Mike
Jul 29, 2011, 04:29 AM
From the most recent email:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22085

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22086

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22087

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22088

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22089

So these things you see here attached to characters are something like PSU's visual units. Since costumes are more or less one piece items, you can equip units to make appearance more unique. These units also work like regular units, increasing resistances, attack power and such. Similarly, there are low rank and high rank units. Low rank units have no graphics.

You'll notice that there are no pictures of mags. However, in the mail magazine, mags were confirmed to exist.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there are three points to equip units: arms, legs, back.

Malachite
Jul 29, 2011, 04:35 AM
I think that's flippin' awesome! Diggin' the last one.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 04:39 AM
woah. Very very very damn cool!

Hotobu
Jul 29, 2011, 04:41 AM
You'll notice that there are no pictures of mags. However, in the mail magazine, mags were confirmed to exist.

Well it'd be really nice if the title of this were changed. I'm sure I wont be the only one slowly dissecting the pics looking for them, wondering if they looked completely different, thinking WTF? and then scrolling to the bottom to see that they aren't there.

As for the units, so far I can't hate on them. They look decent. It'd also be nice if you had some custom options, but they should still have a set look. I'm a fan of the unit looking the way it's supposed to look. If you want your character to look purty then you'll have to sacrifice some stats.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 29, 2011, 04:45 AM
Its interesting how these units hover over the character's shoulders and shins, similar to some of the early concepts of mags in PSO.

Although that leaves the question; where will the mags go?

EDIT: At least the RAcaseal doesn't look like a robo-maid anymore :grin:

Mike
Jul 29, 2011, 04:47 AM
Well it'd be really nice if the title of this were changed. I'm sure I wont be the only one slowly dissecting the pics looking for them, wondering if they looked completely different, thinking WTF? and then scrolling to the bottom to see that they aren't there.
I suppose so. I was thinking that to most people confirmation of there existance would be enough.

PhotonDrop
Jul 29, 2011, 04:49 AM
How much would you guys want to bed there will be a set of units that look like seraphic wings?

EDIT: That RAcaseal looks mad for some reason. :wacko:

ShadowDragon28
Just speculation, but I think MAGs may be "Units" that equip to a characters back... I could live with that, as long as I get some awesome looking floating Wing-Fins that float behind my back and will match the color of my Humar. I'll be good to go. Even *if* they are not the evolvable kind of of Mag.

Niloklives
I suppose so. I was thinking that to most people confirmation of there existance would be enough.

We already got confirmation though. So this post doesn't really give us any new info on mags. I agree the thread needs to be renamed.

Mike
Jul 29, 2011, 04:52 AM
We already got confirmation though. So this post doesn't really give us any new info on mags. I agree the thread needs to be renamed.
When was that, in the Famitsu stuff? I haven't gotten around to looking through that yet.

Just speculation, but I think MAGs may be "Units" that equip to a characters back...
Nope, mags and units are two seperate things.

Niloklives
Jul 29, 2011, 04:53 AM
yes in the massive famitsu update

Mags
* Mags exist in PSO2 as living, evolved protectors.
* Details on them are scarce at the moment.
* Unfortunately, they will not appear in the alpha test.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 04:55 AM
I know that Mags and Units are seperate things.

I was speculating, that maybe if a player equips a Mag that it *might* use up the "back" slot where a back unit would usually go. it would look odd to have both a back unit and and mag in the same spot on a character.

Niloklives
Jul 29, 2011, 04:59 AM
I know that Mags and Units are seperate things.

I was speculating, that maybe if a player equips a Mag that it *might* use up the "back" slot where a back unit would usually go. it would look odd to have both a back unit and and mag in the same spot on a character.

you're assuming mags are treated as the mags from PSO. We have no idea what form they'll take, so it's hard to try to go down that road at this point. seeing as mags and units have a clear distinction and there are clearly separate back units however, I'm inclined to believe mags will have their own thing.

Hotobu
Jul 29, 2011, 05:05 AM
How much would you guys want to bed there will be a set of units that look like seraphic wings?

UGH I hope not (except It's almost certain there will be). An overwhelming amount of people love to run around in anything that looks like wings. Homogeneity in such a manner is highly annoying to me.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 05:31 AM
Jeez, I was just **speculating**, not trying to assume anything, and neither was I stating facts.
ffs No need to jump on me. wth... :/

Demon-
Jul 29, 2011, 06:14 AM
These units look pretty cool especially the one on the HUney. Oh finally a closer look at a RAcaseal, very nice. Looks like that thing on that RAcasts back was a unit. Now if only they'd show some HUcaseals already.

Kierto
Jul 29, 2011, 06:34 AM
Bit of a long shot, but this 'equip to legs, arms, torso' thing reminds me a bit of some never fully realised PSO concept stuff we got to see in the old Book of Hunters. The extra floaty visual costume bits (or maybe it was just early MAG pieces) of those designs seem familiar.

http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=650

Blueblur
Jul 29, 2011, 06:36 AM
I'm really loving the look of the Units. Can't wait until Monday's site update!

Dragwind
Jul 29, 2011, 07:10 AM
I absolutely love this. Visual armor customization through a unit which has a stat boosting use pleases me.

I agree that this stuff looks a lot like the original PSO concept art.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 07:25 AM
*Cocks head to the side* That RAcaseal.......I....I think I'm in love.......*blink*blink*......*Ahem*

Oh, Units? Yeah, they look pretty nice, the drape is kinda neat, was wondering what that was, wonder what stat it increases?

BlackCosmic
Jul 29, 2011, 07:30 AM
I'm loving this, cant wait to see what mags look like.

"En"
Jul 29, 2011, 07:33 AM
A thought occurred.

I'll assume you all remember the first gameplay footage video that surfaced? In the opening, there was artwork depicting some Arks fighting against a horde of the insects shown in the following gameplay video. One of those characters appeared to have a cape, and at the time, I could only speculate on what class it might have been. With this latest reveal, comes a revelation: is it possible that capes could exist as back-mounted units?

Or am I just crazy?

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 07:35 AM
A thought occurred.

I'll assume you all remember the first gameplay footage video that surfaced? In the opening, there was artwork depicting some Arks fighting against a horde of the insects shown in the following gameplay video. One of those characters appeared to have a cape, and at the time, I could only speculate on what class it might have been. With this latest reveal, comes a revelation: is it possible that capes could exist as back-mounted units?

Or am I just crazy?

That would be cool if it was a cape. Capes are awesome and they sometimes give a look of heroism or mystery.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 07:36 AM
A thought occurred.

Or am I just crazy?

That could be a very distict possibility.....OMG, CAPE PHYSICS!

Oh, and you could be right and crazy. "Why can't I have both" Right?

"En"
Jul 29, 2011, 07:38 AM
Oh, and you could be right and crazy. "Why can't I have both" Right?

Well said.

Tetsaru
Jul 29, 2011, 08:25 AM
This is cool and everything, but I hope this doesn't mean that the only way we'll be able to change our characters' appearance is through units, because that'd be pretty lame. They'd better keep the clothing and parts section in your inventory, so in case new outfits or customizations come out after you make your character, you won't be like, "Wow, that looks cool... too bad I can't change my appearance," or "Damn, guess I'll have to shell out another 10,000 meseta to change everything," or "Guess I'm making a new character from scratch even though I maxed out all my jobs," etc.

Also, I could see some of these units possibly looking very strange with certain outfits...

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 08:28 AM
I'm loving this, cant wait to see what mags look like.

From all indications, mags will match the color scheme you choose for your character in the same way the units do. If you look at all of the visual units shown today, they all are the same color as the character's outfit. I like this a lot. Rati's were the only mag that ever matched my HUcast's look in PSO.

RenzokukenZ
Jul 29, 2011, 08:59 AM
This is cool and everything, but I hope this doesn't mean that the only way we'll be able to change our characters' appearance is through units, because that'd be pretty lame. They'd better keep the clothing and parts section in your inventory, so in case new outfits or customizations come out after you make your character, you won't be like, "Wow, that looks cool... too bad I can't change my appearance," or "Damn, guess I'll have to shell out another 10,000 meseta to change everything," or "Guess I'm making a new character from scratch even though I maxed out all my jobs," etc.

Also, I could see some of these units possibly looking very strange with certain outfits...

Seeing as there are clothing shops, we shouldn't have to worry about this.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 29, 2011, 09:30 AM
Having units to customize appearance is definitely a good thing in my books. More stuff is always good to have. However, this does bring up a concern to me. I've already seen a few people already wondering what happens when you've got to choose between a unit that looks good, versus a unit that gives a major boost to stats. I've got one more to add to spin the thing around a bit. What happens when they give you a unit that gives a major stat boost...

...but looks ugly as hell? orz

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 09:34 AM
Having units to customize appearance is definitely a good thing in my books. More stuff is always good to have. However, this does bring up a concern to me. I've already seen a few people already wondering what happens when you've got to choose between a unit that looks good, versus a unit that gives a major boost to stats. I've got one more to add to spin the thing around a bit. What happens when they give you a unit that gives a major stat boost...

Id use it because I prefer better stats then looking good.

"En"
Jul 29, 2011, 09:36 AM
What happens when they give you a unit that gives a major stat boost...

They've done that before. We called them Tellusis and Excalibur.

I'll admit, I, too, have been torn between aestetics and functionality in the past. At the end of it all, I try to balance performance versus capability. For example, if the best looking weapon/unit is the worst, and the next best looking alternative is only second best statistically, I'll most likely go with what's second best. However, if there is a rather sizeable gap in the stats added between second best and the (now indesputable) best, I'll most likely cut my losses, and work around the appearance of the most beneficial choice. In areas where every little stat doesn't matter, I can bring the good looking ones back into the equation.

I really enjoyed Extend Codes in PSP2. It allowed me to beef up some of my favourite weapons (hint: Chainsword has been one of my favourite weapons since my earliest PSO days) to perform alongside the other high-end ones.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 29, 2011, 09:40 AM
The units look really weird but quite cool as well. Yet another thing to look forward too.

Jade DaBain
Jul 29, 2011, 09:45 AM
Thinking about it, units remind me of an old 80s cartoon called Centurions. In the show, the good guys wore this full body suit that stuff like rocket packs can connect to. If I can find a pic, Ill post it so everyone can see.

EDIT: Here we go! Most of the pics are of the toys.

http://www.andysaedah.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/centurion1.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QKvShm7j1pE/TKSe2kx1ugI/AAAAAAAAD7I/PUGLT1Cfv-s/s1600/the_centurions.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vY8I5HvOvk8/SVqwBkng9xI/AAAAAAAAA2o/N2154D-8qEE/s400/centurions.jpg
http://www.ilovethe80s.com/centurion.jpg

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2011, 10:32 AM
Hopefully some of the units are a bit more...stylish than just those boring gray/silver colors. Besides that, I think it's a cool concept.

Pillan
Jul 29, 2011, 10:40 AM
Speaking of the colors, it looks like the units conform to the outfit color. Notice that the FOmarl and RAcaseal have the same arm unit, but the color changes slightly to match their respective outfits.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 11:13 AM
Speaking of the colors, it looks like the units conform to the outfit color. Notice that the FOmarl and RAcaseal have the same arm unit, but the color changes slightly to match their respective outfits.

.....and Sega has made my day. Yet again. Keep it up.

...and yes, that's an order. XD

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 11:22 AM
I knew that back winged blade shaped thing was a unit.

It was in the same picture from a few weeks ago.

As for the units matching colors, I wouldn't jump the gun just yet, seeing as how unless they changed it. It's more likely they just picked units that fit the characters. I say this because of the ugly mis-matching color scheme of the CAST from said Rockbear screenshot.

Revy
Jul 29, 2011, 11:43 AM
Devil Tail Unit Where?! iffin' not there best be a mag devil tail again :D

Demon-
Jul 29, 2011, 11:55 AM
I didn't even notice the RAcaseal and FOmarl had the same arm units at first. That's awesome if they do match the colors of your outfit.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 12:02 PM

Yes, that was mentioned a few pages back. I hope they choose to let you have your mag match as well. :crossed fingers:

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 12:07 PM
Yes, that was mentioned a few pages back. I hope they choose to let you have your mag match as well. :crossed fingers:

That seems a natural step, if they did indeed have it so that slot items match (Which I'm still iffy on, at this time.)

Pillan
Jul 29, 2011, 12:11 PM
Honestly, I would be more disturbed if Mags did not match. They have been matching Mags with characters since the original...

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 12:11 PM
Your precious mags are just going to be PMs that boost stats. :0

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2011, 12:13 PM
I just hope that Mags have customizable colors. My biggest dislike of Mags, by far, stemmed from the fact that they didn't match your character unless you planned it out that way. If I'm wearing a white/cyan outfit, I want my Mag to automatically match that. That way, my character looks cleaner, instead of a white/cyan outfit, and a purple/orange Mag or something like that.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 12:13 PM
Your precious mags are just going to be PMs that boost stats. :0

Don't say that. We don't know what to expect from Mags yet. They could be PSO mags, they could be the reincarnation of PM's.....they could be both, neither, somewhere inbetween - we just don't know.

EDIT: if nothing else, let us customize our mags / slot items, that way, everyone is happy.

@EDIT 2: Why didn't I think of this before!? JUST LET US CUSTOMIZE THE COLORS OURSELF!

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 12:15 PM
Honestly, I would be more disturbed if Mags did not match. They have been matching Mags with characters since the original...

Before they evolved maybe...

•Col•
Jul 29, 2011, 12:15 PM
You're probably going to get to choose the color of them. Which is cool.

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 12:16 PM
PMs and MAGs were mostly the same thing to me besides the stat thing. You feed em and they grow a certain way, and they follow you around :0

MAGS are "living things" now, I'm not surprised if it walks on legs instead of floats

I mean if mixing both concepts together and taking away their ability to float freaks people out that much... I'd have to laugh pretty hard.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 12:25 PM
PMs and MAGs were mostly the same thing to me besides the stat thing. You feed em and they grow a certain way, and they follow you around :0

MAGS are "living things" now, I'm not surprised if it walks on legs instead of floats

I mean if mixing both concepts together and taking away their ability to float freaks people out that much... I'd have to laugh pretty hard.

Mags were better than space butlers & robot maids imho......especially when they used weapons rediculously bigger than themselves. I'd rather have my Rati's than some foolish looking meatshields!

Revy
Jul 29, 2011, 12:29 PM
MAGS is PSO were best as stat stacking, in PSU they were just helper bots that didn't help that much. Stat stacking got a bit out of control in PSO though with the "pure" stat mags. Like my 100% attack Dreamcast mag, oh I think i just drooled a little. I miss that thing. But anyways, I'm looking forward to see if we just get cool looking buff bots again or if mags will actually have a stat booster build again.

As for floating or walking, floating is always cooler!

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
I just wanted a medabot, or a NON-LOLI/SHOTA little kid sidekick. :\

My main assumption would be that there could be a LOT of differentl looking mags, probably with their same PSO functions.

But don't be surprised if some of em can walk or help you fight.

WiZ1988
Jul 29, 2011, 12:39 PM
Well yesterday I wasn't very happy about the units, but I guess their alright. Pretty sweet actually. I am curious so see what role mags will play. I am hoping for the PSO mags personally. Either way works out for me. Can't wait for this, I want it right now. I hate the waiting game.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 12:45 PM
@Wiz: I think that the units have grown on me too and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they had both PSO mags & PM type "mags" in PSO2 just for fanservice. I guess that would be alright by me b/c only the party leader would be able to bring his/her PM.
I just AGAIN think hovering mags look cooler & function better than walking PM's.

Aumi
Jul 29, 2011, 01:13 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22086

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=22087

Finally some decent images of a RAcaseal. Love the design! The units are awesome, but I do hope that we will not only get one-piece outfits...

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2011, 01:14 PM
Finally some decent images of a RAcaseal. Love the design! The units are awesome, but I do hope that we will not only get one-piece outfits...

I'm fairly certain they'll be in parts. It's just that the outfit is designed to "connect" well as a set, me thinks.

EDIT: also digging the look, btw. Especially with those arm leg, and back units. (I think they're units, anyway.)

MAXrobo
Jul 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
so far the units look fairly good, but i'm worried that the more smoother ones will look out of place on the blocky RAcast i'm going to make.

I hope we get the option to make the units invisible. that way if one I want looks really bad, I could still use it without having to look at it.

and choosing the color for them would be awesome.

Dracheseele
Jul 29, 2011, 02:07 PM
The only unit in these pictures that particularly irks me is the HUnewearl's. It looks like thats the reason for SPIIIIINE problems. So huge.

I second a Unit visual toggle.

RemiusTA
Jul 29, 2011, 02:07 PM
Bit of a long shot, but this 'equip to legs, arms, torso' thing reminds me a bit of some never fully realised PSO concept stuff we got to see in the old Book of Hunters. The extra floaty visual costume bits (or maybe it was just early MAG pieces) of those designs seem familiar.

These are almost exactly what this looks like, nice find dude.

Im surprised i never saw these before, i never knew PSOW put them up.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/../gallery/data/650/923.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/../gallery/data/650/1123.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Looks like they're gonna bring the idea back and actually execute it this time. Makes sense. BTW, does anyone notice how interestingly PSU those outfits look? Before they went with a more serious wardrobe change for the characters anyway.

The old Hunewearl designs i actually like much better than the one they used.

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/data/650/medium/207.jpg

There was always something about Rico that struck me interesting.
[/spoiler-box]

chibiLegolas
Jul 29, 2011, 02:33 PM

Yea. The exact same thought when I first saw these. Pretty cool that 10 years later, and sega's able to put in stuff they left out the 1st time around.

I'm not too happy to worry about stats benefits vs. how I look. Unless the visual units are ultra rare (compared to common rares). But we'll have to see how it goes once played out.

I'm just worried about how BUSY my character would look. Visual units + mag (?) + weapons.

Seth Astra
Jul 29, 2011, 02:45 PM
Those are way better looking than I expected. I was expecting something like PSU's visual unit, I'm much happier with this.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 29, 2011, 03:03 PM
Looking pretty cool! still keeping my fingers crossed hoping that it will come to the states and eroupe.

relentless
Jul 29, 2011, 03:25 PM
Awesome. I'm also hoping for an option that allows you to disable the visual appearance of your unit when you don't like its look for example. Like uh, in the settings. I wouldn't mind if not though.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 05:31 PM
*see sig*

I really like the visual design of these units. They do seem very inspired by some of the conceptual mags/units floating around their legs and shoulders in the rough sketch character concept art that's in the PSO art book "Book of Hunters". As shown here: http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4168

WiZ1988
Jul 29, 2011, 06:32 PM
I hope they atleast bring back some of the units from PSO such as Heavenly/Power and Centuron/Ability, LIMITER too. I would love to see those come back and be some nice units.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 07:07 PM
I hope that some of these Units will be God/Battle or Devil/Battle, and God/Power. I *love* units that boost attack power and physical attack speed, hopefully there will be units that do that.

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 07:08 PM
I hope theres not too many wing shaped units...

How many different kinds of wings does an online games need...? e_e

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 07:22 PM
IMO, at least 4-5 wing/wing-fin type units or Mags. I would joygasm if there was somthing like the wings that Gundam DeathSythe Hell Custom has.

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/images/7/74/Gundam_Deathscythe_Hell_CustomW0.jpg

I love large bat/dragon wings and mecha version of them.

r00tabaga
Jul 29, 2011, 07:53 PM
IMO, at least 4-5 wing/wing-fin type units or Mags. I would joygasm if there was somthing like the wings that Gundam DeathSythe Hell Custom has.

Yeah that's pretty cool actually.

Niloklives
Jul 29, 2011, 07:55 PM
I always preferred hell over hell custom in terms of the wing design

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 08:04 PM
A unit or mag (*if* Mags are still equipable) that looks similar to this *would be* very cool too:

http://imageshack.us/f/337/hi4cb1.jpg/

PhotonDrop
Jul 29, 2011, 08:11 PM
I wonder if there will be a leg slot that allows fleshys to hover around like casts.

Revy
Jul 29, 2011, 08:26 PM
I can't wait to see some high-end armor slots with some spiffy design ideas. Right now all I can think is armor slots that make you look like a butterfly with a full set. Oooh or maybe a HUUUGE Hildebear style armor slots. Stuff made from monsters... ohh I can't wait!

AlexCraig
Jul 29, 2011, 08:28 PM
The units look like the concept mechinery pieces you see on the concept character art in the PSO Book of Hunters. That alone makes me like this. And if they serve purposes similar to in PSO, even better!

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 08:45 PM
I noticed that too AlexCraig. It is awesome.

I think a Devil/Battle Unit.. would look awesome as large, stylized black bat wings... just sayin'

voxie
Jul 29, 2011, 09:46 PM
Wow, I am loving the second pic more than the last one...

So we're getting cool classes, cool costumes, units AND mags?

omgomgomg

Sinue_v2
Jul 29, 2011, 11:54 PM
While visual model additions for units are a nice touch, I hope they don't get too elaborate with them. Some of the ones showcased so far are rather prominent, and if Mags are also equipable similar to how they were on PSO... then it could end up making your character design look rather... crowded.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2011, 12:00 AM
While visual model additions for units are a nice touch, I hope they don't get too elaborate with them. Some of the ones showcased so far are rather prominent, and if Mags are also equipable similar to how they were on PSO... then it could end up making your character design look rather... crowded.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Was definitely talking to my friend about this...

I don't wanna make a character...

Then he or she looks like something else because they bulky parts crowding and hovering around them like a customrobo...

Hopefully there's a unit hiding option. Though it also said somewhere that only the rare units have "graphics" hoping that generally means not everything will glue an unnecessary chunk of metal to you.

voxie
Jul 30, 2011, 12:06 AM

Or, they could give us the option to switch visuals off and on.

Like, have units equipped, but have a setting somewhere that'll make them invisible. Like cloaks and hats in WoW....

ThEoRy
Jul 30, 2011, 12:33 AM
So this means we get 5 slots this time right?

Sinue_v2
Jul 30, 2011, 12:35 AM
Or, they could give us the option to switch visuals off and on.

Like, have units equipped, but have a setting somewhere that'll make them invisible. Like cloaks and hats in WoW....

I would only hope that such an option is "universal", in that... if I turn off the option on my character, you won't see the units on your screen either (or vice versa). A big part of tweaking your character to look cool is showing them off to others, and if visual changes only apply to my screen - it destroys that component.

Perhaps have a sub-menu when you go to equip a unit that allows you to turn the graphics display for them on or off individually... allowing the units you want to be displayed to be on, while hiding those that clash with your fashion choices. This will help add an additional bit of character customization options without being an across the board on/off only solution.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2011, 12:37 AM
Whoa no'h I didn't just say that at all!

@ Theory, It's arms, back and legs and mag will probably go somewhere... so that 3 and maybe 4

Jade DaBain
Jul 30, 2011, 03:32 AM
These are almost exactly what this looks like, nice find dude.

Im surprised i never saw these before, i never knew PSOW put them up.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/../gallery/data/650/923.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/../gallery/data/650/1123.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Looks like they're gonna bring the idea back and actually execute it this time. Makes sense. BTW, does anyone notice how interestingly PSU those outfits look? Before they went with a more serious wardrobe change for the characters anyway.

The old Hunewearl designs i actually like much better than the one they used.

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/data/650/medium/207.jpg

There was always something about Rico that struck me interesting.
[/spoiler-box]

That HUnewearl drawing's outfit is awesome! Shame we didnt have that in PSO back in the day.

RemiusTA
Jul 30, 2011, 08:17 AM
something tells me...they're going to make MAGS some kind of "pet" or something.

I'd much rather them fit on the character like in PSO, that way they can feel like they're part of you again.

Or, they could go a step farther, and make them kind of "mold" to your body depending on which stat you're raising. (arms for Pow, back for MST, torso for DEF, forearms arms for ATA, ect)

That'd be neat.

Jade DaBain
Jul 30, 2011, 08:43 AM
something tells me...they're going to make MAGS some kind of "pet" or something.

I'd much rather them fit on the character like in PSO, that way they can feel like they're part of you again.

Or, they could go a step farther, and make them kind of "mold" to your body depending on which stat you're raising. (arms for Pow, back for MST, torso for DEF, forearms arms for ATA, ect)

That'd be neat.

Wear A Mag? LOL?

RemiusTA
Jul 30, 2011, 08:46 AM
Technically you always were "wearing" your mag.

I highly doubt we're getting the old style of mag. So im just preparing.

Jade DaBain
Jul 30, 2011, 08:55 AM
Technically you always were "wearing" your mag.

I highly doubt we're getting the old style of mag. So im just preparing.

I always thought the Mags floated over your shoulder or in some cases, behind you.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2011, 11:18 AM
I always thought the Mags floated over your shoulder or in some cases, behind you.

It was still equipped on your character, therefor they were "wearing" it.

ThEoRy
Jul 31, 2011, 02:12 AM
Whoa no'h I didn't just say that at all!

@ Theory, It's arms, back and legs and mag will probably go somewhere... so that 3 and maybe 4

Has that been confirmed? 3 would be a step backwards no? Maybe they mean arms as in plural legs plural back for 5 total? Would be nice.

Kent
Jul 31, 2011, 06:32 AM
Has that been confirmed? 3 would be a step backwards no? Maybe they mean arms as in plural legs plural back for 5 total? Would be nice.
It's not necessarily a step back, just because there's fewer in number. One could look at it as a step forward, if the units that go into these slots provide more interesting choices than simply straight single-stat boosts. Considering that purpose of units in the first place has been to customize your character's abilities a bit more, if the customizations given are much more interesting, giving benefits and penalties that vary within a given "theme" (such as the slot type), then this could really end up being a massive step forward, for people wanting to tweak their character to a specific gameplay style.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 08:30 AM

A unit or mag (*if* Mags are still equipable) that looks similar to this *would be* very cool too:

http://imageshack.us/f/337/hi4cb1.jpg/

I love how you are taking all of your inspiration from Gundam.

You, my friend, are awesome.

Angelo
Jul 31, 2011, 08:36 AM
I absolutely love the concept art for the original PSO.

If the inclusion of units is any indication that they are moving closer to what was seen in those concept designs in terms of costumes I will be very, very pleased.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2011, 08:45 AM
I think they look pretty horrible, those were definitely some experimental concept sketches probably randomly ripped out from some dudes unprepared sketchbook. Of course even I have my bad days (90% of the time)

Sad some things got taken out or were used for something else though. Looks like they had more a of 90's fantasy thing going on before they storm trooper blade runner'd the fuck out of the game.

Maybe blade runner is an inaccurate and extremely overused example to glorify PSO's style though. But I don't feel like going through my memory banks to find a better example, because I'm sleepy right now.

edit: fasdfasdftypos

BIG OLAF
Jul 31, 2011, 11:11 AM
This is kind of an irrelevant point, but I just noticed that the HUmar is wearing a leg unit, as well. Little teardrop-shaped discs.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2011, 04:45 PM
This is kind of an irrelevant point, but I just noticed that the HUmar is wearing a leg unit, as well. Little teardrop-shaped discs.

reminds me of the wheels that let one of Inuyasha's enemies fly.

....what? What??

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 04:47 PM
You just noticed that? Haha it was the first thing I saw, and it immediately reminded me of those PSO concept arts.