PDA

View Full Version : Why PSO for PC is bad!

Vampiro_X
Jul 27, 2011, 06:27 PM
I found this posy by FuzzyLogic or something like that in the forums:

"Because PC is the only system that makes sense for a game designed to receive frequent and multiple content updates."

Xbox 360 and PS3 receive daily constant updates, so theres no point in that statement!

"Because PC only means Sega won't have to deal with Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo and can have the server and connection all to themselves, making things much easier to manage."

Microsoft owns Windows and PSO PC will be running on SET WINDOWS! Xbox 360 is owned by Microsoft so it would also be beneficial to put PSO on 360 also, perhaps share a server together.

"Because PC gaming is superior to console gaming in about every way possible."

Oh really, the hours of installing, setting it up, making sure it can be handles by your video card, and sound, and also space to run it and lets not forget the ram you need, also if your processor is able to handle it also, Oh and the keyboard mouse controls have to be just annoying at times too.......Not many people would be able to run PSO 2 on there PC......As for XBOX 360 and Ps3, Open game box, take pso2 game, put in tray, game loads, look I can play, within 60 seconds. Superior? Maybe once your set up.....FINALLY! I really think it makes more sense to play this on XBOX 360 and PS3 as there are more of these Consoles then there are PC's

Also to why its a bad idea is look how badly they hacked Blue Burst! In such a short time. Hackers have so many tools they can use on PC games this game would be in the toilet in under a month. There is limitations on Consoles as far as hacking goes. Either way I have a high end PC, an Xbox 360 slim and a PS3 Slim so for whichever it comes out, I will have it. :) But, playing on a console is just that much better! IMO. 8-)

Anon_Fire
Jul 27, 2011, 06:29 PM

"Because PC is the only system that makes sense for a game designed to receive frequent and multiple content updates."

Xbox 360 and PS3 receive daily constant updates, so theres no point in that statement!

"Because PC only means Sega won't have to deal with Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo and can have the server and connection all to themselves, making things much easier to manage."

Microsoft owns Windows and PSO PC will be running on SET WINDOWS! Xbox 360 is owned by Microsoft so it would also be beneficial to put PSO on 360 also, perhaps share a server together.

Oh really, the hours of installing, setting it up, making sure it can be handles by your video card, and sound, and also space to run it and lets not forget the ram you need, also if your processor is able to handle it also, Oh and the keyboard mouse controls have to be just annoying at times too.......Not many people would be able to run PSO 2 on there PC......As for XBOX 360 and Ps3, Open game box, take pso2 game, put in tray, game loads, look I can play, within 60 seconds. Superior? Maybe once your set up.....FINALLY! I really think it makes more sense to play this on XBOX 360 and PS3 as there are more of these Consoles then there are PC's

Also to why its a bad idea is look how badly they hacked Blue Burst! In such a short time. Hackers have so many tools they can use on PC games this game would be in the toilet in under a month. There is limitations on Consoles as far as hacking goes. Either way I have a high end PC, an Xbox 360 slim and a PS3 Slim so for whichever it comes out, I will have it. :) But, playing on a console is just that much better! IMO. 8-)

Not this argument again, where do you get off saying that?

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 06:30 PM
*looks to the sky*

Why?!

Anon_Fire
Jul 27, 2011, 06:34 PM
PSO2 on PC is a must right now. How about you stop living in 2001, this is the future.

I for one don't want to see PSO2 on consoles. Why, because they would be hacked and cheaters would storm the servers in no time at all. From what I've heard..... PSO on DC and GC also suffered from their share of hacks and cheaters, and I believe that XB EP1&2 also had it's share from that as well.

RemiusTA
Jul 27, 2011, 06:38 PM
OP stop asking for the game to come on other systems.

Everyone else stop talking about how "we should get with the times". People like you are the reason videogames suck now.

Purple Lamplight
Jul 27, 2011, 06:39 PM

You are aware that there was hacking going on in both pc and console pso right?
What FuzzyLogic said is very true. A good example of the updating limitations on xbox would be when they had to make you redownload aoti for the supplemental update.

Corey Blue
Jul 27, 2011, 06:39 PM
These guy's just keep coming,it's hilarious.

Mantiskilla
Jul 27, 2011, 06:45 PM
PSO2 on PC is a must right now. How about you stop living in 2001, this is the future.

I for one don't want to see PSO2 on consoles. Why, because they would be hacked and cheaters would storm the servers in no time at all. From what I've heard..... PSO on DC and GC also suffered from their share of hacks and cheaters, and I believe that XB EP1&2 also had it's share from that as well.

I don't know if it's a MUST but is it the best option? Probably. Whatever it may come out on I'll get it on PC, but I think to say that you don't want to see it on consoles is well being a little....well whatever your opinion and I shouldn't judge. PC, console it doesn't matter we're gonna see hacking involved either way. Lets all play nice as we all just want to do the same thing at the end of the day....Play PSO2!

TierrenZX
Jul 27, 2011, 06:47 PM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa477/UriUri85/1304552509157.jpg

That is all im going to say even though its not going to happen.

Imagine if Mags weren't in PSO2, there would even more delicious tears :/

blace
Jul 27, 2011, 06:49 PM
Gotta love how the OP's first post generated so much useless info everyone knows. Congrats to you.

Anon_Fire
Jul 27, 2011, 06:52 PM
Will any Moderators be kind enough to close this thread, please.

Vampiro_X
Jul 27, 2011, 06:54 PM
Ok, to answer a few questions here, I have played the original PSO v1 on Dreamcast since day 1 and that was a console release! Where do I get off saying this? Facts and Freedom of speech! As for the hacking of XBOX 360 it has a pretty secure system with updates and it firmware, as codebrakers and gamesharks and action replay cheat devices will not work on them as they did on the old consoles.
The xbox 360 and Ps3 are Next Gen and in way can rival or even outperform some PC games.
I know PS3 was hacked badly but they were after peoples accounts and personal info. Why they would hack a video game like ps0 2 on a console for its password and maybe game content is beyond me ? = LAME.

Sorry Anon Fyre I know you don't want to see PSO 2 on consoles, but lets face it there is a ton more gamers on console that feel the same way about PC having it. Why should it bother you, you'll have your own server, we would have our own servers. I'm not a PC hater. I'm just a console guy. I play games on my pc also, WoW, Guild Wars 2, and such. i just like to have a controller in my hand for superior control. Plus its less of a hassle setting up the f*cking game. I pop the game in I'm Playing not messing with settings and hardware.

I don't see any common ground here, there's devoted PC guys and us Console Gamers. The one thing I will agree on is it should be for all PSO 2 is meant to be played by everyone and have fun no matter what system your on.

Anon_Fire
Jul 27, 2011, 06:56 PM
Ok, to answer a few questions here, I have played the original PSO v1 on Dreamcast since day 1 and that was a console release! Where do I get off saying this? Facts and Freedom of speech! As for the hacking of XBOX 360 it has a pretty secure system with updates and it firmware, as codebrakers and gamesharks and action replay cheat devices will not work on them as they did on the old consoles.
The xbox 360 and Ps3 are Next Gen and in way can rival or even outperform some PC games.
I know PS3 was hacked badly but they were after peoples accounts and personal info. Why they would hack a video game like ps0 2 on a console for its password and maybe game content is beyond me ? = LAME.

Sorry Anon Fyre I know you don't want to see PSO 2 on consoles, but lets face it there is a ton more gamers on console that feel the same way about PC having it. Why should it bother you, you'll have your own server, we would have our own servers. I'm not a PC hater. I'm just a console guy. I play games on my pc also, WoW, Guild Wars 2, and such. i just like to have a controller in my hand for superior control. Plus its less of a hassle setting up the f*cking game. I pop the game in I'm Playing not messing with settings and hardware.

I don't see any common ground here, there's devoted PC guys and us Console Gamers. The one thing I will agree on is it should be for all PSO 2 is meant to be played by everyone and have fun no matter what system your on.

Oh really, look how behind PSU 360 is on content updates.

Malachite
Jul 27, 2011, 06:58 PM
You cry babies just need to give it up already. You should replace everything in this topic with "WHAA I DON'T HAVE A GOOD PC SO I WANT IT ON CONSOLES WHAA"

/topic.

blazingsonic
Jul 27, 2011, 06:59 PM
(Better get this in before the mods closes it)
As far as where PSO2 winds up, I don't care, I am a bit inconvenced to having to be a CPU to play this and having to find the right specs for this game, if on console I have none of that to worry about just pop it in and play, as simple as making toast (YEAH TOAST!!), Just saying PC and Consoles have strenght and weaknesses, No need to bash each other's taste.

Upon reading everyone's post on the matter, I can clearly see it's another conflict in the matter of "I have it and you don't".

Vampiro_X
Jul 27, 2011, 07:00 PM
Why close it? Because I made valid points and you can't think of any sensible replies. Games are meant for consoles. PC's are meant for emails, facebook and skype and business and school crap. Do I want to make a resume on my xbox 360? NO it's not made for that. People like me are the reason its fair to bring games to everyone platform honey! Not being discriminated against! Close it if you want It will reopen again I assure you! =)

Corey Blue
Jul 27, 2011, 07:01 PM
Why close it? Because I made valid points and you can't think of any sensible replies. Games are meant for consoles. PC's are meant for emails, facebook and skype and business and school crap. Do I want to make a resume on my xbox 360? NO it's not made for that. People like me are the reason its fair to bring games to everyone platform honey! Not being discriminated against! Close it if you want It will reopen again I assure you! =)

Because this has been discussed already and most of us agree,PC is the way to go./thread

Vampiro_X
Jul 27, 2011, 07:02 PM
You cry babies just need to give it up already. You should replace everything in this topic with "WHAA I DON'T HAVE A GOOD PC SO I WANT IT ON CONSOLES WHAA"

/topic.

This is the type of person that makes it pointless to make a statement. I have a high end PC, I also have an Xbox 360 slim and a PS3 slim. So keep your comments to yourself while playing with your moms PC while shes watching TV to yourself.

Ririko
Jul 27, 2011, 07:02 PM
I really think it makes more sense to play this on XBOX 360 and PS3 as there are more of these Consoles then there are PC's

This is the best part of the whole post. I take my hat off to you, sir, jolly good show you've put up. Spiffing, if I may add.

Vampiro_X
Jul 27, 2011, 07:03 PM
Because this has been discussed already and most of us agree,PC is the way to go./thread

Well Im sorry I don't agree. All of my pso freinds from DC GC agree too it should be on console! There's alot more of us then there are of you!

Vampiro_X
Jul 27, 2011, 07:04 PM

Well Im sorry I don't agree. All of my pso freinds from DC GC agree too it should be on console! There's alot more of us then there are of you!

Now you can close it!

CONSOLES RULE!

blazingsonic
Jul 27, 2011, 07:04 PM

Was that directed at me? I wasn't even joining in the "CONSOLES SUCK PC FTW!!!!" fight, I agree is Sega wants PSO2 to be a hit they need to come up with a plan for a console version, something what's happening with DCUO.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2011, 07:05 PM
Because I made valid points and you can't think of any sensible replies. Games are meant for consoles. PC's are meant for emails, facebook and skype and business and school crap.

These three sentences, man. These three sentences. Wowza. :-o

Vampiro_X
"Oh really, look how behind PSU 360 is on content updates."

Hey Anon why are the pc servers closed and Xbox 360 still going ?

Seth Astra
The reason everyone wants it closed is because we had a very long thread on the "Consoles vs. PCs" arguement, which got closed. This argument went on for ages. I don't think anyone wants to have it again.

Corey Blue
Jul 27, 2011, 07:07 PM
"Oh really, look how behind PSU 360 is on content updates."

Hey Anon why are the pc servers closed and Xbox 360 still going ?

No need to explain,that was then,this is now./vanish