PDA

View Full Version : Enemy dmg modifiers

Ecchi
Jul 22, 2011, 04:31 PM
Iam curious if they will stick with the same basic Mob based dmg percentage they used in Pso or use the elemental based dmg percentage for Psu..... I think they should use Mob based dmg like they did in pso because will it is 'Pso2". My two cents.

And what do you like better?

RemiusTA
Jul 22, 2011, 04:35 PM
PSO's system was almost undeniably better IMO.

It increased your damage without making you feel like you were not at full potential, mostly because it was a 25% chance you would benefit (throughout the entire game, EP I, II and IV) as opposed to a 1/6 chance you would benefit) And on top of that...it never DECREASED your damage either. Win-win.

They should take PSO's element system, too -- Fire, Ice, Lightning, and the two rare Light and Dark cases. Forces were the only ones to really rely on that, which is why it stayed effective longer than it did in PSU. Having to juggle 6 elements was a bad move. That PSO fan on the JP blog put it correctly -- more complicated does not always mean "better"...it just means "more complicated".

Seth Astra
Jul 22, 2011, 04:38 PM
PSO's. I don't like having a weapon rendered useless against one element of enemies just to be good against another.