PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU In regard of PSPo2 skills, which ones would you choose?

Darki
Jun 28, 2011, 02:16 AM
Hello!

Well, as some people probably knows, I'm a Wartecher fanatic, and although I'm pretty happy with the new Photon Arts that they're adding from PSPo2, I'm rather puzzled with the idea of having to get myself to choose between old ones that I've been using and the nwe ones.

As WT that likes to use TECHs, my PA list is really stressed. I have six permanent support TECHs (Dizas, Rentis - BTW, can someone explain me accurately the effect of those two? I know they lower phisical and TECH damage, but I don't know exactly in what way- Megistar, Giresta, Resta & Reverser), 8 bullets (6 elemental for Card, 2 neutral for Bow), and 8 skills (3 for twin claws (not using Chuei Jitotsujin), 3 for Axe and the 2 whip ones).

The remaining room is for striking TECHs, that I switch depending on the elements I'll use of the missions, usuually I carry 4 for each element that I'm going to use, and a couple others to fill in the last spots. I will pick if possible all the new TECHs that will come in the next release, because my plan has always been to have 4 offensive TEChs of each element (and with the new 3 light ones plus Regrants, that's a nice way to round the number).

The problem comes with the skills. I would like to keep the number to 8, if possible, or maybe even to lower the number to 6. There will be one new PA for each, and if possible I would like to see which one of the old skills could be substituted for the new.

For example, in case of the Axe I would keep Jabroga, but one of the other two would have to go to make room for the new one, same with the other weapons. In case of Whips I don't really care because both PAs are very similar, but for claws and Axe, what would you do?

TheAstarion
Jun 28, 2011, 06:44 AM
For a Tech-happy WT... I'd sill only use two of each offensive tech to fill a wand, tech mag, whatever. We don't have rods, so having 4 doesn't round that out. I personally put Megid and Resta on most of my tech-mags for easy access.

Gi-techs are a point of pride for WT, with the limit breaks they become large mob slayers, but we have whips for that. Lv4 status at 31 is nice though.

You know which techs you like, though, so I won't go too far further into that. I'd be using all the light techs too, if I had the PAFs.

As for the striking weapons, I'd ditch Bukuu for claw, Grudda for whip, and honestly I'd only really use Anga Grudda on the axe; in PSP2 it was an all-purpose wonder PA that outshone Jabroga in almost every situation. May have had something to do with chains though. Might be worth using Blade Destruction with some Dilnazen blades too.

Hero-Break
Jun 28, 2011, 02:55 PM
Male Newman WT here. Here’s my play style philosophy with WTs.

I too know what it’s like to feel the limitations of the PA cap. In a way though, I feel that this has made me a overall better player because it has made look at what kind style I like to play as a WT and stream line my PA’s to the ones I use most effectively. Imo this lets me fight at all ranges effectively because it covers the all situations where each type of PA are most useful without them overlapping each other’s functions. I one comes along that’s better than the before I simply replace it. For instance I replaced Majarra with Assault Crush since it is now much better for small groups.

For skills I only use 5 across 4 weapons. For knuckles I use Robado for single targets and Zuppa for large enemies with 3 target areas), For twin sabers I use Assault Crush for small groups, single daggers I use Hikai for utility which goes well with cards and for whips I use Danga for large groups) . This way I can be good against, a lot of situations with a small amount of Photon Arts. This setup is also nice because I can reach higher PA caps when using GAS.
For bullets, I pretty much only use all six elements for cards since you can hit most bosses with practice with cards. For ones that I can’t I just use Chousei since it provides around 80% of the damage that bow elemental bullets with a high hit rate.

Even as a Newman, I use only the simple, Gi, and Ra versions of each of the main element techs, (For dark and now light I am only keeping the simple and Ra versions). This lets me fight at long range against single targets and groups, and close range with Gi techs.

A good example of how I streamline my PA’s is my reasoning as to why I don’t use Megiverse, or Damgrants. With limit break 31+ gi foie, I am pretty much doing the same damage as either of those techs against their respective weak elements thanks to quicker casting and lv 4 burn. This coupled with WTs high EVP mod means a lot of JC’s which Gi techs can take advantage of much better than hold techs and I can hit multiple hit boxes on large enemies if they happen to be mixed with smaller ones.

For the new light techs, I am planning on getting at least Grants since it will help my ranged output against groups significantly against Dark enemies. Other than that I will have to wait and see what “Nugrants” (sp?) will be like before I decide to get it since, Light Cards/Foie provides high single target ranged damage already.

Just my two cents on a WT play style. I guess I wrote more than I was expecting so I’m sorry for the long post, lol.

Darki
Jun 28, 2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the advice!

@Astarion: I don't really care about having 4 techs for each element since you rarely use all of them in a single mission, specially being a WT that can use melee. About the main topic I wanted to ask...

I was thinking about ditching bukuu too, but it's sad because it's actually the PA that I like the most, although I understand that I barely use it... In case you were to choose only one of the four PAs that are now, (in order to keep only 2), which one would you keep? I'm not really sure between renzan-seidan-ga or the other one, as I find myself using both very often.

For axe, I do use all PAs very often, but of course I gotta try the new one first and see how it works. I love Anga Dugrega, but Redda is a very cool PA against single target... Jabroga, I never liked it but is really useful, so I don't know. Finally, about whips, are you sure you'd ditch Visshi Grudda? I know Vivi Danga is stronger, but I find myself using Grudda more often because I get interrupted mid-combo too much for my tastes in Danga's second combo. Grudda hits more times, too, so it's be better for SEs too. I pair my whip with a Shadoog (a GC'd lightning Sonichi that shoots 3-way bullets with Zoldeel and knockdown effect), and I was thinking that I could use a Peace Breakers to lower DEF too.

@Hero-break:

It's funny because I play with a beast but I like to focus on techs, even not doing much damage they're very comfortable. Sometimes it's just too easy to stay there and spam Nosdiga to kill a mob of robots instead of chasing them all with an Axe. Also, as I said before, you barely use all elements in a mission, so I don't mind switching PAs sometimes.

madarauchiha 43
Jun 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
well to tell u the truth most of those pa moves are maybe all are from Phantasy star portable 2 i know this cause i have some of them they might be in pso2 but i am preaty sure they are from PSP2

Nereid
Jun 30, 2011, 12:20 AM
They could all be terrible for all we know, so I'm not sure what I'll use until they're out.

pikachief
Jun 30, 2011, 12:55 AM
well to tell u the truth most of those pa moves are maybe all are from Phantasy star portable 2 i know this cause i have some of them they might be in pso2 but i am preaty sure they are from PSP2

PSPo2 is PSP2. Idk y they put and o... i haven't figured that one out yet. So yea all of these are from PSP2, we don't know about any PAs from PSO2 yet :)

XbikXBd
Jun 30, 2011, 12:57 AM
PSPo2 is PSP2. Idk y they put and o... i haven't figured that one out yet. So yea all of these are from PSP2, we don't know about any PAs from PSO2 yet :)

psp2=wrong
pspo2=right(Phantasy star portable online 2)

Nereid
Jun 30, 2011, 12:58 AM
Since when? The games official name in the US is Phantasy Star Portable 2...?

pikachief
Jun 30, 2011, 12:59 AM
psp2=wrong
pspo2=right(Phantasy star portable online 2)

ok i guess i kinda lied, i kinda figured thats what the o was for, but why is PSP2 wrong? D: I didn't know it was actually called Phantasy Star Portable Online D:

XbikXBd
Jun 30, 2011, 01:05 AM
ok i guess i kinda lied, i kinda figured thats what the o was for, but why is PSP2 wrong? D: I didn't know it was actually called Phantasy Star Portable Online D:

on jp pages it says both.....so ether one but on any DLC for it or Guides it says PSPo2

Darki
Jun 30, 2011, 01:47 AM
I'ts very simple. PSP is "Play Station Portable", I suppose they don't wanna use the same acronym specially when the game is in that same platform to avoid confusion, and probably the same for PSPo2, because that way it wouldn't be mistaken if there's a possible Play Station portable 2... (but that's not the matter of the topic <_<).