PSO has on any of its content. It looks like a very generic free to play ORPG. Sad to say but it doesn't look very fun or innovative like PSO was. Looks like a cash cow with no purpose other than to milk a franchise that's out of ideas. Not trying to be an ass but I'm hugely disappointed with the lack of soul that I've seen in this game so far.

Legato Bluesummers
Jun 8, 2011, 11:53 PM
Not trying to be an ass but I'm hugely disappointed with the lack of soul that I've seen in this game so far.

Yeah man, all 4 minutes of it.

RenzokukenZ
Jun 8, 2011, 11:56 PM
Pathetic ignorance is pathetic.

Tyreek
Jun 8, 2011, 11:58 PM
I think the safest bet towards anything at this point is to "wait", and see where it goes towards its final build. I for one am reserving my judgement for when people get in on the Alpha and start showing what bells and whistles are currently in place. Right now all we got is one looksie at what the game looks like. Just one. And it wasn't much.

Hell
Jun 9, 2011, 12:00 AM
LOL at saying I'm ignorant. I'm always right. I specifically love the, "It's only a beta" people. Extravagant denial that leads all the way up to the end of production before they suddenly vanish when they realize it sucks and they can't live their sugar coated lifestyle with a straight face and move onto another franchise only to return again when a new game is announced. I love those failures. From the trailer there is absolutely nothing new. In fact, it has the same PSU structural garbage that failed in the past.

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2011, 12:03 AM
I'm always right.

^Stopped reading here.

Obvious troll account is obvious.

NoiseHERO
Jun 9, 2011, 12:03 AM
How 2 make E-Z troll thread.

NB4 people actually realize all the phantasy star games suck in general anyway.

Reksanden
Jun 9, 2011, 12:04 AM
Ok, Mister Negative. If you expect something to be that bad, it usually is... for you. Don't go spoiling the fun for people who like the game, and want to play it.

Tetsaru
Jun 9, 2011, 12:04 AM
The HUD and other graphics look bland and boring like PSU. The weapons so far look pretty run of the mill. It doesn't have that unique and colorful exotic style that PSO has on any of its content. It looks like a very generic free to play ORPG. Sad to say but it doesn't look very fun or innovative like PSO was. Looks like a cash cow with no purpose other than to milk a franchise that's out of ideas. Not trying to be an ass but I'm hugely disappointed with the lack of soul that I've seen in this game so far.

Umm... all we've seen of it so far was a pre-Alpha video, nothing else.

Have you seen the old E3 2004 video of PSU? It looked DRASTICALLY different than the end result.

Give it some time first; we can bitch about it when it's actually done, lol.

Tyreek
Jun 9, 2011, 12:05 AM
Well then, we know whats gonna become of this thread.

NoiseHERO
Jun 9, 2011, 12:06 AM
No seriously, you guys got all mad when we ganged up on r00ta, but now you're falling for a REAL troll attempt? o_o

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2011, 12:06 AM
You guys should stop feeding the fail-troll.

Hell
Jun 9, 2011, 12:11 AM
Umm... all we've seen of it so far was a pre-Alpha video, nothing else.

Have you seen the old E3 2004 video of PSU? It looked DRASTICALLY different than the end result.

Give it some time first; we can bitch about it when it's actually done, lol.

This is the kind of sugar coating I'm talking about. Implying PSU was a good game that changed for the better. Sir, are you deficient?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 9, 2011, 12:17 AM
You guys should stop feeding the fail-troll.Cut them some slack. It's hard to tell the troll threads on PSOW, when stuff like this is pretty much run of the mill for the average poster.

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2011, 12:20 AM
Cut them some slack. It's hard to tell the troll threads on PSOW, when stuff like this is pretty much run of the mill for the average poster.

In most cases, yes. But, this guy is just so obvious. I mean, damn.

Reksanden
Jun 9, 2011, 12:22 AM
I think the safest bet towards anything at this point is to "wait", and see where it goes towards its final build. I for one am reserving my judgement for when people get in on the Alpha and start showing what bells and whistles are currently in place. Right now all we got is one looksie at what the game looks like. Just one. And it wasn't much.

Like so, so that's what we should do. That's what i'm going to do, anyway.

Hell
Jun 9, 2011, 12:23 AM
I may be obvious but you know I'm right, lol.

Tyreek
Jun 9, 2011, 12:24 AM
In most cases, yes. But, this guy is just so obvious. I mean, damn.

Well, whether its troll or not, it really doesn't matter in the long run. Let him think the game is shit, and lets move on. Its not really gonna change a thing. And we know that.

Reksanden
Jun 9, 2011, 12:28 AM
"Right and Wrong" is a matter of opinion and morals. The Facts we have is a 4-5 minute video with little info released so far. It's... raw stupidity to cling to the idea that if you think a game is bad based from brand-new videos when the game is still in early development, and you think everyone else should think the same way you do.

Reksanden
Jun 9, 2011, 12:30 AM
Well, whether its troll or not, it really doesn't matter in the long run. Let him think the game is shit, and lets move on. Its not really gonna change a thing. And we know that.

Of course it won't, but I can't stand pointless stubborness and stupidity.

Tetsaru
Jun 9, 2011, 12:30 AM
This is the kind of sugar coating I'm talking about. Implying PSU was a good game that changed for the better. Sir, are you deficient?

I never said anything about PSU being better than anything... I was merely stating that the video I was talking about wasn't an entirely accurate depiction of what the actual game turned out to be (even though there was no actual gameplay footage), and that PSO2 will probably be the same way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchDkrStK30

^ Who the hell is the blue-haired chick with the horns, for example.

And I'd try to lay off the trolling attitude around here, especially for your first posts on this forum; bad things tend to happen when people start comparing PSO vs. PSU and what-not... just saying. :(

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2011, 12:33 AM
I may be obvious but you know I'm right, lol.

Damn, you're bad at this.

"Right and Wrong" is a matter of opinion and morals. The Facts we have is a 4-5 minute video with little info released so far. It's... raw stupidity to cling to the idea that if you think a game is bad based from brand-new videos when the game is still in early development, and you think everyone else should think the same way you do.

I never said anything about PSU being better than anything... I was merely stating that the video I was talking about wasn't an entirely accurate depiction of what the actual game turned out to be (even though there was no actual gameplay footage), and that PSO2 will probably be the same way:

Guys, seriously. You're doing exactly what was originally intended, and playing right into the crap.

Tyreek
Jun 9, 2011, 12:37 AM
Well, the orderly thing was done beforehand, so I'll stop at this point and see who else wants to fall for this.

Hell
Jun 9, 2011, 12:57 AM
The only people who "fall for" anything are the people who live on the message boards all year round. Of course they would be stupid to come here if they thought the game was shit so you can't admit it even if you wanted to. You're in it for the social interaction. I'm leaving in a little bit. I don't plan to talk about a game I don't like all year round like you guys do and I don't plan to chit chat on the rest of this forum.

moorebounce
Jun 9, 2011, 01:18 AM

Wow you really need to put that pipe down. The way PSO looks have been part of it's charm. After seeing that video and you aren't even pumped up about the game means you were never really a fan of the PSO series.

Myphys
Jun 9, 2011, 01:53 AM

^ Who the hell is the blue-haired chick with the horns, for example.

And I'd try to lay off the trolling attitude around here, especially for your first posts on this forum; bad things tend to happen when people start comparing PSO vs. PSU and what-not... just saying. :(

Ignoring the OP's comment, there's no way I can agree that this trailer is "drastically" different from the current PSU.
The CG cannot be compared to the gameplay - fullstop.
A proper comparison argument would be to compare the earliest gameplay footage vs now, but to my recollection the graphics were about the same.

Not sure why people are arguing "it's alpha/pre-alpha, it'll look better in the final version". Are people expecting Starcraft 1 alpha -> final?
The graphics are "good enough". There isn't some public outcry that it looks worst than PSU, such that Sega will be motivated to give it a complete overhaul.
If you're disappointed now, then yes, you will be disappointed in the final product.
I wouldn't bank on it that the graphics will improve to the point where I would say the changes are drastic.

Remember which company we're talking about, guys. It's Sega, not Blizzard.

Vashyron
Jun 9, 2011, 01:58 AM
Troll thread or not, my input. To today's standards the graphics that have been shown so far aren't that great at all. Though seriously I was expecting worse, so not really bothered about it that much.

Though on weapons, run of the mill? Ok. Lol. Compare the melee weapons shown in PSO2 trailer to the PSO Original trailer that had the most generic futuristic weapon, Lightsabers.

I got to say though, some people may be getting waaay too optimistic about the whole "Pre alpha" thing, sure some things might change, but I'd bet a chunk of it will stay the same.