PDA

View Full Version : a question about soul of steel

Raven5_1
Mar 16, 2003, 05:38 PM
just what do you do with the mag cell?

_yael
Mar 16, 2003, 06:21 PM
nothing.

its a quest board item so its just there.

in normal you just get it. In hard you get more info on the m comps running rogal (can I call them the magi like in EVA?) and it glows and says gets bigger.

I haven't done it on vhard or ult yet. I don't think you do squat w/ it.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 16, 2003, 09:37 PM
If you manage to evolve it 3 times you get the chance to see the "good" ending.

Raven5_1
Mar 17, 2003, 02:09 PM
how do you evolve it?

FluxGryphon
Mar 17, 2003, 06:10 PM
On 2003-03-17 11:09, Raven5_1 wrote:
how do you evolve it?

I've gotten the Mag to evolve twice. The first time occurred after Montague talks about the computer screen and the three computer systems. After the conversation finishes, you get a glowly light and a message that says the Mag moved. If you check the quest board it says it looks like the Mag Cell is getting bigger. If you go towards where Ult appears the first time after you sneak into the military area, an earthquake will occur in the corridor before the room she's in. Instead of going into the room where Ult appears, go back and check your map. Eleanor and Montague should have moved into another room not far from the corridor where the quake trigger occurs. Go and talk to them and the Mag will evolve again.

Now the third evolution is the one I'm stumped on. I've checked a couple of guides and scripts online and apparently you need to clear the Bernie and Sue side-quests. The sources I've read conflict on some of the details, but to start the quests you have to tell Sue your name in Doctor Osto's Research. Doing so of course means you cannot get the Soul Eater, since you can not tell Sue your name in order to get that.

PSOW has some information on the Sue and Bernie side-quests at http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=475. As an added insurance, talk to Bernie in Unsealed Door before you talk to Sue and have her join you. Then, once you've completed the quest, tell Sue your name and go talk to Bernie again. If it worked right, he should tell you more about Sue. I've had some problems with this part after having cleared all the quests with my RAmar. (But in retrospect, that was probably because it was on Normal difficulty...Hmmm...) If Bernie doesn't talk to you after telling Sue your name, check to see if you've cleared Secret Delivery. I had that quest cleared when I got it to work with my HUmar on Very Hard. (Bernie seems to think you've met before, so unless there's a continuity Sonic Team bug, it'd be kinda weird for him to recognize you without actually having met before.)

Hope that helps some. I'm still researching the topic myself...

FluxGryphon
Mar 31, 2003, 05:50 PM
Okay, update. Once you complete the Bernie and Sue side-quests, the Mag will be able to evolve three times. Sue will appear before you go into the Ruins during the quest and after the cut-scene talk with her the Mag will evolve for the third time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dhylec
May 18, 2003, 03:37 PM
hm i'll go try this out soon.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif