PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Any english patch coming?

Ghostcat
Jun 25, 2011, 10:27 PM
With the probability of Infinity coming to the english speaking world decreasing, I was wondering: Is anyone out there working on a patch?

The only issue is that I don't know which team would be doing it.

The online code neatly sidesteps the whole piracy argument, since anyone would want to buy the game just for access to the infrastructure mode.

I do know the massive amount of work a patch involves, as I've been a tester for a number of them.

I'm well aware of the translation guide, and I'll probably end up using it, sadly.

I like to read the story, ya know?

In any event, anyone feel like doing some Portable 2 online? My Hunter just hit level 71.

NoiseHERO
Jun 25, 2011, 10:38 PM
NOpe.

ashley50
Jun 25, 2011, 10:44 PM
Don't know/heard of any.

Temprus
Jun 25, 2011, 11:22 PM
Ask Josh Boydd. Hey, and maybe he can get SenpaiX to help with the hard translations! :wacko:

syrinx
Jun 25, 2011, 11:29 PM
In any event, anyone feel like doing some Portable 2 online? My Hunter just hit level 71.

Hey Ghostcat - I am often online - look out for syrinx!

I am level 91 right now.

Ghostcat
Jun 26, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'm friends with the team that did MHP2ndG and MHP3, maybe they'd help if I asked nicely?

Hmm.

I'll look for you amid the randoms, Syrinx :D

blace
Jun 26, 2011, 03:09 AM
The only time I've seen translations work is when it's running on CFW. Never actually seen anything like it on anything that runs on OFW.

I could be wrong, but I just wouldn't put my hopes up that high.

Ghostcat
Jun 26, 2011, 11:37 AM
I'm aware of that. The only time I've seen it work on OFW is that one partial patch that abused the install feature.