PDA

View Full Version : Screen flickering

SStrikerR
Jun 24, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hey, so my computer has been running fine lately, but my screen's started to flicker. I turned it off before I went to work today, came back a few hours later, and now the screen's flickering. It flashes every 4 seconds or so, any ideas why?

Weird. It stopped for a few minutes, started again, and now stopped. Either way, I'm updating my nvidia drivers now. The one I have installed is 179.xx, the latest is 275.33. So I'm thinking it's a bit outdated.

boomadatigger
Jun 24, 2011, 09:35 PM
Did you check the cord?

SStrikerR
Jun 24, 2011, 10:36 PM
What cord?

It started happening again so...yeah, I dunno. Maybe I'm playing games too much?
edit: After viewing my computer's event log, I've decided that my computer is just fucked. I'm gonna need some help figuring this stuff out. Through Performance Information and tools, I found out I have two drivers installed that are causing Windows to resume slowly. Not the biggest problem in the world, but I'm wondeirng if I should remove them or not? One is apparently a nvidia driver I got when I updated my drivers earlier, while the other is a Ricoh xD - picture card controller driver. I don't even know what that's for. (Also as I was typing this I realized the flickering stopped)
edit2: Spoke too soon.

boomadatigger
Jun 24, 2011, 11:00 PM
Any cord that hooks the monitor to the computer and a power outlet.

boomadatigger
Jun 24, 2011, 11:17 PM
What cord?

It started happening again so...yeah, I dunno. Maybe I'm playing games too much?
edit: After viewing my computer's event log, I've decided that my computer is just fucked. I'm gonna need some help figuring this stuff out. Through Performance Information and tools, I found out I have two drivers installed that are causing Windows to resume slowly. Not the biggest problem in the world, but I'm wondeirng if I should remove them or not? One is apparently a nvidia driver I got when I updated my drivers earlier, while the other is a Ricoh xD - picture card controller driver. I don't even know what that's for. (Also as I was typing this I realized the flickering stopped)
edit2: Spoke too soon.

Well if you updated the drivers then rolling them back might solve the problem.

SStrikerR
Jun 24, 2011, 11:29 PM
It started before I updated them. It's continued after, so I'm guessing it's not them.
I just realized it's occuring while I have firefox open, but not IE. So maybe Firefox is fucked up or something. Ever since it's latest update it's stopped responding more than usual, and crashed a few times.

Shinji Kazuya
Jun 24, 2011, 11:52 PM
I'd say format it. I just did that to mine this wednesday since the last time was months ago and it was starting to disobey me too. Everything running up fine now and I do stuff when I want to, not when "he" wants to.

SStrikerR
Jun 25, 2011, 10:03 AM
Well now the flcikering is happening more frequently and I'm just getting annoyed with it. So I guess I'll try to format it.

Shinji Kazuya
Jun 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
Unless it's not software related. If it's hardware then it's a whole new problem.

SStrikerR
Jun 27, 2011, 04:19 PM
I feel like it might have just been because of my laptop overheating on bad surfaces. So I'm avoiding using it in those places, so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping I can get this computer to last for another 6-12 months.