PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU TORNADO DANCE NERFED AGAIN?

w@rtech nation
Jul 4, 2011, 12:34 PM
Is it true? I was about to get some double sabers when my friend said it got nerfed again and is the same as walking now. I liked tornado dance as an attack but if its the same as walking, i might as well be using bogga zubba. any way, confirm or deny.:-?

str898mustang
Jul 4, 2011, 01:01 PM
its only been nerfed once since PSU has been out. Your friend may have his FS set to 1. You need to change your frame skip to 0. Frame skip affects a lot of things in this game.

w@rtech nation
Jul 4, 2011, 01:04 PM
hmmmm, how do i tell if i have frame skip on 1?:-?

NightSun
Jul 5, 2011, 07:38 AM
It's simple,
Start PSUJP and in the launcher click options (Should be the 3rd one from the bottom that looks like this: オプション )
Where you select your graphics settings hit custom.
The box on the top with a number is your Frame Skip.
Use this picture for help:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6607/comparesm2.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

THLPSC
Jul 5, 2011, 08:06 PM
Your friend is a fool.

Vent
Jul 6, 2011, 07:26 AM
How does frame skip effect Tornado Dance's travel distance?

str898mustang
Jul 6, 2011, 09:38 AM
Frame Skip 1 makes you travel a shorter distance....test it yourself

It's the same with Jabroga and Majarra

milranduil
Jul 7, 2011, 01:14 AM
It's the same with all Skills in fact. For whatever stupid reason, PSU was designed such that they all depend what your FPS to determine how far they move in the environment.

w@rtech nation
Jul 7, 2011, 06:32 AM
frame skip 1 effect your timing of crits like assault crush?

Dragwind
Jul 7, 2011, 07:20 AM
Well, frame skip can also affect your timing of just attacks/counters, so in essence yes. It is true that frame skip affects your moving distance with PAs, and heavily affects Majarra, Jabroga, and Tornado Dance to name the important few.

w@rtech nation
Jul 7, 2011, 07:29 AM
i just changed to frame skip 0 and my timing is just like the 360 now. my biggest complain when i joined was timing my crits. now that its fixed i might have to quit the SoA verison of this game.

Vent
Jul 8, 2011, 05:58 AM
That's pretty bizarre. I never really changed between frame skip 1 or 2 much, even if I did, I doubt I would've noticed it.

Now it really makes me curious how PSU is coded...