PDA

View Full Version : So, with the new screens/videos, where are the beasts?

Pages : 1 [2]

RemiusTA
Aug 14, 2011, 11:07 PM
I almost positive, Bruce Lee would get destroyed by Tyson in a fight. One punch would end it immediately.

Boxing is a very, very good martial art. It's actually pretty safe to know for anything, including UFC, but like any martial art, relying on it in a cage match will only get you put down.

Any mixed martial artist would tell you boxing is great to practice. But boxing is a sport, so of course people who are only allowed to punch above the belt will get destroyed in a match of rules where you're allowed to tackle, kick, grapple and break bones if the opponent doesn't tap. But out of most martial arts practiced (like tae kwon do or karate for example), Boxing usually works well in real life because the contact is a bit more liberal.

BIG OLAF
Aug 15, 2011, 12:56 AM
There are tons of similarities, you just aren't looking in the right place. You probably see "jumping" and "air combos" in PSO2, and look back on PSO and say "these are absolutely nothing alike". The entire atmosphere of PSO2 alludes to PSO. The outfit designs, the mood of the storyline, the realism in the weapons and animations.

When I said I think PSO2 is nothing like PSO, I meant by a game mechanic standpoint, not an aesthetic standpoint. In my opinion, PSO2 plays nothing like PSO. However, the two games look quite similar. That's just how I feel. No one has to agree with me, but no point dragging it on.

yoshiblue
Aug 15, 2011, 12:59 AM
I wonder if every race will have a different form of swinging their swords again?

•Col•
Aug 15, 2011, 01:50 AM
I wonder if every race will have a different form of swinging their swords again?

Probably not... :( It was a nice touch in PSO though.

RemiusTA
Aug 15, 2011, 02:12 AM

It wasn't all of them, but yeah most classes had varied animations for at least one or two weapons.

Im still going to be very pissed if Ramarl doesn't have her one-handed thug handgun animation.

Malachite
Aug 15, 2011, 02:17 AM
Me too, but I really doubt she will. Especially with the way aiming works now.

Stezan
Aug 15, 2011, 03:54 AM
It wasn't all of them, but yeah most classes had varied animations for at least one or two weapons.

Im still going to be very pissed if Ramarl doesn't have her one-handed thug handgun animation.

I always felt that she seemed out of place shooting her gun like that, being as her design clearly went for a more militaristic look and shooting in that manner is hardly practical. Would have been more at home with some of the Hunters.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2011, 09:42 AM
They've already said that the Casts have the most sturdy bodies and the highest physical abilities. Humans have balanced stats once again.

This is why I said, based on the information we have, they should give humans the best accuracy so they can be the "best" Rangers(even though I wouldn't like it).... If they don't though, Casts are going to be the "best" Hunters AND Rangers once again.

Like I said, just saying what I think would be good for balancing. And, if humans have already been confirmed as having balanced stats, wouldn't that automatically mean that their accuracy would be lower, anyway? Or are you just saying what you'd like to see? I'm a little confused.

And, on another note, I now know that I'll probably be looked down on when I say this, but I'll probably be making two casts again, a RAcast and a HUcaseal. though, I'm just doing it for the looks (I'm really into robots and mecha), I wasn't even aware of the fact that Casts had the highest strength in the game, I always thought Beasts did.

Long live the Enforcer and Violet series!

StriderTuna
Aug 15, 2011, 10:46 AM
a balanced stat character generally may not be the absolute best in anything, but s/he's generally pretty good at everything.

And as far as I heard in PSPo2, Casts were more noted for their ability to take hits (lots of HP) and accuracy while beasts were more noted for their strength. It's usually in most other games (PSO and PSZ) where they had the highest strength.

Also in PSPo2, Humans while mostly balanced, wound up with high Def and Mnd, giving them a rather consistent ability to tank.

RemiusTA
Aug 15, 2011, 11:22 AM
Casts in PSO were not really ATA superior. They were ATP superior.

PSU is the only game where they surpassed humans in both ATA and ATP. But in PSO, on average, most fleshie classes were more accurate. The humans had more ATA than the casts in Ranger, and Humar had more ATA than Hucast. I dont know about Hunewearl or Hucaseal though. (But it doesn't matter anyway, because Hunewearl had access to lv 20 techniques across the board, which is more than compensation imo.)

FOkyasuta
Aug 15, 2011, 11:32 AM

PSU is the only game where they surpassed humans in both ATA and ATP. But in PSO, on average, most fleshie classes were more accurate. The humans had more ATA than the casts in Ranger, and Humar had more ATA than Hucast. I dont know about Hunewearl or Hucaseal though. (But it doesn't matter anyway, because Hunewearl had access to lv 20 techniques across the board, which is more than compensation imo.)

And thus the Cast Supremacy was Strengthened. From what its lookin like it might just be the same, But who knows? Beta does.

RemiusTA
Aug 15, 2011, 11:35 AM
Casts truely were superior to humans in fighting capability in PSU. Both storywise AND gameplay wise IMO.

The lack of an ability to cast technics without a force weapon, and the lack of ANYTHING EXCLUSIVE pretty much assured that.

And then along came paradi cataract

Littleman88
Aug 15, 2011, 11:36 AM
Do not add new races stay with the original PSO races.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 15, 2011, 01:09 PM

Hunewearl gets 1 ata below a Humar so she has more then a HUcast but HUcaseal had the highest ATA of all Hunters (218, vs Humars 200, Huneys 199 and Hucasts 191), and she was 3rd in terms of ATP for hunters (Hucast -> Humar -> HUcsl -> HUney).

Also in PSO Hucast was already superior over anything else, give them S-parts or Red Ring for more ATA boost so they surprass HUmar and Huney with ease, give them a little Shifta and your superior Cast has been born.

•Col•
Aug 15, 2011, 01:39 PM
So Humans won't be the "best" of any class. I'm sure they'll be better suited for SOME of the subclasses though....... Maybe....

Do not add new races stay with the original PSO races.

Just get out.

kyuuketsuki
Aug 15, 2011, 02:51 PM
Also in PSO Hucast was already superior over anything else, give them S-parts or Red Ring for more ATA boost so they surprass HUmar and Huney with ease, give them a little Shifta and your superior Cast has been born.Problem with this is that HUney and HUmar can equip items and get shifta'ed just the same as the HUcast, so the differences don't simply disappear like you would suggest.

'Course, it's been a while since I played so maybe the HUcast had superior items available to him. But that would be a problem with the items, rather than the classes.

As far as the whole Bruce Lee vs. Mike Tyson thing... yeah, people into martial arts tend to look down on boxers a little too much. Mike Tyson would definitely be able to hold his own, but in no way he going to demolish Bruce Lee (only thing that ever demolished Bruce Lee was the unfortunate brain hemmorage). Size is far from being everything, and Bruce Lee would definitely have the advantage in speed and technique, as well as not being limited to using only his arms. Plus, he was no weakling. There's a reason Bruce Lee is still an inspiration for body builders everywhere.

Pillan
Aug 15, 2011, 04:35 PM

It is actually more accurate to say PSO is the only game where Casts did not surpass humans in both ATA and ATP. Casts have both stats higher in PSU, PSZ, and PSP2. And there are a number of ways to prove that Casts most likely had higher accuracy even in most cases outside of max stats in PSO as well.

But I do wholeheartedly agree that the balance was off in PSU with the Cast TP buff to reasonable numbers and the lack of a special for humans and Newmans.

Also note that accuracy is a separate stat from gun damage, so it is slightly more likely that Cast stats shift. However, I expect high melee damage, high gun damage, and high accuracy in exchange for PP and tech power.

pikachief
Aug 15, 2011, 04:42 PM
Just get out.

I never played much of PSO and i really want PSO2 to be its own game.. but I'd prefer it if they only had 3 races. And beasts are my favorite race too. But for the sake of balancing I think less races are better.

RemiusTA
Aug 15, 2011, 05:36 PM
Hunewearl gets 1 ata below a Humar so she has more then a HUcast but HUcaseal had the highest ATA of all Hunters (218, vs Humars 200, Huneys 199 and Hucasts 191), and she was 3rd in terms of ATP for hunters (Hucast -> Humar -> HUcsl -> HUney).

Also in PSO Hucast was already superior over anything else, give them S-parts or Red Ring for more ATA boost so they surprass HUmar and Huney with ease, give them a little Shifta and your superior Cast has been born.

Using shifta really doesn't count as a Hucast ability IMO.

It is actually more accurate to say PSO is the only game where Casts did not surpass humans in both ATA and ATP

I did say that, lol. Unless you're talking about PSP2 and whatnot. I group that with PSU.

But with that logic, can't you just give Humar ATP stuff and have him be the same way? ATA was not an easy stat to acquire on PSO.

Pillan
Aug 15, 2011, 07:07 PM
But with that logic, can't you just give Humar ATP stuff and have him be the same way? ATA was not an easy stat to acquire on PSO.

Comparing the level 200 base stats, for a HUmar to get to HUcast ATP, it is 102 Mag levels. While for a HUcast to get to HUmar ATA, it is 32 Mag levels. So it takes about three times as many Mag levels to do that. I don't have the stats at every level, but I am sure the ratio is more in favor of HUmar at lower ones.

So, no, the HUmar could not stuff stats into ATP and counterbalance the Cast advantage that lasts until most of us are bored of the game. But at level 200 at the material limit and with a few Centurion/Abilities and the proper Mag, HUmar can have more ATA.

RemiusTA
Aug 15, 2011, 07:29 PM
Comparing the level 200 base stats, for a HUmar to get to HUcast ATP, it is 102 Mag levels. While for a HUcast to get to HUmar ATA, it is 32 Mag levels. So it takes about three times as many Mag levels to do that. I don't have the stats at every level, but I am sure the ratio is more in favor of HUmar at lower ones.

So, no, the HUmar could not stuff stats into ATP and counterbalance the Cast advantage that lasts until most of us are bored of the game. But at level 200 at the material limit and with a few Centurion/Abilities and the proper Mag, HUmar can have more ATA.

Ah. Oh well then.

Remember that ATA only went up once per every 2 Mag levels. So it'd have been 64 levels. And almost all but the best ATA units only give single-digit increases iirc.

Pillan
Aug 15, 2011, 07:30 PM
Remember that ATA only went up once per every 2 Mag levels. So it'd have been 64 levels. And almost all but the best ATA units only give single-digit increases iirc.

I already took the fact that ATP went up 2 per level and ATA went up 0.5 per level into account in the numbers before.

•Col•
Aug 15, 2011, 07:40 PM
I never played much of PSO and i really want PSO2 to be its own game.. but I'd prefer it if they only had 3 races. And beasts are my favorite race too. But for the sake of balancing I think less races are better.

Why don't people understand that this isn't true if they decide to give Humans the "balanced" stats again? .... Which they have and are. And it's fine. Humans should be generalists.

But whatever. I just wanna say.... ALL HAIL OUR CAST OVERLORDS!

So for balancing purposes, since Humans are given balanced stats, and there are only 3 main classes, it's better to have another race mixed in as well, whether it be Beasts or whathaveyou.

EDIT: And for the record, I told that guy to get out because of the way he worded it.

It's fine if you don't want Beasts to return.... But don't come in here and say "PSO RAC3S ONRY!!11!1"

landman
Aug 15, 2011, 11:48 PM
I will agree that CAST make the best hunters in PSU, but the best rangers? Beast rangers have enough ATA to do their job, and their ATP is still superior, so they will always deal more dps than CASTs. In PSP2 this is another story though, that game transformed ATA into damage for ranged weapons, so CASTs dealt more damage, and newman were second. Beasts had its advantages too, they had as much EVP as newman did, and EVP was useful instead of a nuisance for Hunters like in PSU.

StriderTuna
Aug 16, 2011, 12:28 AM
Well everyone knows that Casts are good for raw proformance in ATP/ATA classes, but not without some serious flaws (eva, MST/Mind) as they take massive damage from techs and tech-like attacks.

Newmen are similar in MST/Tech using classes, but instead fear physical attacks actually landing.

Humans in contrast covers many angles and can adjust.

I wonder how EVA was a pain for hunters in PSU as that was a HUnewearl's key defensive stat.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 16, 2011, 01:01 AM
Using shifta really doesn't count as a Hucast ability IMO. .

Wasn't ment to be a ability, i was talking here about being in a party online and have a FO Shifta you. I've been playing PSO online since 2006 and i've yet to see a HUcast that isn't broken at all.

@kyuuketsuki: Maybe you can, but the ATA a HUmar or Huney can get extra from RR won't do them as much as a HUcast would. The 15 ata makes much more of a diffrence to HUcast then the fleshies if you ask me. Maybe it doesn't matter much at all but there was a reason they made HUcasts ata lower i guess, otherwise it would make him to powerfull....which you can still do with S-parts, RR and weapons with high hit %

Lance813
Aug 16, 2011, 01:16 AM
Sega should just leave spin-off races in spin-off games... If any other race should be implemented it should be new to the series. Beasts have no reason to be in PSO2 other than to make you happy and put massive plot-holes in the story.

Also, don't bother flaming me beast lovers, I doubt I'll be back in this thread.

tehhaxorer
Aug 16, 2011, 03:23 AM
I don't know, I just don't think that Beasts share the same "feel" as the original PSO.

Besides, they would be an interesting "new race" in an expansion...

Omega-z
Aug 16, 2011, 08:44 AM
StriderTuna, It's true that Cast do have weaknesses to those stat's , Except PSU atoi since they Have Gas and other combo's that make even a Cast have high or higher then a Neuman Mater Force at times in MST, and opposite for Neuman's with DEF if done right check out Adios character for Example. So Cast can be Great in every Stat except TP/Tech Damage and even then we don't know how PSO2 is going to handle it yet.

RemiusTA
Aug 16, 2011, 10:06 AM
Wasn't ment to be a ability, i was talking here about being in a party online and have a FO Shifta you. I've been playing PSO online since 2006 and i've yet to see a HUcast that isn't broken at all.

Yeah, well.

Hopefully, a lack of MST will help give them a weakness this time around. I would like DEF and MST to actually matter this time around. Like, they can tank big enemies and all, but magic attacks can wreck them much easier. It probably would have worked in PSU, but for SOME REASON there were like, 4 MST-defended attacks in PSU. There were technics that were defended by DEF in that game... they just hated forces all around, man.

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 10:36 AM
Animal ears are the best because...

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/cdbd5e2e-795d-4707-a938-6dd611e32605.gif

Having them as accessories from the other races just won't be the same. :-(

yoshiblue
Aug 16, 2011, 11:21 AM
I'm amazed, I have yet to see a direct Beast vs CAST thread.

lostinseganet
Aug 16, 2011, 11:23 AM
Beasts will be back. They'll be able to Nanoblast as well.

At that point The SUV system will be in place so Casts can use that effect.

Neumans will rediscover how to Summon ala PSO

And Humans...... uhhh.... Did Humans do something special in the PSP version? I always wanted them to like.... OVERCLOCK their weapons or something. But I didn't follow it past AotI....

..........whatever happened to Ethan Waber and everybody!? Geez!? Anyone can point me to a thread or a site that can tell me the story of the PSP games?
Maybe humans will transform into Beasts ? :)

Enforcer MKV
Aug 16, 2011, 11:34 AM
I'm amazed, I have yet to see a direct Beast vs CAST thread.

AND SO IT BEGINS.

RemiusTA
Aug 16, 2011, 12:03 PM
http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

condiments
Aug 16, 2011, 12:26 PM
AND SO IT BEGINS.

I don't think it ever ended.

FOkyasuta
Aug 16, 2011, 12:31 PM
I don't think it ever ended.

Cause the term "Im soo beast!" doesn't just pop outta thin air yes?

StriderTuna
Aug 16, 2011, 12:34 PM
Eh, it's hard to compare them when Casts were tweaked to allow their existence.

yoshiblue
Aug 16, 2011, 12:59 PM
I was thinking CAST supremacy vs The Beast lovers.

Rizen
Aug 16, 2011, 01:14 PM
Thing is, beasts can very easily be introduced into PSO2 without any story flaws or plot holes. They already stated that there will be multiple planets and you may interact with the natives of that planet. That alone could open the possibility of other races whether it be beast or more story appropriate race.

PS: BEAST WOMEN ARE THE BEST!

yoshiblue
Aug 16, 2011, 01:16 PM
So basically your saying that some people will choose mostly one planet to look at the natives. I wonder if they will include a jealous husband feature.

•Col•
Aug 16, 2011, 01:24 PM
I truly do hope that Casts are horribly overpowered and are the best race for every class by far.

I really do.

yoshiblue
Aug 16, 2011, 01:27 PM
Good to dream yes? Everyone knows the Humes will be overpowered in this game. The reign of the Humans have begun!

Rizen
Aug 16, 2011, 01:31 PM
So basically your saying that some people will choose mostly one planet to look at the natives. I wonder if they will include a jealous husband feature.

...What?

yoshiblue
Aug 16, 2011, 01:33 PM
look at your PS then look at my comment

Rizen
Aug 16, 2011, 01:53 PM
OH! LOL! *facepalm* I'm slow sometimes.

yoshiblue
Aug 16, 2011, 02:42 PM
Its all good

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2011, 03:46 PM
I truly do hope that Casts are horribly overpowered and are the best race for every class by far.

I really do.

That's a casualty of the PSU system. Less so in the portable outings. We shall see. Less of Sonic team the better. Keep em on Sonic so those games remain as they are.

SELENNA
Aug 16, 2011, 04:01 PM
They figured furries and PSO didn't match. :D

Masterflower
Aug 16, 2011, 04:28 PM
So Sega loves the skin but dislike the furries? Why cant we have both ; ;.

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 06:50 PM
Oh knock it off you people calling beast fans furries.
Beasts are like 98% human. I'm sorry you people love your boring old human ears.
It's not our fault that you people lack good taste.
Don't even mention nanoblasts, because none of use make a beast to look at those ugly things.

If you want to slag people off for being furries, then slag off the people who want those disgusting motavian things in the game.

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2011, 06:54 PM
Well newmans were originally cat girls. >_>
Now they are space elves (Aka genetically engineered magic humans)

Sord
Aug 16, 2011, 06:56 PM
Well newmans were originally cat girls. >_>
Now they are space elves (Aka genetically engineered magic humans)

Thought it was more along the line of a ferret or something.

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 07:01 PM
Yes, ears make all the difference.
And if liking 98% human is being a furry, you may as well call yourself a furry.
OR you could learn what a furry actually is.

Why is it that it's only wrong to like animal ears, but long elf ears or artificial cast ears are fine and dandy?

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2011, 07:03 PM
Thought it was more along the line of a ferret or something.

Nope cat ladies.

Sord
Aug 16, 2011, 07:06 PM
Nope cat ladies.

Well, whatevs then.

Anyways, while trying to peruse around figuring out why I was thinking there were some links to ferrets (and I could have sworn it was something HUnewearl_Meria said, but no luck) I did remember this thread, (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108031) which any PSU Beast lovers who never played the original PS games might enjoy.

It came to my attention today, that Phantasy Star III may very well have introduced the concept of Beasts as a race into Phantasy Star's associated elements. This, of course, means that Beasts aren't nearly as new as we think. See for yourself.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/VanGarrett/monster_beastess.gif

That's the Beastess mob, and its palette swaps include Trogress and Demoness. Then there's also:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/VanGarrett/monster_catwoman.gif
Catwoman, which palette swaps into Tigress and Lioness. There's a few other mobs that are similar in concept to the Beast race, though these are the two that most resemble it. What does everyone think?

I read something about this in an interview in an issue of EGM, gimme a sec and I'll quote it...
"We considered adding the Motavian farmer race from the old Phantasy Star games, and that evolved into the beastman idea" -Takao Miyoshi

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hey humans are my favorite race, mostly because my characters aren't from the PS universe and because I dislike elves that aren't Hylian, and I somehow hate playing as CASTs.

Personally I only like beasts as women and kids.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT, stop trying to bring this racism shit into a game, it's dumb enough as it is in real life.

Masterflower
Aug 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
You sound like a really butthurt furry.

Beasts suck anyway, which is probably why they're not in PSO2.

The reason they aren't in this is because they weren't originally in PSO.
If they aren't ultimately put in is fine and all but any new race they add, I'll be that. I learned from my mistake. Being basic has no real advantage. Cast lost their uniqueness a long time ago. Humans will continue to be under par compare to the other races >.>; Newmans are the only race atm that retain what define them. Only defining thing Humans have is being over populated. Idk why people don't see that Humans are the cause for like 90% of the problem. O.o;

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 07:11 PM
'I'M NOT A FURRY... I just reallllllyyy realllllly like animal ears... and transforming into an animal human hybrid'

Yeah, I've already stated my distaste for nanoblasting, you ignorant twat.

Animal ears are cute on girls because they can convey emotion and they get annoyed when you touch them.

I'm sorry that we don't all just like the same things as you and I'm also sorry you like to make up your own definitions for things to try and make yourself feel superior to others.

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 07:28 PM
Lol, if you can't tell that I'm trolling you because you're getting seriously upset over the lack of animal ears, then you have no right to ever call anybody 'ignorant'.

Go back to PSU.

I'm sorry, son, but you are pretty ignorant if you think trolling is OK on these boards.

I'm upset because I won't be able to recreate my main character. Plenty of people would be upset if they couldn't really recreate their character in the next game in a series they like.

And don't you ever tell me to go back to PSU. I hate that game.
Just because I hate it though, doesn't mean I don't want some of the good things back.
Also, PSP2 and PSP2i partially redeemed the existence of that game.

Anyway, I gave up hope on them coming back ages and ages ago.

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that if everyone does something bad, that makes it right. Duh... silly me.

And yeah, OK, beast females and good character customisation, despite most of the clothes being shit, was good. So yeah, those are the only things I really wanted from it.
Well at least I got 50% of the things I wanted from it.

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 07:50 PM
Mediocre?

I dunno I think PSU had a good thing going. The only true problem being clothing CHOICES Faces were kinda gross, and the hair styles ALL sucked. :\

The concept of the things we could do in general was pretty awesome...

and PSU was 2006? I don't play mmo's or online games much but from what I've been through PSU was at least more than mediocre.

Anyhow stop trolling, even though it's working.

BIG OLAF
Aug 16, 2011, 07:53 PM
I dunno I think PSU had a good thing going. The only true problem being clothing CHOICES. Faces were kinda gross, and the hair styles ALL sucked. :\

Only if you did it wrong...which most people did.

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 07:57 PM
Only if you did it wrong...which most people did.

It's not hard to make good outfits... If you were creative or at least had some artistic sense.

But I'll still say that even after PSP2 it was still tricky not only mixing up a good outfit, but making sure it matched my character's personalities.

(One of the reasons I get worked up over what may be our outfit choices in the future. Even though a lot of people are fine with just picking whatever armor plated G.I. Joe space wetsuit SEGA throws at them.)

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 08:00 PM
The character creation was not 'good'. It was leagues beyond PSO, yes, but compared to other games out there, it was very mediocre.

Also, you have a very strange obsession with beast girls.

I don't know, mate. I didn't play much else in 2006/2007 with character customisation. I was pretty happy with it. As long as there was at least an equal leap from PSU to PSO2 as there was between PSO and PSU in terms of character creation, I would have been happy, and they've easily made that leap, so far. We'll just have to see about the clothing next.

Yeah, I do like me dem beast women.

BIG OLAF
Aug 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
It's not hard to make good outfits... If you were creative or at least had some artistic sense.

This is true. From what I've seen, most people have terrible artistic/fashion sense. I'm one of the few people I know that can actually make tasteful outfits. Though, I've seen plenty others that make good ones, too.

ShinMaruku
Aug 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
So NOTHING good is in PSU? That's like saying all of PSO was good. But some aspects of that game were subpar.

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 08:07 PM

But I'll still say that even after PSP2 it was still tricky not only mixing up a good outfit, but making sure it matched my character's personalities.

(One of the reasons I get worked up over what may be our outfit choices in the future. Even though a lot of people are fine with just picking whatever armor plated G.I. Joe space wetsuit SEGA throws at them.)

This is true. From what I've seen, most people have terrible artistic/fashion sense. I'm one of the few people I know that can actually make tasteful outfits. Though, I've seen plenty others that make good ones, too.

I'll have to take your word on it, guys.
From those old Phashion threads in the PSU section, there were tonnes of people with terribly mismatched outfits, but they all thought they were great. ^^;

But I definitely had good outfits. 8-)

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 08:17 PM
So NOTHING good is in PSU? That's like saying all of PSO was good. But some aspects of that game were subpar.

That's just people being biased, I still think PSU brought way in too many good ideas that improved the series. Whether hardcore PSO fans cared for them or completely ignored them because they hated the rest of the game.

In terms of the actual game, I only feel a tiny gap of things that PSO did better than PSU. Which is what? Music, in mission level design, The TECHing concept was made kind of mediocre and then needing a rod to cast from them, and the "annoying anime story" ?

Everything else is the fault of bad management

The rest is just nitpicking, opinions, nostalgia, and nepotism...

Masterflower
Aug 16, 2011, 08:19 PM

Lol I always find a way to make something work. Believe me, I place fashion as my highest priority when it comes to online games and various RPGs like this. If the character doesnt come out the way I like it, restart. There was even a point I had maybe what? almost 72 hours and I restarted because the look started to become dull? I have been known to sit at a character creation screen for hours. One time it took 3 hours to finalize a look. Games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age... on man.. whats the total restart on those.....20?

Oh man I can see it now.... Im looking at maybe 5 hours into PSO2's character creation screen because of how in depth it is... lol.

NoiseHERO
Aug 16, 2011, 08:24 PM
Lol I always find a way to make something work. Believe me, I place fashion as my highest priority when it comes to online games and various RPGs like this. If the character doesnt come out the way I like it, restart. There was even a point I had maybe what? almost 72 hours and I restarted because the look started to become dull? I have been known to sit at a character creation screen for hours. One time it took 3 hours to finalize a look. Games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age... on man.. whats the total restart on those.....20?

Oh man I can see it now.... Im looking at maybe 5 hours into PSO2's character creation screen because of how in depth it is... lol.

I think the biggest issue with the character creation is that...

You'd make a character that looks fine, then you start running around in game, and they'd look completely different...

Like the clothing/face/creation screens are rendered differently or something...

BIG OLAF
Aug 16, 2011, 08:25 PM

I know the feeling. I'll most likely be spending a whole afternoon in the PSO2 creation menus. There's just...too much to look at.

Also, I too place looks and style (at least for my character) before anything else in an RPG-type game. A while ago I said I wouldn't even buy PSO2 if the customization was crap. Obviously it's not, so I'm on board.

Mracless
Aug 16, 2011, 08:30 PM
If I got into the alpha, I'd probably miss the chance to play it, because I would have spent too long with the character creation, even though all the characters will be deleted anyway. ><

I need to like my characters!

Masterflower
Aug 16, 2011, 08:37 PM
If I got into the alpha, I'd probably miss the chance to play it, because I would have spent too long with the character creation, even though all the characters will be deleted anyway. ><

I need to like my characters!

Lol exactly. My characters are well, basically a persona of myself in a alternate world.

Zyrusticae
Aug 16, 2011, 08:43 PM
It's funny, the direction this thread took.

Not that I'm complaining. Customization >>> extraneous races.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 17, 2011, 09:49 AM
It's funny, the direction this thread took.

Not that I'm complaining. Customization >>> extraneous races.

Wasn't this thread always about Beasts, though?

Oh, and not to open up a boiling kettle again, but lol, there are some seriously angry people in here. O.o

BIG OLAF
Aug 17, 2011, 09:50 AM
Oh, and not to open up a boiling kettle again, but lol, there are some seriously angry people in here. O.o

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 17, 2011, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

Why thank you, kind sir.

Would thou like a spot of Earl Grey?

XD

But seriously (or not, lol)

At least not everyone on this forum is. :P

Mracless
Aug 17, 2011, 10:32 AM
Wasn't this thread always about Beasts, though?

Please don't say such mean things about me.
I shouldn't have to just stay quiet and take abuse.
That's what bad people want me to do.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 17, 2011, 12:01 PM
Please don't say such mean things about me.
I shouldn't have to just stay quiet and take abuse.
That's what bad people want me to do.

>.>

Yeah, never mentioned anyone by name....

Powder Keg
Aug 17, 2011, 02:25 PM
While Beasts did have different facial features, there's really little to no difference to how they look compared to humans. Newmans were already close enough, Beasts just made it even more redundant. A race like Motavians should have been around from the start...I think it would make perfect sense.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 17, 2011, 02:36 PM
Honestly, I didn't mind beasts. Arguments saying that "they weren't in PSO, therefore they don't belong" Don't really work on me, since PSU was my first PS game. I wouldn't complain if they were added to the game, and I laugh at the idea that Beasts are furries. I don't really know much about the capabilities of the Motavians, so I can't say anything about them either way. Though, if the race balancing is truly the way it seems to be - it's messed up.