PDA

View Full Version : New Screens/Video + Observations

Pages : 1 2 [3]

•Col•
Jul 31, 2011, 01:23 PM
Don't suppose you guys have seen HUcast yet have you?

We were just talking about how it's disappointing that the HUcast in PSO2 doesnt look like the one from PSO at all.. So why would you think that we hadn't seen it?

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 01:51 PM
At the same time, its interesting to see a brand new design as opposed to recycling an old one for nostalgia purposes.

•Col•
Jul 31, 2011, 02:01 PM
At the same time, its interesting to see a brand new design as opposed to recycling an old one for nostalgia purposes.

I don't mind that they have new armor... But it annoys me that the other two races have a nostalgiac feel, but the Casts don't. D:

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 02:06 PM
Maybe its an attempt to differentiate the Casts from the Androids?

GCoffee
Jul 31, 2011, 02:16 PM
What's the big deal about? If I were a CAST and was asked: 'Sup guy, ordinary human sleek or f**king shoulder shields?'

Yeah, obvious answer right there.

cheapgunner
Jul 31, 2011, 02:16 PM
Do you guys think I could replicate this same character design in pso2:

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab318/cheapoman/Funny/270px-Serenade.jpg

chrisy05
Jul 31, 2011, 02:25 PM
Can anybody link me to this image of HUcaseal? I mean, I've seen the blurred image, but which exactly is the supposed HUcaseal?

Aside from the concept art, this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/chrisy04/HuCaseal.jpg

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVVsKaPTCag&feature=related#t=38s

is pretty much the best we have of the Hucaseal, at the moment.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 02:26 PM
What's the big deal about? If I were a CAST and was asked: 'Sup guy, ordinary human sleek or f**king shoulder shields?'

Yeah, obvious answer right there.

Couldn't agree more.

@Cheap: Too soon to say.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't doubt that along the road they'll make more so "perfect" replicas of the old PSO costumes (Updated Models/Texture of course.)

But so far I'm liking the whole Mecha look Casts are getting, along with everyone else seemingly "armored."

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 02:37 PM
Everyone wants retarded-ass oversized shoulders over the something that'd make more sense for a robot in a human society? :0

And you guys argue about realism.

I'm sure there will be plenty of pseudo giant robot crap, I still want my kamen rider gear.

cheapgunner
Jul 31, 2011, 02:39 PM
@Cheap: Too soon to say.

Well, then the only to know is to wait and get the game to try.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't have put it past them to make the HUcast artwork with Units attached. The Tear drop things on his leg looks close to what the HUmar had in the Unit Picture, only angled differently.

Also if you look at this; [spoiler-box]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/i0305884-1305053132.jpg[/spoiler-box]

2nd Row, 3rd Character. I'd definitely say that's some character artwork with Units in.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 02:43 PM
OR it could be an annoyingly ridiculous outfit.

GCoffee
Jul 31, 2011, 02:44 PM
Everyone wants retarded-ass oversized shoulders over the something that'd make more sense for a robot in a human society? :0

You racist. :(
It is not a human society, it is a human-newman-cast society. Everyone can cloth in the way he wants.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 02:45 PM
You racist. :(
It is not a human society, it is a human-newman-cast society. Everyone can cloth in the way he wants.

You're a racist, not everyone should have to fit into a stereotype!

and what if those bigass cast parts hurt some kid!

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 02:46 PM
OR it could be an annoyingly ridiculous outfit.

It would Clip like hell with Unit attachments, which is why I think those are units. (No, not even Sega is that dumb. :wacko: )

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 02:58 PM
It would Clip like hell with Unit attachments, which is why I think those are units. (No, not even Sega is that dumb. :wacko: )

CHOOSING KAKWANE SUITS AS A FASHION CONTEST WINNER.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 03:01 PM

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/images/news/07-26-11/pso2-character_creation3.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Seems like they're part of the outfit. The same could be said about the FOcast's shoulders (not pictured).

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 03:04 PM
You know how dumb I feel now, I forgot about them already showing in the Videos and Screenshots.

Hmm I do hope that they turn the visuals automatically off at least for some unit combos, or this is going to look like a mess. :wacko:

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 03:10 PM
Or... they're just going to rig each one for each race, thus they will look fine. That's not a difficult concept to grasp, lol.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 03:15 PM
Or... they're just going to rig each one for each race, thus they will look fine. That's not a difficult concept to grab, lol.

If they went that way, more like they'd have to rig different ones for different costumes, considering the game will keep updating new weapons, clothing, units and such as expected, they would have to keep designing new units and clothing that don't clip horribly with certain combos.

Just look how much work that will turn out to be and it would limit their design choices. Which is why I don't doubt that either they'll force/give the option of turning off unit visuals, or just allow them to clip like hell.

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 03:31 PM
It's not as difficult as your making it out to be. It's as simple as having the units designed to float according to the most protruded point of the costume. So, if they're on your shoulders for example, Sega would only have to design them to be 'attached' to the very tip of your shoulder, regardless of whether the shoulder is tiny or giant. If they're designed to be a floating (yet technically attached) extension of the part in question, they will never clip.

As someone who knows his way around 3D modeling, I can assure you that clipping will not be an issue for a company as experienced as Sega, unless they feel like being EXTREMELY fucking lazy. (lol I know)

Also, there's never going to be an option to hide something because some people have issues with clipping, lol.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 03:58 PM
They attach to Arm and Not Shoulder though. Take the one that's on the HUnewearl's Arm for example, if on the HUcast that is equipped on the shoulder to not clip, that's going to look ridiculous and I really do hope they allow turning off and on the visual of it. (Either way, choice is good. :wacko: )

Well at this point we'll just have to see what they do, just hoping they don't the lazy route of letting everything clip.

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 04:02 PM
It was an example. Replace the word 'shoulder' with 'arm' and the same rules apply.

And no, I have never heard in all my years gaming, of an option to hide some detail or effect because some people will be displeased with how it looks lol. Graphic options, of course, but never 'oh some people might not like this, lets give them the option to hide it'. That's silly as hell, in my opinion.

Another thing: It isn't very difficult to make a certain part of each costume/cast armor universal to be able to connect flawlessly with the non-floating units. TONS of games do things just like this.

Also, another way they could completely solve this issue by having the units automatically scale appropriately to the character. There's A LOT of ways I can think of to make it work, I really doubt it will be any sort of issue.

You talk like your only gaming experience came from ten years ago. These things aren't that difficult anymore.

In extreme cases, that unit may just be hidden (though I doubt they'll be that lazy with it), but I'm sure that it will not be an option you can turn on and off.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2011, 04:18 PM
Games that allow hiding of Helmets because some people are displeased of having their face hidden or other games that rely on armor/clothing for looks and stats also may have a "costume" slot if you dislike the appearance it gives.

Very likely that people will find Units with stats boosts and not like the looks, there is no harm in giving the choice of hiding it, for all CO-OP purposes it will hardly matter if someone can't tell that you have some certain unit equipped at first glance.

Sure it's possible to connect them without clipping, but looking so far from this game's graphics that have been shown I doubt they'll spend much time with that. (No seriously this game looks like it's from 2006 graphics-wise, if your fine with it whatever, just pointing it out before I get people screaming that it looks fine to them to me.)

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 04:30 PM
In the case of that specific Cast with large shoulders, it could either be scaled, rotated, or automatically hidden. Maybe the HUcast version looks different, or maybe the units don't scale and that HUnewearl is actually very tiny in comparison to a Cast, thus making that unit look a lot bigger than it actually is. (I understand that you can modify proportions, but I have a feeling you won't be able to make a HUcast be as small as a little tiny HUnewearl.)

I'd put my money on automatic scaling. It's not complicated or difficult in any way, even by PSO2's 2006 looking standards.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 04:40 PM
Games that allow hiding of Helmets because some people are displeased of having their face hidden or other games that rely on armor/clothing for looks and stats also may have a "costume" slot if you dislike the appearance it gives.

Very likely that people will find Units with stats boosts and not like the looks, there is no harm in giving the choice of hiding it, for all CO-OP purposes it will hardly matter if someone can't tell that you have some certain unit equipped at first glance.

Sure it's possible to connect them without clipping, but looking so far from this game's graphics that have been shown I doubt they'll spend much time with that. (No seriously this game looks like it's from 2006 graphics-wise, if your fine with it whatever, just pointing it out before I get people screaming that it looks fine to them to me.)

Hmm....

Anyway, I like the idea of having the option of hiding units, I actually think that I was the first one to mention it (not that it matters.), it allows people to customize even more, and focus on stats if they want without sacrificing looks. You like the stats, but don't like the Unit? Then hide it. Simple. But really, if you have that option, it should affect other players, as well. As in, if I turn off my arm unit visual, my friends don't see it.

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 04:42 PM
I can 100% guarantee you guys that there will be no such option.

Now, watch me eat my words a few months from now.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 05:03 PM
Obviously the pictures are hints themselves that certain outfits/body shapes/body parts would hold units a certain way.

Look how far back the sword on the Cast's back floats.

And not all units will be visible either way. Just the "rare ones"

I dunno what you all made like 8 walls of text over, because I don't feel like reading it. But it shouldn't be anymore complicated than that.

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 05:11 PM
Lol, I was pretty much saying that, but in an annoyingly long-winded technical way.

Zekester
Aug 1, 2011, 07:20 PM
One thing about MMORPGs is Character Customization, and by lord Sega did this one right.

Hell, you can even customize how big or small you want your boobs to be. Bravo Sega, bravo.

AfroGuy!
Aug 1, 2011, 07:39 PM
I just thought of this but... Does anyone think the Dragon they showed is gonna be a boss or a mini-boss?

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2011, 07:46 PM
I just thought of this but... Does anyone think the Dragon they showed is gonna be a boss or a mini-boss?

Can't really tell at this point, normal enemies also show up along with the Dragon (Though JP PSU has recently had monsters accompany bosses now.) and where they fight it doesn't look much like a boss room, unless they don't have those anymore or designed them better than a massive box.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 07:52 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be more of a miniboss or an infrequent monster. Not like you ran into a whole lot of Hildebears in early forest, Grass Assassins and Nano Dragons weren't in every room in caves, etc. I'm guessing they're just bigger because being epic is just more the trend lately (does that make Sega hipster :wacko:) I just hope they kind of feel big as well. As in, I don't want this huge hulking monster and then just punch it in the face a few times and see it fall the first time I fight it.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 1, 2011, 08:28 PM
And you all were bitching at me for complaining about spines, when y'all are arguing about floating bits of metal. :wacko:

In all seriousness, I'd like to jump on a dragon and ride it. PSOGC play as dragon, please.

Shye
Aug 1, 2011, 10:45 PM
Can't really tell at this point, normal enemies also show up along with the Dragon (Though JP PSU has recently had monsters accompany bosses now.) and where they fight it doesn't look much like a boss room, unless they don't have those anymore or designed them better than a massive box.

From the screenshots it looks like the dragon leaps out at you while you're in your room, rifling through your closet looking for your pants.

"Now where are those..."
*GRAAAARRR!*
"AIEEEE!"
Initiating Code
{ATTACK}

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2011, 10:48 PM
From the screenshots it looks like the dragon leaps out at you while you're in your room, rifling through your closet looking for your pants.

"Now where are those..."
*GRAAAARRR!*
"AIEEEE!"
Initiating Code
{ATTACK}

Sounds like skrillex.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 1, 2011, 10:53 PM
Sounds like skrillex.

damn pervert dragons.

"Hmmm, where is that can of oil"

"GHRAAAAAAAAAAAWR!"

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEP, A VOYEUR!"

Then, SUDDENLY!

[SPOILER-BOX]A CAN OF DRAGON-BE-GONE![/SPOILER-BOX]

Shye
Aug 1, 2011, 10:57 PM
I do like the jumping-on-the-dragon thing. If cans -o- BE-GONE don't work, jumping on it is a nice alternative.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 1, 2011, 11:01 PM
I do like the jumping-on-the-dragon thing. If cans -o- BE-GONE don't work, jumping on it is a nice alternative.

Indeed, especially since you can attack it's weak point for massive damage.

Sandstorm
Aug 1, 2011, 11:02 PM
That would make the fights more interesting. Not only watching the boss, but you have to watch the adds as well. Gives it a more "natural" feel seeing the boss about with other monsters. Instead of the Boss in a box like someone said previously.

Also love me some Skrillex!!

Shye
Aug 1, 2011, 11:03 PM
Indeed, especially since you can attack it's weak point for massive damage.

I'm sure it's been said but; jumping alone is going to, literally, open up a whole new dimension to the gameplay. I'm really looking forward to jumping around, jumping around, jumping up, jumping up and getting down.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 1, 2011, 11:10 PM
I can see it now, this dynamic really will be nice alongside multiparty areas.

Think about it:

Three parties, each has a force, a pair of hunters, and a ranger.

Two parties are tasked with fighing adds that appear from caves, secret paths, etc, while the main ground has to fight the boss.

The rangers are perched on the high ground, with the hunters taking center stage with the forces behind them, ready to lend support.

[SPOILER-BOX]DAMMIT I WANNA PLAY![/SPOILER-BOX]

Shye
Aug 1, 2011, 11:15 PM
That does sound swell. I also feel your pain... I want to play so badly I feel like I'm going to explode.

Twice.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 1, 2011, 11:16 PM
Every circuit in my mainframe.

Every. Damn. Circuit.

Hucast-Kireek
Aug 2, 2011, 12:32 PM
Dang it, I don't like HUmars suit color options, its soooooo limited.

I hate when I make better things than "expert" companies.

This is Theirs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/cvbvc-1.jpg

This is mine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/ash2000xx333.jpg

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 12:37 PM
Hmm? I was under the impression you could choose whatever kind of colors you want, where ever you want.

Hucast-Kireek
Aug 2, 2011, 12:50 PM
So far they show the HUmar suit can only change color on very few areas as shown on the concept art.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/vbnvbnv.jpg

That looks so lame.

Why am I still unemployed again? ah yes people hate people with Ideas, they just hire mindless drones.

WiZ1988
Aug 2, 2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah I was considering making a Humar but I'm not liking the colors and looks in general. Guess it's Hucaseal for now!!

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 01:20 PM
I think we'll be able to choose the other color as well.... I just think that, for whatever reason, they couldn't get it to work right. I just went back to watch the character creation video, and yeah, the guy only got to choose the color of the RAmar's jacket thing.

It'd be stupid if we couldn't choose the primary color of our outfit. Especially when the Casts get to completely change all of their colors.

Fayorei
Aug 2, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hopefully they will add a dressing room of sorts. I expect to see that aspect of PSU transfer to this game at least somewhat. Either that, or you unlock being able to change the main colors of the HUmar look. Either would be nice.

Hucast-Kireek
Aug 2, 2011, 05:50 PM
I think we'll be able to choose the other color as well.... I just think that, for whatever reason, they couldn't get it to work right. I just went back to watch the character creation video, and yeah, the guy only got to choose the color of the RAmar's jacket thing.

It'd be stupid if we couldn't choose the primary color of our outfit. Especially when the Casts get to completely change all of their colors.

Ah now that I think of it the RAmar is limited too huh!? yeah i hope they fix that.