PDA

View Full Version : FOmar Cosplay

Vintasticvin
Jun 10, 2011, 02:15 PM
HI PSO fans!

I have a problem.... I want to cosplay my Fomar so I ask a friend of mine to help me, but when she looked at the pic she said "hey, thats a skirt...." thet I (full of hope) cheched and REcheched the conseptual art, and... yeah, its a skirt....

I dont have probles using a "skirt" I'm MAN enough to use one whitout loosing any manhood (like some muscular guys using pink t-shirts and stuff) but... people defenetly will see it as... a SKIRT!!

so... I was thinking in making it like a raincoat or like wide pants, but then,m it wouldn be like the original design...

help please!

I was working on a fomar too and still in the crappy looking stage but I'm having fun crafting it myself :3 And for the nay sayers I say this to you all "Real men wear skirts and twirl magical batons!"

chibiLegolas
Jun 14, 2011, 03:02 PM
I've thought hard on this myself (when sculpting my FOmar figures) to try and see if it can be altered a bit to make more sense.

You'd think it's a robe. But yea, the concept art on half of them looks more like a skirt to me. (the ones with pleated white skirts in the center).

If you want to avoid the "skirt" look. Just remove the white under layer that makes it trully a skirt. Then keep the colored fabric and seperate it into 2 parts, left and right (cut from center front and center back). When not in motion, it'll have to hang like a robe. You just have an open window flap in the front. Now you can just wear black pants underneith. Or if you're going for a school boy look, shorts.
If you still insist on including the white flap in the center front, you can still add one underneith. Just make it shorter than the colored fabric that'll hang from the left and right.
This way, it's clearly not a closed peice of fabric (which is what makes it look like a skirt). Hopefully it'll look more fantasy asian esque, and definately, not a skirt.

For example: Check out Lu Xun's various outfits from Dynasty Warriors.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/kras0047/walkthrough_faq/images/luxundw3.jpg

NoiseHERO
Jun 15, 2011, 08:08 PM
Use a hakama.

http://www.e-budostore.com/images_hakama/hakama-m02-7743.jpg

i dunno about price. <_>