PDA

View Full Version : Survival RP Planning (Now Started!)

Sord
Jul 30, 2011, 04:56 AM
The RP has started: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189948

Looking for a minimum of 4 people (actually I guess I should say 3 others since I'm included,) otherwise this is a no go. Also, while it's not required, because of the way the rules work, an even number of people is ideal over an odd one. If you're interested, say so here. However, a couple things need to be sorted out before we go on with this.

OK, for starters, here's a bullet list of how the rules are going to work.
[spoiler-box]
-The very first post (which I suppose I'll write) will tell how we wound up where we are as well as give you the first initial description of your surrounding

-You cannot create a tool or item from a source that you have described yourself until someone else has created that tool.

Ex. We're in the woods, and John writes that he has found a rockbed by a stream, and there are vines on the trees. Mary can then search the rockbed and claim to find a sharp rock, and pick it up to use it as a tool/weapon, or perhaps start grinding a rock down with other rocks to make a sharp one. Using the fact that we're in the woods, she can easily find herself a stick, use a vine for rope, and her sharp rock to fasten herself a spear. John would not be allowed to find the sharp rock item, because he described the rock bed. Only Mary or any other writer besides John may do so the first time. After that, anyone can copy the idea.

-It's not against the rules to make things more difficult for others (within reason) if you feel like it.

Ex. Mary finds the sharp rock in the rock bed, and then states there are no other sharp rocks to be found. This means only one spearhead would be found, which means the group only has that one weapon for the time being.

Example of what you can't do: Mary gets sick, and it spreads to everyone and kills them. A wild pack of animals that can't possibly be fought descends on the party and kills them. A rockslide occurs and everyone is crushed. Etc. That's not to say sickness, a wild pack of animals, or a rockslide can't occur, but you can't just have it kill everyone or describe it in such a way that no one can do anything about it.

-Try and keep control of other people's characters to a minimum. Sometimes it's necessary, for example if you pair up with someone to go exploring, you needn't wait for them to start walking with you. Obviously you can just write that they are walking with you. They have to make their own description of what they see if they want, or they can just pick up where you left off. Since this is pretty circumstantial, I can't really set any hard rules on it, I just ask that you make good judgments.

-The main goal is basically for our characters to survive. If we like, we can develop it into a story or something.

Ex. Find an abandoned research lab in the woods, with signs of animal mutation experiments that have escaped. Now we're on the lookout for some special monster(s) or something, and possibly figuring out just what the hell happened.

-Magic does not exist, or if it does, we are not capable of using it ourselves.

-Only one character per person

-No bullet point listing of details, that's cheating.

-If you do not participate enough to adequately keep up with everyone else, I reserve the right to kill your character off for the sake of the active participants moving on. More than likely I'll put it to a vote or something with the other participants.
[/spoiler-box]

Now, I wouldn't be a very good host if I didn't give you guys some sort of control of what we're doing so the RP can be relevant and interesting to you. Namely, we need to decide the setting. I'll list off a few myself, anyone can add their ideas to the list or make more specifications to what I've listed. However, only the people that are actually participating can decide on the final choice.

[spoiler-box]
-Woods (ideal for tool creation, water sources are easily explained, people can hunt or scavenge for food)

-Dessert (definitely not an ideal setting, given how barren the desert is and lack of water and food. If this were chosen, we need to decide on some tools we start with when we get stuck in the situation)

-Jungle

-Ruined city (ideal for scavenging, abandoned stores or warehouses might be a good source of food stores, though obviously only long lasting goods could exist, like canned or dehydrated food, but even then it will still be considered scarce under the assumption the city has probably been looted by other people or animals. Keep in mind something like this allows for easy story creation to, such as finding out what happened to the city, or exploring buildings that hold mysterious questions. Also, a long-lasting twinkie joke would be totally allowed :wacko:)

-Tropical Island (actual branches and wood may be scarce, it's not like palm trees have sturdy branches, and salt water obviously isn't drinkable, so an oasis of fresh water would need to be found or a method to catch fresh water rain developed.)

-Any of the planets from PSO to PSU (keep in mind though that since not everyone has played each game, you may want to link to images of monsters that show up for the first time)
[/spoiler-box]

Like I said, if anyone has other ideas of what they would like to do, post them. Also, if you would like to head in the direction of a more story oriented survival RP, you can suggest a very general outline of it (like the example of finding an abandoned laboratory) or how things will start (for example, if we all wanted to be archaeologists that get stuck in the wild.)

Last, I'll need the names and a brief physical description of each character. At least enough that I can write the opening for the RP. I don't really need more than gender and a rough idea of what's being worn and their physique. If you feel like describing your character more in your own posts that's fine.

Sayara
Jul 30, 2011, 10:11 AM
A ruined city or something like the isle of Dr Moreau would be pretty righteous.

*Isle of Dr, was in a nutshell man abandoned on an island where a scientist fuses and creates hybrid animal human things....and treats them to a cult like religion til the 2nd half of the book where it became more survival based and escape. I can imagine the hybrided animals could be hostile to people not like themselves or something

Anyway, character ho!
Name Sayara
Age 19
Female, slender frame 5'9, 110lb, Cup B, Long Purple/violet hair, eyes a shade of graysh red with purple rings/bruises under her eyes.
http://nokame.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/#/d38l2b7 this outfit.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 30, 2011, 11:59 AM
Ok, Here's mine..

Name: Rave (short for Raven) Wolfkrone
Height: 5'11

Description:
He's dark skinned with dark blue, slicked back hair.
He has Brown eyes, and a fair build.

Wears a black Tee, Black baggy camo pants, some sneakers, and an armband as an accessory. Has the kanji for freedom tattooed on his neck.

Personality: Being an outgoing person, he's laid back and tries his best to lighten any situation, no matter what the circumstance, although it doesn't always work out in his favor. He also tends to act a bit lazy, but is actually smarter than most people think he is.

He has an odd "Wild Sense", smelling animals distances away, and even having excellent hearing.

EDIT: Yoshiblue's post makes me feel like I should add a bit more.

yoshiblue
Jul 30, 2011, 08:33 PM
[My Idea]

Setting: Parum in a mountainous valley within a peninsula. Picture reference below.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ab32xDu9-FI/TC7NU2mXi1I/AAAAAAAAAHE/9BGZhFSYMU0/s1600/mountain-valley-blossoming.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Lush with vegitation with plenty of animals roaming around. Rains alot and tends to be cold at night. A few villages and towns maybe found from those who survived the 500 year war and those else that have been taken by the fog and clouds within the mountains.

Cause:
A) Commercial plane flying to its destination within Parum runs out of fuel due to a unseen leak(breaks open midflight) and crashes.

B) Said plane fly through a cloud and in a blind spot is torn open my a mountain's peak and proceeds with a crash landing in an effort to save its self. This due to Parum's environment being artificial.

Character:

Name: Luneth Schneider
Height: 5'11

Description:
A slightly tan man with spikey brown hair leaning back. wears a serious expression most of the time with brown eyes. A slim muscular build due to being a competitive swimmer.

He is a man that mostly keeps to himself unless he is around friends. He has a foundness for fruit drinks and rappy racing. Likes to keep things leveled and in control. Tends to be unlucky with electronics when they aren't in working order. Dislikes the vain and haughty. Puts Family and friends before himself.

He wore to the flight a brown T with a under shirt, blue denim shorts, and brown sneakers.

Sord
Jul 30, 2011, 08:57 PM
I like the Parum idea, wasn't familiar with the history of it myself (I did play PSU, but I didn't pay that much attention to the story.) That would make for an interesting idea, it's possible we could even bump into old military facilities or something that was looked over in the landscape.

If we hit the mountain, well, we'd have to work our way down probably. It also allows for a simple, plausible deus ex machina as to why we can't just send out a radio signal. We crash land, jump ship, and then the unstable surface budges and the ship goes tumbling down the mountain. Our best hope would be to get to the bottom and see if the ship is still intact enough to send out a distress signal. If people are still showing interest in the RP, we could always just say it was to damaged or a creature got into it and wrecked it or something, and we'd have to continue on to find a civilization.

What do the others think?

yoshiblue
Jul 30, 2011, 09:05 PM
If not then they could take something and seek out something or someone to repair it so they could call for help. If we do go for the previous survivors inhabiting the lands, I foresee drama. :D

I never played PSU itself but its PSP variants. I'm not sure if they even cover what went on in their 500 year war. I do remember the first mission in Parum were fancy dood Hyuga(?) mentions that the terrain is artifical in an effort to restore it's beauty. This could mean plants from other planets or cloned things. It could also mean that some of the stuff could be meaded or made with metals and such. For those who think a plane would be unaffected by a mountain side.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 30, 2011, 09:09 PM
I'm up for anything, so I wouldn't mind the Parum location. But what cause is it going to be? I'd go for B.

FOkyasuta
Jul 30, 2011, 09:26 PM
Id join. With the Rifts and all. And i can write detailed, Just didn't want to cause someone kept complaining about the Wall Of Texts i did and the only way to make the person quiet was to stop. So count me in.

PS: Hate to say it, But I do know a bit about Parum.

Sord
Jul 30, 2011, 09:34 PM
Honestly, if we do Parum, I'm kinda liking B myself. The only issue with doing a PSO/U world is I don't think I'm sure I would want to allow casts. Being made of metal and not needing food or water kind of takes away from the survival point. At the same time a single cast could also serve as somewhat of a protector and could do more labor intensive things (it'd probably be a lot easier for a walking half ton of metal to break some big branches for something, or hurl a larger rock at an animal to scare it off, etc.) Thing is, I really would not want any more than one, but what if two or more people want to play CAST? On top of that, since they're entirely mechanical, it seems like they'd just be able to radio for help via their internal computer (though I suppose we could just say they long range communications got damaged.)

Also, another suggestion, that can be worked into just about any of them (it'd work pretty well with Parum though) would be hitting a null zone that isn't on any charts. If it was on Parum, we could have it turn out to be an experimental weapon left over from the war, and possibly stumble onto whatever is causing it. Not sure how I feel about it, but it was an idea.

Id join. With the Rifts and all. And i can write detailed, Just didn't want to cause someone kept complaining about the Wall Of Texts i did and the only way to make the person quiet was to stop. So count me in.

That's why I left that one RP I joined, where we were stuck in some primitive post-apocalyptic setting and their were monsters chasing us around or whatever. Creator complaining that two paragraphs is a wall of text? Fuckin seriously?

FOkyasuta
Jul 30, 2011, 09:47 PM
That's why I left that one RP I joined, where we were stuck in some primitive post-apocalyptic setting and their were monsters chasing us around or whatever. Creator complaining that two paragraphs is a wall of text? Fuckin seriously?

Who knows Sord? It was quite a long time ago. And we allowed to sware? I had no idea. And i am not using a CAST for this one for your information. Like you clearly mentioned above, It renders the whole idea RP idea useless.

Sord
Jul 30, 2011, 10:02 PM
The site's rating is PG-13, and technically via the ToS you're not even supposed to be on here if you're below it. So yes, some swearing is allowed, though I wouldn't do it heavily. I've gotten a warning for using it against people (said "No shit, sherlock" when the guy stated the obvious and the dude reported me.) But normally I do it passively (like saying shit instead of crap about something that's not a person.) I swear pretty regularly on site though (every few posts usually, more heavily in FKL 'cause it's less regulated) and it's never been an issue.

FOkyasuta
Jul 30, 2011, 10:05 PM
The site's rating is PG-13, and technically via the ToS you're not even supposed to be on here if you're below it. So yes, some swearing is allowed, though I wouldn't do it heavily. I've gotten a warning for using it against people (said "No shit, sherlock" when the guy stated the obvious and the dude reported me.) But normally I do it passively (like saying shit instead of crap about something that's not a person.) I swear pretty regularly on site though (every few posts usually, more heavily in FKL 'cause it's less regulated) and it's never been an issue.

Never actually knew that but oh well now i know.

Sord
Jul 30, 2011, 10:08 PM
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz344/carlitos123_2010/patrick-star-1.jpg
Sentence enhancers are fun! :wacko:

But yeah, just make sure you're not being to offensive toward anyone and you're usually golden.

FOkyasuta
Jul 30, 2011, 10:10 PM
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz344/carlitos123_2010/patrick-star-1.jpg
Sentence enhancers are fun! :wacko:

But yeah, just make sure you're not being to offensive toward anyone and you're usually golden.
Lol, Gotcha. So i should introduce my Character first right? And another question, When will it start?

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2011, 04:24 AM
Don't worry I thought about CASTs too. My thoughts...

-Civilian models: Made during the Cast supremacy ordeal to populate parum with just casts. Flying for the same reasons as any other person.

-Job models: Made for only the job they are doing. Like the megaman zero/zx characters. They were only refitted to be combat ready. Such models would be lumber jacks, fishing (Deadliest Catch lolz), weight lifting, ect. Flying due to promotions or location change

-In the crash, their circuits would be torn or screwed up. Resulting in malfuntions, black outs, constant need of an energy source, loss of equipment. The works.

Sord
Jul 31, 2011, 05:12 AM
Lol, Gotcha. So i should introduce my Character first right? And another question, When will it start?
Probably in 2 days to a week depending on how long my patience hold, presently there's 5 people. I'd like six, that way if it's ever needed we can split into pairs (thusly, one person could describe something, and another person could create something from it, switch off, etc. If you're just one person on your own, you'd be stuck only describing things.)

I just need some basic character info, just something that distinguishes that character. I'll be writing the crash landing or however we get in our mix up, but if I need to reference some other person I'd need some descriptor. Presumably I wouldn't know your name or anything if we were just passengers, so I'd need something to reference your person. You can flesh out your character more through your own writing in the RP.

@yoshiblue I suppose that works, though so far no one has even given a cast anyways unless HUcast decides to be a cast

FOkyasuta
Jul 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
Name: Renjakyastuo
Height: 5'4

Description:

Renja is a Young Adult by the age of 15 even though he constantly gets the remark,"Your to young for the army kid" thanks to his great archery and alchemy skills, he was in-doubtfully hired to. Despite being some what weak-looking and all he actually makes up for it in Agility and Skill.

Despite being a fellow who most people from another realm like to refer to as a Top-Of-The-Line One Man Army, He honestly doesn't bother to really show it off, Says its "Too much work." He just wants to chill, drink wine and shoot things all by himself but if he has to.... He can work with a group. Somewhat work in a group that is.

Visual Reference/Appearance:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab103/2Fast4u13/mabinogi_2011_08_01_002.jpg
Was last seen using this outfit when traveling on the plane.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Seth Astra
Aug 1, 2011, 12:35 AM
Just a bit of friendly advice: I'd recommend deciding on a setting before going any further. That way it's easier for people to design their character.

NeonaPulsar
Aug 1, 2011, 12:38 AM
If at all possible, i'd like see where this is going, then jump in to the RP. I have a character idea already so it won't be too hard. Depending on where its set (from reading it seems parum), i could be living in the area or maybe come in on a different ship.
Like in our old RPs where we would always have someone jump in as it was going.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 06:34 AM
Just a bit of friendly advice: I'd recommend deciding on a setting before going any further. That way it's easier for people to design their character.

I thought we kinda-sorta chose Parum... Also, I'm hoping we have more than one girl for diversity's sake.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 09:34 AM

What the hell did you think this thread was for? And since everyone's pretty much discussed it and not turned it down, it really is looking like Parum is the choice. The main issue to resolve right now is what the starting point will be and if we want to move into a plot or not.

If at all possible, i'd like see where this is going, then jump in to the RP. I have a character idea already so it won't be too hard. Depending on where its set (from reading it seems parum), i could be living in the area or maybe come in on a different ship.
Like in our old RPs where we would always have someone jump in as it was going.

Not possible. You're either in at the beginning or not in at all. If you like where it's going, feel free to start your own though.

Also, I'm hoping we have more than one girl for diversity's sake.
Well, admittedly I wouldn't say it'd matter much, unless you plan on hitting on all the females. I'm certainly not (nor would I be positively responsive to them if I played a female character.) For the record, I'll probably wind up being an older male character, in his late twenties or early thirties.
---------------

So, as I said before, anyone want to plan a rough event of plots. Basically we'll just have points A B C, etc. We'll do whatever in between, but it gives us a direction to move in.

Ex.
A. crash land on mountain
B. reach ship and find that it is to damaged to send a distress signal
C. run into cast-supremist town
D. ???
E. Profit

That example fits things we've discussed, but once again feel free to bring up anything that may be desirable to to you. Or we can just wing it.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 09:38 AM
What the hell did you think this thread was for?

HAH, lol

Well, admittedly I wouldn't say it'd matter much, unless you plan on hitting on all the females.

That's not my intention at all; just felt that having more females would make a balance, that's all!

Ex.
A. crash land on mountain
B. reach ship and find that it is to damaged to send a distress signal
C. run into cast-supremist town
D. ???
E. Profit

CAST supremist town... very interesting...

PLANET OF THE CASTS!

FOkyasuta
Aug 1, 2011, 11:53 AM
@Tai:No need for the triple posts bro. But that Planet Of The Casts? HEEL YEAH.

@Sayamak: I do like that plot. Alot.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 12:52 PM
CAST supremist town... very interesting...

PLANET OF THE CASTS!

Well, Parum is the CAST planet isn't it?

I thought about that when yoshiblue said

If not then they could take something and seek out something or someone to repair it so they could call for help. If we do go for the previous survivors inhabiting the lands, I foresee drama. :D

Though after going back and reading it I think I may have misunderstood it. I thought he meant searching out people to help, and then finding drama with those people. But now I think he just meant drama within the group for being stuck together for so long. My mind omitted the significance of the word "previously" in their somehow. Dunno, YOSHIBLUE WHERE ARE YOU.

Sayara
Aug 1, 2011, 01:49 PM
That's not my intention at all; just felt that having more females would make a balance, that's all!

Don;'t worry, I'll bee gentle
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6gfqwlox1qe41x3o1_500.jpg
:wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Aug 1, 2011, 02:00 PM
I'd like to participate in this RP, I think. I'll get a character written up in a bit. Also, HUcast, isn't alchemy basically magic?

FOkyasuta
Aug 1, 2011, 02:10 PM
Also, HUcast, isn't alchemy basically magic?

Although it may seem, It is to some but not to all.

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 02:10 PM
To me its Magic and Science put together.

When I ment drama, I ment that anything can happen drama wise. We are civilians and we are not use to this kind of thing. Some will become untrusting. Others will feel insecure and lash out. One may just go insane. Selfishness and opportunists come to be born. Someone may be injured and needs to be checked on.

Out side we may find a cast town were they welcome us or try to kill us. We may find stranded people from the war or their relatives. They could take us in then try to kill us. They could help us and when the end is near, kill us and make their getaway. I'll think of more events if you wish.

*As for people joining? I figured we could drag the bodies out. Tend for them for a few days to see if anyone else survived and if not, bury them or something. They could always join in us if we visit a town.

Parum can be considered a CAST planet but it has all the races in it. The CAST solely runs the government. With the cast supremacy, all the other races are looked down upon even if the reason is dumb. I think that only some of the cast that worked with others or are part of the guardians are non cast supremacist.

Posting: Work in progress

>Split from the group to do stuff in towns and such.
>If person feels they wont be on as much, catch sickness that's causes periodic blackouts or stay in a town and catch up later.
>If not, can be imposed that they are helping you or is doing what your doing.
>pending...

Nitro Vordex
Aug 1, 2011, 02:18 PM
I'd like to have a way we can post so that we don't end up ninja posting each other, but I'm pretty sure that's going to happen regardless. I don't really have any ideas for it.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 02:31 PM
@Tai:No need for the triple posts bro. But that Planet Of The Casts? HEEL YEAH.

Very sorry, just don't know how to merge posts...

Don't worry, I'll be gentle
:O *shudders*

Out side we may find a cast town were they welcome us or try to kill us. We may find stranded people from the war or their relatives. They could take us in then try to kill us. They could help us and when the end is near, kill us and make their getaway. I'll think of more events if you wish.

Seriously, everything you post sounds good.

Sayara
Aug 1, 2011, 02:33 PM
Very sorry, just don't know how to merge posts...

you get me to do it 8)

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 02:34 PM
You press multi on all of them then press quote.

As for posting order, I'll look into other RP treads (I never really RP'ed before) and post my thoughts in my post in page 3.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 02:39 PM
you get me to do it 8)

I noticed; my posts keep saying:

Last edited by Sayara

You press multi on all of them then press quote.

Thanks, man.

Weeaboolits
Aug 1, 2011, 02:50 PM
To clarify, does the no magic stipulation mean techniques? or is it an anti-bullshit measure?

Though, if we went with a PSU setting, we wouldn't be able to use techniques without a casting weapon anyway.

Alternatively, did you mean shit like Flaeli?

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 02:56 PM
I think he doesn't want that occasional over powered super hero/villain that has no weakness and could destroy worlds. That kind of nonsense.

Updates of my thoughts on page 3.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 03:21 PM
>If person feels they wont be on as much, catch sickness that's causes periodic blackouts or stay in a town and catch up later.
>pending...

Those do sound good, and great alternatives for anyone who can't make it...

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 04:08 PM
To clarify, does the no magic stipulation mean techniques? or is it an anti-bullshit measure?

Though, if we went with a PSU setting, we wouldn't be able to use techniques without a casting weapon anyway.

Alternatively, did you mean shit like Flaeli?

The reason I didn't allow magic (or techs) is because look at it this way. You have barta, you can just make ice to melt into water. You have foie, well there's your fire and light, and if you have zonde, well most animals would technically drop from a jolt of lightning, at the very least it's easy to attack from afar. In essence, you don't even need a lot of tools. Without the need for tools, there's no forced reason to write descriptively. That's why I didn't allow it. Everyone is supposed to be a normal person trying to get out of this mess.

If people have ideas on limiting techs/spells, throw 'em out and we'll see.

To me its Magic and Science put together.

*As for people joining? I figured we could drag the bodies out. Tend for them for a few days to see if anyone else survived and if not, bury them or something. They could always join in us if we visit a town.

>pending...

Throw out any plot ideas you like. I came up with the rules for the thing, but I'm certainly not adverse to good suggestions. More often than not I'll leave it to more of a group vote than just whether or not I personally want to do something. I'm not an utter control freak, this thing can be fairly open-ended. So far your ideas have all been pretty good. You've honestly got me interested on how you're going to write. I don't really know much about you or Taijutsu, aside from so far neither of you have posted anything I've seen that looks bad.

I suppose we could add people at towns and stuff, but honestly I don't want people just bumping into one another in a forest or something and going "Herp-derp, how lucky let's team up." Since I figured we'd be spending most of the time in a wild environment, it seemed like it should be a no go. Several ideas have been made more clear since then. Running a check-point system in which certain parts of whatever plot allow for more characters coming in sounds fine to me. People can either post in here or PM that when they want to join, and they'll be alerted when the story progresses to the next check point. I would like for said person to actually have a legitimate reason for joining our team though when that time comes. Whether they come up with it personally or someone else figures out a way to integrate them, I don't care, I just don't want a jarring slap-in from no where.

Also, another issue we need to address if we actually go into non-hostile towns is controlling NPCs (for lack of a better term.) At that point you're writing for someone else and suddenly that gives you so much more control. They could be asked for anything and give a positive answer. I'd like to avoid this. If we're in a town where everyone hates us (such as an all CAST supremist town) this isn't an issue since they'd all hate us, wouldn't help us, possibly even try to "enslave" us as a sort of joke for humans using so many machines to do labor.

Hucast, please clarify what you mean by alchemy. If you just mean straight up potion making or chemistry knowledge, that's fine. But like I said before, I don't want magic.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 05:01 PM
If people have ideas on limiting techs/spells, throw 'em out and we'll see.

I was seriously gonna post

"We're all low on PP"

But then I realized how silly that would be lol.

As for new characters joining in the middle of the story, there could be:

If we're going on "PLANET OF THE CASTS" mode,
>Possible "Prisoners of War", or such. As in, previous people who've been stranded and still are, or

>Soldiers coming to investigate the place (since the CAST region can be low-key and unkown to many) and were captured/locked up, due to the "CASTs look down on all other races" suggestion.

FOkyasuta
Aug 1, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hucast, please clarify what you mean by alchemy. If you just mean straight up potion making or chemistry knowledge, that's fine. But like I said before, I don't want magic.

*Facepalm* I knew i was gonna get this reply sooner or later. Its Potion and Mana Crystallization type stuff. You know, More chemical based stuff. Did i mention it isn't magic?

In short fella's, He doesn't use magic.

Weeaboolits
Aug 1, 2011, 06:02 PM
I think the easiest way to inhibit the use of techniques would probably be to use a PSU type setting, since we'd be unlikely to find any casting equipment, and even if we did, it'd likely be damaged, faulty or in otherwise non-working order and potentially dangerous to use, if it could even be used at all.

Anyway, since this seems like it could be fun, here's my character:

Meatball, a young, albino FOnewearl (so white hair, pale skin and red eyes) who's missing her left eye. She has long shaggy hair and wears a large poofy hat and a long coat.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 06:45 PM
I think the easiest way to inhibit the use of techniques would probably be to use a PSU type setting, since we'd be unlikely to find any casting equipment, and even if we did, it'd likely be damaged, faulty or in otherwise non-working order and potentially dangerous to use, if it could even be used at all.

Anyway, since this seems like it could be fun, here's my character:

Meatball, a young, albino FOnewearl (so white hair, pale skin and red eyes) who's missing her left eye. She has long shaggy hair and wears a large poofy hat and a long coat.

Is she wearing an eye patch or is the eye just open? The item thing would be fine, but if we do that I'd prefer it not show up until maybe the first town or something. Mayhaps the CAST gave us shitty tools after "enslaving" us to do whatever, and we keep them when we leave. Also, how 'bout this as far as checkpoints thus far.

>A. Crash landing
>B. Find the ship. CHECKPOINT: If person added, they fell with the ship and couldn't get out before it fell. That person managed to survive the tumble. They stayed put and ate emergency rations on the ship. They would have tried to get the ship's SOS beacon working as well, but to no avail.
>C. Reach the CAST supremist village. CHECKPOINT. Another person that had been captured, they escape with us.

I'd go further but I don't think we have any definite points beyond that.

Oh, and does anyone know if there's a faction within CASTs whose whole thing is being elitist? I know the Illuminatus are human, so was wondering if there was an actual named faction for CASTs.

Weeaboolits
Aug 1, 2011, 06:54 PM
Eyepatch.

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 07:53 PM
HUcast could have learn herbology/herbalism. From that, he is able to spot things in the land to make stuff. Be it drugs to knock out hostels to healing cream to mend wounds. Anything chemical would be Chemistry. So basically a hunter(if the dood is a civvie) that is also a doctor.

We say alchemy is magic because we know it as transforming one thing into something else. From junk to gold and gold to food. (Honesty I don't know or why mabi's population can't create their own money. Then again it would just spawn more people in dunby then need be.)

Then we flee when a sudden attack from another settlement happends. Yay for civil warfare. That could include another checkpoint as other slaves may try to flee with us. As for a cast nation? Maybe stranded AMF CASTs? RELIC is another part of the cast military.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 08:01 PM
I don't mind if people make their character have a background that gives them a leg up in surviving, so long as they're not like "15 years martial arts, best in class lol." Or just straight up hardcore survival nature nut. One thing I was thinking about for my own guy was being a butcher. Someone's gotta gut the animals we catch ;o

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 08:11 PM
I would say "I'm a swimmer! I can catch fish!" but a good swimmer =/= a good catcher/fishermen.

FOkyasuta
Aug 1, 2011, 08:22 PM
Unfortunately that takes time. And in Survival that's a key factor. A lot can happen in just a few hours and even minutes. Right?

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 08:27 PM
Alchemy is iffy when it comes to how fast you make something. In Mabi terms it would be fast. Note however that you chop trees, smelt and smith, and make clothes just as fast.

FOkyasuta
Aug 1, 2011, 08:29 PM
Question is, Is this That Or something else exactly. Think more along the line of slow RL physics.

Edit: Or think of it this way. This RP is focusing on Survival. Not some other mindless adventure were everything just happens to be, Weak.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 08:32 PM
Alchemy in general is kind of hazy. You might specialize in it, but that doesn't mean you'll be familiar with the plants and herbs that were put on Parum. An actual herbologist might, because they specialize in plants specifically. Also keep in mind, as an alchemist, you're not going to be able to just go OH, HEY, THERE'S THIS AND THIS AND THIS AND I CAN MAKE THIS. Someone other than you has to describe it first, which means someone else is going to have to say all the right plants. I'm not gonna let you craft potions on the spot. Someone can't just describe a fungi and then you go "OH HEY THAT'S PENECILLIN." Not flying, unless they bother to describe penicillin specifically without even saying it's penicillin. If you yourself actually realize what they're describing is penicillin, via coincidence or on purpose hoping someone would catch on, that's fine.

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 08:34 PM
I can't think for anything that turns one thing's element into a completely whole different element. How fast you work is Siyamak's call.

Sord
Aug 1, 2011, 08:37 PM
I can't think for anything that turns one thing's element into a completely whole different element. How fast you work is Siyamak's call.

No one's working any faster than anyone with nothing on them would work. This is not an MMO, this is a roleplay in which the world actually works the way it should. If you had a chemistry set, that's one thing. You will not be finding something as complex as a chemistry set.

FOkyasuta
Aug 1, 2011, 08:40 PM
Oh i get him clearly. Besides that's all i really need to know. Even though i already kinda know.

[SPOILER-BOX]Foreign Place =/= Same Stuff Back Home.

Foreign Place =/= Same Rules Back Home.

Foreign Place = New Things.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

And not only that... You cant blame a Small Inventory space for being small.

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 09:19 PM
Need to remind myself to look over what I type before I post it lol. I ment to say of instead of for.

FOkyasuta
Aug 1, 2011, 09:23 PM
And one more thing.

This World = Death

Past World =/=Death

yoshiblue
Aug 1, 2011, 09:29 PM
You go to TNN were even if you die you just come back. I'm not sure if you go back to TNN if you didn't do that zombie slaying quest though.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 1, 2011, 09:30 PM
Just edited mine. Like Siyamak says, each character may have a specific trait that "gives them a leg up." I figure everyone should have one at least, so they can pitch in somehow with the survival effort.

Or maybe one character could do nothing and stir up drama because everyone else does all the work.

Sord
Aug 2, 2011, 12:47 AM
Or maybe one character could do nothing and stir up drama because everyone else does all the work.

Thought about that to. HUcast's character would honestly be most suited for it. He's freakin 15.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 2, 2011, 12:57 AM
Thought about that, too. HUcast's character would honestly be most suited for it. He's freakin 15.

Not to mention lazy. lol.

So far, we have 6 characters, and 2 possible others according to Siyamak.

1.Rave-Human-Male- 18

2.Sayara-Newman-Female-19

3.Luneth-Human-Male- 21

4.Renjakyastuo-Newman-Male-15

5.Meatball-Newman-Female-???

6.Zenith-Beast-Male-26

7.(Siyamak's character?)

8.Possible 8th character?

Notes:
>Liking the age diversity.
>Maybe we should all specify our races?
>Is there any MAX number of characters involved?

FOkyasuta
Aug 2, 2011, 10:23 AM
Beats having a -13 year old runnin around.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 2, 2011, 10:33 AM
Beats having a -13 year old runnin around.

lol, yes it does.

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2011, 12:58 PM
I knew I forgot to put the race in. I would be a Hume.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 2, 2011, 01:05 PM
I knew I forgot to put the race in. I would be a Hume.

Ok, I'll edit it in.
I'm guessing HuCast's character's a Newman, his avatar has pointed ears?

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hes an elf so you could say that.

Sord
Aug 2, 2011, 06:12 PM
For anyone wondering, I have two other people I've been talking to that want to join. Pushing the number up to 8 though is gonna be pretty big. Also not sure how active they'll be. Once I get things decided in that matter I'll probably go ahead and start things. IF ANYONE HASN'T EDITED THEIR CHARACTER DESCRIPTION OR POSTED THEM, MAKE SURE TO GIVE ME YOUR RACE.

At least for now, we'll start with crash landing on the mountain and the ship tumbling down, with our first goal being to scale down the mountain and reach it. I'll write the part from flying to tumbling, and some description. After which you all can start posting away. We'll probably go to CAST supremacy town after finding the ship. Leaving this thread open for further planning if needed, as well as to let people say if they want in at checkpoints.

Sayara
Aug 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
if you need my race, im a newmen.

FOkyasuta
Aug 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
Elf. Not newman. Elf.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 2, 2011, 08:35 PM
Elf. Not newman. Elf.

LOL Are you serious? Well if you say so, I'll put it in.

FOkyasuta
Aug 2, 2011, 08:36 PM
Dead serious.

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 PM
HUcast: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) give me a break man!

Poor dood just can't have it easy.

FOkyasuta
Aug 2, 2011, 10:08 PM
Y so serious Yosh?

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2011, 10:10 PM
Heh it was what I was thinking you would say as I reread the whole tread. You had alot of trouble trying to get your dood to fit in.

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 12:28 AM
Elf. Not newman. Elf.

There are no elves in PSU. No.

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 12:33 AM
There are no elves in PSU. No.

Okay then. I'll just withdraw. No harm at all.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 12:40 AM
I figured that would happen. Ok, so should I edit you back to Newman, or...?

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 12:49 AM
I figured that would happen. Ok, so should I edit you back to Newman, or...?

There two different things in his opinion. And honestly, I cant have him complain. Like he would if i didn't beat him to the post. Good luck in trying finding someone else.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 12:53 AM
There two different things in his opinion. And honestly, I cant have him complain. Like he would if i didn't beat him to the post. Good luck in trying finding someone else.

So wait, lemme get this straight: you're leaving because you can't be an elf!?

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 12:56 AM
So wait, lemme get this straight: you're leaving because you can't be an elf!?

Elf's aren't really Newmen bro. And i cant really think or use anyone else for this RP. And not to mention nothing really comes to mind that fits the regulations really.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 12:59 AM
Elf's aren't really Newmen bro

Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but could you explain the difference?

Because this is how I see it.

Newman-Human w/ pointy ears.
Elf- short Newman.

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 01:05 AM
Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but could you explain the difference?

Because this is how I see it.

Newman- Human w/ pointy ears.
Elf- short Newman.

Its more like this.

Elf - Not sure how there really created TBH... But anyways, Good Archery/Magic.

Newman- Created through Research with High Mind & Tech.

Similarity:

Both are Paper thin w/ ears and aren't really that well at Melee.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 01:10 AM
Not much of a difference to me.

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 01:12 AM
Not much of a difference to me.

Apparently. It does to the Leader.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 01:22 AM
Well, nothing much to say, but that you'll be missed in our survival!

yoshiblue
Aug 3, 2011, 01:47 AM
Indeed

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 02:59 AM
The only real difference there is the name. Elves don't exist in PSU, so you're not an elf, you're a newman. You're still naturally attuned to magic (though there won't really be much if any,) and while I don't think they've ever had any particular ties to archery it's not like newmans can't learn it (photon bows do exist after all in the PSUverse.) For all I care you can play a newman called Elf, but his race will be newman, and people will refer to him as a newman, and you will have been born like any other person rather than coming from some mythical Seelie court (which, by the way, in mythology, is where Elves/Fae typically reside.)

But if you want to step out, that's fine to. It's your choice.

yoshiblue
Aug 3, 2011, 04:46 AM
This is why I said what I said. I already felt tension coming from establishing his character. If he wishes to continue there will always be room for him. All we need is a few give and takes. Siyamak is right however. Because he looks like a newmen, he will be viewed as a newmen. You can be an elf but as a stranger, will be viewed by us as a newmen.

His Alchemy is hindered by the fact that we don't know how long it truely takes and a support on finding the stuff. Not that hard due to my dood liking his fruits and teas. Another hindrance is the fact that he now needs a kit to perform such acts. The best way I can see this is through an expencive suit case. Him being not only a doctorish type person but a herboligist as well, this will allow him to be pretty wealthy. His concern could be the weight he has to lug around. It may seem like magic but it can be seen as just science as well. I say making things will depend on what he has to find, how much he needs, and were to find it. Then it can come out finished within a day to a week.

Bows and photon bows are different. Bows require actual strength and precision. Were as Photon bows only require precision as well as being trained in using it. Figured the glow gets in the way. Speed and flexibility will aid him in getting jobs done. The drawback is his laidback personality. His bow will most likely brake in the crash and if he ever finds a weapon, he will be frustrated with it.

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 06:11 AM
Well, the thing is, the only incarnation of an "alchemist" that could possibly work in the PSUverse is pretty much the pharmaceutical interpretation of the practice. I have no idea what he meant by crystallization, unless he just means mixing chemicals together to make a compound that takes on a crystalline form. Thing is, that's gonna be totally useless in the wild, and it's not like we're starting with any tools (except maybe a knife or two the group has to share.) If he wants that as a background, that's fine, but his character isn't going to get any benefits out of it. Even still though, what kind of 15 year old would even have the experience for that? You could argue he has the knowledge because, hey, tech exists, knowledge is distributable, he could teach himself. That doesn't mean he could walk into a lab and have someone hand him expensive machinery and ingredients and let him practice.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 10:44 AM
This is why I said what I said. I already felt tension coming from establishing his character. If he wishes to continue there will always be room for him. All we need is a few give and takes. Siyamak is right however. Because he looks like a newmen, he will be viewed as a newmen. You can be an elf but as a stranger, will be viewed by us as a newmen.

His Alchemy is hindered by the fact that we don't know how long it truely takes and a support on finding the stuff. Not that hard due to my dood liking his fruits and teas. Another hindrance is the fact that he now needs a kit to perform such acts. The best way I can see this is through an expencive suit case. Him being not only a doctorish type person but a herboligist as well, this will allow him to be pretty wealthy. His concern could be the weight he has to lug around. It may seem like magic but it can be seen as just science as well. I say making things will depend on what he has to find, how much he needs, and were to find it. Then it can come out finished within a day to a week.

Bows and photon bows are different. Bows require actual strength and precision. Were as Photon bows only require precision as well as being trained in using it. Figured the glow gets in the way. Speed and flexibility will aid him in getting jobs done. The drawback is his laidback personality. His bow will most likely brake in the crash and if he ever finds a weapon, he will be frustrated with it.

I could see the tension as well.

Also, the story is about survival, a change from overpowered people fighting overpowered forces. So we have to be pretty limited. Based on what you just said, Hucast's character could pretty much be stuck on his own and have little to no problem getting out, and that would be ruining the essence of survival.

The guy uses bows. That's pretty handy in a survival.

This is why I suggested that everyone have some sort of trait to compensate, yet be limited. My character, Rave, simply has a wild sense, where he could hear or smell things better, helping the others find food.

Well, the thing is, the only incarnation of an "alchemist" that could possibly work in the PSUverse is pretty much the pharmaceutical interpretation of the practice. I have no idea what he meant by crystallization, unless he just means mixing chemicals together to make a compound that takes on a crystalline form. Thing is, that's gonna be totally useless in the wild, and it's not like we're starting with any tools (except maybe a knife or two the group has to share.) If he wants that as a background, that's fine, but his character isn't going to get any benefits out of it. Even still though, what kind of 15 year old would even have the experience for that? You could argue he has the knowledge because, hey, tech exists, knowledge is distributable, he could teach himself. That doesn't mean he could walk into a lab and have someone hand him expensive machinery and ingredients and let him practice.

The way I see it, it's like normal civilians +1 Jimmy Neutron trapped in an unknown location\. Like I said above "ruining the essence of survival."

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 10:48 AM
You forgot the plane crash part. Lets just say, Shit breaks. That works no?

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 10:58 AM
Well, what do you mean by "Shit breaks"?

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 11:01 AM
Newman = Squishy. It could also mean *Hint Hint* Memory Loss.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 11:05 AM
So, you mean during the crash, the "alchemy kit" he carries with him breaks, he gets some on him, making him smaller? With amnesia on top of that?

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 11:17 AM
Well played. And not to mention, His Alchemy Cylinder might break. And not only that, So does the Bow. Any other ideas?

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 11:27 AM
>Making him older but look fifteen.
>If you don't want to be wealthy, he could be trying to start a new life among Parum's residents.
>Making him a photon bow user, so that if you do come across a primitive bow, You'd be resentful toward using it, or just kinda fail.

Ex. He picked up the bow. The hostile began to charge toward him at an increasing pace.
He shot, with all of the presicion and power a Photon Bow, and missed.
"What the hell!? This is useless!" He cried out in anger, seconds away from being tackled by the overwhelming force.

Weeaboolits
Aug 3, 2011, 11:36 AM
Elf - Not sure how there really created TBH... But anyways, Good Archery/Magic.TP and ATA are PSU newman's best stats, they're just sci-fi elves at this point, hell in the portable ones, bows use TP for damage, so they're the best race at using them.

Classic newmans are more different from modern newmans than elves are.

FOkyasuta
Aug 3, 2011, 12:09 PM
^Little to late but... Okay.

@Tai:Kay im getting it. Enough spoilers already.

Guess i'll just wait for the RP to start up then.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 3, 2011, 02:15 PM
^Little to late but... Okay.

@Tai:Kay im getting it. Enough spoilers already.

Guess i'll just wait for the RP to start up then.

Lol I wasn't spoiling, however it's good to see that you're staying.

Sord
Aug 3, 2011, 08:12 PM
Shooting to start this on this upcoming Saturday or Sunday. Probably Saturday.

FOkyasuta
Aug 5, 2011, 02:51 PM
Shoot. If it starts on Saturday i might not make it cause i'll be elsewhere.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 5, 2011, 03:00 PM
We can carry around your unconcious body till then.

Sord
Aug 6, 2011, 02:12 PM
Actually I don't mind waiting till Sunday. Some RL shit just came up, best friends front breaks have blown. He's a delivery driver, naturally this is rather detrimental. I'm currently at his place. Gonna loan him my car, then early early tomorrow we'll have to take his car out to his dads to (hopefully) get it fixed. I should have time in the evening to write. Also since I've been up here, I haven't been able to talk to those two other people I was talkin about, so I still need to sort out what they're doing.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 6, 2011, 02:52 PM
Sure, no problem, just let us know when it's up!

Nitro Vordex
Aug 7, 2011, 07:37 PM
Alright, sorry about being slow with my character. It might be a bit extensive, hopefully Siya doesn't get mad at me about something.

[spoiler-box] Name: Zenith
Race: Beast
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark brown

Skin: Dark tan, someone who's in the sun quite a bit, but naturally dark.

Body description: 6' nothing, muscular toned, but not super built. Wears a Vigor Coat, with a black and green color scheme, cut at the bottom to form "V" shapes at the end. Wears blue pants, with a green belt buckle. Typical shoes, nothing special. Generally good looking guy, but the personality somewhat mismatches.

Personality: Somewhat brazen, a little arrogant, self important. Very few people he really cares about aside from himself. Does many things only for himself, or that profit him in some way. Somewhat materialistic, but not overly so. Still enjoys fun. Hobbies include hoverboard riding and getting into fights he can't win.
Skills: Mechanical and technology know how, is generally considered above average but not a genius in his work. Mostly works with hoverboards in the PSU universe, but has general knowhow for many other vehicles, and even fixes them from time to time. Generally average physique, has general more overall strength because of being a Beast, but not bodybuilder strength, only a civillian.[/spoiler-box]

yoshiblue
Aug 7, 2011, 09:29 PM
A borderline opportunist? Nice.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 7, 2011, 11:50 PM
Beasts love their Vigor Coats! LOL I had my HUmar rockin' that at the end of PSPo.

But, what is a borderline opportunist?

yoshiblue
Aug 8, 2011, 01:09 AM
I say borderline because i'm not sure if thats the type of character Nitro was going for. Basicly his dood is a opportunist. Reminds me of Jack Carver only with hoverboards instead of boats.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 8, 2011, 03:37 AM
I say borderline because i'm not sure if thats the type of character Nitro was going for. Basicly his dood is a opportunist. Reminds me of Jack Carver only with hoverboards instead of boats.
I suppose opportunist is mostly true. He's not a complete asshat about money, but if it benefits him he's more inclined to do it. However, he still has morals.

Sord
Aug 8, 2011, 11:55 PM
It's started. Sorry for the delay.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2668505#post2668505

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 9, 2011, 12:33 AM
No problem! I'll try my best, being that this is my first RP.

FOkyasuta
Aug 9, 2011, 12:36 AM
Typing up as you read this, Oh and BTW nice detailed WoT! That's some high-class writer shit if you know what i mean.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 9, 2011, 12:39 AM
Typing up as you read this, Oh and BTW nice detailed WoT! That's some high-class writer shit if you know what i mean.

Tell me about it. I feel a little overwhelmed. But it's a good overwhelming lol. I'll post after reading your part, then hit the sack lol

Sord
Aug 9, 2011, 12:40 AM
What is WoT?

Also, thanks for the compliments. I thought it actually came out kind of bland ._.;

Character personality detail didn't quite shine through as much as I would like. That's why I like writing in first person though. You get to give "no sentence fragments." the bird 'cause you're writing from a human perspective, which doesn't always come out in straight sentences and makes it easier to bring your character out since you're already in their perspective.

FOkyasuta
Aug 9, 2011, 12:41 AM
WoT is a common term of abbreviation used by forum users which stands for Wall of Text.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 9, 2011, 12:43 AM
WoT is a common term of abbreviation used by forum users which stands for Wall of Text.

It sure didn't feel like one. I was pretty interested.

FOkyasuta
Aug 9, 2011, 12:46 AM
It sure didn't feel like one. I was pretty interested.

Its cause he spaces it out. Unlike some other people Ive come to know.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 9, 2011, 12:49 AM
Its cause he spaces it out. Unlike some other people Ive come to know.

LOL. herp derp and more herp with no tabs in between.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 9, 2011, 12:50 AM
What is WoT?

Also, thanks for the compliments. I thought it actually came out kind of bland ._.;

Character personality detail didn't quite shine through as much as I would like. That's why I like writing in first person though. You get to give "no sentence fragments." the bird 'cause you're writing from a human perspective, which doesn't always come out in straight sentences and makes it easier to bring your character out since you're already in their perspective.

Bland!? What is wrong with you!? Also, should we write our parts in 1st person?

Sord
Aug 9, 2011, 12:51 AM

Derp, guess I should have gotten that one. Eh well, hope to see your guy's entries! Once we get all the character introduction and such out of the way I guess we should start trekking downhill (which means we'd probably be going sideways 'till we can find a slope that isn't so steep we'll fall.) Then head downhill to the forest.

Naturally since there's plants, there must be water (rain on the mountain) so we can possibly find some stream in there as well. Work our way downhill through the forest, scavenge for food (or hunt if that's even possible.) Your characters may or may not be short of breath or get sick easy (altitude sickness.) Doubt we'll have much for tool making in our present rocky outcropping (save throwing rocks at things and maybe a walking stick.) So when we get to the forest think of all those survival shows and what those crazy bastards use to build stuff and make sure to detail them in the environment!

Bland!? What is wrong with you!? Also, should we write our parts in 1st person?

Like I said, you don't have to write like I do, you can write how you feel comfortable. Just don't go describing things that are clearly beyond your characters comprehension (out of sight, sound, etc.)

After giving it a break and going back and reading it again, I see a lot I fucked up on. Like saying not having my seat belt on meant I would slam into "my seat" on impact when it should have been "the seat in front of me." Edited that btw. There are other things I could have mentioned, like what port or city the shuttle could have been going to. I never once detailed what the shuttle looked like from the outside, like wings or jets or whatever the propulsion system might be, etc. It might be better than what you guys are used to seeing from other forum goers, but I'm a bookworm, and I judge my own writing on the level of, "Could this be in a novel?" My opinion on my first bit was "no, definitly not," but I also sat down and just churned it straight out in an hour and a half or so with the only proof reading being a once glance over and spell/grammar check. Hardly refined by any means. Oh, I'm also still a little blah from drinking over half a fifth of vodka last night. Party on, woo :wacko:

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 9, 2011, 02:02 PM
We should probably type here when we're about to write another post, that way we don't get confused on who's doing it now.

EDIT: HUcast are you doing another post now?

FOkyasuta
Aug 9, 2011, 02:14 PM
We should probably type here when we're about to write another post, that way we don't get confused on who's doing it now.

EDIT: HUcast are you doing another post now?

Uh... Nope? ^^;

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 9, 2011, 02:15 PM
Sorry, I asked cuz you were online. By the way, everyone's post so far sounded pretty good!

Sayara
Aug 9, 2011, 05:04 PM
I thought the one rule was no communication about the story outside of the actual storytelling itself. :???:

Sord
Aug 9, 2011, 05:11 PM
I thought the one rule was no communication about the story outside of the actual storytelling itself. :???:

The rule is no preplanning descriptions and the like to make tools. No discussing what tools to make, etc. The descriptions need to be independent as does the thought of making something into a tool.

Sayara
Aug 9, 2011, 05:23 PM
Oh alright. I just wanted to make sure. But post ordering or Hey Post! is an allowed action?

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 10, 2011, 06:46 PM
Seeing as no one's posted anything in a while, I'll throw in another.

Sord
Aug 10, 2011, 06:54 PM
I've been trying to bug Nitro and Airalene or whatever name she uses on here, but they still haven't posted \o.0/

Oh alright. I just wanted to make sure. But post ordering or Hey Post! is an allowed action?
Yeah, it's to halt confusing conflicts. Ex: Person A says group goes this way, person B says group goes the other way. They both type their bit up and post at the same time. WHICH WAY DID WE GO?!?!? etc

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 10, 2011, 06:55 PM
LOL that's why I said we should notify here lol

Airalean
Aug 11, 2011, 05:02 AM
Name: Ophelia
Race: Newman
Skin: Pale White
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark Red

Body Description: About 4'11 and a bit curvy. She generally dresses in more business or bohemian like attire.

Personality: She's a bit of a tease and very snarky at times probably due to her constant worrying of getting older. Appearances matter to Ophelia, more so her own rather than the appearances of others. While she wont dislike anyone based on appearance it isn't beyond her to poke fun. Although she's a bit of a diva she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty and while she's snarky most of the time she's very caring and will always lend advice or counseling. Just expect a bit of tongue-in-cheek.

Skills: Ophelia is a licensed psychiatrist, generally dealing with teenagers and young adults. However when her sister started up a privately owned clinic and needed assistance Ophie was the first to lend a hand. She went back to school at 25 to learn a whole different branch of medicine. While she's not a fully licensed physician she knows a great deal about common ailments.

[SPOILER-BOX]A quick, sloppy sketch of Nitro and my characters.
http://i.min.us/ijnXY0.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 11, 2011, 09:57 AM
^Cool.

Weeaboolits
Aug 12, 2011, 11:39 PM
Gonna be going out of town for a few days, so I guess Meatball will just be quietly cooperating for that time.

Also, since I realized I wasn't as descriptive as everyone else, I'll post a bit more about my character.

[spoiler-box]She's pretty small, only about 5', if that.

Meatball is a fairly infamous freelance mercenary from Moatoob, and deals frequently with rogues. She is generally disliked by more upstanding organizations, such as the Guardians, due to her recklessness and flagrant disregard for the safety of others.

She has a self-centered, impetuous personality and is rarely polite.[/spoiler-box]

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 12, 2011, 11:55 PM
No wonder you seem to irk Rave lol