PDA

View Full Version : Latest PSO2 details from Famitsu (July 27-28)

Pages : 1 [2]

Vashyron
Jul 30, 2011, 10:13 PM
...Seriously, you guys are trolling at this point. It's a discussion board. People discuss things on a discussion board! Apparently it's now some kind of crime to discuss things on a discussion board? News to me!

People also discuss things on a discussion board at the right place. By all means create one if you want to talk about it so bad, I'll probably join in the argument even knowing it won't go anywhere.

Anyway. Here have a HUcast scanned from Famitsu:

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hucast.jpg

It's a pretty big change from the PSO one.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2011, 10:19 PM
That HUcast picture reminds me of Evangelion quite a bit.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2011, 10:19 PM
It looks cool, but it looks more like something I should be killing. Or just another post-evangelion giant robot.

Seriously, calm down on the giant robot designs.

CASTs are people too. :\

Vashyron
Jul 30, 2011, 10:23 PM
I like them making the Male Casts "Mecha" like so far, more so than the boxes we got in PSU.

I think I may make a Cast Sub this time, but not for stats alone, but their looks as well.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2011, 10:27 PM
I still prefer more sleek or "parts" that look easier/more natural to move around in.

In which even PSU only had a few.

The best example I could think of would be something similar to Kireeks design.

Vashyron
Jul 30, 2011, 10:34 PM
Reminds me... looking at it, is that artwork with it using Units? Because if not I see mass clipping happening. :wacko:

Also this is the first Original PSO class look that seems to have moved away a lot from the original.

FOkyasuta
Jul 30, 2011, 10:41 PM
Sometimes, New is bad. That is a good example.

*Cough*Been Skipped.*Cough*

Zyrusticae
Jul 30, 2011, 10:43 PM
CASTs are people too. :\
For some reason, this amused me greatly.

I will refuse to consider them people, just to piss 'em off! It amuses me so.

lostinseganet
Jul 30, 2011, 11:12 PM
Mags are living, evolved protectors!!!!!!!!
MAGS ARE ALIVE!
digimon baby yeaaa! Look out pokemon!

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2011, 11:27 PM
For some reason, this amused me greatly.

I will refuse to consider them people, just to piss 'em off! It amuses me so.

Well, PSU's more interesting than actual story; back story says shut up.

pikachief
Jul 31, 2011, 12:11 AM
But you DO have 600 people online. Playing the game. At the same time. It does not matter if the game is instanced or not -- you DO realize that no matter how big a game world is, you can only interact with a finite number of players at a single time?

I hate this example. Does it mean Halo's an MMO? It's a multiplayer online game with a massive amount of people on at one time. :/

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 12:13 AM
I hate this example. Does it mean Halo's an MMO? It's a multiplayer online game with a massive amount of people on at one time. :/

Hate is a strong word for such a silly argument.

pikachief
Jul 31, 2011, 01:52 AM
Hate is a strong word for such a silly argument.

I know it is. I'm sorry for its misuse.

A better example for the word is: "I hate this silly argument in the first place, why am I continuing it?" :)

Aerilas
Jul 31, 2011, 07:10 AM
STILL no mention of Challenge mode...

Either it's not going to come...

or SEGA is going the money-hungry PSU way: release it in a 2nd game like they did with AOTI

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 07:24 AM
PSU and PSP2 had challenge missions or something right? @_@

I dunno how PSO's challenge mode worked, but I'm sure we'll have a LOT of different gameplay modes, paranoia seems to getting pwned left and right recently.

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 07:37 AM
STILL no mention of Challenge mode...

Either it's not going to come...

or SEGA is going the money-hungry PSU way: release it in a 2nd game like they did with AOTI

STILL no mention of like 90% of the things in the game. Damn, I guess this is gonna be a really tiny game... wait no, that's just silly logic!

They're not gonna announce every little damn thing before the game comes out, wow. Going on that logic, I can say we're going to be limited to 5 weapons and 2 maps. I haven't seen the final boss yet; guess there isn't gonna be one!

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 07:39 AM
The final boss is obviously gonna be dark falz again.

I'd say something possessed by it, but since this game is targeting peoples nostalgia I THINK NOT.

Though a special appearance of the classic dark force would be super badass, especially if they made him scarier with todays modern graphics, easy since he already looked kinda gross.

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 07:41 AM
Lol I assume it's going to be Falz as well... but I was just making a point. Just because they haven't announced whatever yet, doesn't mean it's not gonna be in the game. That's just dumb.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 07:42 AM
Yeah I know what you were saying I was just saying in general, because of what popped into my head.

Because I'm bored.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 08:22 AM
I'm just kinda stoked to see what this dark invading force looks lllke, whether it's something similar to D-cell (is that right?) or Seed, I love the idea of my character fighting against this dark, horrible force that threatens the galaxy, rifle in hand. I can think of so many possibilities. XD

Adriano
Jul 31, 2011, 08:23 AM
Since all of the previous incarnations have been phallic in title, I think it's long over-due for this final boss to be named Dark Vulva.

GCoffee
Jul 31, 2011, 08:26 AM
I am inclinced to believe that those spiders and egg-dropping black enemies are the dark enemies of this game. The story tease said something about darkness invading the galaxy, so I wouldn't be surprised if those enemies appeared randomly on EACH field as part of an interrupt event.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 08:26 AM
It looks like it's gonna be related to planets this time.

Since it shoots out of the ground and makes symbiote (thing vemon from spider man is made of) webs all over until it makes a giant gothic bloody death ball of doom that does nothing.

Kinda reminds me of a lot of sci-fi horror/thriller movies which of course makes a lot of sense.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 08:42 AM
I am inclinced to believe that those spiders and egg-dropping black enemies are the dark enemies of this game. The story tease said something about darkness invading the galaxy, so I wouldn't be surprised if those enemies appeared randomly on EACH field as part of an interrupt event.

I was thinking the same, as well. Just hope they have a little bit more variety in the "dark" enemy design.

It looks like it's gonna be related to planets this time.

Since it shoots out of the ground and makes symbiote (thing vemon from spider man is made of) webs all over until it makes a giant gothic bloody death ball of doom that does nothing.

Kinda reminds me of a lot of sci-fi horror/thriller movies which of course makes a lot of sense.

Haha, yeah, I definitely see the comparision.

What I was thinking was a combination of these two ideas.

That during the interrupt events, you are swarmed by these "dark" creatures, and you have to beat them back.

Eventually, though, you reach planets that have either been fully corrupted (and have to be purified) or is a sort of homeworld for the parasites. (makes me think of the Zerg world at the end of SC2). I just want a world that you're ALWAYS fighting the parasites, and I want it to be bleak, destitute, I want it to have that feel that it's dark and twisted, I don't want it to be bright and flourescent like the courrupted AMF base. I want it to be brooding like the corrupted A-photon reactor from PRE-AOTI.

What good is the light if there is no darkness to cut through?

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 08:47 AM
I still want my damn...

Post apocalyptic city! even PSU was able to squeeze one in.

And these alien spider plant egg core things all over the place would make it even more awesome.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 08:49 AM
I still want my damn...

Post apocalyptic city! even PSU was able to squeeze one in.

Hey, how about your post-apocalyptic city with twisting tendrals of darkness.....

....*GASP* IDEA FOR A NEW INTERRUPT EVENT!

-ESCAPE- Escape the collapsing section of the city before it's too late!

GCoffee
Jul 31, 2011, 08:51 AM
Lol, but it said failing an interrupt event won't bear any consequences. Failing to escape a collapsing city, however, well....

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 08:55 AM
No consequences on the mission rank, they could make you detour around whatever collapsed. then continue with the mission as the rest of it is generated randomly anyway.

Otherwise, dying during an interrupt event, especially if the challenges increases wouldn't sound unnatural.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 09:05 AM
Lol, but it said failing an interrupt event won't bear any consequences. Failing to escape a collapsing city, however, well....

well, just make it that even if you die during this specific event, you don't lose a mission grade. Just the chance at extra items.

Of course, it was just an idea. Probably won't be in the game, but it's always nice to speculate and come up with ideas. I'm planning on going into this industry, so stretching my creative muscles is always a good thing. :P

RemiusTA
Jul 31, 2011, 12:54 PM

Nobody would ever call it that. But it is indeed massively multiplayer, obviously with hundreds of thousands of players online at any given moment.

Halo doesn't revolve around any player interaction aside from Vs. matches, though. There is no community mode outside of using Xbox live to find friends. Once you finish a match with someone, you are given no chance to interact with them farther unless you make a conscious decision to friend them.

This is the same with Fighting games, as well as most other FPS's, which is probably why they'll always avoid the official classification. But they obviously are Massively Multiplayer Online Games, that's barely even a question with the amount of players you can find online at any given time.

And D-Cell were definitely the best ones they've come up with. SEED was too neon colored and stupid looking. They were barely menacing at all. D-cell had neon lights but at least they still looked mostly dangerous. The only dangerous SEED enemy i can think of is the Carriguine.

pikachief
Jul 31, 2011, 02:15 PM
The final boss is obviously gonna be dark falz again.

I'd say something possessed by it, but since this game is targeting peoples nostalgia I THINK NOT.

Though a special appearance of the classic dark force would be super badass, especially if they made him scarier with todays modern graphics, easy since he already looked kinda gross.

I want Dark Force to come back :/

Or! A 12 player boss battle that has Dark Force Dark Falz and Dulk Fakis all in one subspace time rift thingy! Then you find out that Dark Force and Dark Falz teamed up to create the SEED and Dulk Fakis! :O lol

But then again I want Dark Force to be like Giygas and be a gigantic and not be able to grasp its true form lol

GCoffee
Jul 31, 2011, 02:19 PM
But they are all the same. :(
Bad bad English translation made seperated it into Falz and Force.

In truth however, it has always been a dark penis.

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2011, 02:25 PM
Dark Falz/Force/Phallus has been the main antagonist (whether directly, or indirectly) of every Phantasy Star game to date, besides PSPo2. He damn well better be the main antagonist in PSO2. It's just not Phantasy Star without the old bean.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 31, 2011, 02:35 PM
Screw Dark Phallus, I say go all the way with the Profound Darkness!

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2011, 02:36 PM
Meh. I hate equipment that adds looks to your character. Judging by the screens, some of the units look really dumb.
Seriously? You don't like customization?

Not really liking this. Does this mean you will *need* 12 ppl to get thruogh the content? I was only planning on duoing/small groups, I don't wanna be locked outta content. Sounds too much like raids, meh.
I don't think it meant you'll NEED 12 people, but that you can have UP to 12 people. Meaning that it's probably not a requirement.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 02:41 PM
But they are all the same. :(
Bad bad English translation made seperated it into Falz and Force.

In truth however, it has always been a dark penis.

I was gonna say this...

But seriously Giygas is the exact same thing as dark force...

Which I've said like at least 7 times here.

Everyone ignored it.

Just saying I said it before it was cool.

/fixes non-prescription glasses

pikachief
Jul 31, 2011, 03:40 PM
not true. I can grasp Dark Force/falz's true form, unlike giygas lol.

Also doing my research i found out that Dark Force is barely even a being lol. He's like a manifestation of rage that gets released by the Profound Darkness every 1000 years lol

Let's fight profound darkness, but throughout the last level there will be events that make different forms of Dark Force/Falz appear mid-mission that we can choose to fight for items or ignore! lol

Too bad none of my ideas matter and in the end we'll just fight another form of Dark Falz :(

Zyrusticae
Jul 31, 2011, 04:51 PM
Seriously? You don't like customization?Being forced to choose between looks and functionality is the exact opposite of customization.

Why support forced appearances?

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 04:56 PM
Oh no... forced appearances. I can't think of ANY game that does that! Siigh.

Lol but seriously? These ones are on such a small level too. Most games force the entire costume. Man, somebodys always cryin' about somethin'.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 05:40 PM
Everyone has that one little thing in a game they actually give a shit about.

FOR ME IT'S CLOTHES!

But if a unit makes me look stupid, I'm not wearing it. Simple as that.

Also just throwing it out there besides CASTs I think they said all the outfits were gonna be one pieced... The only reason this doesn't irk the balls out of me is because we can change the colors at will. In general I hope we still get a lot of outfits at the start (alpha test aside)

SephirothXer0
Jul 31, 2011, 06:40 PM
Being forced to choose between looks and functionality is the exact opposite of customization.

Why support forced appearances?

It's not forced at all. You don't HAVE to equip that extra stat boosting unit, just like you don't HAVE to use the strongest weapons or armors in the game like everyone else. The only thing forcing you is your anal fixation on min/maxing for the sake of being the strongest. Which is the opposite of customization.

I find it funny how close a lot of players sound to fanfiction writers who make their little Mary Sue characters. They're flawless, the strongest around and have the best equipment there is, but because they have rainbow colored eyes and J-rock hair and a necklace they're OH so unique!

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2011, 07:00 PM
It's not forced at all. You don't HAVE to equip that extra stat boosting unit, just like you don't HAVE to use the strongest weapons or armors in the game like everyone else. The only thing forcing you is your anal fixation on min/maxing for the sake of being the strongest. Which is the opposite of customization.

I find it funny how close a lot of players sound to fanfiction writers who make their little Mary Sue characters. They're flawless, the strongest around and have the best equipment there is, but because they have rainbow colored eyes and J-rock hair and a necklace they're OH so unique!

Man, those can be really annoying. Especially when they pull random stuff out of nowhere just to avoid being scratched lol.

Zyrusticae
Jul 31, 2011, 08:32 PM

Wow, talk about total and complete bullshit.

Let's get this straight: Because you're used to making trade-offs (and this is a video game, let me remind you), EVERYONE ELSE should too?

Y'know, there's quite a few games that do not force these things on you. It's becoming increasingly common, in fact, to divorce appearance from stats entirely. Aion does it, Champions Online does it (in fact, it's kind of intrinsic to the premise), APB does it, EVE Online does it, hell, even Everquest 2, which is AGES old by now, gives you the choice to wear whatever the hell you want over your badass uber stat-boosting gear. Hell, even PSU (PHANTASY STAR FUCKING UNIVERSE) divorced your appearance almost entirely from your stats - the only items that affected your appearance were your weapons and MAYBE an aura!

So from a business perspective, looking at the competition, forcing the choice on players is actually a step backward.

And let's not forget that this is a co-op game, where your performance will intrinsically affect the enjoyment of other players. Certainly, you can choose to not use the best gear available to you at the time, but then you might set your whole party back. How is that beneficial to anybody? Not to mention there are tons of elitists who will give you shit for not wearing the best gear you have available to you (something I got a lot for using Crea weapons and A-rank Tenora Works axes in PSU). I could ignore them, but then, there are a lot of them. And if such a simple, useful feature can make all parties involved happy, well, why the hell not?!

Unbelievable, really. Some of you folks are so caught up in your own little world that you didn't even notice some of the advancements of recent titles. Funny, that's the exact thing that made FFXIV a complete and utter failure. I really hope Sonic Team has quite a bit more foresight than that.

Also, I am DAMN glad you guys aren't the ones making the game.

Oh no... forced appearances. I can't think of ANY game that does that! Siigh.

Lol but seriously? These ones are on such a small level too. Most games force the entire costume. Man, somebodys always cryin' about somethin'.
Case in point.

Have you played any MMO made within the past 5 years? You should have realized immediately how utterly stupid and wrong this statement was and is. You people are seriously out of touch.

Tetsaru
Aug 1, 2011, 07:20 AM
It's not forced at all. You don't HAVE to equip that extra stat boosting unit, just like you don't HAVE to use the strongest weapons or armors in the game like everyone else.

Sure, it's still a matter of choice, but it is discouraging. If the best unit in the game makes your character turn into a retarded-looking clown on LSD that prances around and farts rainbows, then not everyone will want to use it because 1 - everyone who eventually got it would look the same, leaving no sense of individuality, and 2 - you'd just look fucking ridiculous, despite perhaps getting a few lulz out of it initially. And then at that point, people would be at a gameplay disadvantage against the people who actually DO use it, or, if no one in general uses it at all, then that just means the game developers wasted their time and resources making the item in the first place, and failed to deliver proper content to their customers.

Easiest thing to do to fix this imo would be just to have a toggle display gear option, or do like some games do and let you wear your stat-boosting gear along with your clothes that look cool, and choose between which set you want to show off.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 08:01 AM
Sure, it's still a matter of choice, but it is discouraging. If the best unit in the game makes your character turn into a retarded-looking clown on LSD that prances around and farts rainbows, then not everyone will want to use it because 1 - everyone who eventually got it would look the same, leaving no sense of individuality, and 2 - you'd just look fucking ridiculous, despite perhaps getting a few lulz out of it initially. And then at that point, people would be at a gameplay disadvantage against the people who actually DO use it, or, if no one in general uses it at all, then that just means the game developers wasted their time and resources making the item in the first place, and failed to deliver proper content to their customers.

Easiest thing to do to fix this imo would be just to have a toggle display gear option, or do like some games do and let you wear your stat-boosting gear along with your clothes that look cool, and choose between which set you want to show off.

Yeah, I remember DC Universe online doing that.

Equip a crapload of odd looking armor+weapons, and then you could change your look, keeping the stats intact.

r00tabaga
Aug 1, 2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I remember DC Universe online doing that.

Equip a crapload of odd looking armor+weapons, and then you could change your look, keeping the stats intact.

Second that. Everyone is gonna start the game out looking very unique and then by level 20 we will all look the same!

Malachite
Aug 1, 2011, 10:23 AM
Case in point.

Have you played any MMO made within the past 5 years? You should have realized immediately how utterly stupid and wrong this statement was and is. You people are seriously out of touch.

I still play some MMOs, and I still see a lot that force costumes. While PSO2 is forcing some, I think the fact that the small amount of 'forced' appearance here is silly for people to complain about.[/quote]

It's basically a weapon. Do you want to be able to control how your weapons look, too? No, if you don't like how it looks, don't use it. That's how it's always been in PSO.

No idea why the quote box didn't work.

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2011, 12:08 PM
And if I refuse?

Seriously, the ability to turn off or replace appearance-affecting items is practically standard issue in these kinds of games now. If PSO2, which has customization as a massive selling point, cannot do this, something is very, very wrong!

And yes, I DO want to be able to control how my weapons look! It's not that freakin' hard! You act like it's completely acceptable for PSO2 to be behind the curve (it's not), you also seem to be under the impression that implementing a feature as simple as appearance swapping is somehow outside the purview of the game (seriously? Really?). That is just complete nonsense. What is "average" is absolutely not justification for not going the extra mile.

Also, I do not play any MMOs that force your appearance, so as far as I'm concerned, their existence may as well be ignored.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 12:15 PM
It's basically a weapon. Do you want to be able to control how your weapons look, too? No, if you don't like how it looks, don't use it. That's how it's always been in PSO.

That doesn't mean that's how it has to be, though you'd be right to say it's likely it will be like that. Honestly I doubt it's that hard to add RGB sliders to some portion of a weapon. The only real nuisance would just be setting it up for every weapon. I really don't care either way, if we get the option I'll definitely use it, but so far most weapons seem to look fairly good. I like the style of them so it's kind of a non-issue for me.

Someone in here I think said unit color might be tied to secondary color. If that is actually true, weapons might get a similar attachment. Also keep in mind even if that ability isn't in there at launch, doesn't mean they won't patch it in down the road or something.

Malachite
Aug 1, 2011, 12:30 PM
And if I refuse?

Seriously, the ability to turn off or replace appearance-affecting items is practically standard issue in these kinds of games now. If PSO2, which has customization as a massive selling point, cannot do this, something is very, very wrong!

And yes, I DO want to be able to control how my weapons look! It's not that freakin' hard! You act like it's completely acceptable for PSO2 to be behind the curve (it's not), you also seem to be under the impression that implementing a feature as simple as appearance swapping is somehow outside the purview of the game (seriously? Really?). That is just complete nonsense. What is "average" is absolutely not justification for not going the extra mile.

Also, I do not play any MMOs that force your appearance, so as far as I'm concerned, their existence may as well be ignored.

So basically what you're saying is that the game shouldn't have anything appearance wise set it stone, or designed to look a certain way by the developers. It should allllllll be controlled by the player? That's stupid. I guess Dark Flow should look however the hell the guy playing the game wants it to, rather than the iconic PSO weapon that it is?

That's silly. Not everything should be completely and totally customizable just because you have a strange obsession with how your character looks. Sounds like you're stuck in RPville or something.

Costumes/appearances should be very customizable, yes. But weapons? Not in my opinion.

And if I refuse? Then don't play the game if it really breaks your heart so much.

@Siyamak. Actually, I believe that the unit's color is your choice.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 12:37 PM
@Siyamak. Actually, I believe that the unit's color is your choice.
That'd be pretty nice. Admittedly I'm a little behind on some of the videos. I know there was one that involved showing things at a conference and I think it talked about customizing. Didn't actually get to watch it. Might have missed others to.

Malachite
Aug 1, 2011, 12:38 PM
It didn't just talk about customization, it showed like 15 minutes of the actual editor, lol. As well as like 3 gameplay videos.

They're up on youtube. I'd suggest watching 'em; lots of information.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 12:41 PM
It didn't just talk about customization, it showed like 15 minutes of the actual editor, lol. As well as like 3 gameplay videos.

They're up on youtube. I'd suggest watching 'em; lots of information.

3 of 'em 0_o I just know about the newer one on the front page. Eh well, to youtube!

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2011, 03:13 PM
I want to be able to do badass things with an avatar that looks the way I want it to.

Obviously, the devs see this as a major priority, otherwise they wouldn't be putting so much visible effort into it. Now tell me, why are you so against the "doll" aspect of the game? Because it IS a part of the game, whether you like it or not, whether you admit to it or not.

It sounds to me like you guys are feigning manly machoness for a game that is most definitely not made for macho hotheads.

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2011, 03:14 PM
It still actually bugs me that all the outfits are one-piece...

If there's actually a LOT of outfits and I actually like a good number of them I can't complain with a palette swapper. But as vast as our customization is, it'll be a punch in the balls if I can only really choose 6 outfits and it turns out I hate the way all of them look. So far I'm only really finding the humar outfit decent.

I also find it weird that CASTs can swap out parts like lego-men but fleshies are stuck in one pieces...

It's like being told "Make anything shape want with this clay, but you can only paint it all red." Barbie dreamhouse or not. :\

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 03:17 PM
if anything, we may get one piece outfits of characters in the original 4 Phanasy Star games

Malachite
Aug 1, 2011, 03:19 PM
It sounds to me like you guys are feigning manly machoness for a game that is most definitely not made for macho hotheads.

Lol it's not that at all. We all want good customization too. We just think it's ridiculous/hilarious for someone to get worked up enough to write walls of text over something as silly as not being able to hide a certain item, or the shape of someone's spine.

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2011, 03:24 PM
What the fuck?

http://pso2.jp/gallery/screenshot/image/element/20110801/ss_54_l.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22089

Wanting to hide THAT ABSURD BULLSHIT is SILLY?!

LOOK AT IT. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO IGNORE. That shit is huge. HUGE. It takes up MASSIVE amounts of screen real estate! How in the world is that even remotely acceptable?! It takes even more space than the gawdamn weapons do!

Unbelievable. Just freaking unbelievable. Who can defend this shit?

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2011, 03:26 PM
People like to argue.

pikachief
Aug 1, 2011, 03:34 PM
better get used to it because unless it changes before the beta, then your Phantasy Starz is most likely gonna be full of giant metal pieces jutting out of your characters :)

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2011, 03:36 PM
What upsets me is the fact that you continue to be a condescending dickhead, in case you didn't pick that up.

I am not capable of EXTREEEME RAAAGE without some incredibly tactless asshole provoking me.

better get used to it because unless it changes before the beta, then your Phantasy Starz is most likely gonna be full of giant metal pieces jutting out of your characters :smile:
It WILL change.

You can't expect me to believe that having some checkbox in the options saying "Hide Units" takes a lot of work. Because, seriously, it really doesn't. Especially next to the customization options they already have in the game.

chrisy05
Aug 1, 2011, 03:38 PM
It still actually bugs me that all the outfits are one-piece...

If there's actually a LOT of outfits and I actually like a good number of them I can't complain with a palette swapper. But as vast as our customization is, it'll be a punch in the balls if I can only really choose 6 outfits and it turns out I hate the way all of them look. So far I'm only really finding the humar outfit decent.

I also find it weird that CASTs can swap out parts like lego-men but fleshies are stuck in one pieces...

It's like being told "Make anything shape want with this clay, but you can only paint it all red." Barbie dreamhouse or not. :\

Well, when you consider that Casts get zero facial customization, and are limited to choosing 5 preset sizes when adjusting the size of their parts (unlike fleshies, that can mold the length and width of their body parts), then it begins to make more sense.

Angelo
Aug 1, 2011, 03:40 PM
I agree that it seems some of them could be an eyesore for certain character concepts. Hoping the units can be visually turned off.

NoiseHERO
Aug 1, 2011, 03:41 PM
The hunewearl looks a little too unnatural to move in, but I still think the ramar outfit looks BETTER like that.

Though for me it'd make more since if we got CAST thrusters from some of those units (just from the shape)

Or if the Hunewearl's units right there could be used as an extra(or in general) weapon.

Malachite
Aug 1, 2011, 03:47 PM
It WILL change.

You can't expect me to believe that having some checkbox in the options saying "Hide Units" takes a lot of work. Because, seriously, it really doesn't. Especially next to the customization options they already have in the game.
It wouldn't take a lot of work, but I doubt they're even thinking about it in the first place. Though I hope there is no such option, just to troll you crazies! :3

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2011, 03:49 PM
LOL.

You can bet your ass that a LOT of the players in the alpha are going to tell them off on it. It is a massive change from the previous games.

BIG OLAF
Aug 1, 2011, 03:50 PM
LOL.

You can bet your ass that a LOT of the players in the alpha are going to tell them off on it. It is a massive change from the previous games.

Maybe not. Japanese people do indeed love their cybernetic, bulky-ass mecha looks.

•Col•
Aug 1, 2011, 03:53 PM
I like how those units look. :(

pikachief
Aug 1, 2011, 04:14 PM
i wouldnt put any bets on them changing it, but I'd be happy if there was the option to turn them off or on, cuz some could be cool but I can see a lot just being annoying or lame.

r00tabaga
Aug 1, 2011, 04:22 PM
i wouldnt put any bets on them changing it, but I'd be happy if there was the option to turn them off or on, cuz some could be cool but I can see a lot just being annoying or lame.

Or like I said earlier today, everyone starts the game out with a one-of-a-kind, unique looking character and then by level 20 everyone looks the same. You can have all the customization your little hearts desire but if everyone is equipping these units for stat bonuses, it will look laim.

•Col•
Aug 1, 2011, 05:08 PM
That, too.

I never understood why people are for the E-Peen aspect of itemization. Inevitably, everybody will look exactly the same in a system where everybody goes for the best stuff and that stuff has a very distinct look.

The majority of PSO/PSU players go for looks over stats when it comes to weapons. The same will be true for units(unless there's one that's just ridiculously overpowered)...

Zekester
Aug 1, 2011, 07:23 PM
One concern I have is the number of players for parties.

12!? Good lord, I thought 6 in PSU was too much, but 12? I just hope it actually takes 12 to beat some enemies.. Otherwise some players will just be running to the end.

Corey Blue
Aug 1, 2011, 07:24 PM
One concern I have is the number of players for parties.

12!? Good lord, I thought 6 in PSU was too much, but 12? I just hope it actually takes 12 to beat some enemies.. Otherwise some players will just be running to the end.

No it's four to a party,but in certain areas you meet up with other team's.(you can also swap team members.)

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 07:39 PM
Still, the netcode in PSU seemed kind of blah. There was a significant upspike in network demand when a full party of 6 people came in. Granted, this is several years down the road and a lot of people have better connections. But that doesn't mean shit if the coding isn't up to it. Hoping for some good program optimization!

SaiKo
Aug 1, 2011, 11:29 PM
On the note of equipment appearance, I've got to say, I'm firmly in the camp that likes fixed-appearances for weapons and shields. While it may restrict the ability to make your character exactly what you want on all fronts, it does something more important, IMO; it makes rare items distinct, interesting, and far more collectible.

If, say, a Bringer's Rifle can look like a Holy Ray or a Yasminkov (and vice versa), then it stops feeling like a worthwhile and discreet item, and everything just kinds of melds together into a relatively uninteresting mess. It's the combination of unique stats, skins, and specials that made each item in PSO feel so distinct, made getting new items fun, and allowed for the "gotta catch 'em all" aspect of the game to be so engrossing.

Making skins swappable or allowing them to be "cloaked" would kill the collector's aspect for me and thus eliminate my primary drive to play. So I really hope they don't go that way...

As far as armour goes, I'm less concerned. Simply to keep in line with PSO, I'm fine with seeing it kept invisible in the first place... Then having a separate clothing/costume slot dedicated to appearances is fine.

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2011, 11:58 PM
On the note of equipment appearance, I've got to say, I'm firmly in the camp that likes fixed-appearances for weapons and shields. While it may restrict the ability to make your character exactly what you want on all fronts, it does something more important, IMO; it makes rare items distinct, interesting, and far more collectible.
Fair enough.

I never felt that the way Aion handles it makes rare items less noteworthy, however. If your weapon has the appearance of an extremely rare one but not the stats, it (the skin) is still entirely unique and interesting - perhaps even more so, because you've changed it to suit your tastes - customized it, as it were. Likewise, if I have a badass weapon with seriously badass stats but with the appearance of a "common" weapon, people can still look at my stats and see what it really is. When I see "Stormwing's Spear" on someone's profile, it doesn't even matter what it's been skinned to look like (though people usually opt NOT to skin it because the skin is totally, 100% badass), I know that's what they're using and I know what they went through to get it.

But, eh. If you haven't had that kind of experience, I can understand your feelings. I still hope they add skin swapping, regardless.

StriderTuna
Aug 2, 2011, 12:53 AM
This reminds me of the Ep1 days before rares got their own models (They were just mixed colored variations of the normal weapon type)

I'm someone who prefers stats over appearance, but a separate appearance and equipment system would be nice as it'll allow me to look nicer without making any sacrifices. That and it'd allow fashion minded players to have actually nice stats for once.

But on the weapons, I'd rather have rares at least to retain their special model (not to say the varied models in PSZ wasn't nice)

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 10:57 AM
Y'know, guys, it's not like skinnable weapons would suddenly mean they wouldn't still have unique models. :p Only those players who choose to replace the skin would have the replaced skin, and you'd still see what the item actually was if you looked on their character profile (assuming they have a way to do that).

In fact, I imagine most players will opt not to skin most of their stuff. However, if a large contingent of players DO deign to reskin something, that's probably a sign of a terrible skin.

RemiusTA
Aug 2, 2011, 12:23 PM
I dont see the point. If you're going to add skinnable weapons, then you might as well give the players a pool of models to mix and match as well.

And if you do that, there's no point for weapons to drop in the first place. Unless you built it around some kind of synthesis system, but we all know it wont turn out like that.

And allowing the players free reign over textures? 98% of the weapons on the game would be fugly.

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 12:25 PM
So true. Not only ugly, but most likely profane as well.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2011, 12:53 PM
Yes, most people don't have an imaginative bone in their body. Not only would most characters be gross-looking, but most weapons too. No thanks.

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 01:03 PM
Let us customize our weapons' looks by letting use choose the color of the photon energy.

That'd be pretty cool.

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 01:04 PM
But Photon color signifies the strength of the weapon... Or atleast it used to.

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 01:17 PM
But Photon color signifies the strength of the weapon... Or atleast it used to.

I meant with rare weapons.

Their color doesn't mean crap anyway.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 01:35 PM
I dont see the point. If you're going to add skinnable weapons, then you might as well give the players a pool of models to mix and match as well.

And if you do that, there's no point for weapons to drop in the first place. Unless you built it around some kind of synthesis system, but we all know it wont turn out like that.

And allowing the players free reign over textures? 98% of the weapons on the game would be fugly.
You don't seem to understand how it works.

In Aion, it works by exchanging an item to replace the skin of another. When you put an item up to use its skin, you first have to physically possess the item. You then have to destroy the item in the process of reskinning the other.

In other words, it still requires collection and rare item skins are still rare (and very, VERY valuable to the right people). It's incredibly silly that you should think we have to go ALL THE WAY if you're going to have it at all. Weapon skinning doesn't have to be cheap, free, and easy. I don't even know why you thought that. You seem to like making massive leaps of logic like that.

I mean, really, let's examine that statement again: "If you're going to add skinnable weapons, then you might as well give the players a pool of models to mix and match as well." That seriously does not follow. Having skinnable weapons does NOT require giving players a pool of models to mix and match (and most certainly NOT for free). It's like saying, "well we have random items, so we may as well have Diablo-style ridiculous stat variation!"

And seriously? Being able to choose the looks makes weapon drops pointless? People still want uber awesome stats on their gear, y'know. And like I just said, you still need the weapon before you can use its skin in the first place - and you lose the weapon if you use it to skin another.

Also, custom textures has absolutely nothing at all to do with what I'm talking about. That's APB and, so far, exclusively the realm of APB.

RemiusTA
Aug 2, 2011, 02:00 PM
I dont really care how it works in the slightest. Aion isn't Phantasy Star. And im honestly not trying to pick on you anymore. Most of my genius shit gets taken down by the Mods anyway.

If they add it, they'll do it their own way, and i'll be happy. If not...well, there was no reason to think they would in the first place, so who cares.

RenzokukenZ
Aug 2, 2011, 02:09 PM
I've always liked how the rare weapons in PSO/PSU looked in terms of textures and color. Even if it didn't match your character's color scheme or seemed out of place, it made the weapon stand out more and give the character a more unique look.

So I'm not really into altering a weapon's texture. However I am open to the idea of perhaps installing add-ons to weapons, such as scopes and extra magazines for guns or counter-weights to swords.

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
The reason I don't like the idea of skinning your weapons is because it takes away from the authenticity/personality of the weapon. It just wouldn't have the same awesome effect upon seeing some extremely rare weapon, if it were skinned to look like something else.

No more stuff like 'OMG NEAT it's that weapon!'. It'd just be 'heyy cool skin what weapon is that.'

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 02:25 PM
Dude, I just wanted to be able to change my pants, shirt and shoes separately. ]:

Now people are wanting weapon skins...? @_@

I'd rather we have something similar to extend codes.

MUDGRIP
Aug 2, 2011, 02:26 PM
Rangers should be able to shoot from their photon chairs.

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 02:27 PM
Dude, I just wanted to be able to change my pants, shirt and shoes separately. ]:

Now people are wanting weapon skins...? @_@

I'd rather we have something similar to extend codes.

^This.

Extend codes are better than swapping weapon skins because it doesn't ruin the "personality" of the weapon like Malachite mentioned.

You get to use the weapon that you think looks the coolest without getting a huge disadvantage in stats.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 02:30 PM
Whenever people brought up photon chairs...

I looked at them like they were crazy.

I still do.

But after seeing it for real a week ago.

Those things scare the BAJEEZUS out of me.

It's like... you're in some rolly...demon...ectoplazmic...satanic...vampire... deathblob...sliding towards your sex slave in some while you sit on it with disturbing un-moving dead-like body language from some 1940's horror flick from some bleak part of germany.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 02:34 PM
The reason I don't like the idea of skinning your weapons is because it takes away from the authenticity/personality of the weapon. It just wouldn't have the same awesome effect upon seeing some extremely rare weapon, if it were skinned to look like something else.

No more stuff like 'OMG NEAT it's that weapon!'. It'd just be 'heyy cool skin what weapon is that.'
The voice of experience, I take it?

Because I don't see how it's any less "OMG NEAT" when you can just look at the weapon they're using on their profile. :-?

^This.

Extend codes are better than swapping weapon skins because it doesn't ruin the "personality" of the weapon like Malachite mentioned.

You get to use the weapon that you think looks the coolest without getting a huge disadvantage in stats.
I...

Y'know what. Forget it. I can't stop myself from violently rolling my eyes at this.

We'll see if SEGA implements skin-swapping or a feature similar to it. But goodness, some of the nostalgia whores on this site... man, I don't even know...

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 02:35 PM
Part of the reason why Photon Chairs were so awesome was because of how cheesy they were.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 02:39 PM

Because I don't see how it's any less "OMG NEAT" when you can just look at the weapon they're using on their profile. :-?

I...

Y'know what. Forget it. I can't stop myself from violently rolling my eyes at this.

We'll see if SEGA implements skin-swapping or a feature similar to it. But goodness, some of the nostalgia whores on this site... man, I don't even know...

Nostalgia who's??

Extend codes came from psp2...

SPECIFICALLY designed so that one weapon that you found useful/thought looked cool could pretty much do just as well as any higher ranked weapon.

MUDGRIP
Aug 2, 2011, 02:44 PM
woah dude... cmon now... there used to be some serious photon chair races with big payouts back in pso. You cant overlook the seriousness of photon chairs.

Ceresa
Aug 2, 2011, 02:44 PM

I always figured most people weren't lame enough to poke through other people's profiles.

What happened to "cool sword bro, what is it?"

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 02:45 PM
I...

.....Huh.....?

I thought Malachite made a good point.... Weapons do have personalities.... But I definitely know what it's like to want to use a weapon based on the looks though, which is what I thought you wanted. Extend codes solved both of these problems...

I used DB's Saber in PSO (which, if you havent played PSO, is like the most common and one of the weakest rare sabers in the game)... I was really happy in PSP2, because I was able to use DB's Saber once again, AND actually have it be decent.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 02:48 PM
I always figured most people weren't lame enough.

Internet.

/end conversation

Also a lot of annoying people checked others stats and equips a LOT on PSU, something about the way people play game appearing "inferior" to the way you play so it'll be the only chance you get to feel better about yourself by trying to disrespect them about it.

I won't say it's ironic that I'm telling you this...

But it is because I remember that thing you said about forces, being noob for not using pure magic or something like that.

Or that was someone else...

But in case it wasn't, yeah.

Pretty ironic bro.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 02:49 PM
I always figured most people weren't lame enough to poke through other people's profiles.

What happened to "cool sword bro, what is it?"
Haha! No.

People get their profile looked up before they're accepted in any groups.

I don't think "lameness" even registers as a reason to not do it anymore.

.....Huh.....?

I thought Malachite made a good point.... Weapons do have personalities....
Well, yes. But do they lose that personality just because they get used as a skin/get reskinned?

But I definitely know what it's like to want to use a weapon based on the looks though, which is what I thought you wanted. Extend codes solved both of these problems...

I used DB's Saber in PSO (which, if you havent played PSO, is like the most common and one of the weakest rare sabers in the game)... I was really happy in PSP2, because I was able to use DB's Saber once again, AND actually have it be decent.
I suppose extend codes would be fine, too. Though I would hope they're not too limited, it's not like I'd be using a single weapon throughout the entire game...

cheapgunner
I think certain weapons upon finding in mission should have a rarity star or something to distinguish themselves from their regular counterparts and have an higher base stats possibly as well.

An example would be the Killer Elite from PSU where red is the regular main color and a blue colored KE w/ higher base ATP can be found as a whole drop (though a good deal rarer than a normal KE)

NoiseHERO
/facepalm

Ceresa
Aug 2, 2011, 02:50 PM
Judging someone's playing style as being shit when it's completely correctable is completely different from judging their gear on a luck-based game bro.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 02:52 PM
Judging someone's playing style as being shit when it's completely correctable is completely different from judging their gear on a luck-based game bro.

Play style, gear... I'm not seeing a huge gap in differences...

They both generally include doing whatever the hell you want in the game you paid for, guy.

Ceresa
Aug 2, 2011, 03:01 PM
Yes of course it's your 10$ a month, blah blah blah.

Playing to the best of your class's potential for the benefit of the group used to take priority over doing whatever the fuck you want. A shame that such lofty ideals as putting the team above yourself is dying out.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 03:03 PM
Yes of course it's your 10$ a month, blah blah blah.

Playing to the best of your class's potential for the benefit of the group used to take priority over doing whatever the fuck you want. A shame that such lofty ideals as putting the team above yourself is dying out.

Not if you actually have friends to play with and they don't really care/do the same thing.

NICE SRS BUSINESS MENTALITY THOUGH! 8D

It's not awkward at all! 8D

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 03:53 PM
Lol?

"Guys, we're playing this game to be the best we can be, not to have fun!"

Have I been playing VIDEOGAMES wrong this whole time?!

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2011, 04:10 PM
Leave it to an elitist to make me laugh. Heh heh.

Sord
Aug 2, 2011, 05:17 PM
Gotta admit, there's something to be said though for running a metagamed party, running around and wrecking stuff can be great sometimes. However at other times I'd rather just take a break and do my own thing with whatever. Usually results in me having at least two characters (or equip sets,) one for casual and one for more hardcore play. I can't speak for the later games, but I'd hardly consider PSU: AoTI a "hard" game by any means. If PSO2 isn't any different, then in that case it probably won't even matter.

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 05:23 PM
If PSO2 isn't harder than the ridiculousness of PSU, then I will be a very sad panda.

RemiusTA
Aug 2, 2011, 05:34 PM

I...

What does anything that he said have anything to do with Nostalgia?

And you know, aside from the absolutely ridiculous arguments you're the source of, I can assure that you'd recieve far less enemies if you would stop resorting to insulting everyone you don't agree with. "Nostalgia Whore" is not a good term for someone who's opinion you'd wish to sway. In fact, it's really childish. You've called me so many wonderful names i can't even keep count.

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 05:56 PM
Yes... nostalgia. That's the reason for how I feel about weapon skins. EYEROLL

Say for example there's a new, awesome and sought after weapon in PSO2. The most legendary blade there is in the game. Normally, if someone would see somebody else using that weapon, it would have a certain 'wow' factor. However, once re-skinned, it loses all effect.

The awesomeness that is the power/rareness of that sword turns into nothing but stats with a random skin slapped on top. As for the 'check their profile' argument... that's just lol.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 06:15 PM
And again you seem to miss the point that people only reskin weapons if they choose to in the first place.

If someone doesn't want that "OMG WOW" factor, then they can reskin it. (Most people choose not to do this for really valuable weapons, go figure!)

And wtf is that argument? The power/rareness of the sword is lost if the skin is replaced? That makes NO SENSE AT ALL. The sword is STILL rare. The sword is STILL powerful. It STILL has the exact same name. You just can't tell at a glance because the player CHOSE to replace the skin!

It's like choice is a completely alien concept to you folks whenever skinning is involved.

What does anything that he said have anything to do with Nostalgia?
This whole "rare weapons are unique and lose their uniqueness if they're skinned!" thing is best described as clinging to the nostalgia of previous games and the way they do it, throwing out all possibility of an alternative actually being any good.

Like they say, "don't knock it 'til you try it."

And you know, aside from the absolutely ridiculous arguments you're the source of, I can assure that you'd recieve far less enemies if you would stop resorting to insulting everyone you don't agree with. "Nostalgia Whore" is not a good term for someone who's opinion you'd wish to sway. In fact, it's really childish. You've called me so many wonderful names i can't even keep count.You realize massively generalized statements like that only apply to you if you decide it applies to you?

But really, convince me that the people arguing against skins here are NOT doing so almost exclusively because that was their previous experience. Convince me that they HAVE played a game that lets you swap skins and that they HAVE experienced weapons becoming entirely un-noteworthy because of it.

It's funny, you harped on me for commenting on potential PSO2 PvP but not having played PSO battle modes. Well, I'm harping on you now for commenting on weapon skinning and not having played a game with the feature.

And by the way, I've only directly insulted people who have directly insulted me with their inane bullshit. Waste my time and I sure as hell am going to reciprocate.

Vashyron
Aug 2, 2011, 06:19 PM
How about you actually have to own the weapon if you want to use it as a skin over any other.

Though I don't really care much about customizing weapons.

Sord
Aug 2, 2011, 06:22 PM
Waste my time and I sure as hell am going to reciprocate.
No one is wasting your time. It's your choice to read or not read and reply or not reply. Face it, some people don't care for your opinions, and they're just as entitled to their own as you are to yours. All the logic in the world doesn't matter because these are opinions.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 06:23 PM
How about you actually have to own the weapon if you want to use it as a skin over any other.

Though I don't really care much about customizing weapons.
THAT'S EXACTLY HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS.

You have two weapons. One weapon that you want to use as the "base", i.e. that has the stats you want. Another weapon that has the skin. You put the skin on top of the base, the weapon used as the skin is destroyed and replaces the skin on the base.

If you've played the game for awhile, you know exactly which weapon was used as the skin. Rare skins still have the massive prestige factor, especially when you have to ask "where'd you get that?". And especially rare weapons still have the "OMG AWESOME" factor because, y'know, they're freakin' rare. And if someone decides to disguise that weapon with a low-level skin, why the hell should they be stopped?

No one is wasting your time. It's your choice to read or not read and reply or not reply. Face it, some people don't care for your opinions, and they're just as entitled to their own as you are to yours. All the logic in the world doesn't matter because these are opinions.
No, you don't seem to understand.

If I'm taking time to properly respond to somebody, I expect them to at least show some respect in their own response.

When all they respond with is pure trolling, they've both wasted my time and insulted my intelligence by dint of making it seem unworthy of their serious consideration.

That is when I get angry. Though, obviously, I might have to stop caring at some point because this board is utterly rife with people who seem incapable of showing basic respect for others' opinions.

Malachite
Aug 2, 2011, 06:25 PM
This whole "rare weapons are unique and lose their uniqueness if they're skinned!" thing is best described as clinging to the nostalgia of previous games and the way they do it, throwing out all possibility of an alternative actually being any good.
So... wanting a brand new weapon to be unique is somehow clinging to nostalgia? uh... yeah...

That makes no sense at all. What a moot argument.

Milla
Aug 2, 2011, 06:25 PM
I'm all for weapon customization, maybe small attachments could be used instead of grinding too.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 06:26 PM
So... wanting a brand new weapon to be unique is somehow clinging to nostalgia? uh... yeah...

That makes no sense at all. What a moot argument.

Okay.

Explain to me how a weapon is no longer unique if it is used as a skin.

Explain to me how a weapon is no longer unique if a skin is placed on top of it.

Explain to me what the difference is between a weapon that has been skinned and that has not been skinned, and explain to me why this is so incredibly important that it determines whether or not the weapon even has any value.

Sord
Aug 2, 2011, 06:34 PM
No, you don't seem to understand.

If I'm taking time to properly respond to somebody, I expect them to at least show some respect in their own response.

When all they respond with is pure trolling, they've both wasted my time and insulted my intelligence by dint of making it seem unworthy of their serious consideration.

That is when I get angry. Though, obviously, I might have to stop caring at some point because this board is utterly rife with people who seem incapable of showing basic respect for others' opinions.

I suggest you take that latter route if that's the way you feel, because you seem to be the one that doesn't understand something. Just because you feel that people should respond in kind to you in whatever form doesn't mean you'll get it. You're like the equivalent to a scrub in a fighter tournament. A scrub feels that certain rules should be adhered to, you shouldn't spam the same attack over and over, you shouldn't use character A against character B. But guess what, that's not how it actually works in reality. People are out to win, and they will abuse every tactic in the book to do so. Likewise people will post however they feel like, regardless of how you think they should post. If you think they are trolling, than all you've done over the course of several posts, is feed the troll. You're very unlikely to correct anyone, especially because you do so in such an aggravated and frustrated manner half the time that comes off as offensive to most. Also, is your pride really so sensitive that if someone even deigns to say something against (or ignore) you (be it right or wrong) that it's suddenly an insult? Especially over the internet, on a forum, with people you will probably never meet in person and will never directly affect your life in any way? If so, I think you honestly need to get in check with yourself there.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 06:35 PM
I dunno, I see where Ceresa is coming from. I don't want to let my team down. Even if they're my friends, that just gives me more of a reason to work hard and protect them.

Of course, doing that all the time is just a bit much, you gotta have fun with the game, too.

It's about striking a balance, me thinks.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 07:30 PM
Can't we just get back to talking about the game?? ^^;

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 07:38 PM
Yes, we can.

What about those billboards playing the PSO2 announcement trailer? I wonder how much bandwidth those use... not a problem in JP, but I imagine it could be problematic stateside.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 2, 2011, 07:42 PM
Dunno.

I'm more interested in hearing confirmation that it's coming stateside, honestly.

I'm almost sure we'll get it, but I'm kinda hoping for a simultaneous release, because hopefully that means that we all get to play together, and that means that we'll be getting the same content.

Which means this game will make me it's slave for a very. long. time.

TierrenZX
Aug 2, 2011, 08:00 PM
I hope so too...it would be nice for once not to be treated like 2nd class citizens. I might be more inclined to stick around far longer than PSU which left a far worse taste in my mouth than PSOBB did.

ShinMaruku
Aug 2, 2011, 08:41 PM
All they need is a simultaneous release.
World wide release. That way nobody is left behind. Even better, develop content for both regions as it's made make translations. This old method of doing things must be discarded.

Zyrusticae
Aug 2, 2011, 09:30 PM
I do have to wonder sometimes...

What is different about, say, the way Square Enix does things that is so much more efficient than other game companies such that they can easily manage simultaneous updates across all their supported languages? Why is it that other MMO developers can't follow suit?

It'd be nice if Sega could somehow follow their example. You won't see me holding my breath for it, tho.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2011, 09:31 PM
I do have to wonder sometimes...

What is different about, say, the way Square Enix does things that is so much more efficient than other game companies such that they can easily manage simultaneous updates across all their supported languages? Why is it that other MMO developers can't follow suit?

It'd be nice if Sega could somehow follow their example. You won't see me holding my breath for it, tho.

I believe that's called "manpower" and "budget."

ShinMaruku
Aug 2, 2011, 09:54 PM
Sega sammy has the manpower and budget. It's more management than anything.
Look at bayonetta it was done in both languages but Sega loves silly sentimentalism

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2011, 09:56 PM
If they have the time to make a boob slider then they have the time to make content for all regions let alone translate.

Cinnamon Roll
Aug 2, 2011, 09:56 PM
Also, sometimes a simultaneous release isn't good, as bugs/glitches are present in all versions. *shrugs*

•Col•
Aug 2, 2011, 10:27 PM
Sega sammy has the manpower and budget. It's more management than anything.
Look at bayonetta it was done in both languages but Sega loves silly sentimentalism

Sega didn't develop Bayonetta.... *cough*

They published it...

EDIT: Not to mention.....

http://www.segabits.com/?p=15300

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 10:36 PM
That's what they get for relying on all of the digital download BS nobody cares about. :0

Outside of PS(barely) and Sonic...

There's nothing important about sega...

They killed off all their cool stuff...

The Last Baron
Aug 2, 2011, 11:25 PM
Wow, Muchaeru, You're Being Quite The Downer. SEGA Is A Great Company And Though They Have Made A Few Missteps In The Past Half-Decade Or So, They Will Always Remain An Innovative Company Capable Of Producing Great Games. PSO2 Is Gonna Rock.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 11:33 PM
Well you're being an upper, and it's not that cool. I would know, I did it before it was cool.

Sord
Aug 2, 2011, 11:44 PM
Well you're being an upper, and it's not that cool. I would know, I did it before it was cool.

When did positivity become cool? Shit, I'm boned.

Mike
Aug 2, 2011, 11:46 PM
Not just hipster glasses, I see.

If they have the time to make a boob slider then they have the time to make content for all regions let alone translate.
You don't really know how much time goes in to translation.

NoiseHERO
Aug 2, 2011, 11:46 PM
When did positivity become cool? Shit, I'm boned.

Didn't last long, was right around the time Michael Cera's career died.

At the cost of sounding like a real hipster... I used to say "before it was cool" a lot you know... before it was coo- before hipsters started spamming it.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 12:44 AM
When did his career die?

ShinMaruku
Aug 3, 2011, 01:39 AM
Sega didn't develop Bayonetta.... *cough*

They published it...

EDIT: Not to mention.....

http://www.segabits.com/?p=15300

Given publishing they know how to fund such an endeavor the principle still stands.
As for the glitches a well done beta test and a good support team after should sqaush bugs as they come up. These things are known to pop up.

yoshiblue
Aug 3, 2011, 01:46 AM
You don't really know how much time goes in to translation.

Yeah I know it takes awhile for translation but for some reason, to me, I can see them spending more time messing with a boob slider. But hey, I could be wrong.

ShinMaruku
Aug 3, 2011, 01:51 AM
Both take their own time coding can be time consuming. Both have their charm. That said if they have time for that they could also have time and ambition to do such a thing.

yoshiblue
Aug 3, 2011, 01:54 AM
Lol

Alright alright. I yield. It may have been wrong for me to say but it was something I had to say.

•Col•
Aug 3, 2011, 02:12 AM
Given publishing they know how to fund such an endeavor the principle still stands.

The principle doesn't stand at all.

He gave Bayonetta as a credit to Sega's "manpower". But it wasn't their manpower. They hired an outside company to develop it, lol.

ShinMaruku
Aug 3, 2011, 02:24 AM
They paid an outside company. In man 'in-house games' they also hire outside companies. It's a simple matter of managment and money. Less so man power.

Blueblur
Aug 3, 2011, 06:15 AM
Technically, Sega did nothing for Bayonetta than publish it. It was created by Platinum Games, developed by them and Sega came around and published it for them just like they did with MadWorld for the Wii. Sega had little to zero creative input on that title.

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2011, 06:24 AM
When did his career die?

It was an obsure time, you've probably never heard of it.

DoubleCannon
Aug 3, 2011, 06:14 PM
Due to the wide range of enemy levels you will encounter, expect drastic changes between difficulty levels.

now this got me very excited! so basically during runs all monsters wont be the same level! THATS WHAT I WANTED TO BEGIN WITH! haha thanks!

Btw I am building a new gaming computer just so i can play this lmao, my old computer is a 2003 model and is way out of date! barely handled PSU.. PSO is the best of the best and always will be! This game is going to control my life.. hope the wife is okay with that lmao

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 06:18 PM
It was an obsure time, you've probably never heard of it.

LOL I thought he was bound to stay after Scott Pilgrim's success.

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 07:57 PM
Due to the wide range of enemy levels you will encounter, expect drastic changes between difficulty levels.

now this got me very excited! so basically during runs all monsters wont be the same level! THATS WHAT I WANTED TO BEGIN WITH! haha thanks!

Btw I am building a new gaming computer just so i can play this lmao, my old computer is a 2003 model and is way out of date! barely handled PSU.. PSO is the best of the best and always will be! This game is going to control my life.. hope the wife is okay with that lmao

I'm in the exact same boat. '03 parts, will definitely need an upgrade when the time comes. Still, I somehow managed to get Oblivion, of all things, to run on it. Shimmering Aisles butt raped it though. When the intro room turns into butterflies that scatter my computer huddled into a corner and started screaming bloody murder until it was coughing up blood.

Rei-San
Aug 3, 2011, 08:34 PM
These unit things are kinda cool, But I really wanted to see clothing like in PSU. :(

Also kinda disappointed that only 3 races are in the game. But thankfully they said that adding new races isn't impossible. I really hope that beasts and Dewmans come back.

And its just me, but I hope that Beasts can either look mostly human or completely animal like.

Blueblur
Aug 3, 2011, 08:41 PM
If they add races, I hope they make them unique. Beasts weren't really and Dumans less so.

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2011, 08:50 PM
LOL I thought he was bound to stay after Scott Pilgrim's success.

He sucked in that movie, he just played michael cera, and half the actors only barely resembled their comic book counterparts outside of the lines...

The movie was just fun because of the special effects and Bryan Lee O'Malley's sense of humour...

And I guess people like Beck. Though I'll assume Michael Cera's name/whatever his weird fanbase may be probably dragged in a lot of people too.

Blueblur
Aug 3, 2011, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately, the only character Michael Cera knows how to play is George Michael Bluth. :P

Malachite
Aug 4, 2011, 04:58 AM
These unit things are kinda cool, But I really wanted to see clothing like in PSU. :(
You gtfo and you gtfo RIGHT NOW.
<3

Lol you have to be the only person I've see say anything like that.

cheapgunner
Aug 4, 2011, 06:35 AM
I'm wondering if grenades will be in this game but they might not. Them, claws and twin claws are my fav in psu.

Jinketsu
Aug 4, 2011, 07:09 AM
I'm looking forward to the possibility of Twin Sabers like Yamato or Musashi. I don't remember PSU having anything like that.

str898mustang
Aug 4, 2011, 07:30 AM
I'm looking forward to the possibility of Twin Sabers like Yamato or Musashi. I don't remember PSU having anything like that.

PSU had a ton of twin sabers, just not Yamato or Musashi.

voxie
Aug 4, 2011, 08:01 AM
I'm wondering if grenades will be in this game but they might not. Them, claws and twin claws are my fav in psu.

Yes, they should merge grenades with CAST traps!

Fayorei
Aug 4, 2011, 09:50 AM

What that guy above me said! But they did have twins.:D

I second this motion though. I'd love to see a majority of PSO's droplist come back in addition to the new items, so you could get Yamato and Musashi still.

Rizen
Aug 4, 2011, 10:08 AM
Considering the amount of PSO drops that came back in PSU, I wouldn't be surprised to see alot more come back for PSO2.

Personally, I am curious about Rangers and the possibility of Charge Shot II abilities like in PSPoi2. Call me vain, but I would love to see some flash while using guns. As much as I love TPS and FPS, it would seem kinda dull to watch all the hunters have all the fun jumping and dashing around the area hacking down enemies while you just stand still and occasionally strife.

Also, I wonder if they are going to use force mechanics from PSPoi2 as well.

Jinketsu
Aug 4, 2011, 10:19 AM
Shows how much I played PSU. Haha. I didn't mean Yamato or Musashi specifically, just twin sabers in general. They were my favorite melee weapon in PSO.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 12:14 PM
Speaking of Musashi, I did like that Greatsword from him, but everytime you swing the thing, you hear "RAAAAGH". It gets annoying, and it gets annoying fast.

RenzokukenZ
Aug 4, 2011, 12:34 PM
Speaking of Musashi, I did like that Greatsword from him, but everytime you swing the thing, you hear "RAAAAGH". It gets annoying, and it gets annoying fast.

I think you meant Magashi. And while the sound of each swing did get annoying, the Incap was worth it, especially with Infinity's sword speed boost.

As for Forces, I think it's already been stated that they'll also use the TPS mechanics.

WiZ1988
Aug 4, 2011, 01:18 PM
I really hope pso2 has some pso and psu weapons in it. Rutslarod and lavis weapons, I see double cannon and psycho wand being in the game. Might be wrong, I say that those 2 because they have been in a lot of the games. I bet we see spread needle as well.

Typing this on phone so might be mistakes.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 4, 2011, 01:19 PM
I really hope pso2 has some pso and psu weapons in it. Rutslarod and lavis weapons, I see double cannon and psycho wand being in the game. Might be wrong, I say that those 2 have been in a lot of the games. I bet we see spread needle as well.

I demand a spiritual successor to the LASER PANNON!

RemiusTA
Aug 4, 2011, 01:49 PM
PSU's joke weapons just....didn't feel the same.

I haven no clue why, but little weapons that should have been neat (real hand gun, pannon cannon, ect) were just boring.

My old theory is that their crappy unlocking mechanics made the rares on PSU boring. Well, aside from no rare being unique, anyway.

They release like 3 rares at a time, the community ravages the mission it drops in, everyone gets it, gets bored with it for another 2 months, and then they release another 3 rares, community ravages the mission, ect ect rinse repeat.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 4, 2011, 01:54 PM
yeah, I kinda felt the same way, but then I got the Laser Pannon.

It was just....so epic.

I use it everytime I switch to Fortegunner.

BioWarrior
Aug 4, 2011, 01:56 PM
I think you meant Magashi. And while the sound of each swing did get annoying, the Incap was worth it, especially with Infinity's sword speed boost.

As for Forces, I think it's already been stated that they'll also use the TPS mechanics.

In some of the recent footage you can see a force using TPS controls to shoot foie.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 01:59 PM

lol i didnt notice he wrote musashi and not magashi. By the way, what's incap?

Ark22
Aug 4, 2011, 02:01 PM
Incapacitate - means to kill, one shot, Incapacitated- die. etc

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 02:08 PM
Oh, that special ability? That's why I kept it over my slightly stronger greatsword.

Ark22
Aug 4, 2011, 02:10 PM
Haha, well my hours are done at work and my boss is kicking me out xD (jokingly). But yeah Incap is a good S.A. But I rather have Freeze :P

Malachite
Aug 4, 2011, 02:20 PM
Incapacitate - means to kill, one shot, Incapacitated- die. etc
Incapacitate doesn't mean kill... lol

AfroGuy!
Aug 4, 2011, 02:23 PM
In-game it means kill in one hit

Malachite
Aug 4, 2011, 02:43 PM
Ah. I thought he was talking about the actual definition of the word lol.