PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg DM Visual Drop Changes

DragonForce
Jul 15, 2011, 05:50 AM
So I just got a Liberty Cannon, which I'm guessing is supposed to be the Chaos Cannon. It looks like the 7* laser cannon...Fucking segac... -_-

BlakLanner
Jul 15, 2011, 06:13 AM
I suppose this is why we are always getting "different" weapons these days. They have not gotten the graphic data to us. Pathetic.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 15, 2011, 06:28 AM
got new claws that are reskins of vahra claws wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THLPSC
Jul 15, 2011, 06:36 AM
This is how all the future weapons will be get used to it.

bloodflowers
Jul 15, 2011, 06:45 AM
got new claws that are reskins of vahra claws wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are they called?

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 15, 2011, 06:48 AM
What are they called?
sorry man didn't write it down

DPShiro
Jul 15, 2011, 06:50 AM
This is very sad. I guess we now for sure which weapons we won't get.
Hope their souls burns in hell for this.

bloodflowers
Jul 15, 2011, 06:56 AM
http://psu.system11.org/blog/?p=1504

Look how unique it is!

DPShiro
Jul 15, 2011, 07:01 AM

Look how unique it is!

Words can't describe the amount of fail...

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 07:04 AM
Welp... Time to throw in the towel... I'm done with this fail company/game...

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 15, 2011, 07:09 AM

Look how unique it is!

wow is all I can say

Ananias
Jul 15, 2011, 07:11 AM
A lot of people may quit over this. Anyone else think Sega may shut it down soon?

Dragwind
Jul 15, 2011, 07:17 AM
I am disappoint.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 15, 2011, 07:36 AM
What are they called?
Verzegrys is the name of them

Ishia
Jul 15, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hilarious, still nothing to quit over. Same stats, no problem, right?

bloodflowers
Jul 15, 2011, 07:49 AM
Hilarious, still nothing to quit over. Same stats, no problem, right?

If you like neutral, sure.

This gives me no hope for ever getting new clothes.

Ishia
Jul 15, 2011, 07:51 AM
Oh yeah, neutral problem. Read over that.

The future does indeed look fucked.

DragonForce
Jul 15, 2011, 07:55 AM
So does this mean that the weapons from the event will be reskinned?

Ishia
Jul 15, 2011, 07:57 AM
Oh my, that would be the coup de grace for many.

mAsTeR OuTi
Jul 15, 2011, 08:13 AM
*cries*

no black spear for us??? *sadface*

I hope I can handle this...

Siege
Jul 15, 2011, 08:28 AM
So what is the exact reason for us receiving this "unique" content again? I'm sure it has been explained before but I must have missed it.

Majarra
Jul 15, 2011, 08:37 AM
omg sega im done with you. im quitting forever this time, promise, not fucking kidding. i WILL actually call up m$ and cancel my psu.

*6 months later, new event announced*

Feels good to be back to PSU, keep up the fantastic work, Sonic Team. PSU till the end <3

Majarra
Jul 15, 2011, 08:42 AM
So what is the exact reason for us receiving this "unique" content again? I'm sure it has been explained before but I must have missed it.

The 360 version lacks a certain title update that makes it possible to see the new weapons. The current batch of weapons they are releasing are from the Portable series and AOTI doesn't have that data, as far as I know. A majority of the stuff from AOTI has been released and now that it's time to move and get ready for the future, they are behind. They should have gotten these specific patches certified with Microsoft months ago, when they started releasing actual new content to PSU.

It's ridiculous how awful SEGA is at running Online RPG's in the west. This is literally killing their rep and future western PS titles will be doomed to the atrocious service that is going on right now.

Oh the feeling of having your favorite game company poorly treat one of your favorite game series. My heart, it hurts. :(

mAsTeR OuTi
Jul 15, 2011, 08:47 AM
...My heart, it hurts. :(

this!:(

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 09:19 AM
This is just past the point of me being angry with them..90% of the people I run with on PSU are qutting and so am I.. I think enough is enough already.. I know PSO2 I will be getting for JP not US/EU because of the ill treatment we have gotten from PSU.

And now that the forums are most likely permanently down {since it's been a month}. We can't complain to them about this treatment.. :rant:

Siege
Jul 15, 2011, 09:39 AM
Ok so does that mean that we will eventually get the unique graphics with a future update? I rly hope so. IMHO one of two things should happen. Either 1) sega should just release the rest of whatever content they are planning to release before shutting down our servers and make this game free. Or 2) they should give us updates based on mostly content that we already have ie: class and pa rebalances, eliminate most or all account bound iems, or even change our drop charts. I'd much rather these new missions drop nei claw+, final impact, ank kilik, caelum feather/fluge etc. Rather than neutral claws that are utterly useless. Even if they can't make up for lack of some of this content they can still do much better than this. Who do I complain to?

str898mustang
Jul 15, 2011, 09:46 AM
Ok so does that mean that we will eventually get the unique graphics with a future update? I rly hope so. IMHO one of two things should happen. Either 1) sega should just release the rest of whatever content they are planning to release before shutting down our servers and make this game free. Or 2) they should give us updates based on mostly content that we already have ie: class and pa rebalances, eliminate most or all account bound iems, or even change our drop charts. I'd much rather these new missions drop nei claw+, final impact, ank kilik, caelum feather/fluge etc. Rather than neutral claws that are utterly useless. Even if they can't make up for lack of some of this content they can still do much better than this. Who do I complain to?

u'll get a 3 month notice of shutdown and make the game free but u wont get the rest of the content

Number 2 is unlikely to happen

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 09:48 AM
No one at sega of America/japan cares... this is the problem..we will never get what JP has..even edward said it..if you don't like the content,don't play those are his words not mine.

Mordi
Jul 15, 2011, 10:06 AM
OMG RESKINNED WEPONZ Y SEGA Y :(:(:(. Seriously, if this is such a "fail game/company" as i read in one of the other threads why don't you all become game devs and do it yourself or quit the game and find something else to play.. there's plenty of other games out there kids.

Gypsy72
Jul 15, 2011, 10:18 AM
so much fail....

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 10:18 AM
OMG RESKINNED WEPONZ Y SEGA Y :(:(:(. Seriously, if this is such a "fail game/company" as i read in one of the other threads why don't you all become game devs and do it yourself or quit the game and find something else to play.. there's plenty of other games out there kids.

First of all.. Iv'e been playing since release date.. So if anyone can have a honest opinion about this game it's me. Second of all not everyone who plays PSU is "Kids".I myself am 30 yrs old. I unlike some of the players pay for my own account. I have been here during the mass hacking on PS2/PC servers,the endless MAG,the real Grinder glitch where everyone duped limitless S+10s.. So don't sit here and pass Judgement on players like myself who are fed up with paying for a service were not getting.

If you ever played on the JP side. you probably would understand where i'm coming from. What we have on our servers is basically there free course minus the rooms. So if you want to get treated like a second class citizen then by all means do so.. but me and countless people I play with are going to quit.

Ph4nt0M2011
Jul 15, 2011, 10:24 AM
Lol, could it get any worse?! Think gf & me are done too. It would be great to get everyone to stop playing, so jp could get through their heads they're cheating us. I know this is pretty much impossible, but dang it would be nice.

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 10:27 AM
Lol, could it get any worse?! Think gf & me are done too. It would be great to get everyone to stop playing, so jp could get through their heads they're cheating us. I know this is pretty much impossible, but dang it would be nice.

Most of the top tier players like myself are qutting.. this is going to be funny.. let's leave the servers to the scammers/Machine gun glitchers.. LMAO.. it's the demo all over again anyway now a days.

str898mustang
Jul 15, 2011, 10:27 AM

they really wouldn't care if they're cheating you......if they did, u would have had many more update than you did

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 10:30 AM
they really wouldn't care if they're cheating you......if they did, u would have had many more update than you did

QFT ! PSO2 i'll be on JP.. I'll look for you mustang :D

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 10:31 AM
I walk in every few days to check up on the game, see another topic of utter failance from Segac, watch as all the poor, helpless players cry to deaf ears, and then the few delusionals actually defend Sega's incompetence.

Sega really does not care about the 360/overseas version of this game. They really do not care. They're doing things that ANY western-born company would get eaten alive for. I realized this and quit all the way back during the MAG ordeal. Everytime i think about dropping $10 just to check up on the status of the servers, im promptly reminded about why it's a stupid idea.

ZER0 DX
Jul 15, 2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah I see no reason to go back to 360 ever now. My JP character has gotten better equipment in less time, and he's at a lower level. JP's GC3 will probably get me capped, and with Mirage Blasts likely on the way soon, it's no contest.

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 10:33 AM
LOL I couldn't agree with you more. I guess Jp will be getting more players from this ordeal.. :D

str898mustang
Jul 15, 2011, 10:35 AM
QFT ! PSO2 i'll be on JP.. I'll look for you mustang :D

same to you.....actually I hope a lot of 360 players join the JP ver. of PSO2.

RemiusTA
Jul 15, 2011, 10:41 AM
Unless you people make it a point to let Sega know how fucked up this is, the future of PS games over here is looking pretty bleak, imo.

They dont advertise, they dont make an attempt to make it good, but then when a new game is released, they complain about sales in the west and dont commit. Then everyone just quits the shitty version of the game they're hosting or they shut it down. They're just so halfassed as a business sometimes it's really sad.

The stuff in this thread is so bad i couldn't help but bust out laughing. Sega's Trollface is strong. I'd write a hate petition if i was still playing this game.

Hahaha, it's just unacceptable. Im surprised it's even legal its so fucked up. This is like a massive troll campaign from Sega...i cant wait for the next event to roll around.

Ph4nt0M2011
Jul 15, 2011, 10:48 AM
Thank god, WKC2 is coming out soon. It's free & a way better MMO/ORPG. More a farmer but still great. Join me!

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2011, 10:48 AM
Heh. Heh. Heh.

After this and PSOBB, if Western PSO2 turns out separated from JP and you join in and expect them to suddenly turn over a new leaf, you've only got yourself to blame.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 10:49 AM
Too bad my computer sucks, or else I would find a nice, free MMO to play and be done with SEGA's abuse.

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2011, 10:50 AM
Thank god, WKC2 is coming out soon. It's free & a way better MMO/ORPG. More a farmer but still great. Join me!

Already out if your in Japan or EU. ;)

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 15, 2011, 10:52 AM
Normally i dont like to complain but wtf Sega, you turned a sexy Diabolic claws into Verzegrys and took away the effect...I mean if buy unique drops you meant change the name of an item that exists in JP and make it a bad kubara version lol by taking the effects and visuals off then screw unique i would rather wait patiently till we get the good stuff...

seraphin King
Jul 15, 2011, 10:55 AM
They should just keep with the events and make them more often cause refurbished claws that not even your bot will eat just dont cut it.

iiiTz SHiNoBiii
Jul 15, 2011, 10:59 AM
They should just keep with the events and make them more often cause refurbished claws that not even your bot will eat just dont cut it.

LMAO! my bot rejected it also... i feel sad =(

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 11:00 AM
Yep.. this is a sad sad day for PSU.. everyone in my party chat are ranting and going crazy.. Some of them already put up there stuff for sale.. things will never change with Sega.So don't think were getting any of this.. funny thing is I called this 2 days ago.. told everyone I knew watch the new drops be "unique" and I was right.. this is beyond neglect from Sega this is out right Criminal of them.

seraphin King
Jul 15, 2011, 11:07 AM
I feel sad about the sexy Black Requiem... lets just wait and see what sega can scrape off the bottom of the "unique" barrel...

Majarra
Jul 15, 2011, 11:09 AM
Or they can NPC it/botfood it all to seal the deal, but I guess thats to hard. They'll come back in a few weeks anyway. And shouldn't your buds be shutting up and calling MS to cancel?

I hope the mods don't interfere with this thread, I want to see all the complaints and threats. This is hilarious.

Mordi
First of all.. Iv'e been playing since release date.. So if anyone can have a honest opinion about this game it's me. Second of all not everyone who plays PSU is "Kids".I myself am 30 yrs old. I unlike some of the players pay for my own account. I have been here during the mass hacking on PS2/PC servers,the endless MAG,the real Grinder glitch where everyone duped limitless S+10s.. So don't sit here and pass Judgement on players like myself who are fed up with paying for a service were not getting.

If you ever played on the JP side. you probably would understand where i'm coming from. What we have on our servers is basically there free course minus the rooms. So if you want to get treated like a second class citizen then by all means do so.. but me and countless people I play with are going to quit.

So why are you still paying? I signed up in early 07 myself, You may not be a child but you're sure acting like one. It's ten dollars dude.. if ten dollars is an issue to you at thirty years old you're doing it wrong my friend.

str898mustang
wonder how Lavis Cannon will be, lol

bloodflowers
Jul 15, 2011, 11:25 AM
Yep.. this is a sad sad day for PSU.. everyone in my party chat are ranting and going crazy.. Some of them already put up there stuff for sale.. things will never change with Sega.So don't think were getting any of this.. funny thing is I called this 2 days ago.. told everyone I knew watch the new drops be "unique" and I was right.. this is beyond neglect from Sega this is out right Criminal of them.

Nobody seemed to pay much attention to Mewn when he called it earlier this week either, here's what he said:

http://psu.system11.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63#p783

Ph4nt0M2011
Jul 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
Already out if your in Japan or EU. ;)

I know, but in the States. Least I won't have to worry about getting a unique version here o.0

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 11:44 AM
So why are you still paying? I signed up in early 07 myself, You may not be a child but you're sure acting like one. It's ten dollars dude.. if ten dollars is an issue to you at thirty years old you're doing it wrong my friend.

How am I doing it wrong ? pls explain yourself ? Like I said before I am qutting. guess you didn't catch that Memo.. and FYI as a long time paying customer I have a right to complain when were being treated poorly.. Go back to the 4th floor where you belong. :-?Also maybe when you pay bills and a Mortgage you'll understand.. till then keep running up your parents credit card.

serenade
Jul 15, 2011, 11:48 AM

that's just a lame reply. i mean, really?

i doubt the $10 a month is an issue to pay, and what does his age matter as far as what he can pay and what he cant? hypothetically, what if he lost his job due to the crappy economy? does that mean he's doing it wrong?

the problem is he no longer wants to pay for a shoddy service with little to no care for it's customers. and it's his right to discontinue said service. i really cant see how anyone can legitimately defend sega on this.

"oh hey, you have the same game as japan. they are getting all this awesome stuff, but we dont feel like coding it for you guys so we're giving you some hand-me-downs which should tide you over for awhile until you quit or the server shuts down"

Mordi
Jul 15, 2011, 11:51 AM
How am I doing it wrong ? pls explain yourself ? Like I said before I am qutting. guess you didn't catch that Memo.. and FYI as a long time paying customer I have a right to complain when were being treated poorly.. Go back to the 4th floor where you belong. :-?Also maybe when you pay bills and a Mortgage you'll understand.. till then keep running up your parents credit card.

I live on my own, pay all my own bills and i'm 22, ten dollars will get you a sandwich in NYC, it's NOTHING. Judging by the post above i'm finding it EXTREMELY HARD to believe that you're over the age of 18 or maybe you just have some sort of mental illness.

"this is beyond neglect from Sega this is out right Criminal of them"
Yes, it is so criminal of them to release FREE updates.. you're already paying the game subscription.. they don't HAVE to bring out new stuff.. you won't quit, you've obviously got nothing else to do if a couple reskinned weapons are pushing you over the edge. OMG GONNA QUIT CANNON LUKS LIKE OLD CANNON SEGA U FAIL..

Grow up.

that's just a lame reply. i mean, really?

i doubt the $10 a month is an issue to pay, and what does his age matter as far as what he can pay and what he cant? hypothetically, what if he lost his job due to the crappy economy? does that mean he's doing it wrong?

the problem is he no longer wants to pay for a shoddy service with little to no care for it's customers. and it's his right to discontinue said service. i really cant see how anyone can legitimately defend sega on this.

"oh hey, you have the same game as japan. they are getting all this awesome stuff, but we dont feel like coding it for you guys so we're giving you some hand-me-downs which should tide you over for awhile until you quit or the server shuts down"

So let him discontinue it then, if you're qutting, quit but for the love of god don't come to the forums and start a whole drama fest about it..

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, friend.

Edit: what responsible human being is playing video games when they have no source of income, someone needs to get their priorities in order.

Gypsy72
Jul 15, 2011, 11:57 AM
i think i'm just going to finish out the next month or two, get the rewards and make/sell some stuff during the boosts, then quit... might keep a few things in case they get their act together and i decide to come back... but i have to agree with those that don't wanna pay $10 a month for crappy updates...

and the $10 a month would be better spent on a sandwich than this game, you'd get more for your money...i can barely finish a run these days without getting totally bored and wondering why i'm wasting my time on it.... time to move on to the other games i play... maybe take my White Knights character back from my BF! :P LOL

serenade
Jul 15, 2011, 12:00 PM
last time i checked, forums were for open discussions. whether they be good or bad.

he can express his thoughts on why he's quitting if he so chooses. if YOU dont like it, ignore it. no one is forcing you to read his posts.

just like sega is "ruining" his experience in game and he's voicing his opinion on it, apparently he's "ruining" your forum experience and you're voicing you opinion on it.

all you're doing is bitching about his bitching. solves a whole lot, huh?

desturel
Jul 15, 2011, 12:11 PM
this is beyond neglect from Sega this is out right Criminal of them.

You may not be aware of the legal codes in Japan or America, but what Sega has "done" (or in this case, has not done) has no legal bearing whatsoever. Of course I believe that you are using extreme hyperbole, but there is always that one percent chance that you honestly believe it's criminal, which it is not.

HzE
Jul 15, 2011, 12:12 PM
1st the original forums get hacked still not up LOL
2nd GaR sucked
3rd they scrwed us again on this gbr LOL
4th thank god im quitting atfer we get grind boost ( if we even get Lol )

serenade
Jul 15, 2011, 12:14 PM
just stating the obvious.

gotta be ignorant to be able to speak to the ignorant. or else is just goes over their head ;p

i just didnt appreciate the fact you took a shot at his livelihood. you dont know him or his situation. i know a few people who have quit because they lost their jobs and had to budget themselves super tight and a $10/month video game fee wasnt exactly a top priority on their list. had you just said "quit and be done with it" and just left things at that, this would not have started.

but i digress. this thread is only going to continue spiraling at this rate. either way, i'm done. i've made my point and whether it's taken or not, oh well.

Mordi
Jul 15, 2011, 12:17 PM
just stating the obvious.

gotta be ignorant to be able to speak to the ignorant. or else is just goes over their head ;p

i just didnt appreciate the fact you took a shot at his livelihood. you dont know him or his situation. i know a few people who have quit because they lost their jobs and had to budget themselves super tight and a $10/month video game fee wasnt exactly a top priority on their list. had you just said "quit and be done with it" and just left things at that, this would not have started.

but i digress. this thread is only going to continue spiraling at this rate. either way, i'm done. i've made my point and whether it's taken or not, oh well.
That's different than complaining about the quality of an update and considering leaving because of it. But I see where you're coming from.

iBaylin
Jul 15, 2011, 12:25 PM
It's funny how Edward single-handedly destroyed the word "unique" when it comes to PSU. When you heard unique you use to be like "ah yeah yeah that's nice" now it' "God ****** it's unique ****!

desturel
Jul 15, 2011, 12:27 PM
4th thank god im quitting atfer we get grind boost ( if we even get Lol )

Why wait for the grind boost?

Also why do you think it's possible we won't be getting the grind boost?

HzE
Jul 15, 2011, 12:38 PM
Why wait for the grind boost?

Also why do you think it's possible we won't be getting the grind boost?

its sega lol

and i wana have fun b4 i quit jusy gona go all out during the boost if we get like i said

milranduil
Jul 15, 2011, 01:02 PM
@ Orius - They've already had Lavis Cannon from Protector's Zeta. It's normal.

Crysteon
Jul 15, 2011, 01:09 PM
wonder how Lavis Cannon will be, lol

Lavis Cannons should look like Lavis Cannon, since it was part of PSP1 patch (Actually, Double Cannons will look like a Double Cannon, and Rutsus will look normal too, for the same reason). As for PSP2 stuff, well.....you are experiencing the results as you read the rest of the posts, lol.

bloodflowers
Jul 15, 2011, 01:13 PM
It puts a LOT of content out of our reach if they really have no plans to bring the PSP2 stuff over. Say goodbye to all the awesome clothes people were hoping for, for example.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 01:45 PM
Might get a "unique" Bath Towel. It'll look like this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/1042/1179-m.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ellrick C-63
Jul 15, 2011, 02:48 PM
This is horse shit. Most likely canceling my sub when I get back from vacation.

Noc Codez
Jul 15, 2011, 03:19 PM

Ok after this post i'm done with this subject with you. it's obvious that your a troll and after this i'm not going to feed into you..

That being said..

What does my age have to do with anything ? Because I'm 30yrs old i'm not allowed to play video games? I can't have a hobby ? As for my job I have a very good job in the Airline industry. My job provides a roof over my families head and food on the table and more than covers for me and my families expenses.. The reason I am quitting is because of their Service to it's customers not because of the game itself. Personally I loved every Phantasy star game that was released. PSU has a lot of potential but it's run poorly in US/EU.. If you want to continue to pay for this crap service than all power to you. One day your going to feel the same way I do and I hope someone Trolls you like you did me..

As for my statement about what there doing is criminal.. I didn't mean it in the literal sense.. I meant it as what there doing is wrong..

Cya guys on JP PSO2. ^^

bloodflowers
Jul 15, 2011, 03:32 PM
I live on my own, pay all my own bills and i'm 22, ten dollars will get you a sandwich in NYC, it's NOTHING. Judging by the post above i'm finding it EXTREMELY HARD to believe that you're over the age of 18 or maybe you just have some sort of mental illness.

"this is beyond neglect from Sega this is out right Criminal of them"
Yes, it is so criminal of them to release FREE updates.. you're already paying the game subscription.. they don't HAVE to bring out new stuff.. you won't quit, you've obviously got nothing else to do if a couple reskinned weapons are pushing you over the edge. OMG GONNA QUIT CANNON LUKS LIKE OLD CANNON SEGA U FAIL..

Grow up.

The cost isn't the problem.

The fact that we're paying for what amounts to a lesser service than the Japanese get is the problem.

The fact that seeing standard drops (some of which were required for trade-in later) removed from the game and replaced with reskins is the problem.

What this says for Sonic Team's roadmap for the future of the 360 servers is the problem.

Our local Sega representatives having no answers to questions about these issues, and getting confrontational and abusive towards people who want a response is the problem.

The updates (which our fee pays for actually) being frequently bugged is the problem.

It's not childish for someone who has invested a lot of time into the game, to be upset and concerned by these things, or even outright angry about them. It makes them want to vent to likeminded customers. That's natural, normal. There's nothing special about this situation that should give Sega a free pass for poor service and quiet obedient customers, where ISPs, power companies, garages, etc do not.

If you don't like it, don't read update / complaint threads.

Midori Oku
Jul 15, 2011, 03:36 PM
Looks like there will be no point in getting a Sorcerer rod. ;-;

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2011, 03:44 PM
Looks like there will be no point in getting a Sorcerer rod. ;-;

Halarodoc? Or maybe a Promorod? Place your bets.

THLPSC
Jul 15, 2011, 03:46 PM
I guess we should have hoped and prayed for microtransactions on the 360 because that was the only way our server could have ever gotten anything even close to what japan has. I know people and myself included at one point thought hey we pay the same price for our service why aren't we getting the same thing JP is. But to be fair we literally pay no where near to as much as JP players do for content. The GC system amounts hundreds upon thousands of dollars on it. Not all players use GC I know this is true but a large majority of JP players do and they spend a lot of money on it. As sad as it is I must admit there is no real reason for Sega to treat us the same. There is no incentive for them to they are making no where as much money off of us compared to people on JP.

bloodflowers
Jul 15, 2011, 03:52 PM
I guess we should have hoped and prayed for microtransactions on the 360 because that was the only way our server could have ever gotten anything even close to what japan has. I know people and myself included at one point thought hey we pay the same price for our service why aren't we getting the same thing JP is. But to be fair we literally pay no where near to as much as JP players do for content. The GC system amounts hundreds upon thousands of dollars on it. Not all players use GC I know this is true but a large majority of JP players do and they spend a lot of money on it. As sad as it is I must admit there is no real reason for Sega to treat us the same. There is no incentive for them to they are making no where as much money off of us compared to people on JP.

A valid point, but:

1) We were never given the option to get GC or paid-for DLC packs etc.
2) All the things we didn't get today, weren't GC content anyway.

THLPSC
Jul 15, 2011, 03:58 PM
A valid point, but:

1. Sega probably tried to get it through but honestly MS probably wanted to big of a cut of the profits and sega probably just gave up on the idea.
2. Its not the fact that the items were GC its the fact that them putting the bare minimum will obviously please us as 360 has dealt with many things that would have made JP players never play again. They are not getting the money needed to provide the service that we deserve IE:no GC system and they see no point obviously in providing anything worthwhile to our server. Its quite obvious that SOJ handles the updates and when they are providing service to us they know we are paying no were as much as there other server so they think why should we provide us with the same content.

Slayer76
Jul 15, 2011, 04:15 PM
Sad really. Five years ago this game on the US server had such potential. Ever since then the service has gotten worse...and worse..and worse. We started off at what, three months behid JP servers? Now we're 2 years behind. Pretty sad and obvious who Segac cares more about, the server where more income comes from. I'll play till fall when the good hyped games come out and then i'm quiting this game with its horrible service for the last time. I think Segac cares more about their income percentages more then microsoft does.
Btw, this isn't even about these reskinned weapons or money, just the general unfair treatment
/rant

desturel
Jul 15, 2011, 05:19 PM

1) There's a good amount of GC content that we haven't received and we are not going to receive anytime soon.

2) The money spent on Guardians cash goes towards the game in general, not just to Guardians cash updates. Basically, the more money that is spent on guardians cash, the more money that can go into developing the game.

3) You say equal pay for equal product (I'm paraphrasing), but even when you take out the GC, we still are not paying as much as JP players do for the standard game. A game key is 1000yen (about 13USD) and a guardians license is 1260yen (about 16USD), so until our price increases to around $15 a month (assuming the US doesn't default on global loans and sink even further in comparison to the yen), we are paying less money for less content. Then you factor back in the profits from Guadians Cash and we aren't paying anywhere near the same price.

Lucidia
Jul 15, 2011, 05:23 PM
GC is developer's coffee money. Please support their coffee habit.

Fredy+
Jul 15, 2011, 05:33 PM
Some of you just b**** on and on... Sheesh.

milranduil
Jul 15, 2011, 06:04 PM
Some of you just don't care what you get for your money!

Sinue_v2
Jul 15, 2011, 06:58 PM
This is hilarious.

Maybe if we use PSU metaphysics, we can all channel our hopes and thoughts and wishes to Sega and make a miracle happen to save PSU and Sega in the west - despite Lou's insistence that there's only a .00002% chance of Sega giving a fuck.

.... or we could use that mental power to kill everyone at Sega involved, like George Clooney did to that goat in that one movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVQtIEyecZQ&feature=related

Mordi
Jul 15, 2011, 08:31 PM
This is hilarious.

Maybe if we use PSU metaphysics, we can all channel our hopes and thoughts and wishes to Sega and make a miracle happen to save PSU and Sega in the west - despite Lou's insistence that there's only a .00002% chance of Sega giving a fuck.

.... or we could use that mental power to kill everyone at Sega involved, like George Clooney did to that goat in that one movie.

&#x202a;The Men Who Stare At Goats&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVQtIEyecZQ&feature=related)
I think I love you.

Gypsy72
Jul 16, 2011, 12:09 AM
the sad thing is i think the GaR reward weapon's skins need the update that JP got too,.. wonder what those reskins will look like..... LOL

Majarra
Jul 16, 2011, 12:15 AM
The book was in PSP1, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm 99% positive the Berdysh was introduced in PSP2 though. As for the NUG-2000, I have no idea.

Just go with what someone else said and enjoy the "upgraded Lidra" lol.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 16, 2011, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

AnonymousHat00
Jul 16, 2011, 01:16 AM
i bet the reason the main forums is still down is because they know they fucked up, and dont want to hear all of the complaints...

gordon/alpha999
Jul 16, 2011, 01:21 AM
i bet the reason the main forums is still down is because they know they fucked up, and dont want to hear all of the complaints...

I'm placing my bet on 2012 March 31st for US/EU servers last day :l

There i said it

desturel
Jul 16, 2011, 01:25 AM

The main forums is for all of Sega's games, not just PSU. They wouldn't leave the entire thing down just to avoid hearing some people complain on the PSU sub forum.

Also, this is a matter of them releasing the content before the title update was completed. It was a conscious decision by Sega's management to release content before the visuals were ready, so I wouldn't qualify it as a "fuck up".

If their choices were "oh well you can't get the content until we get the title update approved with Microsoft" and "You'll get the content now, but you'll have to wait for the title update for the visuals", I think they made the better choice. We had the "hey, no updates for three months until the title update is ready" thing going for us in the past; People bitched and moaned about that. Now we are getting the content before the title update and people are still bitching and moaning. Or, I guess the politically correct way of putting this is "letting your customer voice be heard".

Now you could argue that Sega should have had the title update ready and approved by now and that I couldn't comment on. Maybe they should have, but the developers are in Japan and their first priority are the Japanese customers since those are the people paying their salaries. The US customers are basically just paying for the servers that they play on.

Kizer497
Jul 16, 2011, 01:31 AM
What the hell is sega doing!? Are we even going to get the original skins? if not im done spending money on this game!
i was looking forward using the chaos cannon so angry

AnonymousHat00
Jul 16, 2011, 01:37 AM
The main forums is for all of Sega's games, not just PSU. They wouldn't leave the entire thing down just to avoid hearing some people complain on the PSU sub forum.

Also, this is a matter of them releasing the content before the title update was completed. It was a conscious decision by Sega's management to release content before the visuals were ready, so I wouldn't qualify it as a "fuck up".

If their choices were "oh well you can't get the content until we get the title update approved with Microsoft" and "You'll get the content now, but you'll have to wait for the title update for the visuals", I think they made the better choice. We had the "hey, no updates for three months until the title update is ready" thing going for us in the past; People bitched and moaned about that. Now we are getting the content before the title update and people are still bitching and moaning. Or, I guess the politically correct way of putting this is "letting your customer voice be heard".

Now you could argue that Sega should have had the title update ready and approved by now and that I couldn't comment on. Maybe they should have, but the developers are in Japan and their first priority are the Japanese customers since those are the people paying their salaries. The US customers are basically just paying for the servers that they play on.

i really could care less about the visuals, i really dont see quitting this game over something like this.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 16, 2011, 01:38 AM

Well to be on tract, we have the right to "Bitch,complain" about what is happening to the money we put into to this game so that we can enjoy and all it's"controversy's" from it's sorry ass updates -pardon my french-. If their are no complaint's sooner or later that would just create more problem's in the future.

-insert problems here-

AnonymousHat00
Jul 16, 2011, 01:40 AM
Most of the top tier players like myself are qutting.. this is going to be funny.. let's leave the servers to the scammers/Machine gun glitchers.. LMAO.. it's the demo all over again anyway now a days.

not all the ppl are scammers and MAG gun glichers. im sorry to say this but if thats all you see then how about opening your eyes a little bit.

Shadowth117
Jul 16, 2011, 02:14 AM

They honestly should have had it ready, we're paying the same rate as the Japanese so why should we have to deal with second class treatment? I can't say that PSU is the best game ever in the first place, but its certainly doesn't help to see the only server I'm supposed to have access to treated like this. Don't even try to tell me to play on the Japan servers because not only are we not meant to, we should have the right to be able to enjoy our own servers just fine especially since its a pay to play service.

I don't doubt it takes a bit to get things like updates approved, but there's no reason we should give these issues the benefit of a doubt when they appear to be treated like afterthoughts by the developers. I've seen games get DLC within a month or 2 of each other. Surely it wouldn't be that hard to release a free required DLC as a patch so we can get new content. Blazblue did free DLC patches, why not this game?

While you can name all of the reasons you like as to why workarounds are impractical or difficult, the fact remains that its the developer's job to make sure things work the way they should. The customer shouldn't even have to consider things like what we're discussing, but because of poor treatment of the game on the developer's part we constantly have to worry about such things.

I honestly hope PSO2 doesn't follow suit in this way for the international servers if they end up being separate from the Japan servers, but if it does I'll be the first to say I'm not going to pay for it. Sega sure did a very good job of highlighting why separate but equal IS inherently unequal with PSU and PSO.

As for the Great Arms Race weapons, I would wager on those coming out alright mostly because they were all PSO weapons which had been redone for the PSU engine already. All of them were Portable 1 at the very least and you can check yourself if you don't believe me. Its likely that rather than reskinning the event weapons they chose to use weapons which were in the game, but yet to be released in order to give us some GC weapons and to make sure that these were weapons that were actually worth working for. I don't know how well that was thought out, especially considering how much of a slap to the face it was to Beast mains, but it seems like a well meaning idea if not exactly a good one. With any luck perhaps we'll get some kind of an update soon to add in the coming content so that we don't have to deal with problems like this in the future.

Edit: And as for everyone complaining about MAG glitching and scamming, you've either gotten unlucky with the few times you've seen that or are just nitpicking from the masses. While I don't play every run with randoms, the majority I've met are fairly decent people and are hardly plagued with glitchers to the absurd levels that some would suggest. Scammers, while more malicious are fairly easy to avoid most of the time so long as you use street smarts and watch out for obvious trickery. I'm not saying it shouldn't be dealt with by the moderators in the first place, but since they obviously have other things to do than to watch for these things its somewhat up to the player to pay attention a little. Those kinds of things are easy enough to avoid anyway and aren't particularly plentiful.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 16, 2011, 02:23 AM
I honestly hope PSO2 doesn't follow suit in this way for the international servers if they end up being separate from the Japan servers, but if it does I'll be the first to say I'm not going to pay for it. Sega sure did a very good job of highlighting why separate but equal IS inherently unequal with PSU and PSO.

This, if were on the same server as JP, we wont behind content, that will fix one of the problems.

Resanoca
Jul 16, 2011, 02:44 AM
lol MS would just hold us back also if we were on the same server.

desturel
Jul 16, 2011, 02:47 AM
we're paying the same rate as the Japanese

We are not paying the same rate as the Japanese. We are paying less than the Japanese, this has been covered several times. If this was back in 1999 when 1USD = 120yen, then we would be paying more than the Japanese, but the current exchange rate is 1USD = 79yen. We are paying less than the Japanese by a good amount.

http://www.xe.com/

Global Currency is an important thing to keep track of for anyone who is playing an international game.

Crysteon
Jul 16, 2011, 02:47 AM

We all blame MS for our own misfortune.

Oh, hi Tedo :3

gordon/alpha999
Jul 16, 2011, 03:00 AM

M$ is evil, the are just trying to cover up their evilness with fun things like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3QlYvWBQxU&feature=related

I hope for the of best PSO2, and please don't kill us wilh fire for a second time SEG@.

On topic: HOPEFULLY, when if/they add the grind-boost and our other awards, they might just fix these, or just leave them LIKE THEY LEFT previous weapons and boards needed to be corrected.

I'm done complaining for today: GOODNIGHT.

Noc Codez
Jul 16, 2011, 03:05 AM
not all the ppl are scammers and MAG gun glichers. im sorry to say this but if thats all you see then how about opening your eyes a little bit.

Have you been to the 4th/5th floor ?

List of things demo players are doing as of right now..

1.Spamming their shops

2. scamming in their shops and 4/5TH floor {Yes their was scamming before but never at this magnitude.

3. MGG.. oh yea this was rampant during the GAR.. How do you think GRM kept so close to yohmei.

4. Selling Porn pics... {We never had this till demo shut down sorry but it's the truth}

Must I honestly go on ? Our server are becoming the Demo.. our GM does nothing and sits back and watches this happen.. and the whole time he is doing this he claims he's helping us.. We'll here's some news for you. A GM job is to support and listen to his employer. This is why he can't tell us what's going on and will even lie to us about Content.. because let's face facts. It keeps him from being unemployed.

bloodflowers
Jul 16, 2011, 03:25 AM
We are not paying the same rate as the Japanese. We are paying less than the Japanese, this has been covered several times. If this was back in 1999 when 1USD = 120yen, then we would be paying more than the Japanese, but the current exchange rate is 1USD = 79yen. We are paying less than the Japanese by a good amount.

http://www.xe.com/

Global Currency is an important thing to keep track of for anyone who is playing an international game.

Actually when the game launched the exchange rates were such that $10 was about 1150 yen, and where I live in the UK the subscription worked out as 1536 yen. It was always supposed to cost about the same amount in each country, and in terms of relative local worth it still does. You might get away with arguing that it justifies the schedule slip (well, really it doesn't at all, but it would be less of a losing argument), but it doesn't justify not getting the same base content, 18 months later.

bloodflowers
Jul 16, 2011, 03:30 AM
our GM does nothing and sits back and watches this happen..

Oh that's not entirely true, while ignoring questions on their facebook page, someone at Sega did find the time to ban me from commenting on it, for linking to a comparison between the Chaos Cannon and Liberty Cannon.

Noc Codez
Jul 16, 2011, 03:42 AM
Oh that's not entirely true, while ignoring questions on their facebook page, someone at Sega did find the time to ban me from commenting on it, for linking to a comparison between the Chaos Cannon and Liberty Cannon.

Are you kidding me K/bit..That's a new low even for them...

mAsTeR OuTi
Jul 16, 2011, 04:04 AM
only the cowards and lame ass players leave the servers...the rly good ones stay and have fun...but its good to se all the complainers leave...no lost at all^^

greatz

mAsTeR

Orochinagi
Jul 16, 2011, 04:08 AM
Actually when the game launched the exchange rates were such that $10 was about 1150 yen, and where I live in the UK the subscription worked out as 1536 yen. It was always supposed to cost about the same amount in each country, and in terms of relative local worth it still does. You might get away with arguing that it justifies the schedule slip (well, really it doesn't at all, but it would be less of a losing argument), but it doesn't justify not getting the same base content, 18 months later.

^This. Thank you for going there before I did. I was gonna ask if US players playing on JP servers payed a secret "additional fee" besides the norm that I was unaware of.

Fredy+
Jul 16, 2011, 04:08 AM
only the cowards and lame ass players leave the servers...the rly good ones stay and have fun...but its good to se all the complainers leave...no lost at all^^

greatz

mAsTeR

Words right out of my mouth.

All the complainers/bi**** people can leave all they want.

And idc what the weapons look like just care about them numbers on the screen.

Slayer76
Jul 16, 2011, 05:44 AM
Words right out of my mouth.

All the complainers/bi**** people can leave all they want.

The complaining really isn't just about the weapons, its just the fact that segac has horrible service. I don't know how long you've been on the game but if you've been around for 4+ years you can clearly see how we have fallen way behind JP and how the service and gotten progressively crappier. we are paying $10 a month for crap service that keeps getting worse. That simple fact is whats pissing people off. In my mind, people who have been on here for a year or less can't even realize how screwed over we are

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jul 16, 2011, 06:39 AM
The complaining really isn't just about the weapons, its just the fact that segac has horrible service. I don't know how long you've been on the game but if you've been around for 4+ years you can clearly see how we have fallen way behind JP and how the service and gotten progressively crappier. we are paying $10 a month for crap service that keeps getting worse. That simple fact is whats pissing people off. In my mind, people who have been on here for a year or less can't even realize how screwed over we are

I understand where you're coming from, but I can't agree that the service has been getting worse lately. We've been getting frequent updates and as someone said earlier, even though Sega most likely knew we wouldn't be getting the correct skins they decided to expedite our updates minus the proper look anyway just to give us something rather than nothing.

Bottom line is that no matter what they do people are going to be unhappy. Overall this is the most ungrateful community I've seen, if we don't get what we want, we cry foul, if we do, we still cry foul. I'm shocked that they even bother to try at all honestly.

Oh and for the record I've been on the game since day 3 so yes I do remember the good ol' days of literally no new content for months on end, room hacks and meseta duping.

My stance on all the rage about "How much this game sucks" is if you're not having fun, then play something else. Games are here for our entertainment, something to spend our free time on for enjoyment. If the thing you choose to spend your time on is angering you this much then it might be time for a break.

And lastly, paying a sub fee technically does not give you the "right" to start screaming at the company. Our sub entitles us to play the game. Again, if you're not happy with the product, take your money somewhere else. That will get through to them a lot better than endlessly bashing the company.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 16, 2011, 06:48 AM

You will care when they start doing that to every new item that comes here, unless you want to be stuck in the past.

Seg@ has missused the term unique and turned it into complete fuckery.

darkante
Jul 16, 2011, 06:48 AM
Would be a little more forgiving if they were able to change the "unique" weapons to the right visual appearance on a later update. Just saying.
Doubt it happen though.

THLPSC
Jul 16, 2011, 07:02 AM
Some people on 360 have their head so far up their ass its not even funny.

Slayer76
Jul 16, 2011, 09:12 AM
I understand where you're coming from, but I can't agree that the service has been getting worse lately. We've been getting frequent updates and as someone said earlier, even though Sega most likely knew we wouldn't be getting the correct skins they decided to expedite our updates minus the proper look anyway just to give us something rather than nothing.

Bottom line is that no matter what they do people are going to be unhappy. Overall this is the most ungrateful community I've seen, if we don't get what we want, we cry foul, if we do, we still cry foul. I'm shocked that they even bother to try at all honestly.

Oh and for the record I've been on the game since day 3 so yes I do remember the good ol' days of literally no new content for months on end, room hacks and meseta duping.

My stance on all the rage about "How much this game sucks" is if you're not having fun, then play something else. Games are here for our entertainment, something to spend our free time on for enjoyment. If the thing you choose to spend your time on is angering you this much then it might be time for a break.

And lastly, paying a sub fee technically does not give you the "right" to start screaming at the company. Our sub entitles us to play the game. Again, if you're not happy with the product, take your money somewhere else. That will get through to them a lot better than endlessly bashing the company.

I myself am not raging. And i didn't mean the days when the real game had slightly more content then the demo i meant around 1Up and Aoti. I realized a long time ago that theres no real point in getting genuinely upset over this game.

I'm just trying to help point out why this small reskinning issue has created such a thread. There could have been a future for PS games on the US/EU servers but that hope has gone seeing how we pretty much get screwed over because we don't contribute as much to their income as Jp servers, we probably only generate 5-10% of it if that, and they are partially to blame for that for most likely being greedy like MS and not wanting to cut a deal over GC.

And as far as the fee goes, other MMOs have a slightly higher fee but get MUCH better service and content. Plus not to mention the fact that they don't screw over a certain region due to income percentages.

This is a forum and people do have a right to complain about the service they're paying for if they don't feel they are getting what they paid for. And the fact that people complain show that a lot of people like the game and want better service/treatment,in most cases, and quiting is the last thing they want to do.

Sorry if this post comes off as aggresive in any way, I'm not trying to be rude to you or anyone else

Shadowth117
Jul 16, 2011, 09:50 AM

You're absolutely right. We could just go play something else. The thing is that the potential I at the very least see in this game is great and at its core I don't believe its a bad game. But if this kind of treatment had happened on both servers the Japan servers would be far less popular than they are now and I get the feeling it wouldn't be still going.

In fact a lot of the time it seems like our preview of what's to come from the Japan servers keeps us going. However when we don't get exactly what they have, especially when its plain to see if you do your homework that we should, its rather disappointing and discouraging to loyal players. I can't say I've been here since the beginning like some of you, but that doesn't mean I haven't heard about it from people who have. It doesn't mean I haven't gone back and looked at Sega's treatment of the game.

The fact that we're paying a sub-fee for this means even more since in our servers the updates before a few months ago were more comparable to a free to play MMO in frequency and what was expected. And the sad thing is that many free to play MMO's update more often.

This game came out nearly the same time worldwide and somehow the Japan servers are roughly 1-2 years ahead of us in updates and their servers don't suffer the indignity of things like re-skins. Heck, it even seems like they poke fun at it names like the Liberty Cannon. If you seriously don't see anything wrong with their treatment of the international servers than I have little to say to you.

milranduil
Jul 16, 2011, 09:58 AM

greatz

mAsTeR

Or the players that leave are actually the smart ones who want to get what they pay for by coming to JP :p

DragonForce
Jul 16, 2011, 10:10 AM
only the cowards and lame ass players leave the servers...the rly good ones stay and have fun...but its good to se all the complainers leave...no lost at all

So I'm intimidated or scared of facing danger OR I'm lame because I don't want segac's 3rd-world service? Because when it's all said and done, the only people sticking around this game are the demofags and e-daters.

DoperDan420x
Jul 16, 2011, 11:33 AM
is it that hard to re-skin a weapon in this game? besides, how far behind the Japaneese are we? it feels like were the red-headed, freckeled step child of the JP PSU, and the're our far eastern, redneck, drunk parents. feeding us the bare minimun to survive. if this is where PSU is heading, i will be quitting as well. finding new weapons is half the game. if thats gone, whats left for us? :rant:

Kizer497
Jul 16, 2011, 11:34 AM
For the most part I understand the situation on whats going on with the weapons. I just feel like, If they are going to release content from a title up date they should wait until they decide to give us the update so it would be less complaining. When I first got the nivlhaze, I was thing It was going to look like the ignes but nope twin dbs. Hopefuly we get the tile up date because most of the complainers are right. Honestly if this really was going to turn into a huge issue like this, it should have been on the ps3 or make the pc version over seas.why do Microsoft have to approve a update. That's retarded in my opinion.

desturel
Jul 16, 2011, 11:35 AM

I'm not arguing that it is the reason for the schedule slip. I'm arguing that people don't know basic math. Every time they say "we are paying the same amount", it is an easily provable falsehood.

desturel
Jul 16, 2011, 11:36 AM
^This. Thank you for going there before I did. I was gonna ask if US players playing on JP servers payed a secret "additional fee" besides the norm that I was unaware of.

They sure do, check your credit card bill and tell me how much your bank charges you for a 1250yen fee.

DoperDan420x
Jul 16, 2011, 11:42 AM

i wasnt asking them to rush this content to me, i just got done chilling out from that great arms race myself... i would have liked for them to take thier time and present everything that was ment to be, even if its one or two weeks later.

oG Epik
Jul 16, 2011, 12:08 PM
i wasnt asking them to rush this content to me, i just got done chilling out from that great arms race myself... i would have liked for them to take thier time and present everything that was ment to be, even if its one or two weeks later.

This^ if they cant put out what is supposed to be out then take some fucking time to make it right instead of putting it out there to get it done then fix it in later updates stupid fucking sega

THLPSC
Jul 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
For the most part I understand the situation on whats going on with the weapons. I just feel like, If they are going to release content from a title up date they should wait until they decide to give us the update so it would be less complaining. When I first got the nivlhaze, I was thing It was going to look like the ignes but nope twin dbs. Hopefuly we get the tile up date because most of the complainers are right. Honestly if this really was going to turn into a huge issue like this, it should have been on the ps3 or make the pc version over seas.why do Microsoft have to approve a update. That's retarded in my opinion.

There is going to be no title update to fix the skins of these weapons and people who think there is are sad and naive.

iBaylin
Jul 16, 2011, 12:27 PM
I walk in every few days to check up on the game, see another topic of utter failance from Segac, watch as all the poor, helpless players cry to deaf ears, and then the few delusionals actually defend Sega's incompetence.

Sega really does not care about the 360/overseas version of this game. They really do not care. They're doing things that ANY western-born company would get eaten alive for. I realized this and quit all the way back during the MAG ordeal. Everytime i think about dropping $10 just to check up on the status of the servers, im promptly reminded about why it's a stupid idea.

Lol You are right about them. I can never understand why. :-?

bloodflowers
Jul 16, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'm not arguing that it is the reason for the schedule slip. I'm arguing that people don't know basic math. Every time they say "we are paying the same amount", it is an easily provable falsehood.

Except in real terms as a portion of income, they're still about the same, and they go to different parts of the company anyway. Video rental costs more in the UK than in the US, does that mean that the same film I pay for, should be partially in black and white in the US?

They sure do, check your credit card bill and tell me how much your bank charges you for a 1250yen fee.

And that depends on your bank. I pay: 0.

desturel
Jul 16, 2011, 02:24 PM
Except in real terms as a portion of income, they're still about the same, and they go to different parts of the company anyway. Video rental costs more in the UK than in the US, does that mean that the same film I pay for, should be partially in black and white in the US?

If I buy a Xbox360 from Amazon UK and pay £180 (GBP) for it, then I go to Amazon.com and buy a Xbox360 for $300 (USD), then I go to Amazon CA and buy an Xbox360 for $300 (CDN), which system was the cheapest assuming no VAT, GST, Shipping, or Customs fees?

If an American joins the Japanese servers will s/he be paying more or less money than s/he does when s/he plays on the American servers.

Mordi
Jul 16, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'm a connoisseur of knobs.
That a boy!

RemiusTA
Jul 16, 2011, 03:05 PM
To everyone defending Sega's position on this matter?

Shut up. Honestly, there really is no logical explanation for this neglect except "we dont care". The ONLY other excuse i would take is "it's microsoft's fault", and that's only because shit like that actually happens.

If they pull any excuse aside from that, it's because they do not care. Sega is MORE than capable of getting the content onto the 360, if it's anyones fault but Microsoft then they have no excuse whatsoever. They are only incompetent when they want to be. If the US/EU version of the game was anything more than a simple "side project", then they'd simultaneously translate the material as they developed it.

Resanoca
Jul 16, 2011, 04:33 PM

That sounds fair since in a sense we have two accounts in one. :3

THLPSC
Jul 16, 2011, 05:15 PM
That sounds fair since in a sense we have two accounts in one. :3

I know in reality we are paying less.

RemiusTA
Jul 16, 2011, 05:49 PM
Only if the USD is currently stronger than Yen by ratio.

THLPSC
Jul 16, 2011, 06:05 PM
We get 2 accounts in one on JP
1 account 7$ + 1 account 7 $ JP
1 account 10$ xbox

Powder Keg
Jul 16, 2011, 06:32 PM
this is just about enough for me to throw the towel. One of the biggest reasons I would play PSO/PSU was to get some cool looking weapons. If they all look the same, then what the hell is the point? It'll be a long waiting game figuring out whether or not we're getting the visual content for these newer weapons.

Sinue_v2
Jul 16, 2011, 08:19 PM
To everyone defending Sega's position on this matter?

Shut up. Honestly, there really is no logical explanation for this neglect except "we dont care".

Where's that video of George Carlin describing the process of "Servicing the Account" when you need it...

Edit: FOUND IT!
[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SibF7GIOiSU
[/spoiler-box]

oG Epik
Jul 16, 2011, 08:29 PM
Where's that video of George Carlin describing the process of "Servicing the Account" when you need it...

This has to be the best thing i have seen on this site if there was a life button on this site i would make new accs to keep liking it lol

Orochinagi
Jul 17, 2011, 01:03 AM
For all the "excuses" out there that I am reading, my response to this leads to one simple question that really only Sega could answer: Why the hell don't they give us the option to PAY MORE??? Every business likes money. We should have been given this option if payment was an issue. I can assure you that at least 85% of the loyal players on this server would not mind paying the extra few bucks if it meant not being behind schedule and getting the content that we deserve. As far as this "uniqueness" horse manure goes, if our PSU is as Edwards states "a different game" then it should NOT have the same name as the JP version. They need to call there's PSU Blue Burst or some dumb s&!t. Make a premium and regular edition so to speak and the citizens of Gurhal would all be happy ppl.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jul 17, 2011, 01:15 AM
For all the "excuses" out there that I am reading, my response to this leads to one simple question that really only Sega could answer: Why the hell don't they give us the option to PAY MORE??? Every business likes money. We should have been given this option if payment was an issue. I can assure you that at least 85% of the loyal players on this server would not mind paying the extra few bucks if it meant not being behind schedule and getting the content that we deserve. As far as this "uniqueness" horse manure goes, if our PSU is as Edwards states "a different game" then it should NOT have the same name as the JP version. They need to call there's PSU Blue Burst or some dumb s&!t. Make a premium and regular edition so to speak and the citizens of Gurhal would all be happy ppl.

The problem with this idea being implemented, (this is pure speculation), is that Sega is branched into different divisions, and each division handles a different branch of the game. (I.E. SOJ for PC and SOA for 360). Add to that the fact that they must clear things with Microsoft as well, and it turns into "One major corperation trying to co-operate with another major corperation" and since they both want it done their way it never works out for the best.

As it stands, not only is Sega having to negotiate with Microsoft, but itself as well and due to this situation, there have been many problems.

You are right however, the fact is that if it was a simple matter of charging a little more to implement all the content we want, most people wouldn't have any issues with it, and this whole "unique" thing, while true to an extent, seems to be just another excuse.

unicorn
Jul 17, 2011, 01:38 AM
I swear all of ya'll shoulda seen this shit coming when the PC servers when down.

HienkyakuX
Jul 17, 2011, 02:06 AM
Well apart from the weapons that had this rant going on; can anyone confirm what other weapon from this list got *unique skin*

JP-----------------------------360
Exam-------------------------Nivellum
Exam+-----------------------Nivellum+
Yonohate Fu----------------Karakuri
Christmas Tree Spear----Hand Spear X
Black Requiem-------------Violent Thorn
Ignis-------------------------Nivelhaze
Ignis+-----------------------Nivelhaze+
Twin Diabolic---------------Verzegrys
Egg Blaster-----------------Cyclone
Poron------------------------Arco Amoroso
Poron Poron----------------Arco Doloroso
Merry Christmas-----------Koltova Gun X
Pinky Shooter--------------Pure Mischief
Cutie Shooter--------------Vigor Mischief
Chaos Cannon-------------Liberty Cannon
Twin Egg Blasters---------Twin Cyclone
Plantain Leaf---------------Dallgunrod

Noc Codez
Jul 17, 2011, 02:11 AM
Everything from this point on will have" Unique" skins.. the thing that ticks me off is we followed JP since the release of PSU and now all of a sudden were a unique server.. To me and many other on US/EU feels as if it's a cop out to their laziness. I understand some just care for the numbers the new weapons do.. But look at it this way do we really need 3 versions of Vahra claws? I think not..

gordon/alpha999
Jul 17, 2011, 06:18 PM
So..., everything from PSP1 and PSŲ will not be reskins? <__< Would that include clothes too? >__>

DPShiro
Jul 18, 2011, 01:12 AM
So..., everything from PSP1 and PSŲ will not be reskins? <__< Would that include clothes too? >__>

Probably. And PSP1 didnt have any new cloths except the PM outfits =/

Noc Codez
Jul 18, 2011, 01:29 AM
Shiro is correct. The only new clothes/parts we have to look forward to are the PM replicas.. all those cool/awsome clothes/parts JP has we will never get or have.....

Omega-z
Jul 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
Actually, isn't the Yonohate Fu a PSzero drop, then it's all the Zero weapon's also you won't get either since it came up blank.:{

HyperShot-X-
Jul 18, 2011, 05:15 PM
I swear all of ya'll shoulda seen this shit coming when the PC servers when down.
yeh, the only difference is there still are daily population thriving on Xbox server(1.5 univ full/8 full stars at peak) and we've had 1 full year worth of content since then(from GAC, AZ, GBRs to GAR). Over reacting troll posts on here are even funnier than the thread itself lol

JP-----------------------------360
Exam-------------------------Nivellum
Exam+-----------------------Nivellum+
Yonohate Fu----------------Karakuri
Christmas Tree Spear----Hand Spear X
Black Requiem-------------Violent Thorn
Ignis-------------------------Nivelhaze
Ignis+-----------------------Nivelhaze+
Twin Diabolic---------------Verzegrys
Egg Blaster-----------------Cyclone
Poron------------------------Arco Amoroso
Poron Poron----------------Arco Doloroso
Merry Christmas-----------Koltova Gun X
Pinky Shooter--------------Pure Mischief
Cutie Shooter--------------Vigor Mischief
Chaos Cannon-------------Liberty Cannon
Twin Egg Blasters---------Twin Cyclone
Plantain Leaf---------------Dallgunrod

None of the above joke items really matters to me except maybe Poron Poron(I put extra care not to make a typo) but 4k DPs for trade-in is a sick joke even to most hardcore vets so it's good riddance not to waste time on crappy stuffs.

Anyways, all of this is not going to matter when PSO2 finally hits by the end of this year 2011 with GLOBAL SUPPORT as promised, so just wait n see. It'd make a little difference for PSU if they actually pull thru and release DLC/title update with new skins+the Upgrade device before then, or else.

If they had half a brain, they would learn from trial & errors of the past 10 years and apply lessons learned on next project, such as - different strategies for supporting different platforms(pc - console).

unicorn
Jul 18, 2011, 07:20 PM
yeh, the only difference is there still are daily population thriving on Xbox server(1.5 univ full/8 full stars at peak) and we've had 1 full year worth of content since then(from GAC, AZ, GBRs to GAR). Over reacting troll posts on here are even funnier than the thread itself lol

You real mad huh?

Seriously. I'm not trollin. Just sipping the true tea.

Nereid
Jul 18, 2011, 08:28 PM
4k DP is anything but a joke, lol. Stamp Shop+new trade in items makes that rather quick and easy for anyone that is dedicated to getting the items..

Crysteon
Jul 18, 2011, 09:00 PM
4k DP is anything but a joke, lol. Stamp Shop+new trade in items makes that rather quick and easy for anyone that is dedicated to getting the items..

It was actually hard to get 4k DP before Stamp Shop before. I was one of those few who got to 4k DP using Beef weps + rare monster candy drops.

Nereid
Jul 18, 2011, 09:05 PM
I worded that post weird but I guess you understood it anyways. Yeah, I would have NEVER tried if they didn't release Vol Curry and the like, lol..

Crysteon
Jul 18, 2011, 09:54 PM
I worded that post weird but I guess you understood it anyways. Yeah, I would have NEVER tried if they didn't release Vol Curry and the like, lol..

I know, lol...I'm just confirming it was hell before ;<

Quatre52
Jul 18, 2011, 10:47 PM
Rather disappointing, but not a real concern. There's always the thought that once the next update is out it can fix these current problems, no real reason to assume they wont give us that update with how often we've been getting things for many months now.

Still, even if thats not the case, I've never played PSU for the items, if I did, I would have quit back on dreamcast PSO when nothing ever dropped....I play this game to have fun with friends, that wont change because of this, so I see no reason to leave right now, besides, with my luck over the history of Phantasy Star, none of these items will drop for me anyways :p

Kizer497
Jul 20, 2011, 12:11 AM
Everything from this point on will have" Unique" skins.. the thing that ticks me off is we followed JP since the release of PSU and now all of a sudden were a unique server.. To me and many other on US/EU feels as if it's a cop out to their laziness. I understand some just care for the numbers the new weapons do.. But look at it this way do we really need 3 versions of Vahra claws? I think not..
Your rite about that. If they so called couldn't get the jp skins, then they could have just made us some exclusive stuff and players would be happy.

gordon/alpha999
Jul 20, 2011, 01:01 AM
Were obviously an kubara copy of SoJ.

AnonymousHat00
Jul 21, 2011, 01:42 AM
Have you been to the 4th/5th floor ?

List of things demo players are doing as of right now..

1.Spamming their shops

2. scamming in their shops and 4/5TH floor {Yes their was scamming before but never at this magnitude.

3. MGG.. oh yea this was rampant during the GAR.. How do you think GRM kept so close to yohmei.

4. Selling Porn pics... {We never had this till demo shut down sorry but it's the truth}

Must I honestly go on ? Our server are becoming the Demo.. our GM does nothing and sits back and watches this happen.. and the whole time he is doing this he claims he's helping us.. We'll here's some news for you. A GM job is to support and listen to his employer. This is why he can't tell us what's going on and will even lie to us about Content.. because let's face facts. It keeps him from being unemployed.

Yea sure but what do you expect from people that come from the demo, they never really got banned for it, but now that they are on the real game they will get banned for it.

and to be completely honest I'm in missions almost all the time, and if im not im in my room. so the only time i ever see things like that is when im in the lobby, and even then i just IGNORE THEM. Most ppl have common sense to know when someones trying to scam.