PDA

View Full Version : New Screens/Video + Observations

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Allison_W
Jul 27, 2011, 06:08 AM
Am I the only person who approves of being able to adjust bust size because it means I can adjust it downwards when a concept I'm working on just doesn't have big tits?

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 27, 2011, 06:09 AM
PSZ was a success, why is PSO2 feeling...a little more PSUish?

Feels like they wanted to fuse all Phantasy Stars for PSO2, just hope they keep the PSU CRAP to a minimum.

NO PMs!

YES TO MAGS DAMMIT!!

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2011, 06:33 AM
Am I the only person who approves of being able to adjust bust size because it means I can adjust it downwards when a concept I'm working on just doesn't have big tits?100% with you.

I usually go with female characters, but the number one thing that is important to me when I make them (and call me a hipster) is that i despise the players who just throw the bust size to the max like it's the default choice. I, on the other hand, have realistic expectations of my attractive female creations in game so it's always my preference to make the breasts "normal" sized.

It's the #1 sign of somebody who is super weabo or is immature IMO.

Legato Bluesummers
Jul 27, 2011, 07:14 AM
Just watched the videos. Man, I'll probably spend a full day customising my character before actually playing at this rate. Amazing customisation right there.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 27, 2011, 07:30 AM
^ I agree. Can't wait for this game to come out to EU

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 27, 2011, 07:33 AM
Looks alright, quite looking forward to it's release. One thing that gets me. 1st page of screens second row. It's been years and years and years since I've seen none reflective water. But it looks quite tidy. hopefully they allow full HD resolutions, because the one's on PSU are pitiful, and forcing AA can only polish a turd so much.

PS - if you wanna spend a day customizing a character play champions online. That has the most indepth cusomization of any game ever made and I doubt it'd be beaten for many years to come. Plus it's free to play now. A little time killer before PSO2 maybe

Tifa

voxie
Jul 27, 2011, 07:34 AM
The videos look so gooood, but I can't help but imagine (and hopt to see) mags floating around the shoulderblades....

This is just the Alpha, so here's hoping Mags are still to come...

Though, apparently there are no player stats anymore - everything is class based, like PSU, so I'm thinking if there are Mags, they won't be used like PSO1's... This is speculation on what might not exist however! :/

str898mustang
Jul 27, 2011, 07:41 AM
I'll never understand the fascination with MAGs

Angelo
Jul 27, 2011, 07:44 AM
I'll never understand the fascination with MAGs

I found them to be cute distractions at best, and monotonous busy work at worst.

I don't understand the fixation either.

Legato Bluesummers
Jul 27, 2011, 07:48 AM
How does simply wishing for them to be in the game translate into a fascination/fixation?

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 27, 2011, 07:50 AM
I think mags were just an easy way out of playing the game properly. You could spend a couple of days feeding them and not playing and have an over powered character. Then when making a new character you always tended to grab the lvl 200 mag out and power level etc. At least PSU it actually took time and effort to level up and get better and it was only after several years when cheat items such as GC were released. We had to wait for events to get any chance of levelling quite quickly. Mags just took a bit of patience with feeding every 3 minutes or so, also in terms of market you could mag farm and just earn stupid amounts of PD and PC, in my opinion they corrupted the power balance of PSO drastically.

Tifa

Uncle_bob
Jul 27, 2011, 08:02 AM
100% with you.

I usually go with female characters, but the number one thing that is important to me when I make them (and call me a hipster) is that i despise the players who just throw the bust size to the max like it's the default choice. I, on the other hand, have realistic expectations of my attractive female creations in game so it's always my preference to make the breasts "normal" sized.

Lots of people like big tits.

Legato Bluesummers
Jul 27, 2011, 08:09 AM

No way, man! Only people biased towards products of Japanese origin or people with an intellectual development appropriate to someone younger enjoy well-endowed women! Everyone knows that.

Ririko
Jul 27, 2011, 08:13 AM
I think mags were just an easy way out of playing the game properly. You could spend a couple of days feeding them and not playing and have an over powered character. Then when making a new character you always tended to grab the lvl 200 mag out and power level etc. At least PSU it actually took time and effort to level up and get better and it was only after several years when cheat items such as GC were released. We had to wait for events to get any chance of levelling quite quickly. Mags just took a bit of patience with feeding every 3 minutes or so, also in terms of market you could mag farm and just earn stupid amounts of PD and PC, in my opinion they corrupted the power balance of PSO drastically.

Except a new guy can't exactly "spend a few days raising a MAG and transfer his overpowered mag to level up easily". And honestly, if anything, MAGs would make your character broken only up to Ultimate and probably Forest, because once you hit that even the Level 200 MAG wouldn't properly make you godlike as it had done before. Sure, you'll have an edge, but if you already played the game extensively, I don't see why that's such a bad thing. Making the game less of a grindfest is always a good thing in my book, and PSO had a looooong way to 200, so shortening that a bit never felt particularly bothersome to me.

On the other hand, they were fun to raise (given you weren't standing around next to the shops for 10 hours straight) and it really felt like a cool companion to have around you. I know countless people who actually were identified online over their MAG, and they wouldn't think of changing that aside at all! It was like a pet that people grew fond of, so even if they made it more limited in its usefulness, just being able to have them walk alongside you would already be something pretty cool.

lostinseganet
Jul 27, 2011, 08:25 AM
I'll never understand the fascination with MAGsIts the same as pokemon, and digimon. I pray for digievolutions for mags then people will want to catch them all!

ShinMaruku
Jul 27, 2011, 08:50 AM
MMM boobies. That hunewearl has some really nice ones.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 27, 2011, 09:55 AM
^ Before or after the editing? :P

In fact i think it will be rather fun to adjust boobs to your liking.

But honestly guys, what did you all expect? this is japan we're talking about afterall, they always have done things to make the female characters look sexy as possible, it's nothing new :P Look at PSU with Bikini, PSP2 with Magical Princess and Ifinity with whatever the armor is called with the niple clips and such.

I'm one of the people who is kinda happy with a feature like that, sometimes when i made a char in PSO or PSU it bugged me a bit i couldnt adjut the breast size to my own liking when i made a character, specially since i mostly make my female chars as short as possible.

chibiLegolas
Jul 27, 2011, 11:28 AM
PSO2 MUST have mags! They just gotta!
I loved them in PSO.
I loved them in PSZ.
Personal accessories/pets that you raise & are as collectable as the weapons & armor we hunt in game? Of course the masses would love them!

I just hope that they didn't have time to fit mags into the beta, but they're definately coming to PSO2. I hope....

GCoffee
Jul 27, 2011, 11:29 AM
Where is my penis slider?

WHAT, I JUST WANT REALISMZ.

On another note, are they perhaps trying to recreate Ragol's level structure? It's just a very odd coincidence that we are seeing a forest and cave level first of all. Nostalgia service much?

RenzokukenZ
Jul 27, 2011, 11:35 AM
^ Most likely. And from what I've seen, its working.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 11:38 AM
I found Mags to be boring, and a pain in the ass. Standing there and feeding them shit every few minutes got old fast. That, and I never even understood how they worked. What the hell did the "IQ" and "Synch %" stats even mean? Oh, and the Photon Blasts were always pointless, as I could do more damage with my weapon in the 7 seconds it took to cast it. They never seemed to be a help to me.

Oh, and a lot of them looked gaudy and out-of-place. Didn't go with my character's style at all, and colors never matched.

As far as I'm concerned, why put them into the game as a mechanic if you can just as easily cut them out? No one would know the difference stat-wise, and it would save time. I think it would be better if they were out, but I won't complain if they're in again, just as long as they have some relevance outside of boosting your stats.

Totori
Jul 27, 2011, 11:40 AM
I found Mags to be boring, and a pain in the ass. Standing there and feeding them shit every few minutes got old fast. That, and I never even understood how they worked. What the hell did the "IQ" and "Synch %" stats even mean? Oh, and the Photon Blasts were always pointless, as I could do more damage with my weapon in the 7 seconds it took to cast it. They never seemed to be a help to me.

Oh, and a lot of them looked gaudy and out-of-place. Didn't go with my character's style at all, and colors never matched.

As far as I'm concerned, why put them into the game as a mechanic if you can just as easily cut them out? No one would know the difference stat-wise, and it would save time. I think it would be better if they were out, but I won't complain if they're in again, just as long as they have some relevance outside of boosting your stats.

^I agree completely, with that.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 27, 2011, 11:49 AM

I liked the ones in PS - oh, screw it, I'm calling it PSZ from now on. :lol:

*Ahem* Anyway, I liked the Mags in PSZ, it was awesome running around as a RACAST with Giant Mechanical wings on my back with a rifle in hand, not to mention the (forgive me if I botch this, I'm trying to learn.) Huneuweral....(oi, I botched that, I'm so sorry)...with those butterfly wings.

If they had ones like that, that were a type of extension of the character, I think those would work wonderfully.

On that note, what about having an option to......hide Mags?

Ya know, if you didn't want them floating over the shoulder, but you liked the stats, you could hide them (But it locked you out of using PBs) If you want to use the PB, you have to have the mag showing.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 AM
Where is my penis slider?

WHAT, I JUST WANT REALISMZ.

On another note, are they perhaps trying to recreate Ragol's level structure? It's just a very odd coincidence that we are seeing a forest and cave level first of all. Nostalgia service much?

You're comparing male genitals to a secondary sex characteristic? it's not like you have the option to adjust the shape and size of the female areola. Extreme reactions always come from people who seem to automatically associate breasts with sex. Give it a rest

Randomness
Jul 27, 2011, 12:03 PM

Photon blast chains were insanely OP. Anything opening with Mylla & Youlla. Level 80 SD and you walk right over everything.

For the record, synch% affected PB gain, IQ affected PB strength.

GCoffee
Jul 27, 2011, 12:07 PM
You're comparing male genitals to a secondary sex characteristic? it's not like you have the option to adjust the shape and size of the female areola. Extreme reactions always come from people who seem to automatically associate breasts with sex. Give it a rest

That's my point; being able to shape the bust of our female characters is not too much at all. A genitalia slider, however, would be.

(And don't be so easy to butthurt and more understanding of sarcasm the next time, okay? It hurts.)

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 12:07 PM
Photon blast chains were insanely OP. Anything opening with Mylla & Youlla. Level 80 SD and you walk right over everything.

I have no idea what that is, so I probably never used it. I was speaking from my point-of-view, and my own experiences. I just never really gave half a damn about Mags...probably because I played PSU before PSO, so having to deal with them wasn't something I was used to, and therefor I found it annoying.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 27, 2011, 12:14 PM
After seeing this I feel confident that I can actually create my "own" character, different from others' instead of looking a damn palette swap

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 12:29 PM

*COMPLETELYmissingthepoint.jpg*

You never got any use out of your mag blast because you didn't understand how the mags worked. Duh.

You hated them, most people loved them. They were mysterious, and gave you a CONSTANT level of character growth while at the same time evolving and giving you new limit attacks and stuff to figure out while playing.

And then you have PB chaining and donating (chaining which can pretty much force EVERYTHING in the room to sit the f**k down or give ludicrous buff levels.)

Mags....were a great idea. Getting rid of them would be dumb, IMO. Replacing them with a simple stat point system, or a PM system 1) wouldn't be the same and 2) simply could not be nearly as effective at making the game interesting.

They were like a Portable Chao Garden from SA2, except they actually helped your character. The main reason PSO stayed exciting so long is because i could find a weapon i couldn't use until about 5 levels away, but still be able to use it very quickly at the cost of mag feeding. That was something very, VERY nice about PSO. It also gave you the ability to power up a sub character, or switch between one characters stat points on the fly. (Like, going from a ATP+ATA Ramarl to an MST Ramarl. Maybe not completely practical, but VERY neat nonetheless.)

And to top it all off, there were tons of evolutions, and even rare evolutions. They made your character look neat. And if all else failed, you could always sell them for very good stuff.

And despite all their great traits, you could go the whole game without one. Just more of PSO's wonderful "outdated mechanics", i guess.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 12:49 PM
Sounds like it was mostly people that played PSO first liked mags...

The only thing I liked about them when I played PSO was the fact that they transformed into different things. But feeding them was still a pain in the ass, and almost felt not worth it. Because they transform it made your character feel a little more unique.

But once PSU came out with like 50 different outfits to choose from it was like "Meh mags are annoying."

I wouldn't mind if there was an improved and more interesting, yet less annoying mag system though. I guess... :\

People want their section I.D.s and Mags from PSO, and I want My Rooms and Multiple lobbies from PSU, I won't be a hypocrite and say some PSO stuff shouldn't be in the game just because it wasn't in PSU or because I could live without it. *shrug*

Ririko
Jul 27, 2011, 12:50 PM
I have no idea what that is, so I probably never used it. I was speaking from my point-of-view, and my own experiences. I just never really gave half a damn about Mags...probably because I played PSU before PSO, so having to deal with them wasn't something I was used to, and therefor I found it annoying.

That's some terrible logic, imagine if everyone who played PSO and PSU decided to apply that to anything new PSO2 introduced. Not liking a mechanic when knowing exactly what purpose it serves is one thing, being ignorant of its benefits and saying it's annoying to even get informed of them is another. One is alright, the other... not really.

And on that note, yes, they had relevance "outside boosting your stats", which by itself was already something very important, anyway. As for looking gaudy... there were a ton of different MAGs, so I find it quite hard for people to not find one who goes with whatever they are doing. CASTs could go around with the more tech-y ones such as Agastyas, Hunters had it easy since a lot of them worked, and the FOs favourites used to be the Angel Wings and Devil Wings. Not to mention Chu Chu. Who didn't love Chu Chu's random mice animation every once in a while, haha.

Anyway, MAGs added yet another layer of customization to your characters in PSO, allowing you to pretty much decide how you wanted to play your character early, a lot of times without having to go and grind to ludicrous levels in order to specialize in something. If I wanted to be a full techer FOnewearl, I could simply use my full MIND MAG, if I wanted to do some supporting and be useful to a team without damage cancelling, I'd run a more balanced MAG that would help out some other of the FOnewearl's strengths such as its ATA, allowing me to support and aid in battle with the help of a weapon's specials such as the Bringer's Rifle, and so on, so on. And if that wasn't enough, PB chaining was something everyone knew how to do, seeing as it was a MASSIVE boost to your team's abilities. A MAG with perfect synchro/IQ that used Mylla/Youla in a chain with 4 different PBs would cast upon your whole party Shifta and Deband LEVEL 80. The amount of ATP and DFP you got was nothing to scoff at -- a lot of times it made a big difference in your overall performance and everyone knew better to keep their MAGs well fed. If you didn't care about the huge stat boost, no problem, PB chaining for attack PBs also resulted in ludicrious damage being dished out at bosses and big rooms. They were there, ready to help the hunters at any hardship they might encounter.

People want their section I.D.s and Mags from PSO, and I want My Rooms and Multiple lobbies from PSU, I won't be a hypocrite and say some PSO stuff shouldn't be in the game just because it wasn't in PSU or because I could live without it. *shrug*

I don't mind the My Rooms and Multiple Lobbies from PSU -- those were actually fun. In a way, I even hope they manage to add those ups. Section IDs I'm not too sure on, it was a cool idea in that it made each character more important, since drops would be split between different IDs. But if that's not present, I won't be too sad. However, the ability to actually hunt for rare stuff is something I just want to see in the game. There's hardly anything as cool as going around and being greeted by a red box with the stuff you've been looking for!

•Col•
Jul 27, 2011, 12:58 PM

Awful lotta criticizing for not understanding anything about them in the slightest... <_<

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 01:00 PM
That's some terrible logic, imagine if everyone who played PSO and PSU decided to apply that to anything new PSO2 introduced. Not liking a mechanic when knowing exactly what purpose it serves is one thing, being ignorant of its benefits and saying it's annoying to even get informed of them is another. One is alright, the other... not really.

Awful lotta criticizing for not understanding anything about them in the slightest... <_<

Can't stop you from disagreeing, but I've stated how I feel. Oh, well.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 27, 2011, 01:02 PM
Sounds like it was mostly people that played PSO first liked mags...
The only thing I liked about them when I played PSO was the fact that they transformed into different things. But feeding them was still a pain in the ass, and almost felt not worth it. Because they transform it made your character feel a little more unique.

But once PSU came out with like 50 different outfits to choose from it was like "Meh mags are annoying."

I wouldn't mind if there was an improved and more interesting, yet less annoying mag system though. I guess... :\

I wouldn't say that's completely true. I'd love to play around with Mags in the new game, if it was a system similar to PSZ, but expanded. Anything to make it more unique and fun, right? Oh, and materials too, those were good.

maybe one hub for each planet, like base camp, not the way it was in psu, that just got annoying.

OH, OH, OH, AND BRING OGI!

GO!! OGI! loved that scene! XD

chibiLegolas
Jul 27, 2011, 01:03 PM
I'm sure on Sega's feedback billboard (the pic they posted a few weeks ago), someone mentioned bringing back mags since they were allways popular. Why bring them back in PSZ if no one liked them right?

The negative points why ppl didn't like PSO mags were pointed out in this thread. Constant interuptions through feeding, and making weak characters too powerful.
Hence PSU's PM's.
The thing is, PSU's PMs were no where nearly as popular as PSO's mags. I liked my PM, but he didn't feel as personal as my mags in PSO. They didn't feel like pets or accessories. They felt as inpersonal as a store clerk from any PSU shop (even in early animal form).

I'm hoping PSO2 might have a mix perhaps?
PSO's mags always fit into 2 types: pets or accessories.
Accessory mags gives some kind of character boost (stat, photon blast, etc.).
Pet mags fight along side you (much like PSU's PM or PSU's R-mags).
We know PSO2 can handle 12 player boards at once. So hopefully this time around, it means it can handle all party members bringing in their own fighting mags.

Zyrusticae
Jul 27, 2011, 01:04 PM
Am I the only person who approves of being able to adjust bust size because it means I can adjust it downwards when a concept I'm working on just doesn't have big tits?

100% with you.

Nothing wrong with IBTs! Some guys prefer them.

Watched the new trailer, and I apologize for not reading the thread, but the only thing I noticed in that trailer, I get to control the size of my boobs... At least I can gaurentee they will be exactly as small as I want them.

We should form an IBTC in-game when this comes out. ^^

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 01:14 PM

I'll gladly join. ^^;

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 01:18 PM
Something about a WHOLE group of tiny tit'd women kind of un-nerves me...

It's cute when it's just one of them though.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 27, 2011, 01:20 PM

Uh...........

chibiLegolas
Jul 27, 2011, 01:30 PM
Customization alone will drain hours for me once I get this game.
I hope all those details are noticable in game (outside visual chat mode).
I certainly didn't notice players faces in PSU. You're mostly known by your outfit, height, hair and weapon than anything else.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 01:43 PM
I certainly didn't notice players faces in PSU. You're mostly known by your outfit, height, hair and weapon than anything else.

Must have been ugly and/or generic characters, because I find myself not noticing a lot of character faces on PSU, too. The only faces that really seem to stand out to me are the attractive, well-made ones...which are extremely scarce.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 27, 2011, 01:46 PM
I didn't really notice faces either, but I have really bad eyesight. But since it seems I wasn't the only one, maybe it was more than that.

Most of the time I got complemented on certain color schemes.

HyperShot-X-
Jul 27, 2011, 02:15 PM
customizable mag(to some degree if not fully) with all of its PB chain combo glory would be awesome if brought back in one form or another.

New 'Original Combo' system for setting up combo move for weapon in action pallet.. I wonder if this means there won't be traditional timed button-input combo attacks and PA moves as in PSU or what..??

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2011, 02:23 PM
customizable mag(to some degree if not fully) with all of its PB chain combo glory would be awesome if brought back in one form or another.

New 'Original Combo' system for setting up combo move for weapon in action pallet.. I wonder if this means there won't be traditional timed button-input combo attacks and PA moves as in PSU or what..??

I hate the one button combo crap PSU has although it did keep you from picking up items while fighting and taking damage. A good example of Sega taking one step forward and two steps back.

I'm still hoping they include Mags in PSO2. I loved them but hated feeding them. lol

HyperShot-X-
Jul 27, 2011, 02:37 PM
I rather liked PSU's combo system as it required some skill to perform exactly timed just attack combos and not just button mashing, now with PSO2's 'Original Combo' system it sounds like you just keep pressing 1 button only to automatically perform your customized combo on your pallet.. if I understood it correctly. Anyone?

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2011, 02:50 PM
I rather liked PSU's combo system as it required some skill to perform exactly timed just attack combos and not just button mashing, now with PSO2's 'Original Combo' system it sounds like you just keep pressing 1 button only to automatically perform your customized combo on your pallet.. if I understood it correctly. Anyone?

PSU started that one button combo crap although you could also do it in PSO but PSO you could combo all 3 of your different attack strenghts.

HyperShot-X-
Jul 27, 2011, 03:34 PM
it really is not crap if you think about it in PSU all they did was combine weak+strong attack buttons into 1 normal attack button instead so they could assign 1 button to bringing up action/item pallets for much easier access, and there are only 4 main buttons on most controllers which is why I think PSO2 is introducing this one attack button combo as now another button is assigned to 'Jump' in addition to the existing 'item pick up' button and 'action pallet' button. I think I just answered a part of my own question lol but I guess timed attack combos will remain unchanged.. i hope.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 04:03 PM

No, from what I understand, you're very wrong. I'm pretty sure it's the opposite of that. But even if iit were a one button thing, it's already apparent that it's infinitely better than PSU's system.

ShinMaruku
Jul 27, 2011, 04:04 PM
Meh mostly mag shit is nostalgia talking and most nostalgia is dangerous.
Keep the stat boosting thing a character thing as the blast being an armour equip. If you need a pace breaker there are much better ways of doing things that levleing mags, leveling mags is like a gold star for children "Oooh Shiny"
I want better stuff.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 04:05 PM
MAGs were a good gameplay mechanic, not just nostalgia. I don't see any reason not to include them, especially since they would most likely be improved, as everything else is.

Legato Bluesummers
Jul 27, 2011, 04:06 PM
Can't stop you from disagreeing, but I've stated how I feel. Oh, well.

Thing is, "how you feel" is the direct result of your not so blissful ignorance on the matter, and thus isn't really worthy as valid criticism at all. They're not disagreeing, they're proving you wrong, because they know what they're talking about and you don't.

ShinMaruku
Jul 27, 2011, 04:08 PM
Sometimes things don't improve often times they regress. So don't count on it being better just by virtue of being new and shiny.

I never saw them as any good gameplay mechanic, it was a distraction with shiny new mags. I see the mag people like the people who get 20th prestige in MW2.
People gotta get that shiny, I want substance.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 04:12 PM
If you didn't use MAGS in PSO, you didn't play the game "properly" lol. A good mag could make you an incredible amount stronger. I remember situations where I'd forget to equip my mag and have my ass handed to me instantly.

I don't understand how you think they were just 'shinies'. They were a huge part of PSO, and a huge part of what determined your characters strength. Moreso than weapons/armor.

HyperShot-X-
Jul 27, 2011, 04:13 PM
No, from what I understand, you're very wrong. I'm pretty sure it's the opposite of that. But even if iit were a one button thing, it's already apparent that it's infinitely better than PSU's system.
the opposite of what? about the 1 button attack custom combo or about the timed attack combo? and what part specifically do you think PSO2 would be 'infinitely' better than PSU's system when you haven't even actually played it yet?

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 04:16 PM
What I meant was, I'm pretty sure different buttons do different attacks, rather than one button just going through everything. As for it being better, just look at it. PSU's combat system was... well there wasn't much of one. You just spammed your photon art again and again until you ran out of PP, then spammed a different photon art.

Ririko
Jul 27, 2011, 04:17 PM
Yes, materials and MAGs went a long way into molding what each character could and wanted to do in every specific scenario the game presented. Saying they were only "shinies" is... well, sign that you probably haven't played enough PSO.

I can kinda see on how you'd think MAG raising might be "boring", but one man's trash is another man's treasure. Tons of people dedicated their time at raising MAG and used that as a form of commerce, which also added more variables to their existence.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 04:18 PM
Thing is, "how you feel" is the direct result of your not so blissful ignorance on the matter, and thus isn't really worthy as valid criticism at all. They're not disagreeing, they're proving you wrong, because they know what they're talking about and you don't.

That's nice. I still don't care. You can't prove an opinion wrong (you can, however, point out fallacies), but good on you for being rude about it. I'm aware that I don't have "knowledge" on Mags, and that one could consider me "ignorant" on the subject, but none of that is relevant to me. All I know is that I don't like the concept of Mags, and that's that.

ShinMaruku
Jul 27, 2011, 04:18 PM
Both system could have had MUCH better combat but they didn't.
No invulnerability frames to be exploited, no proper aiming zones for some enemies no special stun state for bosses for massive damage. The new trailer has glimmers but I still wait to test myself.

voxie
Jul 27, 2011, 04:31 PM
HQ version of the concept trailer, in case it hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UITG2-0BUVo

Man, I just love how your faces AND body in the chat bubbles move as you char does - little touches like that seriously do count in the bigger picture.

And Casts being able to hover and skate, Shadow the Hedgehog style? Can't wait :3

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 04:32 PM
I love that touch too lol. It makes me feel like I'm watching some old anime. Thanks for the link.

voxie
Jul 27, 2011, 04:44 PM
HQ version of the concept trailer, in case it hasn't been posted yet:
&#x202a;Phantasy Star Online 2 Media Briefing Concept Trailer 720p&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UITG2-0BUVo)

Man, I just love how your faces AND body in the chat bubbles move as you char does - little touches like that seriously do count in the bigger picture.

And Casts being able to hover and skate, Shadow the Hedgehog style? Can't wait :3

Oop... Just noticed laggy characters at 0:43 on the left there - I reeeally hope they sort that out, that put me off in PSU completely.

HyperShot-X-
Jul 27, 2011, 04:44 PM
What I meant was, I'm pretty sure different buttons do different attacks, rather than one button just going through everything. As for it being better, just look at it. PSU's combat system was... well there wasn't much of one. You just spammed your photon art again and again until you ran out of PP, then spammed a different photon art.
well, there still is room for hope as not all button lay out has been finalized yet and I just noticed pallet access button now moved to Left shoulder button instead to make room for new 'Jump' button. In my view tho, the one dramatic change in PSO2 is new jumping action that would add a whole new dimension to combat such as air attack combo, air juggling, and platforming if done just right, but I'd say it's quite a bold move still, even audacious almost, to incorporate that mechanic which could lean more towards Action/platformer than the traditional ARPG.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 27, 2011, 04:46 PM
Indeed.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 04:48 PM
I noticed that little lagginess too, I really hope they fix that in the final. But this is basically pre-alpha still, so there's lots of room for improvement.

As for jumping, I think it's a great improvement. Not only to combat, but to help the world feel more complete and 3D. I love PSO, but I never did like feeling stuck to the ground.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 27, 2011, 04:49 PM
Agreed. I don't know why, but the lack of jumping irked me to no end...

Legato Bluesummers
Jul 27, 2011, 04:58 PM
That's nice. I still don't care. You can't prove an opinion wrong

I know Internet message boards as a whole often like to hide behind that notion, but you certainly can when they're based on faulty logic and provable falsehoods. Your entire argument for disliking Mags is "I was too lazy to learn how to utilise them" so obviously, and I'm just telling it how it is here, it has no credibility or worth as a serious piece of criticism.

But you don't care for making those apparently, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Oop... Just noticed laggy characters at 0:43 on the left there - I reeeally hope they sort that out, that put me off in PSU completely.

Is that kind of lag really all that "fixable" though? Cause I always had some in PSU as far as I can remember. So I'd be satisfied if at least I don't get to see people warping all over the place and enemies dying when I see nobody around them here.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 05:01 PM
I know Internet message boards as a whole often like to hide behind that notion, but you certainly can when they're based on faulty logic and provable falsehoods. Your entire argument for disliking Mags is "I was too lazy to learn how to utilise them" so obviously, and I'm just telling it how it is here, it has no credibility or worth as a serious piece of criticism.

But you don't care for making those apparently, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Now you're getting it. I don't care if it's credible or not; the facts are irrelevant to me. I think Mags are silly and unimportant to PSO2, there you go.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 05:01 PM
Lag is fixable, PSU was just programmed by monkeys. Hopefully, that won't be the case with PSO2.

I think YOU'RE silly, Olaf. MAGs are great.

ShinMaruku
Jul 27, 2011, 05:02 PM
Not so much the code. The pipeline is shit in the states.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 05:03 PM
Just sayin'. I play games all day, with damn near no lag at all. There's no reason PSO2 shouldn't be able to be this way.

Vashyron
Jul 27, 2011, 05:04 PM
Those people skipping near the start of the video could be network related "lag" or;

It's like how in PC PSU, when someone dropped below the specified frames they would run in slow motion on their screen, while on other people they would seem like they were "skipping" like how that video shows.

Speaking of which, they better have included auto-frameskip like how 99% of PC games have in the past decade, that whole fixed FPS thing PSU had was embarrassing.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah, that was ridiculous. Even BlueBurst handled frameskipping better.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 27, 2011, 05:05 PM
On the subject of lag in PSO 2...the PC being used can also play a part in how much lag there may be. But I guess it's too early to say for sure...

ShadowDragon28
Jul 27, 2011, 05:08 PM
I don't get the MAG hate/dislike. They were and *are* awesome both visually, and in their functions and usefulness IMO.
I would of been unable to deal with ULT areas if it wasn't for my Rati. Saved me from burning through the few scapedolls i could scrape together...
(rest in peace "SithWing"... : ( )

ShinMaruku
Jul 27, 2011, 05:09 PM
Just sayin'. I play games all day, with damn near no lag at all. There's no reason PSO2 shouldn't be able to be this way.

2 things, you may be a rare ngood network area or the game has some very nice tricks to hide the lag.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 05:13 PM
Most games in general don't really lag for me, but there is the occasional lemon. Hoping PSO2 won't fall under that category

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 06:58 PM

I'll take small ones over super ginormous ones anyway, because those tend to be saggy (or will get saggy over time.) Unless you're one of those females with WONDERFUL genes who has a chest who does a good job of supporting them.

But you have to have a body that supports super tiny ones in order for it to be sexy, though.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 07:07 PM
But you have to have a body that supports super tiny ones in order for it to be sexy, though.

Petite gals! I've already decided that my character is going to be a petite (not short, mind you..petite. There's a difference) HUnewearl. I've already got a good idea of how she'll look, too. Can never be over-prepared, you know.

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2011, 07:15 PM
You say that like I don't.

We're talking reasonable size, not the tits themselves. Legitimate boobs of the anime chick size are saggy and droop ridden in real life outside of a bra, and nobody wants that.

If you like your women plastic then have at it.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 07:17 PM
That's my point; being able to shape the bust of our female characters is not too much at all. A genitalia slider, however, would be.

(And don't be so easy to butthurt and more understanding of sarcasm the next time, okay? It hurts.)

I actually stopped reading after I read the party about the slider. My uncle was in a car accident and I'm stuck running the family busniess so I'm not exactly getting the full night's sleep I usually get. Doesn't help that I just got through reading a bunch of posts where people really were pissed about the ability to adjust breast size and shape. easy to just lump people in and move on.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 27, 2011, 07:18 PM
Oh, dear, what an interesting conversation you're having here, eh? :lol:

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 27, 2011, 07:19 PM
Since we are on the subject... Where are the Female Cast bewb screen shots?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 27, 2011, 07:23 PM
Eheheheh, not present. :P

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 07:25 PM
Since we are on the subject... Where are the Female Cast bewb screen shots?

They sadly didn't show the Caseal customization. That sucks, because I was curious to see their outfits and how they complement the female curves. Caseal outfits are usually pretty sexy.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 07:26 PM
They skipped over a lot of things...

But I guess a taste is better than the trolling they've been doing before hand.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 27, 2011, 07:29 PM
It didn't look like Casts were given a fleshy option, one of the few things I liked about PSU too...

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 07:37 PM
It didn't look like Casts were given a fleshy option, one of the few things I liked about PSU too...

Yeah, but we don't know that yet. Not everything has been unveiled. I also liked the pseudo-fleshie option that was available in PSU.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 07:41 PM
I thought I saw a tab to switch from mechanized to fleshy? I'm not home so I can't confirm that, but that's what I thought I saw

Forever Zero
Jul 27, 2011, 07:49 PM
Ok, I've got a question. Sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm trying to keep up with this topic the best I can, lol.

Did any of you guys happen to notice a male newman in the videos? They were a missing race/gender combo in the original PSO and I am hoping it will make it in this time around. Same with the HUmarl and newman rangers. However I did see mention of FOcasts which is pretty cool! ;)

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 27, 2011, 07:59 PM
Ok, I've got a question. Sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm trying to keep up with this topic the best I can, lol.

Did any of you guys happen to notice a male newman in the videos? They were a missing race/gender combo in the original PSO and I am hoping it will make it in this time around. Same with the HUmarl and newman rangers. However I did see mention of FOcasts which is pretty cool! ;)
From the video it shows you can pick your Newmans gender, then pick their class; Hunter, Ranger, Force. Then you go into your in-depth customization. So yes; HUmarl, RAnewm and every other combination.

•Col•
Jul 27, 2011, 09:02 PM

I'm sure there will be SOME fleshy options for at least the RAcaseal. They were fleshy even in PSO...

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 10:16 PM
I'm sure there will be SOME fleshy options for at least the RAcaseal. They were fleshy even in PSO...

I can't find where i saw what I thought I saw, but HUcaseals and RAcaseals have historically been more human-like than machine-like. With as much customization as they're offering now, I can't see them limiting casts in that way. I'm sure it just something they're working on a bit more before the alpha and such.

•Col•
Jul 27, 2011, 10:41 PM
I can't find where i saw what I thought I saw, but HUcaseals and RAcaseals have historically been more human-like than machine-like. With as much customization as they're offering now, I can't see them limiting casts in that way. I'm sure it just something they're working on a bit more before the alpha and such.

Yeah, plus it'd hardly be difficult to implement and it would be a really nice feature for those who want it so I just don't see why they wouldn't allow for that option...

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 10:42 PM
I actually stopped reading after I read the party about the slider. My uncle was in a car accident and I'm stuck running the family busniess so I'm not exactly getting the full night's sleep I usually get. Doesn't help that I just got through reading a bunch of posts where people really were pissed about the ability to adjust breast size and shape. easy to just lump people in and move on.

Was he okay?

Petite gals! I've already decided that my character is going to be a petite (not short, mind you..petite. There's a difference) HUnewearl. I've already got a good idea of how she'll look, too. Can never be over-prepared, you know.Petite is nice. I notice the Hunewearl doesn't have as much tone on her as the PSU female base does. Hopefully you can change that without turning her into a man.

And Im the LAST person to bring up an anatomy discussion in this place....but does anyone else think the Hunewearl is a bit...thin? Not thin as in skinny, but THIN. It's like her torso is smaller than it should be. It's probably her complete lack of an ass (which im positive the slider can change), but i just thought her hips looked a bit flat depth wise.

WiZ1988
Jul 27, 2011, 10:49 PM
I REALLY hope we have mags, and hope we have some new ones. If there aren't oh well I suppose.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 10:58 PM
Petite is nice. I notice the Hunewearl doesn't have as much tone on her as the PSU female base does. Hopefully you can change that without turning her into a man.

Weird, I was comparing the midsections whilst I had PSU up and running, and noticed that the HUnewearl has quite a bit more detail in the abdominals than the PSU base models do.

does anyone else think the Hunewearl is a bit...thin? Not thin as in skinny, but THIN. It's like her torso is smaller than it should be. It's probably her complete lack of an ass (which im positive the slider can change), but i just thought her hips looked a bit flat depth wise.

I noticed this, too. The shape of her body seems to be just a teensy-weensy bit stylized. As in, her hips seem to be a lot wider than her chest, almost to an abnormal level. However, this doesn't bother me, as I think the HUnewearl has a rockin' bod either way. Besides, the pelvic bones are actually protruding as they realistically should. In PSU, the only outfit in which the pelvic bones showed was the Voloyal Set.

Juza
Jul 27, 2011, 11:02 PM
Lobby dancing, yay.

Character creation, mediocre at best. Didn't expect anything groundbreaking from Sega, though. :P Negative points for the boob slider, ugh. Just ugh.

Character portrait chat thingies, yay.

Rappies, yay, rappies look like rappies again.

No mags? Mags were stupid. There, I said it. So what, you want to fight about it? :X

No beasts? No indication that Numans are being restricted to fluffy fuzzy space elves?

Welp, I'm about ready to forgive Sega for everything; all I need to see are twin claws, and they win. Grumble. Grumble. *shakes fist in the general direction of Japan*

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 11:03 PM
Character creation, mediocre at best. Didn't expect anything groundbreaking from Sega, though. :P Negative points for the boob slider, ugh. Just ugh.

Character portrait chat thingies, yay.

Rappies, yay, rappies look like rappies again.

No mags? Mags were stupid. There, I said it. So what, you want to fight about it? :X

No beasts? No indication that Numans are being restricted to fluffy fuzzy space elves?

Welp, I'm about ready to forgive Sega for everything; all I need to see are twin claws, and they win. Grumble. Grumble. *shakes fist in the general direction of Japan*

Quote of the month, my friends.

Quote of the month.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 11:06 PM
Lobby dancing, yay.

This has got to be trollbait. Has. to. be.

AfroGuy!
Jul 27, 2011, 11:08 PM
how is the character creation mediocre at best?

Juza
Jul 27, 2011, 11:17 PM
...Have you watched the video? More importantly, played anything other than PS* in the past year or two?

It's completely mediocre. Standard fare. Solid, perhaps. Improved over PSO and PSU, to be sure, which is good. But hardly wildly exciting.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 11:20 PM
Well, if you really think that, then you're in the infinitesimally small minority, there.

FOkyasuta
Jul 27, 2011, 11:24 PM
Well you do have some options. Not a Crap-Load though.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2011, 11:24 PM
I thought I was the one who was a sucker for troll posts...why are YOU guys falling for this?

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 11:30 PM
LOL @ Juza

Weird, I was comparing the midsections whilst I had PSU up and running, and noticed that the HUnewearl has quite a bit more detail in the abdominals than the PSU base models do.

I noticed this, too. The shape of her body seems to be just a teensy-weensy bit stylized. As in, her hips seem to be a lot wider than her chest, almost to an abnormal level. However, this doesn't bother me, as I think the HUnewearl has a rockin' bod either way. Besides, the pelvic bones are actually protruding as they realistically should. In PSU, the only outfit in which the pelvic bones showed was the Voloyal Set.

For hunewearl I'm imagining the combination of your average asian girls body, mixed with the extra slenderness of newmans in general to give them that alien/kingdomhearts like anatomy. Which from the wrong angle will display her "OMG BROKEN" spine. So yeah basically I'm just saying it's cause she's a newman.

Zyrusticae
Jul 27, 2011, 11:39 PM

:-?

Juza
Jul 27, 2011, 11:40 PM
I thought I was the one who was a sucker for troll posts...why are YOU guys falling for this?

Pfft. If you want trolling, go hit up my line about Mags. I'll happily admit I threw that in just to rile up PSO fanboys. (I really don't care about Mags one way or the other. :p)

Sorry. The character generator really isn't anything special in this day and age. Go look at something like, say, EVE Online's current system. Come back and tell me, with a straight face, that PSO2's character generator is revolutionizing anything.

Protip: It isn't. It's merely providing what it needs to in order to live up to the baseline standard of character generation in games these days.

Maybe I should've used 'run-of-the-mill' instead of 'mediocre', but them's the breaks.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2011, 11:46 PM
So you change how high your character's titties point up in EVE online?

Zyrusticae
Jul 27, 2011, 11:51 PM
Yes.

But seriously? Your standards are fucked up. EVE Online, APB, Aion, and Champions Online are NOT the standard for customization in RPGs; they're exceptions. Outliers. The very best of the best. There are almost no other games that can match them on the market.

I mean, hell, it'd be nice if they were the standard. There's a whole lot of games that I can't play just because their customization is so blatantly inferior. But it's not. Not even close.

What do you call Rift's customization? Because it's practically nonexistent. If PSO2 is "run-of-the-mill", WoW and Rift must be in the realm of "absofuckinglutely terribad". LOTRO, Warhammer Online, EQ2, Age of Conan... Hell, even SWTOR, with its hundreds of millions of dollars in budget, is going to have far inferior customization (evidence: absolutely all the footage and screenshots released so far show minimal variation in looks).

Standard, indeed! I wish.

Juza
Jul 27, 2011, 11:51 PM
So you change how high your character's titties point up in EVE online?

Okay, I stand corrected, perhaps the boob-popping slider is, in fact, innovative. :roll:

Ririko
Jul 27, 2011, 11:55 PM
Except EVE's character creator is also far above the usual in terms of customization ability. If you want to call something "run-of-the-mill" that's more along the lines of what people's favourite World of Warcraft allows you to do. Which isn't nearly as much as you can do in both EVE and, apparently, PSO2.

EVE and PSO2 are the exceptions, not the rule. Check out every other MMO out there and you'll see for yourself that this level of customization is rare. Revolutionary? Hardly, but that doesn't mean it's not very well crafted.

EDIT: Seems like Zyru beat me to it. Oh well!

•Col•
Jul 27, 2011, 11:58 PM
Yes.

But seriously? Your standards are fucked up. EVE Online, APB, Aion, and Champions Online are NOT the standard for customization in RPGs; they're exceptions. Outliers. The very best of the best. There are almost no other games that can match them on the market.

^What I was gonna say.

PSO2's character creation is waaaaaaay more complex than the standard MMO, and is a huge step up from PSU's customization.

But yeah. Not the best ever, but definitely not mediocre. :l

DarK-SuN
Jul 28, 2011, 12:03 AM
What do you call Rift's customization? Because it's practically nonexistent. If PSO2 is "run-of-the-mill", WoW and Rift must be in the realm of "absofuckinglutely terribad". LOTRO, Warhammer Online, EQ2, Age of Conan... Hell, even SWTOR, with its hundreds of millions of dollars in budget, is going to have far inferior customization (evidence: absolutely all the footage and screenshots released so far show minimal variation in looks).

Standard, indeed! I wish.
To correct things a little bit there, WOW's customization is non existant, you only change skin tone, hair and face (textures, it's not even a face shaper). No height, no proportions, nothing at all.
Rift actually lets you "shape" the face, height and body proportions (including boob size by the way while we're at it).
The "terribad" one is really WOW, Rift is "run of the mill" nowadays.

EVE, Champions and PSO2 are among the VERY few who let you customize almost everything about your character, down to your nostril size and boob orientation (except EVE in this last point, Champions does let you do it like PSO2, however).

I can't wait for PSO2 to be honest!

Nintex
Jul 28, 2011, 12:15 AM
I SO HOPE THAT PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 COMES TO THE WII U!

Juza
Jul 28, 2011, 12:17 AM

Okay. So, what else have you got? I mean, you've just named most of the market, in terms of well-known MMOs.

Forgive me if I'm not considering the legions of low-level crap that people haven't even heard of. For some reason, I have it in my head that PSO2 might actually be an attempt by Sega to return to greatness.

I'll give you Rift. Haven't looked at SWTOR at all, so I can't comment there. WoW? WoW is to the MMO industry as McDonald's is to the fast food industry. Billions and billions served, but yes - it's crap.

As for the rest... Oh, good god. I can't. I have to ask:

Warhammer Online. Seriously?

*Seriously?*

WAR was a dead game mere months after it came out. Hell, I'm pretty sure the PC/PS2 population of PSU at the end was higher than WAR's has been for years. :P

...Oh god. Okay, I think I'm done cracking up.

LOTRO, EQ2, AoC... All old games. I'll grant you EVE is an outlier - but not the sort you insist. No, it's an outlier because it's an old game that *has* improved it's character generator. The current EVE character generator is comparatively new.

PSO2 is a new game. The PSO2 character generator has to be compared to newer and new games. Comparing it to relics from the past and shouting, "Awesomesauce!" is a bit lulzy.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 28, 2011, 12:29 AM
*face palm* wow....

•Col•
Jul 28, 2011, 12:30 AM
Compared to new games?

FFXIV.... *cough*....

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2011, 12:37 AM
You guys ARE really easy to troll. o_o

Assuming he's even half serious he's just gonna move to trolling after he's been proven wrong the 3rd time. :0

Ririko
PSO2 is a new game. The PSO2 character generator has to be compared to newer and new games. Comparing it to relics from the past and shouting, "Awesomesauce!" is a bit lulzy.

And what "new games" exactly have character creators that are better than PSO2's? Better start listing all of them, I'm all ears.

Again, I think you just picked the wrong words. Not being revolutionary is one thing, being mediocre is another. Even in the wave of upcoming MMOs which will be paid and have a considerable amount of hype surrounding them (read: SWTOR, TERA), none of them have shown customization on the level of PSO2's (and EVE and whatever other titles stand out regarding this particular feature).

So yeah, please enlighten all of us in which are these elusive games which feature revolutionary character creators that blow PSO2's out of the water, making it look mediocre in comparison.

SStrikerR
Judging by the combat video, I don't see how the hell you'd be able to pull all that off playing with a keyboard.

But whatever, I'm pumped.

Edit: Stop arguing over this stupid shit, people. It's not like what you say changes anything, so just watch the videos, make your own theories, and wait for the game to come out.

•Col•
Jul 28, 2011, 12:41 AM
Judging by the combat video, I don't see how the hell you'd be able to pull all that off playing with a keyboard.

But whatever, I'm pumped.

It's pretty simple if you look at the gamepad controls... Unless you're talking about the TPS aspect, but even then you don't need to be super precise with it, so a control stick will suffice.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 28, 2011, 12:53 AM
Feeling pretty sad on the growing reality of a lack of beasts. I mean, I know that keeping the races at the original 3 keeps true to PSO, but I don't want to play as a robot or a space elf. Screw humans too.

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2011, 01:03 AM
Feeling pretty sad on the growing reality of a lack of beasts. I mean, I know that keeping the races at the original 3 keeps true to PSO, but I don't want to play as a robot or a space elf. Screw humans too.

Newmans were the original Beasts. You can make them look quite primal if you do it correctly. Besides, you never know what SEGA has planned for future expansions.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2011, 01:06 AM
I'm just going to guess that I speak for most people when I say that the vast majority of folks looking forward to this game won't really miss them in the slightest.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 28, 2011, 01:07 AM
That's what I'm hoping for with the ear slider. Though, getting them to look primal is one thing and making cat ears is whole other story.

- Edit @ Drayk: You're right, but it doesn't stop me from missing them.

•Col•
Jul 28, 2011, 01:32 AM
In PSP2, they added a new ear-type for male Beasts... I was instantly reminded of them when I saw this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/1234554321/ears.jpg

Very tempted to make a tribute to my PSU/PSP2 character for PSO2....

Allison_W
Jul 28, 2011, 01:33 AM

Gotta say the concept I have in mind at the moment will be in the Drinkin' Smokin' Facepunchin' Committee, alas...

...because she just has IBTs from all the workin' out to support the "I kill things with my muscles" lifestyle.

RemiusTA
Jul 28, 2011, 02:03 AM
Pfft. If you want trolling, go hit up my line about Mags. I'll happily admit I threw that in just to rile up PSO fanboys. (I really don't care about Mags one way or the other. :p)

Sorry. The character generator really isn't anything special in this day and age. Go look at something like, say, EVE Online's current system. Come back and tell me, with a straight face, that PSO2's character generator is revolutionizing anything.

Protip: It isn't. It's merely providing what it needs to in order to live up to the baseline standard of character generation in games these days.

Maybe I should've used 'run-of-the-mill' instead of 'mediocre', but them's the breaks.

Eve Online

1) uses probably double, triple, maybe even quadruple the amount of triangles in their models.

2) utilizes complex shaders on the models

3) really doesn't have anything that PSO2 currently does not.

Ive been searching through the videos, and i honestly can't find anything that PSO2 doesn't have right now. In fact, some aspects (hair) are probably MORE in-depth than Eve Online, judging from how Hair was done in PSU alone. You're being swayed by pretty graphics, pretty much. I didn't see a boob sliders on Eve Online, either. Fail.

Eve does things PSO2 doesnt, PSO2 does things Eve doesn't. In all truth, you have MUCH more freedom in PSO2. But honestly, you comparing the two is asinine, seeing as they're completely different games, with completely different styles, trying to accomplish completely different things with their respective customization engines.

...because she just has IBTs from all the workin' out to support the "I kill things with my muscles" lifestyle.
contrary to popular belief, every female who works out alot doesn't have a flat chest. Although it would PROBABLY be beneficial to most of them (gymnasts) to not have too much, and in fact, may actually be the reason you dont see too many of them with breasts.

Working out probably prevents them from getting much bigger, but i highly doubt working out alot makes them much smaller. Unless it's like, marathon running or something, because those people never have any fat anywhere.

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2011, 02:42 AM
I don't know, I'm not too sad Beasts aren't in. Mostly because the Newmans (or at least the HUnewearl) look pretty "wild" as it stands right now. I was planning to give my HUnewearl large, cat-like eyes, anyway.

Jade DaBain
Jul 28, 2011, 03:05 AM

Mags in PSO were more like a always around partner, if you think about it. I mean, with a Mag by your side, you didnt feel like you were alone when you were by yourself. Sure, they were never helpful, by my standards, but you sort of end up bonding with them like they are a friend, always standing next to you, helping you if you ever need the help. They got your back, if you just ask. Now, in PSU, they were more useful. They were separated into two types. Those that do tech attacks and those that do "bullet" attacks. On those, you can either tell them to do the tech you want them to do, like a wand or they can automatically shoot "bullets" at the enemy. Again, they were the buddy at your side. So, if you think about it, there not exactly useless. There more of a companion.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 28, 2011, 03:13 AM
I don't know, I'm not too sad Beasts aren't in. Mostly because the Newmans (or at least the HUnewearl) look pretty "wild" as it stands right now. I was planning to give my HUnewearl large, cat-like eyes, anyway.

Same here, the beasts were a nice addition but i never was much fond of them. Maybe cause i wasn't really fond of Nanoblasting...Must say the beast females were just as cute/sexy as female newmans though, but that aside i see no point to keep them really.

I also like the "wild" look of the Hunewearls as it stands now too, i will defnitally make one again, i was a bit dissapointed that they got nerfed melee wise in PSU. Or at least it felt like that to me.

Niloklives
Jul 28, 2011, 03:15 AM
Mags in PSO were more like a always around partner, if you think about it. I mean, with a Mag by your side, you didnt feel like you were alone when you were by yourself. Sure, they were never helpful, by my standards, but you sort of end up bonding with them like they are a friend, always standing next to you, helping you if you ever need the help. They got your back, if you just ask. Now, in PSU, they were more useful. They were separated into two types. Those that do tech attacks and those that do "bullet" attacks. On those, you can either tell them to do the tech you want them to do, like a wand or they can automatically shoot "bullets" at the enemy. Again, they were the buddy at your side. So, if you think about it, there not exactly useless. There more of a companion.

except only the R-Mag was automated...the T-Mag was like any other weapon. i also dont get your friend metaphor. was it helpful or wasn't it? you kinda go back and forth trying to validate them but at the same time you say they're worthless

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2011, 03:18 AM
Same here, the beasts were a nice addition but i never was much fond of them. Maybe cause i wasn't really fond of Nanoblasting...Must say the beast females were just as cute/sexy as female newmans though, but that aside i see no point to keep them really.

I actually always found Beasts girls to be leagues better than Newmans girls in PSU, but that's just how I think.

Jade DaBain
Jul 28, 2011, 03:24 AM
except only the R-Mag was automated...the T-Mag was like any other weapon. i also dont get your friend metaphor. was it helpful or wasn't it? you kinda go back and forth trying to validate them but at the same time you say they're worthless

If you read what I said, I did mention about the Mags in PSU. To help clear up what I said because I do at times tend to confuse people, PSO Mags were more of a "Im there if you need me" type while PSU Mags were either the other weapon Tech type or the second gun type. But, in both games, Mags were like a friend who was always around, helping you, never letting you down.

Niloklives
Jul 28, 2011, 03:57 AM
except in PSO they were 100% random when they activated and were otherwise just stat boosting gear. In PSU they were weapons that I would never call a friend - especially the T-Mag since you had to switch to it and actively choose to cast a tech like any other techer weapon. is my wand a friend too?

Jade DaBain
Jul 28, 2011, 04:05 AM
except in PSO they were 100% random when they activated and were otherwise just stat boosting gear. In PSU they were weapons that I would never call a friend - especially the T-Mag since you had to switch to it and actively choose to cast a tech like any other techer weapon. is my wand a friend too?

I guess I just see things differently then others.

voxie
Jul 28, 2011, 07:22 AM
Is that kind of lag really all that "fixable" though? Cause I always had some in PSU as far as I can remember. So I'd be satisfied if at least I don't get to see people warping all over the place and enemies dying when I see nobody around them here.

I really hope so... :( I mean I don't see that in World of Warcraft, or if I do, it's very rare.

I hate seeing fellow players skip around lagging, it's annoying, and spoils the whole 'togetherness' experience for me. Am I being picky? I can't be the only one surely!

Blue-Hawk
Jul 28, 2011, 07:36 AM
Ok, after watching that video, the hunter's whip attack REALLY has me interested. But will this game be coming stateside or will I be forced to pay more than I should on an import that may or may not work on my US pc?

Jade DaBain
Jul 28, 2011, 07:42 AM
Ok, after watching that video, the hunter's whip attack REALLY has me interested. But will this game be coming stateside or will I be forced to pay more than I should on an import that may or may not work on my US pc?

We dont know yet if it will be going stateside or not. Keep checking this site for more info as it comes.

voxie
Jul 28, 2011, 08:01 AM
I bet my LIFE on it that this game comes State-side. :D

Noxia
Jul 28, 2011, 08:57 AM
You were not very fond of Beasts, but you will be very fond of Pouny ! >:3 Human, Newman or Cast ! Pouny will pouny you ! >:3
And Noxia will come back for Divine Pounyshment !

Jade DaBain
Jul 28, 2011, 09:02 AM
I bet my LIFE on it that this game comes State-side. :D

Please hope that your right on that.

lostinseganet
Jul 28, 2011, 09:06 AM
You never know what an expansion pack will bring...

they could make humans turn into werwolf's or wer_______? you know humans alway getting their dna where it does not belong.

Jade DaBain
Jul 28, 2011, 09:10 AM
they could make humans turn into werwolf's or wer_______? you know humans alway getting their dna where it does not belong.

Oh great..... Just what we need..... Werehogs, errr wolves.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 28, 2011, 10:04 AM
You were not very fond of Beasts, but you will be very fond of Pouny ! >:3 Human, Newman or Cast ! Pouny will pouny you ! >:3

I remember a Pouny from PSU PS2/PC servers... though some of those memories aren't very nice to remember...

I also recall a character named Noxia making bunnies in the chat bubble all the time.

Jade DaBain
Jul 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
I remember a Pouny from PSU PS2/PC servers... though some of those memories aren't very nice to remember...

I also recall a character named Noxia making bunnies in the chat bubble all the time.

LOL! Care to explain to us what the memories were about?

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 28, 2011, 10:24 AM
Not really. Too embarrassing for me to say ._.
And too embarrassing for Pouny too I bet!

Zyrusticae
Jul 28, 2011, 10:25 AM
Okay. So, what else have you got? I mean, you've just named most of the market, in terms of well-known MMOs.

Forgive me if I'm not considering the legions of low-level crap that people haven't even heard of. For some reason, I have it in my head that PSO2 might actually be an attempt by Sega to return to greatness.
LOL.

Dude, the market is huge. HUGE. Look at the list on MMORPG.com - 429 games to date! FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY NINE.

It doesn't freaking matter what the "most well-known MMOs" are, that's troll logic. You asserted PSO2 levels of customization were the standard, and if you're to go by the standard, you have to look at ALL the MMOs, not just the best ones. The best ones set a high bar to surpass. The standard ones are standard, and never even approach the high bar.

I'll give you Rift. Haven't looked at SWTOR at all, so I can't comment there. WoW? WoW is to the MMO industry as McDonald's is to the fast food industry. Billions and billions served, but yes - it's crap.

As for the rest... Oh, good god. I can't. I have to ask:

Warhammer Online. Seriously?

*Seriously?*

WAR was a dead game mere months after it came out. Hell, I'm pretty sure the PC/PS2 population of PSU at the end was higher than WAR's has been for years. :P

...Oh god. Okay, I think I'm done cracking up.

LOTRO, EQ2, AoC... All old games. I'll grant you EVE is an outlier - but not the sort you insist. No, it's an outlier because it's an old game that *has* improved it's character generator. The current EVE character generator is comparatively new.

Fine.

I'll make a list of games released in the past 5 years for you:

Rift, Vindictus, Final Fantasy XIV (omg, it's like a trip back to 2003!), DC Universe Online (this one was SUCH a disappointment, ESPECIALLY after Champions), Tera (no body customization at all! Wtf!), Archeage (SAME THING! WTF!), Global Agenda, Star Trek Online (lol @ Cryptic justifying minimum C-cup boobs), Age of Conan (seriously, old? 3 years ago is OLD?), Warhammer Online (it released, it counts, it's part of the standard), Pirates of the Caribbean Online, Sword of the New World, Lord of the Rings Online, Aion, Champions Online, APB Reloaded.

There you go. Out of a list of 16 games, only three of them even match PSO2's level of customization. And that's only the big stuff. There's tons of F2P titles out there and none of them offer anything close to that. (And yes, THEY COUNT. You don't get to make up a fictional, relentlessly thin "standard" that consists of two games released in the last two years, and exclude every single one of the smaller games that come out every year). Even future games look to be disappointing in that regard.

Like I said, it would be nice if PSO2 level customization were the standard. But it's not. Not even close. But if you like to dream, go right ahead! Who am I to stop you?

contrary to popular belief, every female who works out alot doesn't have a flat chest. Although it would PROBABLY be beneficial to most of them (gymnasts) to not have too much, and in fact, may actually be the reason you dont see too many of them with breasts.

Working out probably prevents them from getting much bigger, but i highly doubt working out alot makes them much smaller. Unless it's like, marathon running or something, because those people never have any fat anywhere.
I felt this needed a clarification.

Breasts are mostly fat. But they're not ALL fat. Working out most of the fat from your body will naturally reduce the size of your breasts, to a point. If you do body building, however, your pectorals will increase in size, which will add the the impression that your boobs are larger than they really are.

Naturally, because swimmers, gymnasts, and runners go through training that burns most of the fat right off their bodies, they have a tendancy to have smaller breasts or even almost completely flat chests. There are, naturally, going to be exceptions, particularly those who have lots of excess breast tissue (which are used in storage; it doesn't actually affect production, as completely flat-chested women can still feed - they just have to do so more often).

http://ecdn2.hark.com/images/000/006/087/6087/original.0

Enforcer MKV
Jul 28, 2011, 12:18 PM
http://ecdn2.hark.com/images/000/006/087/6087/original.0

I cried......tears of hilarity. You get an upgrade to PLATINUM man-card, sir. XD

Musekaze
Jul 28, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm not going to miss beasts. While I so no reason not to keep them, no tears will be shed.

I played PSO...a lot...and also viewed MAGs as annoying and purely for stat boosting. If you died, synch went down, and if you forget to instant-feed it enough...well, it becomes a bit useless. Even in a party of 4, a PB chain with 4 people almost never happened. Every gained PB at different rates and more often than not, you ended up at the boss' door or telepiping back for something before everyone was at 100% (unless you decided to go through the normal levels in battle mode so you could friendly fire and charge each other!) I wouldn't mind seeing MAGs come back as long as they served as different purpose, and not just there to force you to use the shortcut menu instead of holding R to access the things on your second palette. More often than not, hitting 100% means re-equip the mag.

I am seriously in awe at the depth of the character customization but as a CAST player (save PSU), I want to see some more parts for CASTs. I think there were 3 different sets shown in the video. I WANT MOAR!

And yay for bewbies. My brother will be immensely satisfied (and he's 21 >.>).

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2011, 02:01 PM
Omg...

I swear to god...

PLEASE DON'T MAKE A HEDGEHOG RACE!!!!

ANYTHING BUT THAT...

I'll cut off my toes... To prevent this game from being flooded with Sonic Fursonas...

zombiemoshpit84
Jul 28, 2011, 02:05 PM
these are all very interesting Video + Observations posts. lol

Ryoten
Jul 28, 2011, 03:14 PM

MUST....OBEY....THE...POUNY!!!! lol Man, those were grand times on PSU. Hopefully you'll be able to start a new comic this time around Noxia.

Niloklives
Jul 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'm not going to miss beasts. While I so no reason not to keep them, no tears will be shed.

I played PSO...a lot...and also viewed MAGs as annoying and purely for stat boosting. If you died, synch went down, and if you forget to instant-feed it enough...well, it becomes a bit useless. Even in a party of 4, a PB chain with 4 people almost never happened. Every gained PB at different rates and more often than not, you ended up at the boss' door or telepiping back for something before everyone was at 100% (unless you decided to go through the normal levels in battle mode so you could friendly fire and charge each other!) I wouldn't mind seeing MAGs come back as long as they served as different purpose, and not just there to force you to use the shortcut menu instead of holding R to access the things on your second palette. More often than not, hitting 100% means re-equip the mag.

I am seriously in awe at the depth of the character customization but as a CAST player (save PSU), I want to see some more parts for CASTs. I think there were 3 different sets shown in the video. I WANT MOAR!

And yay for bewbies. My brother will be immensely satisfied (and he's 21 >.>).

The people I played with (including randoms) saved up for a 4 way S/D PB combo all the time. we could clear half the game on ult with one set of buffs...why NOT do it? Sounds like you played with crazies and weirdos.

Musekaze
Jul 28, 2011, 04:10 PM
The people I played with (including randoms) saved up for a 4 way S/D PB combo all the time. we could clear half the game on ult with one set of buffs...why NOT do it? Sounds like you played with crazies and weirdos.

I think that by any definition of "crazies and weirdos" my brother, my friend, and every single member of Da Familia falls into that category.

Either that, or we were just so good, we didn't need lv 80 buffs.

Niloklives
Jul 28, 2011, 04:15 PM
never about needing, just about abusing. and all I'm saying is it may be jumping the gun to base the experience of others on your personal experience. for all you know, you're in the minority.

Musekaze
Jul 28, 2011, 04:56 PM
Not saying that I NEVER got a 4-man photon chain, but that it was very, very rare, especially since the bulk of my time on PSO was spent offline, with only 3 people playing. It would have been a tad more viable if the PB bar didn't die every time you went back to PS, unless you wore 4 PB Creates (which is just plain silly).

Hell, I remember times before we fought Dark Flow we'd stand in the chainsaw traps just to build up our PBs to buff before the boss fight. My last comment was also meant in good humor. The people I played with (Da Familia) were never about being the best or getting things done fast, lol. In fact, it was about as dysfunctional as you could get, but hell we got stuff done and we had fun doing it!

RemiusTA
Jul 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
Look, im pretty POSITIVE your actions were those of a minority on the servers. I didn't even know about PB chaining or donating until a few years ago when i jumped on PSOBB.

And just because they're including mags and possibly some of their systems does not AUTOMATICALLY mean they're going to include the flaws....whats with that?

And anyone who complains about Mag Feeding, i just do not understand you. It was time consuming, but in no way mandatory. You clear a room, you check if your mag is hungry. Come back from AFK, check if your mag is hungry. Kill a boss, check if your mag is hungry. If he is, you take 20 seconds to feed it. If you gain a level, enjoy your quick and easy stat points. Gain a weapon you wont be able to use until very far away? Your mag serves as a quick access point to it. At 5 minutes per feeding session, and a minimum of (maybe) 3 feeding periods per Mag level, thats, at a minimum, 15 minutes per 2 stat points. Note that you probably only gain about 5-6 stat points per level, and thats if your class is RELIANT on that stat -- otherwise you're looking at 2-4 points per level.

What, would you rather "extra stat points" per level, so when you get to the higher levels you dont get to increase your character but at 5 hour intervals? F**k that crap. Or maybe PSU's "Class Level" system, which gave you (uncontrollable) stat points that leveled FAR slower than your regular level did? And then theres the ability to give it to a sub character -- trade it as an item.

I dont see how Mags can be viewed as a burden on anything but your wallet -- they allowed you a freedom you didn't get to enjoy in ANY of the other titles. If PSP2 included a MAG system on top of its "free class"-ish system, it would have been far more interesting.

"En"
Jul 28, 2011, 05:57 PM
I'll just go ahead and agree with everything Reimus said. One could argue that Mag upkeep was cumbersome and time-consuming, but it was by no means mandatory. By the time you reached Lv200, you still had a rather sizeable threshold for your stats to improve (in v1/v2, this could be filled entirely with Materials, thanks to the lack of a cap and the existence of Hit Materials) and Mags existed to fill most of the gap. However, you could still do without them. And if you didn't want to spend time raising one, but wanted to enjoy the benefits it offered, you could buy one from another player.

Becoming upset over the presence of Mags is like becoming upset over the presence of something like FOcasts. No one is forcing you to partake, so why ruin it for the rest of the--

...What's that? People are complaining about FOcasts, too? Oh. Well, this is a bit awkward. Um. Play me off, keyboard cat?

RemiusTA
Jul 28, 2011, 06:46 PM
And i'd also like to add that Mags were a GODSEND for any class reliant on Guns.

ATA was one mighty elusive stat on PSO.

BlackCosmic
Jul 28, 2011, 07:11 PM
Mags: Mags are back but they will not be shown in the Alpha test. Details about them are unknown.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-magazine-info-roundup/

paracelsus
Jul 28, 2011, 07:51 PM
Well like has been mentioned previously trying to feed a mag every 3 minutes was near absurd, but when you feed a mag at your convenience they became quite a seamless part of play.

Also as it seems they have not or might not bring the advanced classes like wartecher back then the mags could take over those places with the stat percent bonuses, and maybe different mag types/evolutions could effect the types of weapons a character can equip like the advanced classes did. Also with advancements in game AI's a mag with high IQ could become much more consistent in buff activations.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 28, 2011, 08:24 PM
Absolutely blown away from the videos and info that sega has released so far. Loving the Character creator and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Still crossing my fingers for a US & EU release announcement for PSO2

Dabian
Jul 28, 2011, 08:30 PM
If the direction for PSO2 remains mission-based as opposed to the free roam mode of PSO, I don't really think interval-based MAG feeding would be a good idea.

Niloklives
Jul 28, 2011, 08:43 PM
If the direction for PSO2 remains mission-based as opposed to the free roam mode of PSO, I don't really think interval-based MAG feeding would be a good idea.

PSO really wasn't free roaming. It was very much a game on rails. The only difference between PSO and PSU in this respect was that you picked your maps differently. So while in PSO you just elected to go to the forest and make your way to the dragon, in PSU you selected the Mission "Plains Overlord" And made your way to the dragon. once in a mission, the basic structure was identical. The thing that makes this a little confusing is the multiple lobbies in PSU vs the one teleporter On Pioneer 2.

Basically PSO was in no way free roaming. A real free roaming game has all areas interconnected with a world map that you can freely go to without returning to a lobby or way point. The idea being that you could leave a town and just wander aimlessly. PSO most assuredly is not that.

ShinMaruku
Jul 28, 2011, 08:51 PM
Interval mag feeding is not needed. Sure keep em make em boost stats but not the interval based feeding make them raise stats in different ways.

Dabian
Jul 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
Yea I chose my terms badly for that one /shame.

I was thinking more to the pace of PSO. That seemingly slower pace worked ok with the interval feeding. Whereas in PSU a mission could be over in minutes.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 28, 2011, 10:32 PM
as long as mags aren't PMs....

Fayorei
Jul 28, 2011, 10:42 PM
as long as mags aren't PMs....

My sentiment exactly. PMs didn't seem to have the same charm.

Cinnamon Roll
Jul 28, 2011, 10:44 PM
I liked both Mags and Partner Machines... *shrugs*

RemiusTA
Jul 28, 2011, 10:46 PM
My sentiment exactly. PMs didn't seem to have the same charm.

Thats because PMs were ultimately completely useless. When your only useful function is "Cannon Fodder".....

They were just a bad excuse to fill another game with more loli bots.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 29, 2011, 04:09 AM
Instead of feeding MAGs this time round to level up stats, how about they gain exp as you fight. Maybe make the stat they gain in (ATP, ACC, MIND, DEF) based on the fighting style you use to kill monsters at that given time or simply chose what stat the MAG should train.

Fuck feeding them. Spending time feeding your MAGs in PSO and PMs in PSU was terribly boring.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 04:44 AM
I never paid much attention to stat tables.

But I had a Hunewm in PSO, and when I equiped her with a lvl 200 Power-Dex Rati, and used mats to raise her EVP stat, along with my own skill, she performed as well as my HUmar, her defense sucked yes, but I could hold my own with her in a team pretty well.

Niloklives
Jul 29, 2011, 04:48 AM
HUnewearl vs HUmar isn't really the valid comparison since HUmars aren't the heavy hitters either.

Demon-
Jul 29, 2011, 05:57 AM
HUnewearl vs HUmar isn't really the valid comparison since HUmars aren't the heavy hitters either.Actually, they were the second highest in ATP.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 06:02 AM
I wasn't attempting to make comparisions.
I was expressing my *opinion* based on my own *subjective* play experience. I'm not arguing the concrete stats of Hunewm and Humars compared to other classes.

Is it now not allowable on this forum to express an opinion based on one's own play experiences? I wasn't making statements of objective facts. FFS.

Hotobu
Jul 29, 2011, 06:26 AM
What shouldn't be allowed is throwing a hissy-fit everytime someone calls you out on a statement. Subjective experience and opinion aren't magical shields that protect you from being rebutted against. You were talking about two slightly different things? fine say so, move on and deal with it. Crying for social justice because someone doesn't 100% agree with you makes you look like a kid.

Angelo
Jul 29, 2011, 06:49 AM
Some awesome art just posted over at the PS fan blog.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hunewm.png

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 06:53 AM
Looks very cool.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 06:55 AM
I wasn't attempting to make comparisions.
I was expressing my *opinion* based on my own *subjective* play experience. I'm not arguing the concrete stats of Hunewm and Humars compared to other classes.

Is it now not allowable on this forum to express an opinion based on one's own play experiences? I wasn't making statements of objective facts. FFS.

Nilok is a grumpy old poster...don't take him too seriously. :wink:

@Angelo- I wasn't planning on making a HUnewm BUT my plans have now changed. Pic looks great.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 07:14 AM
*stares at the (RA?)Caseal's feet* Good........Good Heavens! It looks like those things could skewer a man.....please tell me that I can have normal feet if I so choose to make this character class.....(Depends on how many slots we get.)

Angelo
Jul 29, 2011, 07:16 AM
*stares at the (RA?)Caseal's feet* Good........Good Heavens! It looks like those things could skewer a man.....please tell me that I can have normal feet if I so choose to make this character class.....(Depends on how many slots we get.)

Says it's a FOcaseal (if you're referencing the scan of the art).

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 07:19 AM
I'm refering to the Black and White Caseal with an organic face. Your saying that's a FOcaseal? huh......not bad, actually. Still.......THE FEEEEEET! O.O

Malachite
Jul 29, 2011, 07:20 AM
Yes, that's a FOcaseal, and yes it does have funny feet lol. Maybe it glides.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 07:29 AM
Yes, that's a FOcaseal, and yes it does have funny feet lol. Maybe it glides.

Well, assuming the skate is a racial, that'd be a bit much.

Though I can see constantly tripping to be a FOcaseal special....just because they're so gosh-darn CUTE! :turnip:

.....I can't find a heart, so I shall replace it with........THIS! :turnip:

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 07:32 AM
Well, assuming the skate is a racial, that'd be a bit much.

Though I can see constantly tripping to be a FOcaseal special....just because they're so gosh-darn CUTE! :turnip:

.....I can't find a heart, so I shall replace it with........THIS! :turnip:

You could use the love emote. :love:

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 07:34 AM
You could use the love emote. :love:

yes, but the :turnip: is SO much funnier, if you ask me.

And besides, it KINDA looks like a heart! Amiright? :D

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 07:38 AM
...you and your God damn emotes lately!

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 07:39 AM

Well, sort of...... It can be dangerous if thrown. Mario 2 anyone?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 08:19 AM
Well, sort of...... It can be dangerous if thrown. Mario 2 anyone?

Thnak you. So much. XD I was worried there for a second that I was the only one who thought of that.

@r00tabaga: Aren't they great? :D

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 09:09 AM
Thnak you. So much. XD I was worried there for a second that I was the only one who thought of that.

@r00tabaga: Aren't they great? :D

Well ya. Mario 2 is my favorite NES game! :D

toshmil
Jul 29, 2011, 09:34 AM

Sure, if you squint and suspend your disbelief!!;)

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 29, 2011, 11:10 AM

this official art?? love the FOcast and return of HUnewm.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 29, 2011, 11:11 AM
this official art?? love the FOcast and return of HUnewm.

Return? Was there a game where you couldn't have one?

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2011, 11:13 AM
I've always hated those goofy-ass hats that the Force characters wore. Good thing you'll -most likely- be able to take them off.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
Return? Was there a game where you couldn't have one?

Well The return of the term from PSZ, in PSU you could be anything. But I think PSO2 will be more technical again, meaning you are 1 class and not a master of everything like in PSU.

God that game blew, I know... I know its been said a million times....but it feelz so good >:}

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 11:16 AM
I've always hated those goofy-ass hats that the Force characters wore. Good thing you'll -most likely- be able to take them off.

Makes me think of the rediculous Neuman in Max attack. Sheesh... :D

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 11:32 AM
If you think back at that one half blurred image from a while back(I think it was arashikage that made a recent thread around it...)

That CAST looks kinda familiar?

I dunno the art style and some of the accents look accurate but I wouldn't even be able to guess where the images came from...

If it is official... I feel like the girls outfits look better than all the dudes...

They seriously push the giant robo thing too far with Male CASTs... And I'm not digging Hunewms shoulderpads. Fonewm would look better, if he didn't have such a HUGE ass.

edit: seeing as how it's an obvious magazine scan, yeah nvm it must be official.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 11:44 AM
If you think back at that one half blurred image from a while back(I think it was arashikage that made a recent thread around it...)

That CAST looks kinda familiar?

I dunno the art style and some of the accents look accurate but I wouldn't even be able to guess where the images came from...

If it is official... I feel like the girls outfits look better than all the dudes...

They seriously push the giant robo thing too far with Male CASTs... And I'm not digging Hunewms shoulderpads. Fonewm would look better, if he didn't have such a HUGE ass.

edit: seeing as how it's an obvious magazine scan, yeah nvm it must be official.

Actually, I think the only thing that doesn't look good is the CAST female.....I mean, the bust hanging out....really? If that really is a FOcaseal....I think I might pass. Well, actually, I take that back - I'll reserve judgement until I see the in-game models.

Demon-
Jul 29, 2011, 11:51 AM
That HUnewm looks badass.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 11:55 AM

Yeah, I mean, this actually kinda made me want to play a Neuman for a second.....and then I remembered I'm apparently a walking refrigerator.....

RenzokukenZ
Jul 29, 2011, 11:55 AM
Actually, I think the only thing that doesn't look good is the CAST female.....I mean, the bust hanging out....really? If that really is a FOcaseal....I think I might pass. Well, actually, I take that back - I'll reserve judgement until I see the in-game models.

Don't forget that these are simply defaults. You can alter all the details later.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 11:56 AM
Don't forget that these are simply defaults. You can alter all the details later.

I know, that's why I decided to wait until I saw the ingame models closely.

Neith
Jul 29, 2011, 12:02 PM
Male Newmans, know your role

[spoiler-box]
SPAM RESTA WHILE I 'ZERK MORE[/spoiler-box]

FOcaseal looks a bit lame, FOcast is weird but pretty cool. FOnewm looks just as stupid as he did in PSO (not bashing PSO, but they didn't look serious), and FOnewearl has the best boots ever.

HUnewm is a pretty interesting addition, but won't pull me from HUnewearl :wacko:

Corey Blue
Jul 29, 2011, 12:16 PM

I swear at first he looked like a buffed up female.(Nothing wrong with a feminine face,but damn.)

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 12:36 PM
So the deformed zaku with a tiny face looks cool, but the robo version of a fonewearl is a disgrace because she shows cleavage-YA'LL WEIRD! D<

I AM kinda noticing that theres too much high heels in this game though...

EVERYTHING HAS HIGH HEELS...O_o{LDPGDSF:GLADFKGL]

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 12:50 PM
So the deformed zaku with a tiny face looks cool, but the robo version of a fonewearl is a disgrace because she shows cleavage-YA'LL WEIRD! D<

I AM kinda noticing that theres too much high heels in this game though...

EVERYTHING HAS HIGH HEELS...O_o{LDPGDSF:GLADFKGL]

Disgrace, no. Weird, yes. The feet don't help much. There isn't anything that is a "disgrace." I just don't like it. I can't speak for the others.

The armor for the HUnewm looks good. I'm not worried about the face because it's already been shown that you have a good amount of control over changing the physical characteristics of the character, so I see no point in judging based on that.

The reason that I dislike the look of the FOcaseal is well, she's a robot - all in-game pictures of the Caseal's have been more robotic looking than the concept art, and I'm going to make speculation based on ingame shots when I can.

*Shrugs* I don't see anything weird with that.

Astarin
Jul 29, 2011, 01:04 PM

Hot diggity! I think we've seen all of the default class combinations now, yes? (Aside from not having any clear artwork of RAnewm and RAnewearl, we've seen them in videos) Or are we still missing HUcaseal? I'm glad I finally got to see what my fave class, FOnewm looks like and I -- oh.

HUnewm - yeeeesssssss.... that'll make me play Hunter. Love it. Loved the HUnewm design in PS Zero, love it even more here.

FOnewm - oh. Well. Sigh. Y'know, I don't hate it, and I realize they're going the PSO-nostalgia route. I kinda like the vibe, the more I look at it. It's got attitude. My biggest problem with the outfit, both now and with the original? The six inch clogs. WHY THE CLOGS, SEGA?! The tie, the vest? Actually pretty cool. I can live with the hip-things, too. Just... THE CLOGS. Sigh.

For the record, PS Zero showed that it is possible for Sega to design a non-jester looking Newman male force. (People like to bash the game, I know, but it had a few good ideas, and some really nice designs)

FOnewearl - same cutesy crap we always see. Next.

FOcaseal - She looks... not that different from RAcaseal, really. I'd like to see something a little more mechanical, something a little more FOcast like, just for shits and giggles.

FOcast - Well thats... something. Not my cup of tea, but props for going with an unusual design.

"En"
Jul 29, 2011, 01:32 PM
Sometimes, I feel like the only person who actually likes both the old and new FOnewm designs. In fact, they would've disappointed me if those silly mushroom hats and platform shoes had been removed. The robe seems like a great leap in the right direction, because now, you can actually tell that it's the robe flexing outward, as opposed to people questioning the size of their rear-ends.

Space Jesters. Put on those big smiles.

Ryock
Jul 29, 2011, 02:03 PM
Sometimes, I feel like the only person who actually likes both the old and new FOnewm designs. In fact, they would've disappointed me if those silly mushroom hats and platform shoes had been removed. The robe seems like a great leap in the right direction, because now, you can actually tell that it's the robe flexing outward, as opposed to people questioning the size of their rear-ends.

Space Jesters. Put on those big smiles.

No worries, you're not the only one. I told my friends that as long as the FOnewm has the hat and shoes, I'll be happy; so I'm really happy to see they delivered on both aspects. The only one that feels kind of odd is the FOcast, but I suppose they were trying to go a dark robe wearing kind of robot look.

GCoffee
Jul 29, 2011, 02:20 PM
FOnewearl and FOcaseal are the weakest designs, imo. There is nothing that seems particulary interesting about them. I also am a sad panda for them to stray away like that from the FOnewearls initial design from PSO. The facepaint is still there, but severly reduced. Oh well.

The other three designs are great, however, even if there might not be a whole lot of detail in the HUnewms design, either. It still makes up for a really interesting and welcomly realistic-looking armor design.

The FOnewm looks rad. Absolutely rad. I am extremely glad they sticked with his special quirks. It would not have been the same without. Will use.

I was absolutely amazed by the FOcasts design when I first saw it, but then I realized that he is not sporting a robe, unlike I believed him to at first. That made me a bit sad, aswell. It still looks good, but a bit weird now, aswell. Still very good.

RemiusTA
Jul 29, 2011, 02:24 PM

Hunewm = Oh my jesus, that is one badass elf. Couldn't have asked for a better one. None of that PSP2i bishonen crap.

Fonewm = nearly identical to the PSO one. And im 100% glad too, because those guys were pimps. I fucking love the glasses with the hat & tie. Definitely making one.

Fonewearl = Thank god, i actually LIKE the little girl's design this time. It's basically the PSO one, except actually TONED DOWN if you can believe that. As long as she keeps her pom-poms, im good with it!

????= dont know who that female cast is. Perhaps a Focaseal? Looks neat though.

Focast..? = looks f**king badass. Definitely screams "magician robot", if it ever made sense.

I was absolutely amazed by the FOcasts design when I first saw it, but then I realized that he is not sporting a robe, unlike I believed him to at first. That made me a bit sad, aswell. It still looks good, but a bit weird now, aswell. Still very good.

Yeah, if that guy had a Robe it would have been the cherry on the icing. That would have been awesome. (Especially if he could fly and cast techniques.)

Macman
Jul 29, 2011, 02:25 PM

Space Jesters. Put on those big smiles.Oh I'm with you. I love the FOnewm's design in this so far. FOcast has a tiny face, but I'm sure there's other options that will look better.

RemiusTA
Jul 29, 2011, 02:33 PM

I hope you realize how funny this sounds. Coming from you anyway, Olaf.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 29, 2011, 02:42 PM
For the Record I LOVE the FOCAST!

It reminds me of an experience I had in PSU where a guy using a CAST with wands and Spells and another player saw him and was like, "You don't know how to play the game!"

lol

Now it will be like...

FOcast: Wheres your god now!?

MistyWaters
Jul 29, 2011, 02:47 PM
I'm a little saddened by the FOnewearl design. Was really hoping they'd still keep that goofy look to their outfits. Kinda seems like they went more of the PSZ design than PSO. FOnewm almost looks exactly like it did back in the day.

...I miss the Jester hat. >:

GCoffee
Jul 29, 2011, 02:49 PM
Now it will be like...

I cracked up way too much reading that. Thank you, sincerely.

I just realized how much fun it will be to shit on all those people that despised the idea of a cast magician. That will be a mighty good time. :wacko:
(Sorry FOnewm, your spotlight shall be halved.)

Seth Astra
Jul 29, 2011, 02:58 PM
That HUnewm looks badass. Reminds me why I became a HUnewm player in the first place (I thought the PSZ HUnewm looked pretty cool, as well). Kinda reminds me of PSP2i's default male cast, due to the color scheme. Also, I do like the FOnewearl design. Cute, but socially acceptable (unlike, say, PSP2's default female newman). Seems PSZ FOnewearl-ish. All in all: I like this stuff.

Forever Zero
Jul 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
OMG, yes!! That HUnewmn looks SOO cool! I know what I'm gonna be now. :D!! He kind of resembles the one in PSZ. I'm so glad they went with that design rather than the big troll HUnewmn design from the concept art book of PSO.

GCoffee
Jul 29, 2011, 03:03 PM
Gosh; newmn, newn, newm, it took and still takes me way too long to decide which is right each time I write about them, even if I actually know which one is correct?! D:

condiments
Jul 29, 2011, 03:04 PM
Focast is the coolest of the bunch as far as the art goes. Fonewm looks less like a overdressed douche like he did in PSO, and more straight-out pimp with the shit eating grin and shades. Still going to go Fomar most like, but I'll have to wait for more details.

I just hope classes won't be rigidly pigeonholed into their overarching archetype "FIGHTER/ARCHER/CASTER", and we'll see some mix of techs, and guns all around. Phantasy star has been known for this kind of thing so I'm not too doubtful, but I just hope I won't have to constantly break out my "SUPPORT STAFF" to heal idiots because techs are bound to weapons.

SELENNA
Jul 29, 2011, 04:20 PM
Fourth one seems like she was taken staright from Persona.

Tyreek
Jul 29, 2011, 04:33 PM
Fourth one seems like she was taken staright from Persona.

You mean the FOcaseal's likeness to Aigis? True.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 29, 2011, 04:42 PM
Still no signs of masks, I want to see more pics of the RAmar and hopefully we can still wear the ninja mask.
<--- As seen on my avatar

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 04:48 PM
There are masks, or at least face paint...

One of em was a skull.

GCoffee
Jul 29, 2011, 04:56 PM
There are masks, or at least face paint...

One of em was a skull.

Ouh..?

For the Record I LOVE the FOCAST!

Now it will be like...

http://blog.fpnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/skelator.jpg

Jepp027
Jul 29, 2011, 10:26 PM
I am impressed. I have never seen a more beautiful looking game. I may have to pick this up. The screenshots and videos are amazing, Sega you have outdone yourself. This can be a huge MMO, think of the profit possibilities.

MSAksion
Jul 29, 2011, 11:12 PM
I agree - this PSO2 is looking to be the MMO that could be huge. even new PS players would be blown away by the fast paced combos and flashy graphics and team squad tactics. Other MMORPGs are just point click click click click. This game looks to play like a console RPG in the vein Monster Hunter meets Dynastic Warriors.

Now ... show me the goofy clown FoNewms & FoNewearls... and i'll switch to being a FoMarl from now on...

anyone know if wacky impractical PSU style goofy clothing that no one in their right mind would wear into combat is coming back?

voxie
Jul 30, 2011, 12:27 AM
Please hope that your right on that.

Of course I'm right, why would I say it otherwise. :D

I'm that confident. Sega would be fools not to. And I would be dead, yes :)

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 30, 2011, 01:27 AM
I cracked up way too much reading that. Thank you, sincerely.

I just realized how much fun it will be to shit on all those people that despised the idea of a cast magician. That will be a mighty good time. :wacko:
(Sorry FOnewm, your spotlight shall be halved.)

Heheh Yeah I'm glad they gave it a magician look as in the demo shown it was just RAcast parts with a wand.

Also the new HUcast parts are not my cup of tea, where is the badass sleek "cyber ninja" look? I'm tired of bulky, blocky mechs.

But we all know they will give us better stuff later, like what happened to PSU, just hope they don't take as long to do so.

RemiusTA
Jul 30, 2011, 03:00 AM
Sorry, but why would that be funny coming from me? I don't follow. Some sort of pseudo-jab at my expense, I'm guessing...?

You seem to disagree with everything that goes "OMGATMOSPHERE" but the one of the most "atmosphere shattering" outfits on the original PSO is the one you seem to dislike.

It was funny. I thought the space jester looked like a thug.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2011, 03:02 AM
You seem to disagree with everything that goes "OMGATMOSPHERE" but the one of the most "atmosphere shattering" outfits on the original PSO is the one you seem to dislike.

It was funny. I thought the space jester looked like a thug.

It's because the hats look completely gaudy. I don't like the designs. That's all. But, people have different taste, and can wear what they want. While I am quite critical of clothes/fashion, I'm not a Clothing Nazi.

Stezan
Jul 30, 2011, 03:21 AM
Have to say I love all the FO designs. Was sure I'd play FOmar up until I saw the other FOs. Fixed all the little things I didn't like about FOnewms in PSO, and FOcast is just concentrated awesome. Might have to wait till I find out what each excels at to decide which to roll.

On a related note, has there been any pictures of:
HUmarls?
HUcaseals?
RAnewms?
RAnewearls?

Demon-
Jul 30, 2011, 06:41 AM
Have to say I love all the FO designs. Was sure I'd play FOmar up until I saw the other FOs. Fixed all the little things I didn't like about FOnewms in PSO, and FOcast is just concentrated awesome. Might have to wait till I find out what each excels at to decide which to roll.

On a related note, has there been any pictures of:
HUmarls?
HUcaseals?
RAnewms?
RAnewearls?

You can see backsides of HUmarl and HUcaseal in the character creation video, we have yet to see even a glimpse of RAnewm and that could be a RAnewearl in the original gameplay teaser. But yeah no pics so far. Hopefully they will be in mondays pso2.jp site uodate.

•Col•
Jul 30, 2011, 12:11 PM
You can see backsides of HUmarl and HUcaseal in the character creation video, we have yet to see even a glimpse of RAnewm and that could be a RAnewearl in the original gameplay teaser. But yeah no pics so far. Hopefully they will be in mondays pso2.jp site uodate.

We've seen RAnewm from the first batch of pictures. It's that guy wearing green, with spiky hair, and really stupid looking goggles.

It's the only character design I havent liked thus far.

EDIT: Here's a crappy picture of him:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/Screenshot2011-04-30at80353PM.png

And yes, you can see RAnewearl in the original gameplay video. You can see glimpses of the HUmarl in it as well, but it looks like they changed her design based on what I saw on the character select screen.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 30, 2011, 12:17 PM
Male Newmans, know your role

[spoiler-box]
SPAM RESTA WHILE I 'ZERK MORE[/spoiler-box]

FOcaseal looks a bit lame, FOcast is weird but pretty cool. FOnewm looks just as stupid as he did in PSO (not bashing PSO, but they didn't look serious), and FOnewearl has the best boots ever.

HUnewm is a pretty interesting addition, but won't pull me from HUnewearl :wacko:

:O So we're all just walkin' Resta's to you HUH!? LOL

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 30, 2011, 12:23 PM
At least I can make a Male Newman Hunter.

Adriano
Jul 30, 2011, 12:37 PM
Hay gus wutcha talkin bout, this mmorgp looks cool

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 09:14 AM
:O So we're all just walkin' Resta's to you HUH!? LOL

At least you're not a refrigerator. I'm getting tired of being asked for Seven Ups all the time.

I'm gonna start throwing One Ups at 'em soon, this is getting rediculous!

Seven Up isn't even good!!

unicorn
Jul 31, 2011, 12:05 PM
FOCASEAL IS GORGEOUS <3

I'd love to be a slim FOcast though, but all the parts seem to be bulky... :\

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 12:23 PM
Lol it's quite obvious from the character creation video that you can change any part to whatever type you want.

•Col•
Jul 31, 2011, 12:57 PM
So, uh... Has anyone else noticed that the clothes for all of the Human/Newman characters have been largely inspired by their PSO counterparts.... But for Casts, they threw all of the old designs out the window?

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 01:01 PM
I'm sure there are parts that are very similar to what we had in PSO. I wouldn't be surprised if you could build a HUcast replica.

S N K
Jul 31, 2011, 01:06 PM
Kinda hope so. It looks "ok" so far but I'm not totally wow'd yet.

•Col•
Jul 31, 2011, 01:07 PM
I'm sure there are parts that are very similar to what we had in PSO. I wouldn't be surprised if you could build a HUcast replica.

Why wouldn't it be their default look though? The Human/Newman default outfits are all throwbacks to their PSO ones... But not the Casts...

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 01:11 PM
So, uh... Has anyone else noticed that the clothes for all of the Human/Newman characters have been largely inspired by their PSO counterparts.... But for Casts, they threw all of the old designs out the window?

The RAcast and RAcaseal are close to their PSO counterparts. HUcast, however, is entirely of a different ilk. The same could be said about HUcaseal judging from the blurred image from the wall of artwork.

I guess sleek, robo-ninja designs just aren't the 'in' anymore. I'm not complaining though.

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 01:16 PM
Can anybody link me to this image of HUcaseal? I mean, I've seen the blurred image, but which exactly is the supposed HUcaseal?

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 01:17 PM
The purple-clad female right next to the HUcast.

•Col•
Jul 31, 2011, 01:17 PM
The RAcast and RAcaseal are close to their PSO counterparts. HUcast, however, is entirely of a different ilk. The same could be said about HUcaseal judging from the blurred image from the wall of artwork.

I guess sleek, robo-ninja designs just aren't the 'in' anymore. I'm not complaining though.

Meh... I'm not convinced about RAcast... The only similarity that I see is that they're both huge, hulking, clunking, bulky robots. Other than that though, yeah, not seeing it. You're right about the RAcaseal though. I forgot about her.

I really liked the sleek-design of the HUcast/Hucaseal though... D:

FireFox276
Jul 31, 2011, 01:20 PM
Don't suppose you guys have seen HUcast yet have you?

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hucast.jpg