PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU problems getting psu to work

The Super Saiyan Nub
Jul 31, 2011, 03:34 PM
I recently helped a friend get on the JP PSU server. He has a Dell Inspiration 1520 and his computer can definitly run psu. but when he goes to start the game up, the window never opens at all. He gets the opening pick online menu but then when he picks online after gameguard starts up, nothing happens. Thanks if anyone can help solve this problem i will be very greatful.

str898mustang
Jul 31, 2011, 04:24 PM
I recently helped a friend get on the JP PSU server. He has a Dell Inspiration 1520 and his computer can definitly run psu. but when he goes to start the game up, the window never opens at all. He gets the opening pick online menu but then when he picks online after gameguard starts up, nothing happens. Thanks if anyone can help solve this problem i will be very greatful.

Did he instally the Direct X?

skid113
Jul 31, 2011, 04:56 PM
yes i did

str898mustang
Jul 31, 2011, 05:22 PM
um....might be the resolution

skid113
Jul 31, 2011, 05:24 PM
yea im pretty sure we tryed it

Saito S
Sep 5, 2011, 02:30 AM
I'm having more or less the same problem. In my case, I just installed JP PSU and set up an account (on a whim, and to hang out with a friend who recently did the same; both of us played on the US server before it went down). The game seemed to install fine (DID install the DirectX components also), but just won't start. The launcher screen comes up fine, and I can get into & change the options with no issues, but picking either Story or Network mode causes it to just... stop. The launcher closes, and then nothing happens.

When I first installed it, I still had the US PSU:AOI client installed as well, and I thought maybe that was causing a conflict (the US ver wouldn't EVEN get to the launcher with the JP ver present, further indicating that having both installed isn't good). So, I first uninstalled the JP one, and then tested the US one. It ran perfectly, going straight into Story mode with no issues once the JP one was uninstalled. So then, I uninstalled the US one completely, restarted the computer, and re-installed the JP ver. Still nothing, same problem: launcher, pick network or story, and nothing happens.

ANY ideas out there on what the problem might be, or a possible solution?

Windows XP SP3, by the way.

Keilyn
Sep 5, 2011, 02:55 AM
Problem: "PSU plash screen launches, crashes after gameguard update."

Solution:

Windows 7

1) Start --> Right Click on "Computer" ----> Properties
2) Click on the left "Advanced System Settings"
3) Advanced Tab -----> Click on Settings under "Performance"
4) Performance Options -----> Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

Check the box: "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"

Click on ADD

Browse and ADD to the list

online.exe
PsuIlluminus.exe

Make sure the two have checkboxes.

Finally hit Apply, then OK.

note: It may ask for a system restart, do it! ^_^

Windows XP SP2/SP3

1. Click Start ----> Control Panel ----> System
2. Advanced Tab -----> Performance Region (Click Settings)
3. Data Execution Prevention TAB
4. Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those I select"
5. Add Online.Exe and psuIlluminus
6 Click Apply, the Click OK, then if it asks to Reboot, then reboot.

Comments: With new processors, motherboards and system updates comes new technology. Your Phantasy Star Universe did not crash, it was "prevented from executing" due to the way Nprotect/GameGuard works. You should be able to make it work now.

Saito S
Sep 5, 2011, 03:50 AM
THANK YOU!

Man, that was fast. :D

The solution you posted worked, and now the game seems to be running without issue.

Still, it's odd that I never had such a problem (nor needed to employ such a solution) during 3 years of playing the US ver on this computer. Weird that the JP ver would suddenly have this problem...

Anyway, thanks again!