PDA

View Full Version : Black Rock Shooter The Game

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 14, 2011, 09:25 PM
Oh man! How much I would love this one ta come ta Europe or North America!

Opening and battle system info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA1z_HGFP3U&feature=player_embedded

Griffin
Jul 14, 2011, 09:28 PM
The gameplay heavily reminds me of Sin and Punishment!

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 14, 2011, 09:31 PM
It does? If you mean the first Sin and Punishment then I can't say anything 'cause I never played that one.

Griffin
Jul 14, 2011, 09:41 PM
Mainly the perspective of the combat. Nothing much past that.

Rashiid
Jul 14, 2011, 09:50 PM
Never heard, but strangly enough I have avatars of that...chick? Whoever the blue glowing person is.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 14, 2011, 10:10 PM
Never heard, but strangly enough I have avatars of that...chick? Whoever the blue glowing person is.

That's the Black Rock Shooter. The game has been in the works for some time now.
There's also an OVA if you're interested -> http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6820

Wayu
Jul 14, 2011, 10:56 PM
Her name's "Black (star symbol) Star", FYI.

I think.

-Wayu

Mike
Jul 14, 2011, 11:06 PM
Her name's "Black (star symbol) Star", FYI.
Her name is BRS. (http://brs.jrpg.jp/character1.html)

Majarra
Jul 15, 2011, 03:04 AM
It's on the PSP. And it's from an anime that isn't Naruto or Bleach. And it's on the PSP. Did I mention it's on the PSP?

PSP is dead pretty much every where besides Japan. Rev up that import or Youtube playthroughs are your only options, unfortunately.

blace
Jul 15, 2011, 03:44 AM
It's on the PSP. And it's from an anime that isn't Naruto or Bleach. And it's on the PSP. Did I mention it's on the PSP?

PSP is dead pretty much every where besides Japan. Rev up that import or Youtube playthroughs are your only options, unfortunately.
Actually, there might be a possible release in the states. From what I can find on various sites they all have an NA announcement, but all marked TBA, while Japan get it in August 25, 2011.

Just saying, if you're a fan don't put your hopes up in case it never sees a western release.

We also need some gaming corporations that are also willing to follow their example, bring out series that have potential around the world instead of secluding it to the land of the rising sun and moon runes.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 08:59 AM

It is indeed because most companies gave up already. However, I faith in some of my favourite companies: NIS America and XSEED. XSEED is working on four PSP games: Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky The 3rd, Fate/Extra and Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom.
In an interview with Haru Akeanga, NIS America president:

"Is there no hope for Black Rock Shooter? A lot of people, my readers included, want it."

Haru Akeanga, President of NIS America: "I know, I love it! I want to do it."

You can read the whole interview in here: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/30/our-fan-powered-interview-with-nis-americas-president-part-1/

Also, it's pretty much dead in there 'cause of the damn piracy disease. Here it's not like that yet.

Majarra
Jul 15, 2011, 09:09 AM
I had no idea, I don't really follow the PSP or any of its news anymore. I still don't see someone publishing it and releasing it in Europe or USA, unless they are sincerely trying to please fans of the series. Which is always a welcomed and appreciated thing, but in the gaming industry today, it's all about sales.

Every year, sales are dropping slightly for games and releasing titles like this would bring companies little money. If it was just "translate this game, make a ton of copies, ship to stores" every game would be in major languages.

But I suppose optimism is key when you want something....

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 09:45 AM
I know Majarra, believe me. There are still great companies, like XSEED, giving a push to the PSP. Also, there's this thing I heard about the PS Vita. It can play PSP games: downloadable ones from the PlayStation Store of course. It's still kinda a rumour though. Seems it will depend on Sony's take on things. Nevertheless, I'll keep my hopes up. ⁀ω⁀

Sord
Jul 15, 2011, 10:17 AM
I really do hope Vita gives a huge push to the Sony handheld gaming industry. I opt to keep my PSP for a few select titles for the most part (namely the monster hunter series speaking of which portable 3rd needs to get its ass over here, and it has a Rachet and Clank game, oh, and the Powerstone port.) It probably isn't that cost effective to move niche titles over here, but damn if it wouldn't be nice. Though I'd say personally I'm in a different demographic than what the BRS game is targeting, but that's neither here nor there, because there's still plenty of good JP games I'd love to play that just don't make it here.

Also couldn't help but notice out of the reviews shown on that OVA stats page, they all basically said it was all style no substance with bad story (lolanime.) Though a game doesn't always have to have a good story to be good (hell, early sonic and mario games there may as well have not been one.) The combat in this doesn't actually look to bad, but I'd want to see more of it first.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 10:21 AM
Same here mate. So many great Japanese games that never leave there.
I really hope the Vita does awesomely well too!

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 10:44 AM
Her name is BRS. (http://brs.jrpg.jp/character1.html)

The anime/official manga has it as "Black (star) Star".

-Wayu

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 10:47 AM
Nah. She's the Black Rock Shooter. Rock for short in the manga.

Wayu
Jul 15, 2011, 10:48 AM
That's what she's known as, sorry.

She gives her name as simply "Rock" but we don't really know for sure.

-Wayu

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 15, 2011, 10:56 AM
I see.
Nevertheless it's Black Rock Shooter fer me since it says that's her name everywhere, including the official Japanese website.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 24, 2011, 10:34 PM
I knew I could count on ya, NIS America! Awsome work!

Black Rock Shooter: The Game coming to North America and Europe!

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/24/black-rock-shooter-the-game-heats-up-for-north-america-and-europe/

Xefi
Aug 24, 2011, 10:41 PM
I knew I could count on ya, NIS America! Awsome work!

Black Rock Shooter: The Game coming to North America and Europe!

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/24/black-rock-shooter-the-game-heats-up-for-north-america-and-europe/

oh nice. you can always count on Nis America! looking forward to this game when it comes out. :cat:

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 24, 2011, 11:35 PM
Indeed. They really listen to their fans. Same as XSEED!

Mantiskilla
Aug 25, 2011, 01:17 AM
The gameplay looks fun but we'll see. As for the anime I thought it was a bit overrated after watching it. I really couldn't find what all the hype was about.

yoshiblue
Aug 25, 2011, 04:05 AM
Reminds me of Ghost in the shell with a sony and nintendo vs the xbox/MS lol.

Shinji Kazuya
Aug 25, 2011, 10:24 AM
The gameplay looks fun but we'll see. As for the anime I thought it was a bit overrated after watching it. I really couldn't find what all the hype was about.

I never watched the anime and don't plan to.

prowler_
Aug 26, 2011, 05:11 AM
OVA was hyped too much, it was basically 90% lesbian school girls and 10% action
No idea why the anime is airing on noitaminA but I guess it's worth checking out the first episode.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to this game. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Edit: Also it makes you think how NISA can localize games like this and Aksys with Fate/Extra and Hakuoki but SEGA can't do PSP2i and VC3 ):

yoshiblue
Aug 26, 2011, 05:31 AM
I never watched the show but guess that's what happens to a women populated world?