PDA

View Full Version : RAmarl & RAcast

Pages : 1 [2]

RemiusTA
Jul 11, 2011, 10:57 PM
BTW that game really didn't look all that amazing. The backgrounds looked to be in worse condition than PSO2.

darkepyonuk
Jul 12, 2011, 11:54 AM
the Cast looks BEAST! like somthing you'd find in Armored Core :D shame i wont get to play it, no more online gaming for a while for me :(

kiajinn
Jul 12, 2011, 12:03 PM
finding discs to LEARN new moves is fine, but you shouldn't have to find them AGAIN at higher levels just to make them stronger; that should be something you level up instead. If you want to FIND something to make yourself stronger, just get a new weapon.

How about a System where you find or buy the basic disk then.
Obtain PA Exp in some way, But you choose where to invest the points.

...In fact perhaps it could work a bit like Type Points in PSP2/2i.

yoshiblue
Jul 12, 2011, 12:11 PM
We should have a Final Fantasy II system. All problems would be solved. Or not...

RemiusTA
Jul 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
What's it matter if you need another CD key for an Alt or not?

Even if you bought the game originally, if you have to make an alt you still have to pay the monthly fee to get it online. Then you'd just be paying double the monthly fee.

They DO need to stop pirating the game itself, though.

Perfect Troll
Jul 12, 2011, 04:24 PM
Racast's hands are just too tiny...

Hrith
Jul 12, 2011, 04:28 PM
We should have a Final Fantasy II system. All problems would be solved. Or not...Final Fantasy XI?

yoshiblue
Jul 12, 2011, 04:35 PM
No jobs, just training your sword arm... or whatever. Basicly you get better with whatever your using over time. Like the much hated tec lv system in PSU only with weapons and sheild lvs as well.

RemiusTA
Jul 12, 2011, 04:50 PM
Lol, that's basically what the job system is. The whole point of the Job system though is that you were able to...you know, change it at will.

yoshiblue
Jul 12, 2011, 04:53 PM
Or have no jobs and be allowed to use EVERYTHING!!! trolololol.

Anyways, that works too. Never played FF XI so I had to do my research. Sorry about that Hrith.

Angelo
Jul 12, 2011, 05:32 PM
We should have a Final Fantasy II system. All problems would be solved. Or not...

This is how techs worked in PSU before PsPo2. To be honest I liked it much better than having to find a disk at certain levels for each one. It made characters feel very 'specialized'. The problem with it was that with the old PP system, people would just spam and get the PP refill item (forget the name of it right now...) and it made the game a lot less dynamic.

I'm curious to see how building the levels of your techs will work in PSO2, and if they'll find a good balance between the two.

That being said, I'm a fan of the FF2 style of skill progression in conept so long as there is ALSO a Character level involved. FF2 got way, way too messy with the monster ranks and magic being useless for the majority of the game.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 12, 2011, 10:10 PM
I prefer if the skill has it's own level. Like in Phantasy Star Universe ya would learn a skill and then the more ya used it, the more it would grown. I'm fine with the other systems as well of course but I always prefer if ya have freedom ta level ya skills the way ya want to.
I'm always up for new systems, that's why I enjoy a lot of different RPGs out there.

darkante
Jul 12, 2011, 11:09 PM
I like the idea of investing points for leveling techniques.
Feels more unique.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 12, 2011, 11:43 PM
I like the idea of investing points for leveling techniques.
Feels more unique.

That sounds great as well. Really like that one.

RemiusTA
Jul 13, 2011, 12:24 AM
Oh god, if they revert back to PSU's shitty PA EXP system i might not even choose force anymore.

That crap was as grindheavy as a Korean F2P MMORPG. Most of my playtime for my force was actually grinding my techniques, because they absolutely positively were IMPOSSIBLE to level by natural means, ever.

There was not a single force on PSU with a buff over (or even near) 21+ that didn't buff party it. You would probably be like level 110 by the time it leveled through natural use. And that's ignoring the other 30 levels to go.

Akaimizu
Jul 13, 2011, 12:53 AM
Buff parties and/or the more painful NPC and PM buff tactic. Gunners had the slightly less painful aspect of also having to do plenty of constant artificial leveling of bullets and the evil demands that for each gun-type, you had to do at least 6 of them. It wasn't just one of the most tiresome things I've had to do in any kind of game, I've actually broken single buttons of controllers doing it. The good ol' excessive use of a specific controller button, issue.

Just goes to show that all the high speed fighting games in the world, go easier on any one individual button than PSU guns did. It's also just part of the reason that *despite people choosing other classes in their quest to min/max their characters* the only gunner I can truly stick with in PSU, is a guntecher. Something that actually uses those other buttons more. Yet, since they still have a lot of gunplay, still fight with enough capacity to break that button.

Tetsaru
Jul 13, 2011, 07:24 AM
Oh god, if they revert back to PSU's shitty PA EXP system i might not even choose force anymore.

That crap was as grindheavy as a Korean F2P MMORPG. Most of my playtime for my force was actually grinding my techniques, because they absolutely positively were IMPOSSIBLE to level by natural means, ever.

There was not a single force on PSU with a buff over (or even near) 21+ that didn't buff party it. You would probably be like level 110 by the time it leveled through natural use. And that's ignoring the other 30 levels to go.

I think the main problems with PSU's PA leveling were:

1 - You had to level EACH move individually, instead of having a general area associated with each (for example, all sword PA's being influenced by a single "proficiency" stat that gets boosted any time you use any sword attacks on enemies)

2 - Certain PA's took unjustifiably longer than others to level (for example, any rifle PA compared to any whip PA)

3 - Significant changes only occurred every 10 levels (especially for buffs/debuffs)

If it was reworked properly, I'd much rather level my moves through use than have to spend an unknown, variable amount of time relying on luck and hunting down discs to "remove the cap" from my moves' damage or potency.

Dragwind
Jul 13, 2011, 07:31 AM
So how about that RAcast? Sure has a tiny head. Imagine if he could detach his head and use it like a grenade similar to some crazy PSU PA.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 13, 2011, 09:00 AM
So how about that RAcast? Sure has a tiny head. Imagine if he could detach his head and use it like a grenade similar to some crazy PSU PA.

Ahahah! That would be awsome. Like Alisa from Tekken 6. That character is funny as hell!

darkante
Jul 13, 2011, 09:47 AM

I like the way you think. ^^

ThePendragon
Jul 13, 2011, 02:55 PM
I think the main problems with PSU's PA leveling were:

1 - You had to level EACH move individually, instead of having a general area associated with each (for example, all sword PA's being influenced by a single "proficiency" stat that gets boosted any time you use any sword attacks on enemies)

2 - Certain PA's took unjustifiably longer than others to level (for example, any rifle PA compared to any whip PA)

3 - Significant changes only occurred every 10 levels (especially for buffs/debuffs)

If it was reworked properly, I'd much rather level my moves through use than have to spend an unknown, variable amount of time relying on luck and hunting down discs to "remove the cap" from my moves' damage or potency.

Precisely. It's just matter of balancing it better. Have EVERY level have a noticeable effect, and make leveling to effective levels faster. Make it balanced across the board for all types, so some classes don't feel shafted. That way, everyone can feel like they are accomplishing something and not just grinding. Then, just make the higher levels more of a challenge to achieve. So everyone can get proficient, but only the dedicated can master them.

Jul 13, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'm hoping you can opt for the classic costumes. That would be nice. Too much metal on the RAmarl for my taste (maybe they were trying to make it look like denim?).

RemiusTA
Jul 13, 2011, 04:45 PM
Looking at the system, we might not even have PA levels. The customization choices might just be dependent on your weapon level and what you customize it with.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 11:42 AM
I would be cool with something new ta tell the truth.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 18, 2011, 07:15 AM
The Ramarl is looking good, I just hope there is a military green variant of it.