PDA

View Full Version : GC Section ID help!

pikachief
Jul 5, 2011, 01:25 AM
My uncle gave me this game a few years ago and me and my cousin play it a little bit but stopped pretty quickly...

Now we're starting again and plan on getting far, but we have no idea how section ID's work :/

Can someone tell me what section ID is best for finding what types of items? Thanks! ^.^

Ketchup345
Jul 5, 2011, 08:16 AM
Redria- Armors, slicers, somewhat balanced but probably not for rangers.
Yellowboze- Everything about evenly.
Skyly- Swords. Generally the favored hunter's ID.
Bluefull- Partisans.
Pinkal- Wands.
Oran- Daggers.
Whitill- Slicers.
Greennill- Rifles.
Viridia- Shots.
Purplenum- Mechguns.

I believe every ID (minus possibly Yellowboze) does have a second item type they find in mass amounts, but not quite as much as the main.

pikachief
Jul 5, 2011, 11:01 AM
thanks :D also are there weapons that only certain section ID's find? Or does being that Section ID just make it easier to find them?

NightSun
Jul 5, 2011, 11:08 AM
Some ID's may have items only they can find, and some ID's do have better drop rates for items then others. I haven't played PSO:GC in a long time, so I don't remember off the back which ID has what. Although back then when I used to play I used the drop charts here: http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php . I don't really know how accurate they are, but they should give you a general idea.

NegaTsukasa
Jul 5, 2011, 01:02 PM
Some ID's may have items only they can find, and some ID's do have better drop rates for items then others. I haven't played PSO:GC in a long time, so I don't remember off the back which ID has what. Although back then when I used to play I used the drop charts here: http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php . I don't really know how accurate they are, but they should give you a general idea.

those drop charts you linked are still accurate. I still use them to find a few things from time to time. hasn't failed me yet.

pikachief
Jul 5, 2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for all your help! :D I really hope PSO2 doesn't have section IDs :) I want my character to have as much of a chance as any other character when it comes to drops. I don't want to have to figure out a specific name for my character just so that I can have one type of item drop more often :/

I wouldn't mind if items dropped based on your class, but if I'm a Force I don't want rifles dropping more because of the name I chose :P

Magus_84
Jul 20, 2011, 06:58 PM
You're going to want at least one Redria. It's the only ID that gets God/Battle. And God/Battle's great for everyone except casting-only Forces.