PDA

View Full Version : Game Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3

Milla
Jul 20, 2011, 11:00 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Marvel-Capcom-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B005C7R8I8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1311176840&sr=8-6

Hawkeye, Firebrand, Ghost Rider and Strider confirmed so far.

Rashiid
Jul 20, 2011, 11:14 AM
I love fighting games, lol. Super Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Times Infinite coming out in 2012, as well as Ultra Omega Duper Street Fighter IV.

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2011, 11:51 AM
Why do companies decide to put a few extra things into a game, and then re-release it? It would be better off as DLC. I'd be pissed if I already bought MvC3.

Tyreek
Jul 20, 2011, 12:09 PM
LMAO. And people suspected that they would do this. Just like Super Street Fighter IV. Now then...

Firebrand

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rashiid
Jul 20, 2011, 12:55 PM
Strider will be the new Dante, lol.

Tyreek
Jul 20, 2011, 01:03 PM
Had to repost this since the videos crapped out on the post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKDwbBDl1o&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ru197JEk8Yg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dIvewlH_oC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DlZgDB17VZ0

Tetsaru
Jul 20, 2011, 01:31 PM
..........Goddamnit, Capcom.

Milla
Jul 20, 2011, 01:36 PM
All new characters leaked.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/20/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-humongous-character-leaks/

Damn that was fast, new record?

Vergil = Fan girl scream!

Nitro Vordex
Jul 20, 2011, 01:55 PM
Phoenix Wright? Oh for fuck's sake, Capcom. You give us Phoenix Wright but not Megaman. The hell with you.

I don't even recognize most of those characters, aside from Frank West and Nemesis. Who the hell is Vergil?

Tyreek
Jul 20, 2011, 01:55 PM
The most I can remember from here is Dr. Strange and Iron Fist. I'm glad they heard the fans cry for Dr. Strange though lol. And the racoon goes by the name Rocket Racoon. Don't know where the hell he is from. And the guy in the gold armor goes by the name Nova. But anyway,

Here's the art. *Spoilers beware*

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/goldenpp72/NOMEGAMANWHYY.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Nitro Vordex
Jul 20, 2011, 01:59 PM
Actually, I'm going to laugh if Phoenix Wright ends up being the Dan of MvC3.

PhotonDrop
Jul 20, 2011, 02:06 PM
Oh boy, I can't wait to play against Dante/Wesker/Vergil wearing all black outfits! :disapprove:

All these new characters and they're still missing Jin Saotome, Captain Commando, Megaman and Cyclops. But what the hell, Hawkeye and Iron Fist make this a day 1 purchase. :)

Also MODOK's Elvis alt

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2011, 02:23 PM
Why does the whole world hate megaman. ]:

-I MEAN YAY WRIGHT,STRIDER AND DR.STRANGE!

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2011, 02:25 PM
I feel bad for all those fools that will have to re-purchase MvC3 just for a handful of new characters.

Though, I will admit that Frank West is a weird, but awesome addition.

PhotonDrop
Jul 20, 2011, 02:27 PM
I feel bad for all those fools that will have to re-purchase MvC3 just for a handful of new characters.

Considering how Jill and Shuma-Gorath were $5 each, $40 dollars for twelve characters, a handful of alternate outfits and some new stages is a bargain.

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2011, 02:35 PM
Considering how Jill and Shuma-Gorath were $5 each, $40 dollars for twelve characters, a handful of alternate outfits and some new stages is a bargain.

Maybe to some, but certainly not everyone.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 20, 2011, 02:40 PM
ROFLMAO! Phoenix Wright! W.T.F.!!!

Phoenix Wright: OBJECTION!

K.O.!

Akaimizu
Jul 20, 2011, 02:44 PM
Frank West was supposed to be in the original Marvel vs. Capcom 3. In fact, he already was, just coded out of the game at the last minute. So in a way, Frank West isn't an addition as much as a slight fix and an enable.

But I can't believe they just might force my hand in getting this because they put in Firebrand. (I never paid for the Shuma and Jill addition, so I guess I saved $10).

And yes. No Megaman. Can't believe they do such a thing to their original 2nd most popular franchise. (I remember the days when Megaman used to be synonymous with the NES system. Second to Mario. If you had NES, you had Megaman)

Phoenix Wright was actually a character a number of fans (even here) clammored for. I'm a bit surprised they actually put him in, though. Looks like the SF guys are allowed to take fan suggestions. :)

FOkyasuta
Jul 20, 2011, 02:46 PM
A perfect well **** moment.

Rashiid
Jul 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
This game should be interesting to watch when friends get it.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 20, 2011, 03:08 PM
Especialy if someone is using Phoenix Wright!
I hope he has a move where he points at the oponent and shouts "OBJECTION!"

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2011, 03:09 PM
Looks like the SF guys are allowed to take fan suggestions. :)

This...

Hmph...

I'm assuming phoenix wright's words will hurt people, I hope one of his specials summons the judge, or something.

Milla
Jul 20, 2011, 03:11 PM
Especialy if someone is using Phoenix Wright!
I hope he has a move where he points at the oponent and shouts "OBJECTION!"

He better! I mean what else can he do?

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 20, 2011, 03:14 PM
This...

Hmph...

I'm assuming phoenix wright's words will hurt people, I hope one of his specials summons the judge, or something.

He can call Miles Edgeworth when all of his bars are full.
The oponents flee in terror and Phoenix Wright instantly wins.

darkante
Jul 20, 2011, 03:26 PM
I look forward on how PW pans out.
But seriously, i´m equally stumped on why Megaman still isn´t in.

Did Capcom suddenly just got tired of him since he didn´t generate enough cash or something?
I personally could never get tired of the blue bomber..>.<

Rashiid
Jul 20, 2011, 03:26 PM
He can beat people up with random courtroom...stuff. Gavels, benches, books, folders. You know, all that stuff that can hurt!

PhotonDrop
Jul 20, 2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe to some, but certainly not everyone.

No, you are definitely saving money by buying a whole new disc. I do not support such shady marketing tactics but this is a deal, especially for someone that didn't even buy the first MvC3.

Ishia
Jul 20, 2011, 03:35 PM
I was contemplating getting MvC3, but I will wait for this instead!

Tyreek
Jul 20, 2011, 03:41 PM
November 15th. Plenty of time for some decision making.

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2011, 03:51 PM
No, you are definitely saving money by buying a whole new disc. I do not support such shady marketing tactics but this is a deal, especially for someone that didn't even buy the first MvC3.

Well, to people that don't have MvC3, but wanted to get it, this announcement is definitely great news. It would be for me as well if I didn't abhor every fighting game outside of the Soul Calibur series.

Dre_o
Jul 20, 2011, 04:33 PM
Just got the original MVC 3 for thirty bucks. I'll wait for the third iteration, it should be out Q1 2012 at this rate.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 20, 2011, 04:39 PM
Just got the original MVC 3 for thirty bucks. I'll wait for the third iteration, it should be out Q1 2012 at this rate.

I LOL'D how you said that, like you KNOW it's coming.

"ULTRA MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3! NOW FEATURING MEGAMAN FINALLY!?"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2011, 06:22 PM
Frank West was supposed to be in the original Marvel vs. Capcom 3. In fact, he already was, just coded out of the game at the last minute. So in a way, Frank West isn't an addition as much as a slight fix and an enable.

Similar to THawk and DeeJay when fans got note of it. Could've lived a lot better without that Hawk though (SOB!) and DJ became so very creepy while being so so so slow now.

http://consolecreatures.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/frank-west_joins.png?w=496&h=465
Paid $50 to Frank West in the for Americans release TVC, but didn't like how he played, ended up liking Ken the Eagle/Saki/etc. more though. Might need some of that fixed stuff Viewtiful Joe got in a move to Marvel 3 to make him fare better.

Why do companies decide to put a few extra things into a game, and then re-release it? It would be better off as DLC. I'd be pissed if I already bought MvC3.
Resident Evil 5 part 4. Dead Rising 2 Part 7. New Capcom kinda sucks in that part, especially in the DLC cost dept.

--

Oh yeah, the game really needs Gill to combat Phoenix with someone else who can 5 bar-whole extra character Resurrection and one 7 hit combo kill you off. Make her taste the Rainbow of Death.

Robert_Garcia
Jul 20, 2011, 06:44 PM
Needs moar Cable

Shattered_weasel
Jul 20, 2011, 07:11 PM
My reaction while looking at the picture with the other leaked chars was...

"Fuck yea! Dr. Strange! FUCK YEA! IRON FIST! FSSSSSSUCK YEA! ROCKET RACCOON! wait is tha...HOLY FUCK OF YEAS! NOVA!

I hope it is true and Nova had this as his lvl3.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/46928/1757251-nova_annihilus_super.jpg

Delete
Jul 20, 2011, 07:31 PM
^Pulling people's souls outta there mouth might be a bit too much.

Anywho, I also think it's dumb to have to once again buy the same game (knowing that fans like me are gonna do it regardless). Why in the heck can't they just put it on marketplace for 1600 points.....maybe 2400 if they wanna be asses.

GreenThunder
Jul 20, 2011, 07:38 PM
Even though I got MvC3 not too long ago, I know I'll be picking this one up.

Lotta people dislike Capcom right now, but I'm gonna continue my support especially with RECV HD and RE4 HD coming out soon. Can't wait.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 20, 2011, 07:39 PM
^Pulling people's souls outta there mouth might be a bit too much.

Not his soul. He is ripping out his innards.

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2011, 07:47 PM
^
!!!!

That's where I know that guy from!

Yeah, no wonder he got put in the game.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 20, 2011, 07:51 PM
Oh boy.

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is disc-only, you can’t upgrade via DLC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/20/sorry-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-is-disc-only-you-cant-upgrade-via-dlc/

Xefi
Jul 20, 2011, 10:28 PM
Full Roster leaked.. thanks to Capcom's website.. lol...

1. Hawkeye
2. Ghost Rider
3. Strider
4. Firebrand
5. Dr. Strange
6. Phoenix Wright
7. Vergil
8. Frank West
9. Iron Fist
10. Rocket Raccoon
11. Nemesis
12. Nova

wtf @ this sausage fest though...

this got to be a joke, right? not even one female fighter added?
horray for sasauge fest! :cat:

None of the top wanted were added. No Gambit, No Cyclops, No Venom, No Psylocke, No Ms. Marvel. did Capcom smoking crack again?

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2011, 11:04 PM
this got to be a joke, right? not even one female fighter added?
horray for sasauge fest! :cat:

Hey, they can't have any more ladies breaking the atmosphere with their jiggly bits. I'm sure you understand.

Freshellent
Jul 20, 2011, 11:26 PM
Nova is gonna be in it? Sold.

Dr.Strange? Oh - SNAP.

Have a hard enough time deciding who I want to play with the current version, maybe I'll drop Wesker for Nova as my point character... So excited, really glad for this version to come out.

Zyrusticae
Jul 20, 2011, 11:55 PM
PHOENIX FUCKING WRIGHT!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 12:34 AM
I really hope this game comes out on the Vita.

blace
Jul 21, 2011, 01:14 AM
At least this should add a bit more excitement to the game. Nothing but spamming Dante, Zero and X-23 kinda made things a a bit too easy for me. Now to do something about the button mashers that play on 'Easy' setting...

Outrider
Jul 21, 2011, 10:26 AM
Nova and Phoenix Wright? Hell yes.

Do we even need anybody else? (Yes, we need Rocket Raccoon.)

(Also, is there some reason Capcom doesn't like Mega Man anymore? I'm increasingly confused about this.)

FOkyasuta
Jul 21, 2011, 12:16 PM
(Also, is there some reason Capcom doesn't like Mega Man anymore? I'm increasingly confused about this.)
Dunno why, But why arent they milking that blue cow? I mean Sega's doing it... Badly of course... But they should be at least able to do it right!

Hey, they can't have any more ladies breaking the atmosphere with their jiggly bits. I'm sure you understand.

Blame Techmo bro. And besides in every MvC, There has been more dudes then gals. Bubbles been busted bro.

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2011, 12:48 PM
I think they could have had a lot more interesting girls from marvel...

Especially with X-men...

I wonder if Crapcom is still butthurt of keiji quitting.

darkante
Jul 21, 2011, 01:37 PM
I think they could have had a lot more interesting girls from marvel...

Especially with X-men...

I wonder if Crapcom is still butthurt of keiji quitting.

Probably, why else give lame excuses to ditch MML 3.

Weeaboolits
Jul 21, 2011, 02:20 PM
Still no Roll, I am unconvinced.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
I heard that Zero was put in place of Megaman because he had more variations in his moves. Dunno if it's completely true, as I got that from Wikipedia. Still, it's likely.

darkante
Jul 21, 2011, 03:31 PM
How so? A move-set can easiely be changed around so that´s a lame excuse.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 21, 2011, 03:37 PM
How so? A move-set can easiely be changed around so that´s a lame excuse.

That's why I'm unsure of the reason, excuse or not. It came from Wikipedia. But as a MVC3 player, I really didn't care if Mega Man was in the game or not. I prefer Zero anyway.

Here.

From Wikpedia "Mega Man was also ruled out in favor of Zero to represent the franchise as Niitsuma felt Zero had more variation in his moves."

And this is the reference, from an interview.

"SPOnG: The character roster means a lot to everyone playing the Marvel vs Capcom series, so you must get an awful lot of requests. My big question in this regard is Mega Man. You have Zero, but not the original. Where is he?"

Ryota Niitsuma: "I assume you’re talking about the original Mega Man. There was a Mega Man slot for this game - we had room for a character from that series. But when it came to the propriety of that character being in a fighting game, Mega Man has some problems.

If we were to adapt the original Mega Man character into a fighting game he would have to have a lot more extra moves and abilities, and that would then create a different Mega Man entirely. You couldn’t retain his original character as he is. So we looked into other Mega Mans, and decided that Zero had the best list of moves already in existence when it comes to fitting into a fighting game."

Website here http://spong.com/feature/10110305/Interview-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Producer-Ryota-Niitsuma

But yeah, I'll be using Ghost Rider.

Hit you with the Penance Stare!
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/Taijutsu-Joshua/Untitled.png?t=1311282047

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2011, 04:38 PM
Here.

And this is the reference, from an interview.

Website here http://spong.com/feature/10110305/Interview-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Producer-Ryota-Niitsuma

This would be more understandable...

If it didn't contradict him existing in the past games.

and I'd bet Megaman.exe or his Starforce variant would have a lot of abilities compare to just settling with Zero's obvious sword combos.

I bet it was also because most NON-Megaman fans instantly prefer Zero anyway. But for me that kind of makes it an even bigger kick in the face. I dunno about how other Megaman fans think, I just always saw Zero as a "STEAL THE SHOW TO MAKE THIS SERIES COOLER WITH THIS DISGUISE AS A EQUAL LEVEL MAIN HERO" character.

Tyreek
Jul 21, 2011, 05:06 PM
Well, he IS Keiji Inafune's baby.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 21, 2011, 05:54 PM
This would be more understandable...

If it didn't contradict him existing in the past games.

and I'd bet Megaman.exe or his Starforce variant would have a lot of abilities compare to just settling with Zero's obvious sword combos

I felt the same way, I was like "So why was he in MVC2??"
And being a Star Force fan I'd have loved to see Geo/Mega Man in there. There's a crapload of things you could do with him, or Megaman.EXE for that matter.

Now you're seriously making me rethink Zero should have been in there, lol

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2011, 05:58 PM
Well, he IS Keiji Inafune's baby.

Yeah I heard he was supposed to be the original hero for Megaman X, but they felt the fans wouldn't accept that or something. If he honestly was the original hero I actually wouldn't mind, of course it would have to be it's own seperate thing like megaman zero.

But just having him constantly upstage X... Is a huge part of the reason I dislike the X series, yet I ironically like Megaman Zero and Megaman ZX.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 21, 2011, 06:06 PM
Check this out, I just read this.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/21/why-doesnt-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-have-mega-man/

So much madness in the comments section...

Tyreek
Jul 21, 2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah, Megaman X was one of the highest made votes on the poll. But they suddenly say he didn't make the top poll. I call so much bullshit on that. Firebrand was an unexpected choice, but I choice I am happy for. Of course he's not being based on his Demon's Crest incarnation, which was a very good snes game, and I feel he could have had better potential in that incarnation, seeing the abilities he possessed in that game.

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2011, 06:43 PM
Wait-wait?

Firebrand is the Demons Crest gargoyle??

Ah man, that game was awesome...

Didn't watch the video

Tyreek
Jul 23, 2011, 01:15 AM
So from watching the game trailer from UMVC3, it seems revealed that everyone has new or tweaked moves. In this case, Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken can ricochet now?! LMFAO If that wasn't anymore broken from what I looked at, I dunno. I guess that'll thwart super jumps behind him this time.

Delete
Jul 24, 2011, 04:32 AM
Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken can ricochet now?! LMFAO

If they make that happen, Sentinel better get his damn health back :(

chrisramar
Aug 16, 2011, 06:12 AM
just found this on you tube - search for it!! (dunno how to do a direct link!!)

(Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - NEMESIS-T型)

if you click on the persons page (haohao3030) there are 2 umvc3 new characters nemesis and doctor strange videos

(if someone could do the direct links that would be good) thanks

also some of the new backgrounds/stages are there

Tyreek
Aug 16, 2011, 07:17 AM
You mean this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wqbxwb9HBc

chrisramar
Aug 16, 2011, 07:22 AM
that will do thanks , tho the videos i found were different and show all the supers for those 2 characters , plus some new stages!!

Tyreek
Aug 16, 2011, 07:27 AM
Then you mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBuPbb3tNno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR1RbC1No8A

Ark22
Aug 16, 2011, 11:49 AM
Excuse my french but...I PAYED $60 FOR THAT SHIT?!

chrisramar
Aug 16, 2011, 02:38 PM
Then you mean this

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - Doctor Strange - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBuPbb3tNno)

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - NEMESIS-T? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR1RbC1No8A)

ahh yes thank you

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
You see like 2 more new moves by Dr. Strange in each video. Reflecting gems like BlazBlue's Nu/Mu and some other way he reflected a fireball back his way mid Hyper combo. He also hit Strider with a crumple stun as a 2nd hit, then into Level 3. Few other characters getting similar moves to do that in the montage one, ie: She Hulk to lampost swing.

Damn, sounds like something else Cpt.America won't get. Still missing something to do during "OTG" G'Dang it

Sord
Aug 16, 2011, 07:43 PM
Pretty stoked for Dr. Strange and Ironfist. Now we have the Sorcerer Supreme and the master of martial arts. Not to happy with the top HUD layout, but that's a fairly petty thing. It'll be interesting to see how all the tweaks turned out.

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 08:01 PM
I wanna see Mr.Wright in action. ]:

I still think he's just going to point and shout at people and it'll somehow hurt them anyway.

Like that girl from rival schools, or those badguys from the movie stage of the scott pilgrim game, that hurt people by taking pictures of them or something.

Milla
Sep 14, 2011, 04:03 AM
Vergil Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zS3DpnJC9Y

Iron Fist Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn8nNdaH2rk

A Phoenix Wright trailer should be sometime this week.

Powder Keg
Sep 14, 2011, 04:12 AM
Glad to know the MvC3 I purchased was a fucking Beta.

Sucks compared to 2 IMO anyway.

Delete
Sep 14, 2011, 05:12 AM

I second this. But Iron Fist is looking pretty badass in that vid so I'll definitely get this when it comes out.

Alnet
Sep 14, 2011, 07:21 AM

Yeah, I was pretty incensed too. And they even had me fooled because I got the special edition one with the fancy box and the comic book. Bastards.

I'd been planning to get this game for a while now, despite my bitterness with Capcom. I said that if this turns out to be yet another Capcom fighter that comes to shelves in an incomplete form, then I'm not buying any more Capcom fighters, simple as that. But after seeing some commercial advertisements (I was watching the Wolverine anime on G4, but that's another story altogether), my gut feeling says simply to not buy it.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3! X new characters! X new stages! Only $39.99.
The first thing I said was verbatim: "That's $40 too much."

I really was looking forward to an updated Strider Hiryu too.

Tetsaru
Sep 14, 2011, 07:47 AM
Add me to the "people who are pissed about it" list as well. Releasing multiple, updated versions of games like Street Fighter II was ok back when games ran on cartridges, but nowadays, when consoles have hard drives, internet access, and downloadable patches and content, there's just no excuse when the games have been released chronologically so close together. I mean, if it was a couple of years or longer and the original game sold well, then it'd be ok, but MVC3 came out back in February, and UMVC3 is supposed to be this November I believe...

Tyreek
Sep 14, 2011, 07:52 AM
I'm shaking my head at people in the comments saying Vergil is another Dante. From everything I seen of Vergil's gameplay, he has his signature set moves, warp slash, ice blades, the works. His speediness is exactly what I expect out of him. His moves don't chain into each other like Dante does with his 60+ set attacks lol. And he's got his Devil Trigger hyper with his own flair. In retrospect, I'd say Vergil is basically the Karas of this game like expected.

Iron Fist I must say I'm fine with how he plays. Quick, but hard hitting special moves, not to mention the all awesome power of chi lol. The white Bruce Lee is welcomed. XD

Enforcer MKV
Sep 14, 2011, 03:49 PM
This was actually the straw that broke my back in regards to Capcom. I'm sorry to say that they've practically lost me as a customer, save for my promise to play Resident Evil: ORC with one of my friends....

This will be my last zombie game / Capcom game until the later proves they care about their fanbase.

For those of you getting UMvC3, please enjoy it. For those of you like me that are getting burnt (Read: got MvC3).....*facepalm* at Capcom.

FOkyasuta
Sep 14, 2011, 03:50 PM
*Facepalms aswell* Speak for your self. For once my idiotic older brother was right for once about waiting for it. -w-

Enforcer MKV
Sep 14, 2011, 03:56 PM
Hey, paying $60 to play a game with some friends only to find out that they're releasing a "Better" version for less? That's just....ugh.

I wish I'd payed closer attention to how Capcom handled their fighters. (MvC3 was my first Capcom fighter.)

NoiseHERO
Sep 14, 2011, 04:33 PM
Capcom...

They killed megaman.

/end discussion on why capcom sucks

Enforcer MKV
Sep 14, 2011, 04:35 PM
I KNOW RIGHT!?

...../ANGER!

GRRRR.

STUPID CAPCOM!

....*cough* Ahem....yeah, they really upset me with all that they've done, as of late..

Bodybags
Sep 14, 2011, 08:08 PM
Slightly off-topic: Random MvC3 vid with PSO music lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J1EztVq3bs&feature=BFa&list=ULfUqCkirwZzg&lf=mfu_in_order"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J1EztVq3bs&feature=BFa&list=ULfUqCkirwZzg&lf=mfu_in_order

On topic: I'll most likely be getting this update. To me the original game has been pretty entertaining, and I don't even use the most top of the line characters. Sure there's some ridiculous cheesy easy mode characters/tactics in the game, but I still find it fun to play.

Anyone not getting the update, I don't blame you, you have valid reasons. I'm just dying to try the new characters and think of more crazy combinations I can make for teams.

Tyreek
Sep 15, 2011, 09:59 PM
Hmm, well this came yesterday it seems. Team DMC in action. Plus, dat Iron Fist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBYZSPvq5Gk

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 15, 2011, 10:09 PM
Just needs the Super Slam Tager man for Team Iron. Maybe one day.

Rashiid
Sep 16, 2011, 09:15 AM
Iron Fist reminds me of Captain Falcon.

sovalou
Sep 20, 2011, 04:10 AM
This was actually the straw that broke my back in regards to Capcom. I'm sorry to say that they've practically lost me as a customer, save for my promise to play Resident Evil: ORC with one of my friends....

This will be my last zombie game / Capcom game until the later proves they care about their fanbase.

For those of you getting UMvC3, please enjoy it. For those of you like me that are getting burnt (Read: got MvC3).....*facepalm* at Capcom.

its kinda sad cause a friend of mines just purchased MvC3 and is enjoying the crap out of it about two weeks ago not knowing about this updated version. :confused:

Milla
Oct 13, 2011, 10:03 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen Mr Phoenix Wright!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LILhai7IHI&feature=channel_video_title

Also Nova;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qHIpusRAgQ

Outrider
Oct 13, 2011, 12:01 PM
Okay, Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is the best thing ever.

He has an attack where he walks forward while shuffling papers, which inexplicably does damage to his opponent! If that isn't the best special move in any fighting game I don't know what is.

Rashiid
Oct 13, 2011, 04:39 PM
I am really impressed with what they did with Phoenix Wright. Very, very comical and still in character. Still not buying it, but it should be amusing to see in battle, especially if pros use him.

Zarode
Oct 13, 2011, 06:16 PM
Also Nova;

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - Nova - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qHIpusRAgQ)

Oh boy, another forgettable Marvel character that I get to say "Who?" to whenever I see someone use him online.

Rashiid
Oct 13, 2011, 06:19 PM
We got enough fire element characters ._.

His specials just look like Ryu's, Wesker's, and Super Skrull's specials with fire.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2011, 06:21 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Phonenix Wright, funnier than I thought he'd be. Must've been really hard to make him, I figured he'd attack with words...

But evidence turning into death lasers is another story.

Knew he'd summon a giant judge too... But that last special/finisher/thingie felt kind of meh...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 13, 2011, 09:30 PM
We got enough fire element characters ._.

His specials just look like Ryu's, Wesker's, and Super Skrull's specials with fire.
Looks at least energy/electric based. But with what Zarode just said and those moves, he's gonna be called Captain Falcon in no time, not Judge Dredd though.

Fire everything yup, what's next: DLC Human Torch, Pyro, Fireman, etc etc etc.

Kinda makes me want Iceman back, even if he was kinda weak(ened by Marvel 2) and not really relevant anymore(?) just to ICE BEAM everybody.

-

Is Phoenix Wright sneezing on people? What the hell is that.

Rashiid
Oct 13, 2011, 09:34 PM
IIRC, he sneezed in his games a lot. I was hoping for some coffee HP restoration move or power up, lol.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 13, 2011, 09:41 PM
Sneezin on people, in a game from usually facemask if you're sick Japan.

Guess its the S move for launcher and put downs in the air, so it will be used a lot too.

[spoiler-box]http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/NYCCScreen2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg[/spoiler-box]

ICEMAN dead. Icecube in hell, really.
LOL Cyclops. Guess because silly X-MAN 3 movie canon?

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2011, 09:57 PM
Are those badass but still corny wanted posters supposed to be hinting at future characters, with Megaman being there to tell us fanboys to shut the fuck up?

No complaints with original style Megaman though.

Dre_o
Oct 13, 2011, 10:18 PM
Are those badass but still corny wanted posters supposed to be hinting at future characters, with Megaman being there to tell us fanboys to shut the fuck up?

No complaints with original style Megaman though.

My guess: Either yes, they're hinting or no, they're trolling.

EDIT: My problem with this is that nearly EVERY character on that poster would be more interesting to see than Megaman (in my opinion of course). Most CERTAINLY more than Nova or Mr. Wright.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2011, 10:25 PM
My guess: Either yes, they're hinting or no, they're trolling.

EDIT: My problem with this is that nearly EVERY character on that poster would be more interesting to see than Megaman (in my opinion of course). Most CERTAINLY more than Nova or Mr. Wright.

No comment on the megaman, Jin would've been cool though, apparently he's dead. ]:

A hitlist maybe... but a wanted list for superheroes I'm not really catching on to. So they probably put it there with some halfassed idea in mind to hint at these characters at the last minute.

Dre_o
Oct 13, 2011, 10:59 PM
No comment on the megaman, Jin would've been cool though, apparently he's dead. ]:

A hitlist maybe... but a wanted list for superheroes I'm not really catching on to. So they probably put it there with some halfassed idea in mind to hint at these characters at the last minute.

Well, the Sentinels in the background are the likely theme for the Wanted poster as they are mutant extermination machines.

Zyrusticae
Oct 14, 2011, 12:11 AM
Phoenix Wright is easily the best joke fighting game character of all time. OF ALL TIME.

That being said, I am absolutely devastated that all my favorite characters from MvC2 are confirmed dead or apprehended (except for Strider, the lucky bastard). :(

Tyreek
Oct 15, 2011, 01:04 AM
Phoenix Wright, he's perfect. Though I miss the whole "Objection!" line he says. I like him.

And Jin Saotome dead? I'm pissed they implied his death. His ending in MVC1 was a little questionable though. Cyclops dead is completely LOL. Is he actually dead in the comics? Last I read anything Xmen, he had to play backseat to lead everyone for a while.

Aaaaand Megaman is on the run.

Edit: I can also see the poster on the side too.

Rogue and B.B. Hood all apprehended.

... Amingo is dead. I loved that shaking cactus. ;_; And Son Son as well? Why did you kill off my favorites?!

Tyreek
Oct 15, 2011, 04:13 AM
We got some gameplay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPvimIjtFf0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MacB23ootCQ

I love how Phoenix Wright got to finish his whole level 3 even after Sentinel died lol. I'm gonna enjoy messing around playing as him. Now to wait on Frankie baby to seal this deal.

ShinMaruku
Oct 15, 2011, 08:47 PM
I played Vergil, he is technical as hell with all those moves and the 3 level 1 hypers.

Tyreek
Oct 31, 2011, 01:29 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the FINAL reveals! Frank West and Rocket Racoon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8CTys7mFQI

His X buster move is out. :( While I have not played Dead Rising, I do believe Frank picked up goodies from Chuck. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also his tag move/taunt from TvC: "Say Cheese!" seems to be a command move now. And he can do it in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hDjttNGgYA

This one is all about guns and traps. I think he's gonna turn top tier.

Edit: AND we got some gameplay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9d3STzdtM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPfeoyUURJY

Gryffin
Oct 31, 2011, 03:46 PM
I am SO unreasonably excited. But broke.

Any other PS3 players looking for a good time are free to come my way though~<3

PSN: omgdallas

Bring it on boys and girls<3

darkante
Oct 31, 2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah, PW is win.

But Rocket Raccoon did surprise me a bit acting like a god of war.
Thought he would be some unforgettable character at first.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 31, 2011, 03:56 PM
Reminds me of MK3U with its all 64 characters .... -yawn- yeah... woo hoo.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 1, 2011, 03:25 AM
Those were some of the saddest Hsien-Ko videos ever. :(

Ground-hoggin Raccoon + Triple dash "Rocket-Rock--Rocket" movement and big damage from TRap into another Trap, but seemed like the lie em out bomb ones went away when he got hit.

Franks leveled up every photo, then didn't anymore when they did hit again, then did again to lv. 4 when he was alone? Wonder how that works out for more dangerous weapons/combo weapons there.

ShinMaruku
Nov 1, 2011, 03:39 AM
THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME!
I love the raccoon. Trolls status.

chrisramar
Nov 2, 2011, 03:50 AM
i'll be gettin this game , tho i prefer the tvc version of frank's lvl 3 super . i hope that all the dlc i got for the first version wil transfer , also all the achivements will transfer too i hope .

Rashiid
Nov 2, 2011, 07:56 AM
IF anything there better be a new achievement set.

Tyreek
Nov 12, 2011, 03:46 PM
DLC costumes have been leaked. http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/11/umvc3-dlc-costume-leaks-are-full-of-fan-service-and-trolling/

Also some interesting things I seen looking at Ryu's UMVC3 movelist. He basically has been given six, I repeat SIX new moves in this game. Though these are basically Hadoken/Shoryuken/Tatsu variants, plus something completely new. I'm gonna spoiler-tag it since people may want the suspense to remain until they get the game.

[spoiler-box]
New Special: Ren Hadoken- Basically from rapidly hitting the attack button, it can fire up to 5 fireballs short ranged.

New Special: Baku Hadoken- This version is a button hold version, which shoots his fireball so fast it becomes invisible, and also cause wall bounce.

New Special: Hado Shoryuken- A powered up dragon punch with increased invulnerability, and adds additional blue flamed hits(basically, Ryu's version of Ken's flaming dragon punch lol. And way to take his move from Street Fighter II V.)

New Hyper: Hado Kakusei- An apparently NEW technique that give Ryu a speed boost, and also affects his other hypers into new ones.

New Hyper: Shin Hadouken- (During Hado Kakusei) This is the super fireball we saw in the old trailer. It basically ricochets off the walls.

New Hyper: Shin Tatsumaki Senpukyaku- (During Hado Kakusei) A much more lethal hurricane kick that creates a massive cyclone.
[/spoiler-box]

For those who want a looksie for themselves at Ryu's move guide, Capcom Unity made a .pdf for Ryu and a couple other characters.

http://static.capcom.com/umvc3/manuals/04ZD_Ryu.pdf