PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Guardians License Error Help! (Xbox360)

InsertNameHere
Jul 11, 2011, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone im new to the forums and was hoping to get back on PSU (Xbox360) But i keep getting this error whenever i try to buy the Guardians License Memebership from the marketplace and its starting to get fusterating, Ive called Xbox Live Support around 8 times about this issue and nobody over there seems to know how to fix it and ive tried calling Sega Support also but they just redirect me back to Xbox Live support so i was joined the forums to see if anyone here knew my problem and how to fix it. So i will explain what is happening.

I go to the marketplace go to the P section and find Phantasy Star Universe then i go to extras and go to memberships and i click Guardians License it says what payment option i want to use i picked my credit card (Visa Debit Card) and i click Buy it shows its loading for a second then it pops up an error message
"Could not retrieve information from Xbox Live,
Please try again later
Status Code 80150101"

and yes i am a gold member and my billing info is correct.
Please Help!
-InsertNameHere

InsertNameHere
Jul 11, 2011, 08:45 PM
My bad i also forgot to add i had the membership about 2-3 years ago and cancled it and now im trying to renew it with my new Visa Debit card because the old one i used for the Guardians License expired

NightSun
Jul 11, 2011, 09:11 PM
I had this same problem a while back, the way I fixed it was I did the following:
1) Go to the Microsoft Billing Website: https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx
2) Under "Payment type" Find your old Credit Card and click it.
3) You should see something like this:

XBOX Live (MasterCard: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Go to payment method information

Click "Go to payment method information"
4) Click "Use a different payment method"
5) From there just add your new Credit Card.

One of the reasons it gives you that problem is because it's still wants to charge your old credit card. So if you replace it (Instead of just putting a new one) it should fix.
I'm not sure if this will fix the problem for you, but it did for me.

InsertNameHere
Jul 11, 2011, 10:41 PM
Didnt work for me T-T
Thanks for trying though

JanosA
Jul 25, 2011, 08:21 AM
Thanx Nightsun. Your post helped me clear up my issue.

InsertNameHere
Jul 31, 2011, 06:18 PM
Lucky got yours to work T-T

momonpso
Aug 1, 2011, 10:34 AM
Have you tried renewing it directly through the game? Start up the game like you are going to play and hit yes when it asks if you want to renew your sub. You should get the option to change your method of payment.

-Swt-Exile
Aug 1, 2011, 07:37 PM
if your using a prepaid visa it will not work thats all i know

InsertNameHere
Aug 2, 2011, 12:23 PM
Yes i have tried i have tried changing payment method through the game but i still get the same error message and it isnt a Pre-paid Visa card

momonpso
Aug 2, 2011, 01:54 PM
Then unfortunately you will have to call Microsoft again. Ask to speak to a supervisor if the person you reach cannot help you.

InsertNameHere
Aug 3, 2011, 01:18 AM
Geez this is such a pain in the ass why cant they just let you click change payment option and buy it instead of having to go through all this crap - -

InsertNameHere
Sep 1, 2011, 11:04 PM
After 3 months of this crap i finally got my PSU to work! ^^
So happy right now im ganna play for 3 months straight just to make up for lost time!

InsertNameHere
Sep 8, 2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks to the people who helped! <3