PDA

View Full Version : Little PSO cheat I found...

Xion810
Mar 15, 2003, 05:21 PM
This trick exploits a rule I found in PSO. If a monster is coming at you, and you go through a door, the monster will reset to it's origional place, and will NOT attack you. So you do this: Stand on the threshhold (sp?) of the doorway, so you can shoot and target them. They however think you are not in the room and therefore don't know you're there. And if you screw up and have maybe a couple dimenians on your tail in VHard, you can just hitail it to the nearest open door and get them reset. ALL DAMAGE STAYS, so you can keep working on them untill they die.

Has this been posted already?

CrazyJ
Mar 15, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-03-15 14:21, Xion810 wrote:
This trick exploits a rule I found in PSO. If a monster is coming at you, and you go through a door, the monster will reset to it's origional place, and will NOT attack you. So you do this: Stand on the threshhold (sp?) of the doorway, so you can shoot and target them. They however think you are not in the room and therefore don't know you're there. And if you screw up and have maybe a couple dimenians on your tail in VHard, you can just hitail it to the nearest open door and get them reset. ALL DAMAGE STAYS, so you can keep working on them untill they die.

Has this been posted already?

yep, back on the original PSO on Dreamcast, lol. Thanks for trying to help though.

Yoda86
Mar 15, 2003, 08:26 PM
Ah, yes.

But sometimes I will stand near the doorway and not be able to shoot them but they can hit me.....

It's a consipiricy against all hunters

Axispoint
Mar 16, 2003, 12:50 AM
I was trying to read something online when I was near the entrance to a door in Ruins (I wasn't in a room). All of a sudden I hear something, look over, and there is a Choas Bringer trying to kill me! So I had to quickly get my controller and take my character away from the door, lol. That sucked that he had that much reach to still nail me when I wasn't in the room...what a cheapo, lol.

Also, unless they fixed it, Sinows in the Mines used to be able to get out in the hallways to kill you o_0.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axispoint on 2003-03-15 21:51 ]</font>

Wewt
Mar 16, 2003, 01:15 AM
Also, unless they fixed it, Sinows in the Mines used to be able to get out in the hallways to kill you o_0.

So could a Garanz, with its missiles.

Piro-Skies
Mar 16, 2003, 05:22 AM
I only use that technique if I'm outta TP or low on HP.

-Piro Skies

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 17, 2003, 02:54 AM
Here's one even better. Stand close enough to a doorway to open it so you can see into the next room and cast Gifoie when the monsters spawn. Gifoie goes through any wall in the game so it will also travel between rooms. Also every now and then I notice that zonde seems to be able to target monsters in a different room than you.

RubyEclipse
Mar 19, 2003, 01:53 PM
Haha, thanks for bringing up the sinow part. Back on DC that little bug worked, and god it was hilarious and horrid at the same time.

If you get the sinow to begin to jump at you and then run out of the room, some sinows would slide alllll the way into the hall. When they do this, they leave their normal room and you CANNOT target them unless they go back to the room. However trust me, all the ones that followed me had no intention of going back.

It was rather funny, I called them 'supersinows' because they could just beat the snot out of you and all you can do is run. Good times...

CrazyJ
Mar 20, 2003, 12:40 PM
what was even funnier (or scarier?) was when Sinows would jump across one of those divided rooms. SMACK!

Me: "WTF WAS THAT?!"

lol, memories...

RubyEclipse
Mar 20, 2003, 06:35 PM
They still do that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif