PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fast Food Restaurant

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 05:46 AM
We all have one, so why not tell the world? I like Wendy's. Much better then McDonalds.

yoshiblue
Jul 21, 2011, 05:58 AM
In-N-Out

Rashiid
Jul 21, 2011, 08:01 AM
Chick-Fil-A hands down. I just hate how most of the time where my friend and I are free to get it, it's on a Sunday. Then we both get sad :(

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 08:04 AM
Isnt Chick-Fil-A the only fast food place thats closed on Sundays? I think its due to the founder's religious beliefs.

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2011, 08:21 AM
Wait people still eat at fast food restaurants?

Rashiid
Jul 21, 2011, 08:23 AM

I want your magical life where I can go home and make food or go out to a restaurant whenever the heck I want to :-x

Adriano
Jul 21, 2011, 08:26 AM
I like Chili's.
Does Chili's count?

If not then I guess Chipotle.

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 08:36 AM
I like Chili's.
Does Chili's count?

If not then I guess Chipotle.

I dont think Chili's is fast food, but nice try.

Yes. People still eat at fast food places. Its quick and convenient. Also tastes good too, sometimes.

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2011, 08:59 AM
Ooh, Subway. Black Forest Ham and Oven Roasted Chicken Breast (toasted with melty cheese) is love. Plus I can still eat healthy :P

Rashiid
Jul 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
I really like Wendy's new fries. If Popeyes is considered fast food (not many have drive-thrus) then their fries would be the best under "Best Fast Food Fries."

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 09:19 AM
I never had Popeye's before. I live near a KFC so thats where I go if I want fast food chicken. By the way, Wendy's fries are the best! :D

Rashiid
Jul 21, 2011, 09:22 AM
KFC is nice, but if there's a Popeyes near by, then I'd take that over KFC. There's a Popeye's and a KFC right across the street from each other near my house, but Popeyes usually is packed, at least 50+ people in line every day ._.

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 09:25 AM
Sounds like the Del Taco near me. Theres a Taco Bell thats almost dead and nearby, the Del Taco is always packed.

Rashiid
Jul 21, 2011, 09:32 AM
It's a test. We see one is clearly superior, but after all, we do get fast food to get it...fast.

*deep announcer voice* CHOOSE YOUR NOMS

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 09:34 AM
*watches fried chickens fly across the street from the Popeye's and the KFC*

Outrider
Jul 21, 2011, 10:23 AM
I've been eating a lot of Subway recently. Like... a lot.

Which probably isn't the best idea, but when I go out to grab some quick dinner at 9:30 or 10:00, it's either Subway or the questionable (but sometimes decent!) sandwiches at CVS.

I just have a hard time keeping regular food in my fridge. Shopping for one while making sure you have enough food to eat without all of it going bad proves to be a tough balance to keep.

Adriano
Jul 21, 2011, 10:29 AM
Speaking of which, is it just my imagination, or have subway sandwiches gotten smaller over the years?

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
Honestly, I consider Chick-Fil-A to be a waaaay too good to be called "fast food", so I exclude it from my opinion of favorite fast food chains. That being said, my favorite out of the "burger joint" fast food chains would be Wendy's. It's not greasy like McDonald's and Burger King. Their food is just...made better.

KodiaX987
Jul 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
A&W, closely followed by Dic Ann's:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3075/3354894704_96187be2c1.jpg

CupOfCoffee
Jul 21, 2011, 11:44 AM
Not counting pizza, I probably like Jimmy Johns the best. Noodles comes in at a distant second place.

Adriano
Jul 21, 2011, 01:01 PM
Not sure if it's just an east coast/midwest thing...
Eat'n'park is pretty good, I went there on a road trip recently and they have a nice selection of vegetarian friendly items that I certainly enjoyed.
[spoiler-box]http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/265175_10150244499239775_632374774_7671583_340659_ n.jpg
That's what I got. The side dish are 6 mini hash browns with a dipping cup of chunky sweet and sour applesauce... sooooo delicioso.

Also gotta love a place with this on the front door.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281419_10150244562274775_632374774_7672420_5692702 _n.jpg
And they gave us a pack of a dozen cookies for free when we left, because we were "happy customers" or something. It wasn't too expensive, and the food did come fast, I don't remember there being a drive-thru though so maybe it's not fast food...? [/spoiler-box]

EDIT: Oh it just hit me, I love FIVE GUYS.

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2011, 02:07 PM
Some of my faves:

Chik-Fil-A
Pizza Hut
Subway
Wendy's
Popeye's

If I had to pick my favorite non-fast food restaurant, then it'd be this place out of town called Fuji's. It's one of those Japanese hibachi steakhouses where they cook the food in front of you. They make the best rice I've ever eaten....... damn, now I want some, lol.

Other than that, I also like Outback's Bloomin' Onions and their chicken and ribs platter. And Auntie Ann's makes some awesome, albeit very messy cinnamon raisin pretzels.

Outrider
Jul 21, 2011, 03:13 PM
EDIT: Oh it just hit me, I love FIVE GUYS.

They just opened a Five Guys down by my local movie theater.

I've been meaning to give it a shot, but I haven't had a chance so far.

Rashiid
Jul 21, 2011, 03:16 PM
Well if you like greasy ass food, Five Guys is the place to go.

Robert_Garcia
Jul 21, 2011, 03:52 PM
In-n-Out

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2011, 03:56 PM
Well if you like greasy ass food, Five Guys is the place to go.

I see everyone say this, but I've been to Five Guys before, and the food wasn't nearly as "greasy-ass" as people say. Their burgers are badass, though I don't much care for their fries.

Adriano
Jul 21, 2011, 04:22 PM
The only "grease" related issue I can surmise, is that when you make an order with fries, they don't really try and put it into the container, and just throw them into the bag, and makes the bag look all grease-splotched? I guess.

I get their veggie-deluxe and a large order of fries when I go.
Good eats.

Sinue_v2
Jul 21, 2011, 04:32 PM
Rally's, Penguin Point, Hardees, and Chinatown Express. Chinatown Express I have a particular fondness for, because when I lived in town, their delivery guy was this old dude from the old country who rode his bicycle everywhere when making deliveries. Regardless of the weather. That old man would show up on my doorstep soaked to the bone from the driving rain and always... always... had the biggest, warmest smile on his face, no matter what kind of hell he had to ride through to get there. I'd give him $20 tips on days like that; he was that fucking awesome.

Subway is good too, I guess, but I tend to only ever order toasted veggie subs on honey oat. I also like Taco Bell, but only really for their Chalupas.

For Pizza, I like the Noble Romans kiosk in the local grocery store's deli, but only because I can pick any ingredients I want off the store shelves and so long as I buy the whole container - they'll make my Pizza with it. So if I want a Spinach and Feta Cheese pizza (they're much tastier than they sound) like they serve up at Pizzeria Uno's in Chicago... I can get it.

Angelo
Jul 21, 2011, 04:45 PM
Baja Fresh.

Thread over.

boomadatigger
Jul 21, 2011, 04:50 PM
Weinersnitchzel, Sonic, and Whattaburger.

Outrider
Jul 21, 2011, 05:26 PM
It is making me sad that you guys are talking about fast food pizza.

Don't you have good pizzerias around you? It costs about the same as fast food and tastes way better than anything they serve up at Domino's, Papa Johns, or the like.

(Sure, you could argue that there are other places you can get a burger besides McDonalds or Burger King, but most diners & bars don't offer the same level of convenience or speed. Pizzerias are just as fast as fast food, though.)

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2011, 05:39 PM
My dad always orders from this local "mom n' pop" (locally owned) pizza place, and it's leaps and bounds better than any "chain" companies' pizza.

boomadatigger
Jul 21, 2011, 05:42 PM
Best place for mexican food are the mom and pop places.

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2011, 05:49 PM

Don't you have good pizzerias around you?

Well, in my town, there's a U.S. Pizza, but I think it's more of a local place rather than being affiliated with the actual franchise. My folks like it better than Pizza Hut, but I prefer Pizza Hut myself. They're both good in my opinion, though.

There are several other local places out of town around here, along with stuff like Olive Garden, Papa Johns, and other similar Italian places, but that's about it.

Sinue_v2
Jul 21, 2011, 06:51 PM
Best place for mexican food are the mom and pop places.

Best (and worst) place for mexican food is from the immigrant barrios. Some of the tastiest (and least trustworthy) mexican food I've ever had has come out of the back of a trailer painted red, white, and green. There's this resturaunt/grocery store nearby called La Pasadita which serves a 8lb burrito guaranteed to fill you up and keep you within running distance of a toilet for the next 12 hours.

Tetsaru
Jul 21, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'm not big on Mexican food, but I love me some chicken quesadillas and some good chips and queso. :)

Along with Taco Bell, there's a local place called El Puente here in town that seems to be quite popular. Our town's pretty small, but every time I'm in there, the place is packed, lol.

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2011, 07:00 PM

Don't you have good pizzerias around you? It costs about the same as fast food and tastes way better than anything they serve up at Domino's, Papa Johns, or the like.

(Sure, you could argue that there are other places you can get a burger besides McDonalds or Burger King, but most diners & bars don't offer the same level of convenience or speed. Pizzerias are just as fast as fast food, though.)

Yeah, I like those good ole american family-buddy business pizzerias better. Everything else kind of seems like toy pizza to me, digiorno tastes the same to me anyway... I wonder if 1$ pizza counts as fast-food. e_e

Powder Keg
Jul 21, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hardees (although not many are close to my area)
Wendy's
Taco Bell

I love 'em all really...but if I had to pick it would have to be one of those three.

My area is so spoiled with great pizza shops with gwar (awesome) sandwiches that Subway isn't even close to worthy.

Xefi
Jul 21, 2011, 07:52 PM
Vietnamese food:
Lee's Sandwich & Thanh Thanh Food to go.

American fast food:
Subway :cat:

Monochrome
Jul 21, 2011, 09:40 PM
Portillo's is my fave.. but given that there are only 2 in California plus a couple in-and-around Chicago.. I'm guessing this might be an obscure choice to most. They have Chicago style hotdogs, as well as hamburgers, chicken, you know.. american standard fare. It's all great though.

So.. more recognizable runner-ups: Rubio's and In-N-Out.

Ilikelamp7
Jul 21, 2011, 09:47 PM
Arby's roast beef sandwiches turns my frown upside-down.

Leviathan
Jul 21, 2011, 10:35 PM
Taco Bell.
Pizza Hut.
Chick-Fil-A.
Chinese restaurants around town.
And a mostly Texas only restaurant, Freebirds. Where you can get a burrito nearly the size of your arm (http://i56.tinypic.com/14xgia9.jpg). :wacko:

They are opening In-N-Outs here, but I don't want to wait in line for hours for a burger.

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 02:18 AM
I wish there were In-N-Outs where I live. I heard so much that there food is good, but sadly, they arent in the state Im in.

BIG OLAF
Jul 22, 2011, 02:36 AM
Every time someone brings up In-N-Out, people act like it's a friggin' crack addiction. Is it really that good? I've seen people literally shed tears over how good they say the burgers are. Shed. Tears.

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 02:39 AM
Every time someone brings up In-N-Out, people act like it's a friggin' crack addiction. Is it really that good? I've seen people literally shed tears over how good they say the burgers are. Shed. Tears.

Really? Shed tears? Wow.... If a hamburger can be that good......

boomadatigger
Jul 22, 2011, 02:39 AM

I'm not impressed with In-N-Out. You want crack addiction look to Krispy Kreme. Now those guys are on a whole nother level.

Mike
Jul 22, 2011, 02:43 AM
If In-N-Out was as good as people seem to think it is, you'd find them all over the country and last time I checked, they weren't.

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 02:45 AM
If In-N-Out was as good as people seem to think it is, you'd find them all over the country and last time I checked, they weren't.

To my knowledge, only California, Arizona, and Utah have them. Maybe Nevada, but Im not sure of that one.

Tetsaru
Jul 22, 2011, 02:55 AM
To my knowledge, only California, Arizona, and Utah have them. Maybe Nevada, but Im not sure of that one.

Hmm, no wonder I've never heard of this In-N'-Outs place. Then again, I think Sonic drive-ins/throughs aren't in all parts of the US either, but I may be wrong on that.

joefro
Jul 22, 2011, 02:56 AM
Raising Cane's in definitely my favorite.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2698/4479602743_4d7c213834.jpg
So good.

DesignZ
Jul 22, 2011, 02:56 AM
Arby's is definitely my personal favorite

Tetsaru
Jul 22, 2011, 02:57 AM
Huh, haven't heard of Raising Cane's either, lol. :confused:

Nitro Vordex
Jul 22, 2011, 02:58 AM
Those are the people who fap to anything that originates in California. In-N-Out is good, but it's TERRIBLY overrated. Their burgers are pretty much Sonic burgers. That's what they taste like to me, so I don't really understand the addiction.

Burger joint wise, my favorite is Carl's Jr./Hardee's. Taco Bell for not burgers.

Arby's is definitely my personal favorite

And Arby's thank you for reminding me. Beef and Cheddar melts, so good.

boomadatigger
Jul 22, 2011, 03:00 AM
So good.

mmmmmmm fried chickeeen

Tetsaru
Jul 22, 2011, 03:05 AM
Hardee's has some pretty good sausage biscuits and cinnamon raisin biscuits for breakfast. That, and I like their curly fries.

Arby's, on the other hand... I vaguely remember eating at one once and getting a bad stomach ache afterwards, but that was a long time ago. Still, I don't really see anything appealing about them.

DesignZ
Jul 22, 2011, 03:09 AM
Still, I don't really see anything appealing about them.
Roast beef Cheddar melt. I would gladly buy you your first taste of heaven. Lol.

Tetsaru
Jul 22, 2011, 03:16 AM
Roast beef Cheddar melt. I would gladly buy you your first taste of heaven. Lol.

Seems like I could just get a similar sandwich at a place like Subway or Quizno's, but I'll try to keep that in mind if I ever end up there again.

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 03:17 AM
So good.

That looks good. Shame its not where I am.

Adriano
Jul 22, 2011, 06:34 AM
Oh yea, Cane's is awesome, the funny thing is they're known for chicken tenders...not even ordinary fried chicken.

I usually just get Garlic Toast x2, Cole Slaw x2, and an order of fries with Cane's Sauce when I go there.
Everyone else gets the chiggen fingaaaz

And I remember going to Hardee's before, I was shocked when I realized it was Carls Jr. for the east coast.

I probably shouldn't add to this conversation since I don't even go to fast food joints for burgers and such though haha.

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 07:16 AM
And I remember going to Hardee's before, I was shocked when I realized it was Carls Jr. for the east coast.

I find it interesting how names can be different depending on where you are yet the place is still the same.

Majarra
Jul 22, 2011, 08:31 AM
Those are the people who fap to anything that originates in California. In-N-Out is good, but it's TERRIBLY overrated. Their burgers are pretty much Sonic burgers. That's what they taste like to me, so I don't really understand the addiction.

Sonic burgers with less saturated fat, sodium, and no trans fat. In-N-Out is delicious, Olaf, if you ever come to the west coast, definitely try one(or more) of their hamburgers. I personally recommend an original burger. But that's just me.

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 08:44 AM
Sonic burgers with less saturated fat, sodium, and no trans fat. In-N-Out is delicious, Olaf, if you ever come to the west coast, definitely try one(or more) of their hamburgers. I personally recommend an original burger. But that's just me.

Ill be sure to try one also, when I can find one that is.....

Outrider
Jul 22, 2011, 11:04 AM
I don't know if this counts, but Papaya Dog in Manhattan is the best. Just... the best. (You can also substitute that for Gray's Papaya or Papaya King, since when it's three in the morning and you're leaving the bars and want food, they're all pretty much the same.)

BIG OLAF
Jul 22, 2011, 11:33 AM
Really? Shed tears? Wow.... If a hamburger can be that good......

Those are the people who fap to anything that originates in California. In-N-Out is good, but it's TERRIBLY overrated. Their burgers are pretty much Sonic burgers.

Behold, and lose even more faith in humanity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgTVuwFRjXA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgTVuwFRjXA

Rashiid
Jul 22, 2011, 11:41 AM
I've never even heard of this In-N-Out place before. Sounds more like a brothel.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 22, 2011, 12:06 PM
Off the top of my head, Taco Bell, Sonic's, Arby's, and Jack in the Box. Recently, I've mostly been going to Jack after work to get the usual orders of tacos and chicken.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 22, 2011, 02:57 PM
When I used to live in NYC, it was either The Papaya Hot Dog Spots, like Outrider said.. Or 5Guys. It's a burger shop. Their fries kick ass. I hear theres 5guys in other parts of the country, too.

As for right now... It would have to be Puka Dog. They make these buns with a hole on the top, you have choices between all of these different relishes (Like Mango or Coconut) And Lilikoi Mustard. It's delicious.

NeonaPulsar
Jul 22, 2011, 03:11 PM
Round Table Pizza !!

It may not be fast, but damn if its the best pizza chain restaurant out there. :D

NoiseHERO
Jul 22, 2011, 03:12 PM
When I used to live in NYC, it was either The Papaya Hot Dog Spots, like Outrider said.. Or 5Guys. It's a burger shop. Their fries kick ass. I hear theres 5guys in other parts of the country, too.

As for right now... It would have to be Puka Dog. They make these buns with a hole on the top, you have choices between all of these different relishes (Like Mango or Coconut) And Lilikoi Mustard. It's delicious.

YO.

I WANT A PUKA DOG, YO.

MOSTLY BECAUSE OF THE NAME, YO.

Robert_Garcia
Jul 22, 2011, 07:10 PM

Its not just the food that good, but its the customer service that adds to that. That said, I think you might be generalizing a bit. Not everyone is like that vid.

Randomness
Jul 22, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hmm... around where I live, I'd have to say Culver's. Excellent burgers, and the frozen custard is great too (especially when its some kind of quadruple chocolate flavor of the day).

Split
Jul 23, 2011, 12:13 AM
Great freaking thread. Burger King is like magical hangover-abolishing medicine. The people that work at the one in my town will turn on the grill and make a burger for you even as early as 8 am (which is usually around when I stumble out of one of my friends' houses with a splitting headache and an aversion to bright lights). I am also an absolute fiend for Dunkin' Donuts' coffee and their breakfast sandwiches-- specifically the Big 'n Toasty. One might call me a Dunkie's Junkie :wacko:

Fast food, like cigarettes, is something that I try hard to keep out of my sober life, but it's pretty much all fair game when I'm drunk

EDIT: Oh yeah, and there's this tiny place in my town called Go Go's that makes the best subs ever, bar none. That's the only food place I can think of that I'm considered a "regular" at, meaning the kids that work there, some of whom I grew up with, will ask "large Italian with everything?" or something to that effect when they see me walk in. Probably not a good thing...

raijz
Jul 23, 2011, 12:27 AM
Raising Canes.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 23, 2011, 01:21 AM
I find it interesting how names can be different depending on where you are yet the place is still the same.
Like Best Foods is called Hellman's for you guys on the East Coast, I believe. Or just East of the Rockies.

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 02:27 AM
Behold, and lose even more faith in humanity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgTVuwFRjXA

OMG! That lady is just crazy! Also, did you see the line of people waiting to go in? Some of them were taking pics of the restaurant! Talk about insane! :-o

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 23, 2011, 03:12 AM
Like Best Foods is called Hellman's for you guys on the East Coast, I believe. Or just East of the Rockies.

Yeah it's Hellmans. I was confused when I saw Best Foods for the first time. xD

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 03:15 AM
Yeah it's Hellmans. I was confused when I saw Best Foods for the first time. xD

Ive always known it as Best Foods, but I did see Hellman's a few times before. It had the same logo and everything as Best foods and I thought it was someone ripping them off at first. LOL

bns1991
Jul 23, 2011, 09:29 AM
Hardees is my favorite of all time. I love their charbroiled thickburgers. The fries aren't that bad either

Delete
Jul 23, 2011, 05:38 PM
Tryin to stay away from fast food myself, but when I go on my lunch break 2 o clock in the morning, my stomach is beggin me to go and by it a whopper and some fries.

Jade DaBain
Jul 24, 2011, 01:49 AM
Tryin to stay away from fast food myself, but when I go on my lunch break 2 o clock in the morning, my stomach is beggin me to go and by it a whopper and some fries.

I know that Burger King has this bacon burger that I thought was OK, but it was sort of small.

Delete
Jul 24, 2011, 04:17 AM
Sounds like a stacker, they are pretty small. In fact most fast food places have been cutting back on there portions it seems.

boomadatigger
Jul 24, 2011, 04:35 AM
I remember back in the day Weinersnitchzel's Double bacon cheese burger. I miss those.

Jade DaBain
Jul 24, 2011, 04:39 AM
Bacon is the food of the Gods.

boomadatigger
Jul 24, 2011, 04:39 AM
mmmmmm, bacon

Jade DaBain
Jul 24, 2011, 04:41 AM
mmmmmm, bacon

Oh. I couldnt agree with you more. In fact, at Wendy's, I always get the Baconator.

Rashiid
Jul 24, 2011, 10:16 AM
I just had bacon >:

Ilikelamp7
Jul 24, 2011, 02:20 PM
The only thing I can think of when people say bacon now is Epic Meal Time.

Jade DaBain
Jul 25, 2011, 12:52 AM
The only thing I can think of when people say bacon now is Epic Meal Time.

Whats Epic Meal Time?

Dragwind
Jul 25, 2011, 01:03 AM
Hmm, tough to say. I suppose it depends on whether it's the breakfast menu or regular menu for me.

Most of the time though, I guess I'd have to say Burger King wins, with Wendy's at a 2nd. Choices are limited with fast food here though.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 01:09 AM
Whats Epic Meal Time?

What?! Educate yourself in the Food of the Gods:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicMealTime

Hmm, tough to say. I suppose it depends on whether it's the breakfast menu or regular menu for me.

Oh, that's a good point! If we're talking breakfast menu only, then Burger King wins, hands down, the end, game over. They've got the best breakfast food I've ever had. By far.

Jade DaBain
Jul 25, 2011, 01:14 AM
What?! Educate yourself in the Food of the Gods:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicMealTime

OMG! I didnt even finish watching the video that the YouTube link showed. That was just sad and horrible!

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2011, 01:19 AM
OMG! I didnt even finish watching the video that the YouTube link showed. That was just amazing and delicious!

You made a couple of typos. Don't worry, I fixed them for you! :-D

Jade DaBain
Jul 25, 2011, 01:36 AM
You made a couple of typos. Don't worry, I fixed them for you! :-D

Sorry. They werent typos.