PDA

View Full Version : An apologue

EX-731
Mar 17, 2003, 10:27 AM
Yes I want to apologize. I know some of you have read my post in which I was overly critical of the mods of this message board. While some of the points I made I believe had, and still have some merit, I feel bad that I spoke out the way I did. In my post I mentioned that I try to be peaceable with everyone, but once I left work, and calmed down, I realized I had spoken rashly, and was not acting very peaceable now was it?...

(Now beings my explanation.)

It was one of "THEM" days here at the office Friday, so I was already worked up from work when I came to this message board. When stressed, I come here to get my mind of work, and relax a little before I have to go back to the old grind. I came across a topic that has been on my mind as of late. Should I buy the X-box PSO? I have both systems, and had always intended to get the X box version, but as of late, have had my reservations, because I?ve progressed so far in the game cube version, and finely got on line with it, was it worth it anymore?

I started reading the thread, and to be honest, learned a few things I didn?t know about xbox pso, it?s U.S. only networking being an example. I liked the brake down of the costs one member posted too. Then I get to the mod, who locked it up after 18 posts, none of which had gotten out of hand yet, and, being on edge in the first place, I got really annoyed. I?d like to say, that out of all the replies to my rant, his was one I have a lot of respect for. He replied to me in a very adult way, and I respect that greatly. He only wanted to keep the thread from erupting into a fan boy war, which, more than likely it would. I can see he was only doing what he thought was best for this website, and it wasn?t his fault my quality department here was stressing me out, so I?d like to say I?m sorry.

(But wait, there?s more. LoL)

So I go on to the mags, quests, ect board, and see a few noobish posts, 4 I think, all locked down? I wonder what he had to have said to get 4 of his messages locked up, so I investage, only to find he had said nothing wrong or offensive, he just asked a few questions. The Mod felt he could have found the answers to his questions in the web site, and locked down the topic. (Granted, the mod was right, and was nice enough to post links, this I do give him credit for.) What burned me up was that people were helping this new one, answering his question and a few more elaborating further on them. It was really nice of them to take the time to answer this new one?s questions, but this thread gets locked down. Then I read the two posts I mentioned in my rant, see that they?ve raged for days and are pages long by now? That?s what pushed me over the edge, and that?s why I posted what I did.

In Hine sight, which is always 20/20, I made a very common mistake, I spoke when I was angry. (That, and I let my frustration here at work effect my dealings with others, something that is not kind nor fair to you.) And for this I do apologize. I posted this here so everyone can see it. I dough everyone that saw my original post would know it was moved over to the rants board, (Heck, i didn't even know at first, i thought it was deleted... I'm so used to quiclky click off pop ups i didn't notice the privite messege button until this morning... LOL) and I wanted everyone to see this. I believe when someone makes a mistake, they should admit their wrong and apologize. So I have. Thanks again for letting me speak my mind.

EX-731 (in a much better mood today. J)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EX-731 on 2003-03-17 07:29 ]</font>

IceBlink
Mar 17, 2003, 10:59 AM
Er... this is probably gonna make you even more upset but...

This thread isn't game-related, but site-related, and as such, is in the wrong forum.

*sweatdrops and moves the thread*

Please don't kill the messenger!

[move]

EX-731
Mar 17, 2003, 11:08 AM
why would i do that? I posted it in general because i posted my rant in general. I wanted everyone to see it, so i figured put it in general. LoL. Why, my good man, would you be worried about upseting me? It's a much more peaceful day at work, and i just got back for a religous conventson over the weekend, I'm in a real good mood today! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Besides, truth be told, I don't really get angry very often, honest i don't. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EX-731

pixelate
Mar 17, 2003, 11:30 AM
Accepted. Let's celebrate over a http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/donut.gif. Enjoy Krispy Kremes?

IceBlink
Mar 17, 2003, 11:33 AM
*salivates*

Dammit, stop making me hungry! ;_;

EX-731
Mar 17, 2003, 11:46 AM
I'm on a diet... *starts weeping uncontrobably*

I've got about 25 pounds i want to lose...

one of my hobbies is weight lifting, and as anyone who lifts will tell you, to get be, you eat big. In the last two years, i've gained about 40 pounds.. i'd say 20-25 lbs of muscle, the rest fat... so now i'm trying to shed that fat and cut up alittle, and see what i have. Then from their i'll decide if i need to bulk up more, or just work on tune.

Beside, my 2 years of high protein dieting has left with my borderline/mildly high chelostral... and my doc yelled at me and put me on a diet... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm 24, and work out 5-6 days a week, play basketball on the weekend, and i have high chelostral, i about died when i got my tests back...

So, in other words, QUITE TEMPTING ME!!!!!!!!!!!

EX-731 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EX-731 on 2003-03-17 09:28 ]</font>