PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Newbie looking for answers

Matsuda
Jul 18, 2011, 06:15 PM
Hello all,

I just started the PSU party a little late, right about when the Great Arms Race started with a friend who wanted someone to try it with. Not after a few days later, said friend has kinda disappeared and left me wading though this alone. Looking for a few answers to kinda understand what to do:

1) I notice we have a new event, but I don't understand the goal of it. GAR had a killcount board-thing, and the manufacturer rankings, plus the reward of a weapon. This one seems a bit confusing from what I'm reading on PSUpedia. Ranks? Points? Boosts? Rewards? Advice?

2) Seems everyone doing GAR has migrated to the next event; 4th floor is still a squatters paradise. Is this the usual trend, hopping from event to event lobbies, or are there some "regular" spots that people frequent. From what I understand, the White Beast lobby is, but are there others?

3) I really enjoy playing Guntecher; shoots stuff, casts some things, doesn't fraid of anything. I'm a Human, level 68/13 GT, and been looking for direction. Most Googles of "optimal" setups usually end up with people saying "CAST do this" or "no real best setup". Pallet-wise, I've purchased a Rikauteri and Rikau-senba on the cheap from GAR funds, plus have stuck with the best NPC crossbow and random wand/TCSM I could buy. Also, I have every element for each, and I'm working on Crossbow PAs during our boost. Am I gravitating to the right area?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Kay Jay
Jul 19, 2011, 04:54 AM
Don't worry to much about the event it's more to do with finding rare weapons than anything else and at your level you won't be able to run the missions that drop anything of real value. You would do better taking advantage of the pa levelling boost that is going on at the moment. I would advise you to run seed express as that is a great place to level pa's.

Matsuda
Jul 19, 2011, 12:31 PM
Don't worry to much about the event it's more to do with finding rare weapons than anything else and at your level you won't be able to run the missions that drop anything of real value. You would do better taking advantage of the pa levelling boost that is going on at the moment. I would advise you to run seed express as that is a great place to level pa's.

Thank you for the tip Kay Jay! I went and did a quick C run of Seed Express and got one more Crossbow element to level 11; 1 to go and then I'm off to 21 for each. Should I run these on a higher rank, or does kill speed have no real factor?

Kay Jay
Jul 19, 2011, 01:55 PM
You should run it on the hardest level you can the more you shoot the more you level those pa's. You should also get those shotguns leveled they are very important for a guntecher.

TheAstarion
Jul 24, 2011, 08:48 PM
Yep, PA experience is based on number of hits, not how fast you kill dudes. Using the "wrong" element is pretty good for levelling as since you do less damage, you get more hits before your pinata enemy dies.

As for the new "event", the idea is to run the four GBR missions on the Colony more or less equally. You get GBR points for each run you do, and you get a personal drop boost to the GBR missions based on the mission you have the least points for (black nest probably). The idea of GBRs is usually to raise awareness of the new missions and new ranks of existing missions. Each player's drop boost contributes, to the maximum of 50% each, or 300% for the entire party.

And as for Guntecher (more like Funtecher, am I right?) tips... I usually pair a left-handed gun with a wand. Keep a heal handy at all times to beat lag, for instance, and an attack spell to nail weaknesses. Diga for motherbrain. Megid for robots strong against bullets but weak to instant death. I'd ditch the Rikau-Senba for an S-rank armour (Rabol Orachio is an awesome one for WT, GT, PT and *shudder* FiG) and stock up on S-rank power and stamina units. Keep your A-rank har/quick or har/smart, and your /resists of choice, or go for a vijeri/rainbow to boost elemental resistance.
Try weapons you haven't been using, you might like them. Cards are awesome on GT, even though they only get A-ranks. It's essentially a less stylish crossbow that homes in. By tweaking the camera you can hit even flying bosses with it too, so that's nice.

Human is the most useless of the races until endgame, because everything it can do, someone else can do better. Once you hit 180, or go into GAMs endlessly, you can start to customise your classes, though. This is where the human begins to shine, he can pile on more customisations than any other race. The maximum for each field is the same as other races, so a twingun-focused CAST will always be better than a twingun-focused human... but the human can pump up his bow, his crossbow and his machinegun at the same time, while the CAST can only pick one... or spread himself thinner than the human. But the CAST can't let the human get too far ahead; he still has the SUV, which the human will likely never be able to match.

Meanwhile, I play a Beast Wartecher as my main, so don't go branding me a CAST supremacist!

rayner
Jul 29, 2011, 12:31 PM
My main character is a Guntecher and I have a blast playing with him, and with GAMs there is so much customization. I currently go with getting lv 50 Bullets in Crossbow, Longbow & Twin Handgun... and I also rock Attack Techs and plan to get to lv 40 with Fire, Ice, Dark Ground. I find that a perfect mission to level all my PA's is The Dark God. I would also choose between Shotgun and Crossbow... I chose Crossbow because it's unique to the Class ( Guntecher is the only S-Rank Crossbow user ) I like using Attack Techs on Bullet-resistant enemies and Gi-Spells as I'm usually in the think and close to others for a Resta / Giresta.

Human Guntecher is one of the most versitile classes out there, not many of us around sadly.