PDA

View Full Version : I have made up my mind/have a question

Kazzabe
Jul 29, 2011, 07:22 PM
I was originally going to choose to max out my character as a protranser but I have decided to go for acrofighter instead. (do you think this is wise? I like to play with partys but i also like attempting to solo. human btw)

So my question(S) is now that i have decided to use the acrofighter class

1) I want to know how i should GAS it.

-----

I'm sure my main weapons will most likely be twin sabers/ saber/ slicer/ twin handgun.

and yeah probably put in those rscm or whatever they are called lol

2) any other weapon i should consider using?

---

3) should I stay a protranser?(why? its fun but i think AF would be stronger/faster overall(am i right?))

any input, I will appreciate

Wardog
Jul 29, 2011, 07:35 PM
The route I took was to get all A rank stuff even slicers and the other Weps you can use S rank on (because of the A Grade enhancement). Get the enhanced weapon (A rank Weps do more dmg) and full custom power and as a human i dunno what you would prefer for your shield and extra style, but your base atk and ata definitely 5 but the way I solo is with 1 fist, 1 twin saber, 1 twin dagger, 1 twin claw, 1 single dagger, 1 slicer, and 2 cards, the cards because they are almost like shotguns, plus the PA Kyumeisei whatever has HP steal, I hit 1ks and steal like 100-150 HP with each shot, but that's how I play it, I never really liked RSCMs or single sabers but each wep I chose has it's purpose. If you'd like more detail I can PM you or just leave it here as well.

Kazzabe
Jul 29, 2011, 07:50 PM
"The route I took was to get all A rank stuff even slicers and the other Weps you can use S rank on (because of the A Grade enhancement). "

hmm what is the A Grade Enhancment, is it an option that makes A ranks stronger?
------

"Get the enhanced weapon (A rank Weps do more dmg) and full custom power"

full custom power, gotcha, i think
----

and as a human i dunno what you would prefer for your shield and extra style,
neither do i, i havent really looked into it. what would you recommend? i have nothing to lose if i die, and nothing to gain from being hit.

----

"but your base atk and ata definitely 5"

ok ^^;

----

"but the way I solo is with 1 fist, 1 twin saber, 1 twin dagger, 1 twin claw, 1 single dagger, 1 slicer, and 2 cards, the cards because they are almost like shotguns, plus the PA Kyumeisei whatever has HP steal, I hit 1ks and steal like 100-150 HP with each shot, but that's how I play it, "

I never knew cards were that good, okay i will try them out

-----

"I never really liked RSCMs or single sabers but each wep I chose has it's purpose."

I like playing with the single sabers and Ive been told to use ground element RSCMs for the stun effect. but I'll see what happens

---

"If you'd like more detail I can PM you or just leave it here as well."

I'll take all the advice i can get, its up to you if youd like to pm me or post here.

Wardog
Jul 29, 2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah A grade enhancement would be your weapon style and soloing if you use buffs, the one for making them last longer could help, and I use the photon barrier (decreases dmg taken from magic attacks). And yeah with the right element card I can do 1300-1400 vs the strong element (example: light vs dark or vice versa). And full custom power is where 10/10 Weps do more damage, 12AP for level 2, and also exact attack dmg+ so you do more dmg when you crit. And yeah they can stun and ice ones freeze too but single sabers you have rising strike which is mehh and gravity strike is fairly quick but idk and spinning strike is slow and only hits like 1 enemy? Maybe 2 with the last part but yeah and when you face enemies with melee defense you can't depend on your RCSM :P which is why I like the cards because you can also strafe around and dodge stuff (example: gaozoran foie x.x) but if you do get hit, if using hP steal PA, you get that health back on seconds lol

If you want I can speak over xbox live too
My GT is DTS WaRDawG
Hope to see another pro AF join the rest of us ;)

Kay Jay
Jul 30, 2011, 04:33 AM
The route I took was to get all A rank stuff even slicers and the other Weps you can use S rank on (because of the A Grade enhancement). Get the enhanced weapon (A rank Weps do more dmg) and full custom power and as a human i dunno what you would prefer for your shield and extra style, but your base atk and ata definitely 5 but the way I solo is with 1 fist, 1 twin saber, 1 twin dagger, 1 twin claw, 1 single dagger, 1 slicer, and 2 cards, the cards because they are almost like shotguns, plus the PA Kyumeisei whatever has HP steal, I hit 1ks and steal like 100-150 HP with each shot, but that's how I play it, I never really liked RSCMs or single sabers but each wep I chose has it's purpose. If you'd like more detail I can PM you or just leave it here as well.

There is so much wrong with what your saying i don't know were to start. Cards are ok but don't gases them. You should take knuckles to 50 for a start. You should choose elemental weapon as for shield you need quick actions

Wardog
Jul 30, 2011, 10:51 AM
Lol I never even mentioned gasing cards, besides you can go guntecher and get them to 40 where acrofighter is only 30. What I was saying was get the a grade enhancement so all your A rank weapons do more damage because elemental weapon does help but I didn't really see too much of a difference but I only had lvl 1 because lvl 2 wasn't out at the time. And I chose the photon barrier because of unsafe passage R and it helped enough to where I just didn't bother with shield style, which by the way I said that I as in me, myself, chose it, I never said he should choose it, so you really are putting words into my mouth.

Kay Jay
Jul 30, 2011, 06:10 PM
Ok but RCSM are much better than cards. Plus evasion is Acrofighter's thing. Im sorry but i just don't agree with you i think you have got it really wrong when it comes to gasing Acrofighter.

Kazzabe
Jul 30, 2011, 06:52 PM
Ok but RCSM are much better than cards. Plus evasion is Acrofighter's thing. Im sorry but i just don't agree with you i think you have got it really wrong when it comes to gasing Acrofighter.
mind giving me you opinion on how acrofighter should be gased?

Wardog
Jul 30, 2011, 11:23 PM
Lol I just bluntly told you that I just chose photon barrier for unsafe passage R and A grade enhance because I have all A rank, I know AF has very high EVA but I just never switched over to the EVA boost style. I didnt even say that he/she should get the photon barrier but i said i used it, and like I said I didn't put on the EVA boost because I didn't feel the need for it, why? Because I can just heal myself with my cards if I do get hit so it didn't occur to me that I needed to get that EVA boost instead of gassing my PAs. And also the cards and RSCM I would like to hear your clarification because also the person was asking opinions and everyone has their own right to their opinion, just because you do something different and you THINK you do more damage or are "better" doesn't mean that my opinions wrong and you are right or even "better"

Maybe try not being so narcissistic when giving out your opinions there buddy.

Kay Jay
Jul 31, 2011, 02:50 AM
Wardog Im not being narcissistic Im also just giving my opinion lol. Anyway this is how i would do it. Weapon style elemental. Shield Quick action. Basic abilities At 5 Ac 5 Tp 5. Special abilities extra counter damage. Customize weapons knuckles to 50, Twin Sabers 42 plus element+, slicers claws Sabers the same as twin Sabers, Twin guns to 42 and everything else element+.

Anna_Wren
Jul 31, 2011, 03:38 AM
Note that All bullet skills gain element and many gain more SE once they breech the next tier. Point of note, you gain more by doing CardPA+lv1 and Card Element+ than if you do CardPA+lv5. Cards (outside of the Neutral ones) don't gain in SEs, but the neutral ones do, so keep this in mind. I find that Element+ adds more to your overall weapon power than a couple levels of PAs do. That said, again, any bullet going from 20 to 21 and 30 to 31 gain element as well so if you like range then you should add 1PA level to your range of choice just for the bonus element as well as Element+

Mizumi323
Jul 31, 2011, 05:01 PM
This may or may not be useful to you, but my setup as a Newman Female AF is the following:

Weap. Style: Incap. Transform
Shield Style: Rapid Action

Basic abilities: Strength+LV5, Technic+LV2

Weapon Skills:
Twin Sabers PA Level+ LV5
Slicers PA Level+ LV2
Saber ~or~ Claw PA Level+ LV2
Knuckles PA Level+ LV5
Twin Handgun PA Level+ LV1

My current pallete:
Slicer / RCSM X2
Twin Sabers
Knuckles
Saber / RCSM
Twin Handguns

Wardog
Jul 31, 2011, 08:48 PM
Well there is no reason to say my opinion is wrong when it is just my opinion. If I was saying that the way I play is the way everyone should play then you could definitely say I'm wrong because there is no real ONE way to play acrofighter. But yeah I agree with you on the EVA thing and maybe elemental weapon.

Estimated Summary (?):
Weapon style: A grade enhance/Elemental Weapon
Shield Style: EVA addition/one of the photon ones (barrier or shield)
Extra Style: Depends on how you wanna go about it, as a beast I suggest longer beast mode, soloing I say the one where your item enchantments last longer.

Basic Abilities: Depends on your race
Beast: ATP 5 ATA 5
Cast: ATP 5 and whichever else you want
Human: ATP/ATA/EVA should be main priorities
Newman: Not quite sure, maybe more EVA even though newmans have the best evasion or you could get ATP/ATA like the others and 2 EVA, really hard for me to decide because I wouldn't wanna go AF as a Newman IMO, just weird to me kinda. No offense to Kizumi.

I agree with knuckles because they have lots of moves but it really depends on if you like them or not. If so then choose at your own disposal, but I would say whichever weapons you really like, increase the level cap, me personally I have my slicers to 50 at all times and I am just capping each weapon one at a time and once all are 50 I'll switch. Maybe not gonna be easy but it gives me something to work towards, ya know? I'd say try PAs and then decide your thoughts on capping them.

Sorry for a huge post >.>

Mizumi323
Jul 31, 2011, 10:19 PM
Newman: Not quite sure, maybe more EVA even though newmans have the best evasion or you could get ATP/ATA like the others and 2 EVA, really hard for me to decide because I wouldn't wanna go AF as a Newman IMO, just weird to me kinda. No offense to Kizumi.

None taken! ^^

It's very much like Human AF, minus the boosts. A plus is that RCSMs do a lot of damage, with a hizeri / tech charge and GAS.

Kay Jay
Aug 1, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah that works for me Wardog! As for Newman Acrofighter it works very well. Btw Im a Newman Acrofighter / Masterforce lol. I think S class lazers plus slicers is very good but like you said we can all have our own ideas of what is best. I suppose RCSM's are not so hot on a beast or cast.