PDA

View Full Version : Concept art Characters

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 22, 2011, 03:43 AM
I want to talk about this picture:
[spoiler-box] http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/i0305884-1305053132.jpg[/spoiler-box]

It's clear that are a few classes blurred out on purpose here.

Starting on the furthest left column from top to bottom we have:
HUmar HUnewearl
RAmar RAmarl
FOmar FOmarl
HUcast HUcaseal
RAcast RAcaseal (blurred)

So to make up the original (GC) twelve we are missing; FOnewm & FOnewearl.

On the right of them we see fifteen more possible characters.
(Now I know this game is being made along side PSPoi, so does anyone recognize those other characters to be part of the PSP series?)

We saw a male Newman in the trailer video that was using a rifle we dubbed him "RAnewm", and that looks like him to the right of the HUnewearl. And if the formula stays the same to the right of him would be the RAnewearl. Although we saw a RAnewearl in the video and that picture looks nothing like her. It looks more like the HUnewearl on his left, which makes more sense.

So that leaves fourteen unknown characters with the two Newan FOs absent, making a shocking twelve truly unknown character photos.

So it's time to speculate some more! (Don't we all love doing that here)
It's my belief that SEGA has double the characters for PSO2 and may have even added two new or previously seen races (Dumans, Beasts). The figure to the right of the FOmarl makes me think of a Beast, and the lower blurred photos appear to be very robotic or alien-like.

What are your thoughts, do you think the character select wont be as specific? Maybe you just pick your race and gender like in PSU then customize from there. Do you think they could have made a fourth class as well, besides HU FO RA, possibly a Trapper or Beastmaster/Summoner of sorts?

Wayu
Jul 22, 2011, 03:55 AM
I think they're going to have the 2 basic classes with 1 more...like, Braver/Vanguard class or something.

I think those on the side are NPC designs, and maybe some story characters.

-Wayu

blace
Jul 22, 2011, 03:56 AM
Well considering that we saw a FOmarl in the trailer who later becomes a HUmarl with the same hair and color, possibly a class change system.

And none of those characters ever existed in PSP2i, just that there are cast parts that resemble the fourth row and the fourth picture from the top looks like the default male newman for the character create in PSP2i.

That's all I can guess from it.

Vashyron
Jul 22, 2011, 03:58 AM
Or you know those could be just original costumes they don't want to be revealed at this point.

Speculation!

blace
Jul 22, 2011, 04:00 AM
Well PSU had flashy clothing, and then PSP2 brought them to a whole new level.

I also can't shake the feeling that the last picture on the top row resembles Emilia from PSPo2.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 22, 2011, 04:09 AM
I still say the big yellow dark-skinned guy is a Beast, or a resurrected HUnewm.

Angelo
Jul 22, 2011, 05:20 AM
I wouldn't consider the art to portray anything more than costumes.

Demon-
Jul 22, 2011, 09:49 AM
I still say the big yellow dark-skinned guy is a Beast
Yeah that's what I've been hoping it is.

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 10:00 AM
They could be NPCs that you meet up in game.

NoiseHERO
Jul 22, 2011, 10:27 AM
I can't help you there, man

All I can say is if theres 3 classes for every race, including 2 different designs for each gender and there are 3 races. we would have (3x3)*2-2 assuming CASTs wouldn't have force outfits(who knows)

That would be a maximum of 16 base character designs, unless there was an extra class.

But that's only going with what we know so far about the class system, seeing as how we've only seen 3 and the only thing making them solid is the outfits to match them. But seeing as there was a Racast using a 2h sword in one picture I'd assume those are just base outfits by now.

That being said the rest would have to be either NPC's, or extra races. But of course some or ALL of the default outfits are NPCs as well...

The best we can really do with the big blur is try to guess genders and match them to classes.

GCoffee
Jul 25, 2011, 10:17 AM
I actually think I can make out three pictures, which I speculate to show the new classes HUbooma, RAbooma and FObooma. The fur and the arm waving is uncannily alike.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 10:19 AM
Maybe...Beasts? :-o

ParadoxBoy
Jul 26, 2011, 11:07 PM
Is there any concept art out here that I can look at normally?
These costumes and characters look great.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 26, 2011, 11:10 PM
Maybe...Beasts? :-o

I'd love it if that were true. *dodges pie*

I can't really make out much in that picture that I haven't already seen... Me needs to look more closely.

MSAksion
Jul 29, 2011, 11:02 PM
if everyone is getting PSO style clothing again.... does that mean FoNewm and FoNewearl are going to look like side show clowns again...

I wonder if PSU style wacky clothing will make a comback. i know this game looks like a hardcore military style squad game of the future - but half the fun of PSU was wearing such impractical clothing due to Personal Line shields making regular armor useless.

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 11:12 PM
if everyone is getting PSO style clothing again.... does that mean FoNewm and FoNewearl are going to look like side show clowns again...

I wonder if PSU style wacky clothing will make a comback. i know this game looks like a hardcore military style squad game of the future - but half the fun of PSU was wearing such impractical clothing due to Personal Line shields making regular armor useless.

Their pictures were posted up in a few threads, see for yourself.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 31, 2011, 11:18 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hunewm.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Putting this in here as well, we might be able to reference these images to ones in the concept art wall image.

AfroGuy!
Jul 31, 2011, 11:38 PM
FOnewms hat almost looks like a sombrero kinda

Jade DaBain
Jul 31, 2011, 11:40 PM
FOnewms hat almost looks like a sombrero kinda

Mexican Newman?

AfroGuy!
Jul 31, 2011, 11:45 PM
Mexican Newman?

i must make one as my fourth character!

Jade DaBain
Jul 31, 2011, 11:45 PM
i must make one as my fourth character!

And what would you name him?

AfroGuy!
Jul 31, 2011, 11:50 PM
And what would you name him?

id name him Peso or Juarez or Taco or Paco Jones

Jade DaBain
Jul 31, 2011, 11:51 PM
id name him Peso or Juarez or Taco or Paco Jones

LOL! Add Senor to any of those and youll have pure gold.

Also, woo hoo! 200th post!

AfroGuy!
Jul 31, 2011, 11:55 PM
LOL! Add Senor to any of those and youll have pure gold.

Also, woo hoo! 200th post!

Im definately gonna go with Senor Peso, it sounds the best :-D

Jade DaBain
Jul 31, 2011, 11:57 PM
Im definately gonna go with Senor Peso, it sounds the best :-D

Ya know, it has a certain special ring to it. You sir, have instant win right there. You should make that character, and make him fat and if possible, with a huge mustache.

AfroGuy!
Aug 1, 2011, 12:02 AM
Ya know, it has a certain special ring to it. You sir, have instant win right there. You should make that character, and make him fat and if possible, with a huge mustache.

if i ever play online with him, you can bet people will laugh at that!

Jade DaBain
Aug 1, 2011, 12:08 AM
if i ever play online with him, you can bet people will laugh at that!

Im sure I will. Id then know it was you too.