PDA

View Full Version : Subclass Discussion thread

•Col•
Jul 29, 2011, 04:15 PM
There are subclasses in PSO2.

That is all.

EDIT: Since someone decided to change the title(lol), might as well just make this a subclass discussion thread.

Tired of posting in a fast thread about subclasses and everyone jumps on me about it, so here:

Also in the skill tree screenshot, the hunter class is selected in yellow, the ranger and force class are also level 01. Perhaps you can change classes on the fly. We also note there’s a Main Class, which is currently selected as Hunter, and a sub class.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-features/

So anyway, what types of subclasses do you want in PSO2? I can easily see there being mixtures of class roles (like Guntecher or Fighgunner), but other than that, can anyone think of any unique subclasses?

Sol_Vent
Jul 29, 2011, 05:09 PM
That's one thing I was wondering. Will we only be able to use Main Classes as Sub Classes, or will there be classes unique to sub?

I personally hope it's the latter, otherwise there won't be too much variety. I could see classes like Vanguard and Protranser becoming subclasses, increasing general proficiency with light or heavy weapons as well as traps.

Really though, I imagine these subclasses will end up being ways to further customize our stats and weapon use, which is good. As long as I switch between melee and techs I'll be a happy rappy.

RemiusTA
Jul 29, 2011, 05:10 PM
I think subclass is probably just one of the usual 3. Except used as a sub.

So im guessing Hunter+ Force allows you to cast techniques? Hunter + Ranger allows you to use certain guns?

NoiseHERO
Jul 29, 2011, 05:51 PM
Wait, were you arguing about subclasses being confirmed against r00ta WANTING subclasses in that other thread?

Please tell me you weren't.

Please tell me you guys don't argue about EVERYTHING.

Subclasses and combination classes don't HAVE to mean the same thing. o_o

ShadowDragon28
Jul 29, 2011, 05:57 PM
If there's a hunter-force hybrid class, that'd be cool.

Malachite
Jul 29, 2011, 06:13 PM
That's probably how the HUnewm is gonna play.

Fullmetal Muffinman
Jul 29, 2011, 06:13 PM
Now that i think about it,a hunter Force would be nice...

•Col•
Jul 29, 2011, 08:43 PM
Wait, were you arguing about subclasses being confirmed against r00ta WANTING subclasses in that other thread?

Please tell me you weren't.

Please tell me you guys don't argue about EVERYTHING.

Subclasses and combination classes don't HAVE to mean the same thing. o_o

Wat. No.

In three separate threads, people start speculating about something, and I go "Uh, guys, there are subclasses". Then everyone proceeds to jump on me saying that I'm lying or just don't have any proof or whatever. Then I would just link to my source and yeah. That'd be the end of that. I was just getting tired of it.

In r00ta's thread specifically, I said that since subclasses exist, combinations of classes are pretty much guaranteed. He chose to believe that I was spreading false information, so yeah.

But I've been wondering that too, Sol_Vent. Are the three subclasses going to just be the main classes? Hopefully they are specific subclasses to each class. Just as an example... For Forces, there could be a class meant for purely nuking... One for a melee-ish oriented Force (like a FOmar), a supportive force that gives boosts to healing techniques, another that is adept with Guns... Or even just a typical well-rounded Force.

Plus, if you can only choose a main class, that means you're stuck with only 2 options... Unless you could also choose the same class, like Hunter-Hunter..... Which just sounds stupid. ._.

Zipzo
Jul 29, 2011, 08:49 PM
This game needs to just come out with all the information already because every single thread on this forum is arguing or debating what will or won't be how something works in this game based on previous experience, or knowledge. It's all speculation entirely.

DoubleJG
Jul 29, 2011, 09:04 PM
I like the idea of subclasses quite a bit. However, only having class levels and not a character level is something I have yet to decide whether or not I like.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 29, 2011, 09:09 PM
Argueing is good for activity though XP and its fun at times. Im curious to see how the subclasses will work, but if they dont and it just turns out being a thing to change classes.... I see no reason to not be a techy humar or a melee fo B).

Crystal_Shard
Jul 29, 2011, 09:33 PM
Given that we already know that you can't share skills between the different classes (ie: No Force skills in my Hunter!), sub classes sound like a simple way to get around this little detail. Your primary class gets priority, but you are now able to choose skills from your sub class. There will likely be restrictions like still being limited to a fixed pool of skill points from only your main class, skills from the sub class being more expensive, etc, etc, but we'll have to see how they balance this detail out.

I wonder if weapons are class restricted again and this may be the method to gain access to weapons from different categories, or if we'll see a PSPo2/i system of extending your own proficiencies.