PDA

View Full Version : Dizas and Rentis Testing.

Anna_Wren
Jul 31, 2011, 03:30 AM
Yes, I did a search but could find no solid information, and if there is a post otherwise you can delete this one mods.

Anyway....
So, I've been testing the two techs a LOT so far and it seems that the damage modification on them is a little strange. In fact, it seems that the damage done to your character and others goes from 100% to 84%. This is a static reduction that I tested on lots of monsters and traps. Furthermore, the reduction does not increase with more bars, it mearly stays the same but allows more hits.

Based on my observations, they calculate this damage after the elemental % and DFP/MST reduction but I'm not sure and would appreciate any help on this matter.

Here is a good example:
Lets say you would take 800 damage normally:

If you do elemental first, the normal damage is 400 with a 50% Reduction. Lets say your DFP reduces it by about 152, which takes the damage down to 248. Then we multipy this by .84 and get about 208 damage total.

However, if done the other way (Dizas/Rentis first) this would be reduced to 672 right of the bat. Do the 50% Reduction and get 336 damage. Minus the 153 and get 184. If Dizas/Rentis is first, then the damage reduction is even greater. In this case its by 24 damage.

I will do much more testing on this to see how it works out.

TL/DR. My testing indicates that Dizas/Rentis 1-50 damage calculation= 84% of damage to be taken.

XbikXBd
Jul 31, 2011, 07:05 AM
Yes, I did a search but could find no solid information, and if there is a post otherwise you can delete this one mods.

Anyway....
So, I've been testing the two techs a LOT so far and it seems that the damage modification on them is a little strange. In fact, it seems that the damage done to your character and others goes from 100% to 84%. This is a static reduction that I tested on lots of monsters and traps. Furthermore, the reduction does not increase with more bars, it mearly stays the same but allows more hits.

Based on my observations, they calculate this damage after the elemental % and DFP/MST reduction but I'm not sure and would appreciate any help on this matter.

Here is a good example:
Lets say you would take 800 damage normally:

If you do elemental first, the normal damage is 400 with a 50% Reduction. Lets say your DFP reduces it by about 152, which takes the damage down to 248. Then we multipy this by .84 and get about 208 damage total.

However, if done the other way (Dizas/Rentis first) this would be reduced to 672 right of the bat. Do the 50% Reduction and get 336 damage. Minus the 153 and get 184. If Dizas/Rentis is first, then the damage reduction is even greater. In this case its by 24 damage.

I will do much more testing on this to see how it works out.

TL/DR. My testing indicates that Dizas/Rentis 1-50 damage calculation= 84% of damage to be taken.

Dizas works weird in the sense that its like if you had soul shield on for just 6 hits i have done testing too but some things on psu dont make sence like how someis phys. and tec. dam.....but at lv 2 its about 24% reduce for both and at lv 6 84-92%...but like i said you have to take into consideration of what shield you have and element and race.....dont think too much into it just know dizas and rentis are needed lol XD

Anna_Wren
Jul 31, 2011, 12:35 PM
Damage Reduction is static, it doesn't go up. This is easily seen if you cast Rentis and walk in front of a turret shooting Megid in Rycros. It takes 5% of your HP regardless of anything else without GAS and Rentis and the like. With Rentis on, it takes 4.2% of your HP. This is the same no matter what level your rentis is. This may be different in JP version, but certainly not 360.

XbikXBd
Jul 31, 2011, 01:00 PM
ill test on both servers....just to make sure....

Anna_Wren
Aug 1, 2011, 12:54 AM
So, did you test it yourself?

Omega-z
Aug 1, 2011, 06:40 PM
From what I've seen the dmg drop-off gets better a little bit but it has a high variance in the static drop-off. Like XbikXBd said it like a mini-soul shield or barrier. Oh there's one more thing that it also does it act's like a multiple parry ability too ( without the 1 dmg point ); watch the attacks that hit's you once in a while the attack will completely not hurt you at all but a bar will be take off ,even with high attacks.

Anna_Wren
Aug 1, 2011, 08:27 PM
Are you wearing Shijin? Cause from what I saw, if you get the rare "Null Damage" effect you still lose a bar.

Ilikelamp7
Aug 1, 2011, 09:48 PM
I've also noticed after taking 0 damage a bar goes away too.

Selphea
Aug 1, 2011, 10:03 PM
So Rentis and Dizas are a waste of 2 slots? =x

XbikXBd
Aug 1, 2011, 10:07 PM
So Rentis and Dizas are a waste of 2 slots? =x

no there good lol XD

Ilikelamp7
Aug 1, 2011, 10:57 PM
I would only use them for bosses.

Anna_Wren
Aug 2, 2011, 12:22 AM
Giresta is more valuble than both of them for sure.
However, Rentis is more valuble than Dizas in my opinion. If you have to pick one get Rentis. But if you don't have space, just use Giresta.

Omega-z
Aug 2, 2011, 08:30 AM
The "Null" Dmg Effect happens more often then Shijin. Dizas blocks all types of Psychical attacks/SE damage and Rentis blocks all types of magical/Trap damage. At Lv 3 it's around the same as the first stage Lv to both Soul Shield and Barrier with a variance. Need to check that one since there could be a way to increase it. Reason why for me in GAM stage 1 it takes of 20 dmg but outside it does 50 - 60, maybec like other buffs with stats. So together with GAS it's more then 200+ and if the dmg is 0 even if you got it dwn to 0 with Rentis or Dizas it still will not take off a bar. But yes the "Null" effect will take off a bar.

Caiterz
Aug 4, 2011, 01:23 PM
Dizas and Rentis helps me a ton @_@. I dont have it yet, but I die like 7230 times in the 'higher s2' missions (like lv 150+ monsters) Without it...

those stupid fireballs! lol

So im doin desert terror trying to get them! :3

*wanna be an amazing acrotecher at some point*