PDA

View Full Version : My PS3 just die. any way to fix it? Please help.

Xefi
Jun 29, 2011, 10:25 PM
Hi all,

i bought a new game call Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 today and started playing.
my system was doing fine when i last shut it down to eat dinner. then when i come
back and turn it on, it dies. the light turns green then yellow and then blinking red light.

i try reading some tips on the internet trying to fix it by turning off the system and holding
down the eject button then turn it on again. the ps3 still showing the same green yellow
and then blinking red light.

anyone gotten this problem before and have any tip on maybe how to fix it? my ps3
is the older 40 gigs model.

if anything i want my game disc to be out, do i have to break the ps3 to get it out now? this suck.
i know that the data can't be transferred unless this old ps3 is alive again.

do i have any other option beside buying a new PS3? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Xefi

FOkyasuta
Jun 29, 2011, 10:32 PM
Oh ive had this before. Its something with the Chip plate inside or something. Wait i'll say it like this to shorten it.

If you know what your doing and safely take it apart and blow dry one of the peaces, you'll be fine. But if one little thing is off, Ya might aswell throw it out and get a new one.

Sure you still got a warranty on it?

Xefi
Jun 29, 2011, 10:36 PM
Oh ive had this before. Its something with the Chip plate inside or something. Wait i'll say it like this to shorten it.

If you know what your doing and safely take it apart and blow dry one of the peaces, you'll be fine. But if one little thing is off, Ya might aswell throw it out and get a new one.

Sure you still got a warranty on it?

i dont want to send it to be fix since it takes awhile. you got a way to fix this? the
system has been around with me since launched day. it finally gives up in life. might
as well try it out. i'll throw away this ps3 if i fail.

EDIT: more importantly is that i can get the disc out. :S

Blue-Hawk
Jun 29, 2011, 10:41 PM
Looks like you are S.O.L. there. It's the power supply in it. Time to get a new one.

Xefi
Jun 29, 2011, 10:44 PM
Looks like you are S.O.L. there. It's the power supply in it. Time to get a new one.

you mean i have to replace the power supply in the system or just the cord? i'm still trying to figure how
to open this FAT ps3 up. hopefully, i dont break anything in the process.

FOkyasuta
Jun 29, 2011, 10:47 PM
you mean i have to replace the power supply in the system or just the cord? i'm still trying to figure how
to open this FAT ps3 up. hopefully, i dont break anything in the process.

There should be a Youtube vid on how. I remember there was.

Xefi
Jun 29, 2011, 10:50 PM
i'm checking this video out here on how to open the ps3.
but i dont have the correct screw for this. i'm so screw. boooooo.
dang it, i just want my game back. this ps3 is eating it. i'll break this
ps3 as a last resort to get the disc out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x041kRzwgw

FOkyasuta
Jun 29, 2011, 10:52 PM
Sending it in seems pretty good right now... But who knows, you might find it cheaper if you buy a new one off of someone. What they dun sell fat ones no more?

Xefi
Jun 29, 2011, 11:00 PM
@Blue-Hawk: oh, ok. i misread a little. i'm not sure on how to replace the new power supply though.

@Mr Robot: you know the price range for fixing this system by third party? not sending it
in Sony though. i might as well buy a new slim ps3 for now and hoping to be able to fix
the FAT ps3 just so that i can get some data off of it. :<

I blame Dynasty Warrior gundam 3 for this madness! *joking*

FOkyasuta
Jun 29, 2011, 11:03 PM
3-Rd party...

You'd have to check yourself. Dunno were you live and dunno wat kinda game stores you got there. And ever took out the Hard Drive? If you do you'll see what i mean.

Xefi
Jun 29, 2011, 11:13 PM
@Mr Robot: alright, i know there's a game store that does repair on game systems.
i dont know the usual price they charge for fixing though. i'll probably drop
off my ps3 to them tommorow for fixing and buy a new slim ps3.

yea, i change the hard drive once for a new one before. thanks to SONY awesome
update that brick my system and kill my old hard drive back then.

anyways, thanks for the help even though i wasnt able to get the game disc out.

EDIT: OH, it's only $350 for a new slim ps3. *checks my credit card.........* i guess i can deal with crappy lunch for a week. *joking*
no ps2 games support for new ps3 system...now most of my ps2 games going to be collecting dust. i might just give them for free to my cousins or random people now.

PS3 slim (http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3-320GB-System/dp/B003VUO6LU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1309407332&sr=8-5)

FOkyasuta
Jun 29, 2011, 11:22 PM
So let me get this straight.

Xefi:

Wastes 350$+

Still feels mad

Loses a game
&
a PS3.

Me:

Confused.

Xefi
Jun 29, 2011, 11:27 PM
i'm not mad. i just couldn't believe that my ps3 just die after
i have it for a long time now. notice i put a *joking* at the end. :burger:
maybe i'm just confuse myself of what i'm suppose to be doing when
my ps3 goes down.

i just want the old ps3 to be fix now so that i can get the data off of it to the
new one. i dont think i'll trust that my old system will continue to work great
after all this.

and buying a new system cost money...you know...MONEY. if you still confuse, that's ok.

EDIT: anyways, i got the help that i needed.

EDIT2: i manage to crack open the ps3 and got the game out! banzai! but i totally screw my ps3.
i guess it's going to the trash now. at least i got the game out. i pretty much lost all of my trophys
and data since i cant transfer the data into the new ps3 and i didnt back up anything.
have to start everything again from beginning. i'm not patient enough to wait for the store dood
to fix it. going to buy a new slim ps3 and move on. Thanks for the help and dont try what i did with
the ps3 unless you want to kill it completely. :D

Xefi
Jun 30, 2011, 01:16 AM
sorry for the double post, but one more question since this thread is not locked yet.

Does anyone knows if i can still transferred my old data and trophys from my old ps3
to the new one? my hard drive on the old ps3 is intact even though i just ruin my own
system by trying to get the disc out successfully.

so in short, hard drive is good but old system die. is it possible to still transfer data from
old system to new?

EDIT: if it's not possible, then that's ok, i'll start everything over again. any tips and tricks are appreciated.

Mantiskilla
Jun 30, 2011, 07:48 AM
sorry for the double post, but one more question since this thread is not locked yet.

Does anyone knows if i can still transferred my old data and trophys from my old ps3
to the new one? my hard drive on the old ps3 is intact even though i just ruin my own
system by trying to get the disc out successfully.

so in short, hard drive is good but old system die. is it possible to still transfer data from
old system to new?

EDIT: if it's not possible, then that's ok, i'll start everything over again. any tips and tricks are appreciated.

Hard drive is locked to one ps3 system so you can't just simply swap hard drives. Looks like you will have to start over with your data unless you can somehow get your system back on. Personally I would try HARD to get old system running again and here's why. Since you have the psn plus memebership still you could send all your save files to the online storage. Then after you get the new ps3 just transfer all your saves back onto new hard drive via online storage. That's the 1st thing I did after getting the psn plus membership is backed up all my saves to the online storage so i could upgrade my 60gb hard drive plus if anything ever happens at least I can get it back (of course i would have to pay for membership later on to do so)

Xefi
Jun 30, 2011, 09:24 AM
Hard drive is locked to one ps3 system so you can't just simply swap hard drives. Looks like you will have to start over with your data unless you can somehow get your system back on. Personally I would try HARD to get old system running again and here's why. Since you have the psn plus memebership still you could send all your save files to the online storage. Then after you get the new ps3 just transfer all your saves back onto new hard drive via online storage. That's the 1st thing I did after getting the psn plus membership is backed up all my saves to the online storage so i could upgrade my 60gb hard drive plus if anything ever happens at least I can get it back (of course i would have to pay for membership later on to do so)

alright. i guess next time i can get that PSN plus thing to get the back up setup. my ps3 dies
suddenly on me, so it sort of got me off guard.
RIP my old ps3; it been with me since launch date (and i dont remember when was that..lol).

it's going to suck starting everything over again. thanks everyone that help out.

*going to stop by Fry Electronics and pick up a new ps3 after work today* b-bai.

AlexCraig
Jun 30, 2011, 03:12 PM
Locked per OP request