PDA

View Full Version : Little enjoyments.

pixelate
Mar 15, 2003, 04:20 PM
Know about all those little things that people talk which count? No one ever really explains 'em, though. Here are a couple I figured out from today.

I woke up, walked out of my room, see my dog sleeping, then she starts snoring.

When making lunch, I got out a jar of peanut butter. The jar was brand new. I was the first to mess up that nice, smooth top of the peanut butter.

-BK-
Mar 15, 2003, 04:27 PM
Being without your favorite food or drink longer than you would like, then finally getting to enjoy it agian.

Looking into the eyes of someone you know loves you.

Coming home at the end of a tough day to some of the warmest greetings you'll ever know.

Davion
Mar 15, 2003, 04:27 PM
My little kitty sleeping in her favorite spot in her little bed under my window.

Sleeping in late.

Finishing school on a Friday.

Those kind of things.

Rotis
Mar 15, 2003, 06:17 PM
On 2003-03-15 13:20, pixelate wrote:
When making lunch, I got out a jar of peanut butter. The jar was brand new. I was the first to mess up that nice, smooth top of the peanut butter.

Oh man, I love that. There's nothing like opening up a fresh jar of peanut butter.

ABDUR101
Mar 15, 2003, 06:49 PM
Listening to a song with no background noise interferring with your listening.

Seeing a list of friends online and knowing that they are there.

Ordering anime, setting down and carefully opening it up, to the extent of being anal about doing it carefully.

The view from your window, glancing out through the blinds, which causes you to open the blind and possibly the window. It's the same view I've had all of my life, but it feels soooo damn good to open the window and look out every so often.(And the noises outside add to the atmosphere)

The vibrations of a great song rumbling from the subwoofer and through your rib cage as you close your eyes for it's entirety.

Abaddon
Mar 15, 2003, 07:50 PM
The '1 Message received' warning you get on a mobile, along with the little envelope icon.

The sip of a cool refreshing soft drink after a long day

Looking at my shelf to shelf collection of dvd's

When my dog stretches and makes a really noisy yawn

A hug

The way music can make your skin tingle

Gestiv
Mar 15, 2003, 08:53 PM
Abbaddon knows what he's talkin' about... I love it when I'm listening to my cds and the music really kicks in, it must be one of the best feelings in the world... I like the feeling I get when I have a PM whenever I get on here... When you work hard to get a rare and you finally get it (not too many of those for me...)... When I feel I can relate to a musician's lyrics in a song... sleepin' late... the last few minutes of school before vacation begins... getting all of my homework done in school... snuggling with my two doggies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ... I could go on and on... but for the sake of the readers I'll end here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kay
Mar 15, 2003, 09:09 PM
Yep. Gotta love music with a good build, then kicks perfectly. Also nice to log on and see lotsa people you like to talk to online. Great to go out to a coffee place or bar with a gaggle of friends and chat away. Gorge myself on my favorite food...well good food...food. Hm, I'm hungry. Oh yeah, and mow down hapless opponents in a first person shooter. Laugh hysterically at something silly. List goes on...

Auracom
Mar 15, 2003, 10:43 PM
Putting your head down on a soft pillow and falling asleep almost instantly.

Waking up in the morning and the curtains are pulled open, the light fills the room as snow falls.

Singing your favourite song and getting all the words right.

Birthday comes to an end as you fall asleep. Remembering all the faces of your family and friends.

Thunderstorms with tons of lightning.

Road trips where nothing goes wrong. Just good ole chillen and relaxen with buddies.

Air conditioning in a movie theatre, during the summer.

-BK-
Mar 15, 2003, 10:48 PM
Sitting on top of a mountain and seeing the stars.

Star-gazing with someone you like/care about, and watching for shooting stars.

Telling the difference between shooting stars and satellites.

Ian D
Mar 15, 2003, 11:03 PM
Going to bed curled up with my dog.

Sitting on my deck watching it rain out.

Being outside on a warm summer night.

Damn, just thinking about this stuff...

pixelate
Mar 16, 2003, 12:30 AM
Playing PSO while stretched out on the bed with the window open and it's raining outside, then when it gets too cold, I hide my feet under the comforter. (It never rains in Southern California, so I love cold, rainy days.)

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 16, 2003, 12:51 AM
Watching skateboarders fall while driving to the store

Having hot shower water after 3 people take a shower before yu in the morning

Waking up with my long hair down the back of my neck, and all in my face http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Best of all, just waking up on the right side of the bed

IceBlink
Mar 16, 2003, 01:45 AM
Watching the cat imitate your every movement, from rolling onto your back, yawning, and having staring competitions with it. ^_^

Abaddon
Mar 16, 2003, 02:16 AM
I love it when it rains on a friday night.

..I also enjoyed the visits that my brother made to our house. every week he'd come visit us, and the dog was always so happy to see him...

i'm sorry.

ginko990
Mar 16, 2003, 02:30 AM
My dog does this thing where he runs downstairs really fast, looks left then right sneezes and runs back upstairs really quick.

I lub him.

Ness
Mar 16, 2003, 09:17 AM
Being on a machine that make s soothing noise.

alphafilter01
Mar 16, 2003, 09:33 AM
waking up to see that you have a PM on psow http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

waking up early before anyone else to start your day

playing pso with new people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

getting your paycheck after a long hard 2 weeks

relaxing in my room staring at the ceiling with nothing but my lava lamp and some nice music, relaxes my spirit within...

lvling up everytime on pso http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BlackRose
Mar 16, 2003, 11:04 PM
I like it when it rains on a moonlit night, but the clouds haven't quite gotten to where the moon is so it's still shining clearly... though that isn't really a "little" thing...

I like goosebumps, whatever the reason was for getting them.

...and I can't think of anything else...

CajunSamurai
Mar 17, 2003, 12:55 AM
The gentle sound of rain on the roof...

The sweet buildups and breakdowns of a good trance track, the slow buildup to a heavy amen breakbeat in a drum'n'bass track...

Running through Challenge mode on PSO with a group of good friends, knowing that we're all on fire and making great time...

Waking up from a pleasant, inspirational dream, feeling invigorated...

Joining a good conversation with a group of interesting people on PSO...

Actually getting a LEGITIMATE email instead of spam, ads and JUNK.

Making a pizza from scratch, and then devouring the entire thing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Vantamiath
Mar 17, 2003, 01:13 AM
Listening to rebellious music in the shower right before school.

When you wake up late on the weekends, thinking you're late for school or work, and then realize you can finally sleep in.

Sitting on the couch after school with refreshments and watching back-to-back Simpsons episodes.

When a new "jug" of Hot Cocoa mix finally arrives.

Sitting in the bottom of the shower; thinking of nothing in particular, just listening to the running water.

When my Electronic Gaming Monthly arrives.

When my brother makes it home on weekends to visit. (Even though all he does is drum)

When my mom scratches my back. ooohhhhhhh

Gestiv
Mar 17, 2003, 12:47 PM
Oooooo...... back scratches... I love back scratches... I'm like a dog, really. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deathscythealpha
Mar 17, 2003, 05:23 PM
*Music that fits your mood perfectly

*waking up on a sunny summer morning

*Playing some of my old Mega Drive games and kicking some ass at them

*Sunny days at a beach

*When my dog tries to be a puppy again and sits ontop of me

*Getting good replies on my fan fics

*waiting for a game to come out, going to the shops earl in the morning then playing it all day

*Remembering good stuff

ABDUR101
Mar 17, 2003, 07:25 PM
Thunder and lightning at anytime of the day.

The cool breeze on a hot day.

Perfectly opening an envelope.

Signing your paycheck.

BlackRose
Mar 17, 2003, 10:40 PM
I like it when my dog starts to itch her ear, and then starts moaning... O_O

Also, whenever a person scratches her ear, she starts reflexively scratching the back of the person's hand XD

Celes152
Mar 18, 2003, 12:26 AM
My Pop-up blocker blocking the li'l window that says I have a PM, and I get giddy and goto my inbox. ^o^