PDA

View Full Version : Buying PSP2i off the JP PSN

Crimson The FOmar
Jun 11, 2011, 11:59 AM
Right...
I did some searches, but I still need some help.

I was waiting till E3 to see if there was a US/EU release till I considered buying PSP2i, so now I've caved in but I need some aid in navigating the menus. I'm confident enough however in being able to play the actual game as I've experimented in the demo and my experience with previous games should help.

Anyone have a path to follow or know of any guides online I can use? and then theres how to make a JP PSN account and buying the yen card..

Would I be better off just ordering a physical copy?

レッドファンタシースター
Jun 11, 2011, 12:07 PM
I think buying the physical copy is easier. (IMO) But if you have fast internet go for the digital. People said that getting digital is less expensive. But if you activate your english PSN account you wont be able to play it because its activated on the japanese PSN account. Also there is a PSPo2i Pedia but you'll need to use a translator to read it if you don't understand those characters. Though when you translate it.... Its all like (Fugiyashi or Kuroninski) lolz...

Mike
Jun 11, 2011, 12:07 PM
You'll need an account to play online anyways but I don't know if they've reopened the part of the PSN that deals with making accounts yet. The store isn't up either so you'll have to wait if you want to buy a digital copy.

joshboyd1209
Jun 11, 2011, 12:50 PM
You'll need an account to play online anyways but I don't know if they've reopened the part of the PSN that deals with making accounts yet. The store isn't up either so you'll have to wait if you want to buy a digital copy.
I'm pretty certain you can just use a regular old US account unless you want to buy it off the PSN store, because I've used my JP account to play PSP2 online.

レッドファンタシースター
Jun 11, 2011, 12:59 PM
no you need a jp psn account even if you got physical. Also on US PSPo2 people with cfw could go on without a code half the time...

DeviFoxx
Jun 11, 2011, 01:17 PM
Anyone have a path to follow or know of any guides online I can use?

Since Sega of America has pretty much confirmed that Infinity has basically a "Snowball's Chance" of coming to the West, and coupled with the fact that since my finals are over and I'm temporarily on break from college, I was going to write a...

Basic Japanese-to-English Translation Guide: How to play and what to know about Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity for Dummies

In the form of a Microsoft Word document with pictures and translations of everything about Infinity that Non-Japanese Gamers need to know. I figured I needed a "follow-up" guide to Infinity since writing the one for PSPo2 Japanese on GameFAQs.

If enough people want this guide after I write it, I could release it to the PSO-World Community so that way people can enjoy it.

That is, if people want it.

D-Gold
Jun 11, 2011, 01:35 PM
Since Sega of America has pretty much confirmed that Infinity has basically a "Snowball's Chance" of coming to the West, and coupled with the fact that since my finals are over and I'm temporarily on break from college, I was going to write a...

Basic Japanese-to-English Translation Guide: How to play and what to know about Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity for Dummies

In the form of a Microsoft Word document with pictures and translations of everything about Infinity that Non-Japanese Gamers need to know. I figured I needed a "follow-up" guide to Infinity since writing the one for PSPo2 Japanese on GameFAQs.

If enough people want this guide after I write it, I could release it to the PSO-World Community so that way people can enjoy it.

I want it. I may need it to figure out something in the game.

Temprus
Jun 11, 2011, 01:59 PM

Oh I so want this. I so do... I'd buy new ink for my printer just for this. ^^

Crimson The FOmar
Jun 11, 2011, 03:29 PM
Wow, that would be a massive help O.o and Mike, how does using the JP account to play online work? What I mean is do I need to sign in somehow everytime I want to play it since everything else on my psp will be registered to my EU account? Also, by path, I meant as well how to actually navigate round the japanese store! And how do I go about making a japanese account in the first place?! Haha

D-Gold
Jun 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
Wow, that would be a massive help O.o and Mike, how does using the JP account to play online work? What I mean is do I need to sign in somehow everytime I want to play it since everything else on my psp will be registered to my EU account? Also, by path, I meant as well how to actually navigate round the japanese store! And how do I go about making a japanese account in the first place?! Haha

I can answer part of your question.

well if you digital download the game it will be linked to the account you brought it from(which is why I ordered a physical copy)

So if your psp is linked to your eu account you can play the games on your eu psn account but can't play infinity on your psp since it is on your jp psn account. Linking your psp to the different account is simple ,but lets say if psn is down and your psp is linked to your EU account you can't play phantasy star portable infinity at all until the account management part of the store is back up.

you can use google to find a good tutorial for making a jp psn account by typing in "making a jp psn account" in the search engine.

DeviFoxx
Jun 11, 2011, 03:49 PM

There are both tutorials and youtube videos on how to make Japanese accounts. Just google "How to make a Japanese PSN account" and there you go. Since I don't have a Japanese residential address, myself and many others just use addresses of Japanese companies, like Sony's Corporate Building.

And yes, you'd need to have your PSP logged in as your Japanese account (because that's where your serial number is), not your EU account.

joshboyd1209
Jun 11, 2011, 03:58 PM
myself and many others just use addresses of Japanese companies, like Sony's Corporate Building.

Really? I just used some sort of bogus cross address that gives them my mailing address and a bogus residential address or something like that.

chaoelite
Jun 11, 2011, 04:07 PM
i just entered random characters so idk if was valid address or not but it took it.

IsaacGravity
Jun 11, 2011, 04:58 PM

That would be greatly appreciated. Not really strong at Kanji so a dummies guide to things like Infinity Mission creation and so would help loads.

Crimson The FOmar
Jun 11, 2011, 05:06 PM
I can answer part of your question.

well if you digital download the game it will be linked to the account you brought it from(which is why I ordered a physical copy)

So if your psp is linked to your eu accountt can't play infinity on your psp since it is on your jp psn account. Linking your psp to the different account is simple ,but lets say if psn is down and your psp is linked to your EU account you can't play phantasy star portable infinity at all until the account management part of the store is back up.

This is exactly what I wondered! I'll probably get the physical version then, then I can at least play it offline using my EU account I think... I bought the digital version of PSP2, but the physical versions come with a slip with the little wing pass code don't they? Then I just need to work out how to enter that on the JP store! :p

Ami
Jun 11, 2011, 05:35 PM
If you get the physical version you'll need to look on the inside sleeve of your case to find the code. Once the store/the function to put the code in is back online there should be a spot in which you can do it. It think it'll be an icon with a pencil and numbers. But you gotta get your JPN account to enter it in.

Anyway, it really is no difference in getting the physical and digital. If the store was online the digital you could get instantly providing you have 4500yen to get it. But by the time the physical copy ships at your house with the current state of things, that makes that point blah. And I'm not too sure how much JPN PSN cards are going for right now, so you might just be paying the same amount between a UMD and the digital anyway.

But seeing as you want to play it even if you can't play online atm, physical is your best bet. Physical it doesn't matter what account you're on when you play offline. It only makes a difference if you have DLC weps and clothing on. Those will become unusable until you activate them on your jpn account. Digital, you must always be on your jpn account and have games activated on it to play offline.

Also, that guide would be appreciated by many Foxx.

D-Gold
Jun 11, 2011, 06:50 PM
well on play asia a 5000 yen card is going for about 70.00 US currency. you can buy one or two dlc from the store with the 500 yen left over

Ami
Jun 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
And if you import and have with next day shipping you'll be paying a little more. So really not a huge price difference.

Zarode
Jun 11, 2011, 09:47 PM
Either way, the online code to play on the Online Multiplayer won't be redeemable until the Japenese PSN Storefront comes back completely. The PSN Store copy comes with the code automatically.

D-Gold
Jun 11, 2011, 09:52 PM
Either way, the online code to play on the Online Multiplayer won't be redeemable until the Japenese PSN Storefront comes back completely. The PSN Store copy comes with the code automatically.

on the english store you could redeem things like dlc from account management(on the pc using a playstation website). I have done this with a dlc code I had for a game when the psn store was down.

If the jp psn works the same it may be possible to redeem the online code before the store is completely up

blace
Jun 12, 2011, 03:42 AM
on the english store you could redeem things like dlc from account management(on the pc using a playstation website). I have done this with a dlc code I had for a game when the psn store was down.

If the jp psn works the same it may be possible to redeem the online code before the store is completely up
A pop up shows up saying something along the lines of maintenance. So it's a no go for MediaGo.

Crimson The FOmar
Jun 12, 2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks for all your help guys :)

Although Play-asia says "this item is not available in your territory" (http://www.play-asia.com/Phantasy_Star_Portable_2_Infinity/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-70-3ydl.html) for the physical version, I can still get a yen card ^^

Unless anyone else knows of another site I can order from?

(Goddam, I want that plushie Rapico so bad Xp)

Ami
Jun 12, 2011, 07:56 AM

That part is still down atm. You can only change your account details and do game activation atm

Hmm you probably want to try AmiAmi Crimson. A friend of mines got his copy from there.

Crimson The FOmar
Jun 18, 2011, 01:38 PM
Sorry to revive this, but I was wondering.... is the premium version worth it?

I could either get the normal version here. (http://www.yesasia.com/global/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-normal-edition-japan-version/1023552712-0-0-0-en/info.html)

or get the premium version here. (http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-PSP-1807&template=default/product/e_display.html) (thanks Ami!)

D-Gold
Jun 18, 2011, 03:45 PM
Sorry to revive this, but I was wondering.... is the premium version worth it?

I could either get the normal version here. (http://www.yesasia.com/global/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-normal-edition-japan-version/1023552712-0-0-0-en/info.html)

or get the premium version here. (http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-PSP-1807&template=default/product/e_display.html) (thanks Ami!)

well I say no ,but that's just my opinion

If you get the premium boxset you can't redeem the theme yet because jp psn is down.

blace
Jun 19, 2011, 10:31 AM
It also comes with a smelly old piece of leather that you're supposed to shove your PSP and a PSP game into. It's a collectible item, and that's pretty much it.

Don't use the leather casing though, it smells terrible.

GeoSword
Jun 19, 2011, 01:15 PM
It also comes with a smelly old piece of leather that you're supposed to shove your PSP and a PSP game into. It's a collectible item, and that's pretty much it.

Don't use the leather casing though, it smells terrible.

That's why I got the Happy Rappy Set instead.