PDA

View Full Version : Race Differences?

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 2, 2011, 08:47 PM
Ok, so I've made a new character in Vanilla/PSPo2, and he's a Newman Hunter.

However, I keep dying in the second story mission.
This never happened with my first character, which was a human.

So I wonder, since I've never really thought too much on it,

What are the differences in the races?

Humans, Newmans, Beasts, CASTS, Dumans?

Not the physical appearances, but their statisctics, what classes they're good for, and their weaknesses/strengths.

Emp
Aug 2, 2011, 08:53 PM
To save everybody the trouble, Imma just post this link:

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Races

That should answer your question for stats. As for classes:

Beasts- HU, VA
Casts- HU, VA, RA
Newman- VA, FO, RA(cause of pp)
Humans- VA, FO

Dumans are only infinity but you can consider them like an enhanced beast race. Bad ACC but very high atk. Cant use items during infinity blasts and can get killed almost as easily to do moderate DEF/MND.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 2, 2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks, Im gonna check this out!

Emp
Aug 2, 2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Im gonna check this out!

Note on that link. On the stat grid, S= best and C= worst.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 2, 2011, 08:58 PM
To save everybody the trouble, Imma just post this link:

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Races

That should answer your question for stats. As for classes:

Beasts- HU, VA
Casts- HU, VA, RA
Newman- VA, FO, RA(cause of pp)
Humans- VA, FO

Dumans are only infinity but you can consider them like an enhanced beast race. Bad ACC but very high atk. Cant use items during infinity blasts and can get killed almost as easily to do moderate DEF/MND.

Damn, no wonder I was getting massacred. Newman Hunters aren't so good. At least in Vanilla.

StriderTuna
Aug 2, 2011, 09:01 PM
I thought it was standard that Newman hunters are squishy with mainly their evade protecting them.

blace
Aug 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
My newman can stand her ground pretty well and it's her EVA that mainly keeps her alive along with her high TEC with resta.

Oh, I'm a hunter as well.

Mike
Aug 2, 2011, 09:16 PM
Obligitory "learn2block." Seriously though, blocking is good and if you're having problems, a gaining few levels can help too. Dewmen are squishy, not that you'd be playing one in the English version of PSP2, but their blasts are rather interesting.

Crimson The FOmar
Aug 3, 2011, 01:42 PM
EVP plays a bigger role than I imagined, noticing that I'm in trouble alot more often now I'm raising my RA level on my Cast, now that I've maxed my VA level...

UberRottweiler
Aug 4, 2011, 05:09 PM
EVP plays a bigger role than I imagined, noticing that I'm in trouble alot more often now I'm raising my RA level on my Cast, now that I've maxed my VA level...

Same here, I maxed my HU level on my Cast, now I'm raising VA, and I'm seeing a MONUMENTAL difference, even if my character is almost 200 I get hit much more easily as HU lvl.30, but even when I was at VA lvl.15 the evasion rate was considerably higher, not to mention the usage of EX traps which in my humble opinion, are OP :P, hehe, for example you can kill the Alterazgohg on White Beast S with only 3 Burn Traps EX :D.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 06:42 PM
My newman can stand her ground pretty well and it's her EVA that mainly keeps her alive along with her high TEC with resta.

Oh, I'm a hunter as well.

So, is there any advantages being a newman hunter over a Human Hunter?

Alisha
Aug 4, 2011, 07:06 PM
i think human hunter has the highest def in the game.

Crimson The FOmar
Aug 4, 2011, 07:19 PM
i think human hunter has the highest def in the game.

That they do, and they'd make good hunter's in Infinity (I imagine), where unlike PSP2, DEF and EVP are scaled properly.. but for the moment EVP is much more useful.

Of course, all the EVP in the world won't help a Newman Hunter if they actually take a hit :-P

So Cast's make the best hunter's in my opinion, more so than Beasts...

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 09:33 PM
More than Beasts? For real?

Crimson The FOmar
Aug 4, 2011, 10:00 PM

Well, pure power wise, no :-?

...but from personal experience I find a male Cast Hunter's higher HP and ACC more than make up for it, means you don't get as many misses and you can actually use guns :-P

I just don't enjoy playing a beast hunter now! I guess once you go Cast you don't go back ;-) haha

raijz
Aug 4, 2011, 11:25 PM

Damage wise beast are still the best. The only reason why cast would be better is the higher ACC and faster PP regen.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 11:34 PM
Damage wise beast are still the best. The only reason why cast would be better is the higher ACC and faster PP regen.

So, this would make them the ideal Rangers, wouldn't it?

Emp
Aug 4, 2011, 11:37 PM
So, this would make them the ideal Rangers, wouldn't it?

Uhhh ya. Casts= highest ACC

Casts are pretty the wildcard race in the game. They can be good at every type besides FO, no matter if your using guns or melee weps. You'd be shocked at how much dmg a Cast HU does with guns.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 11:38 PM
Wow. TBH, I've never played as a CAST in any game yet, and maybe I should give it a shot.

raijz
Aug 4, 2011, 11:43 PM
Uhhh ya. Casts= highest ACC

Casts are pretty the wildcard race in the game. They can be good at every type besides FO, no matter if your using guns or melee weps. You'd be shocked at how much dmg a Cast HU does with guns.

I still think Newmans>all, but cast are definitely good for every class except FO.

blace
Aug 4, 2011, 11:43 PM
Each race has its own type they're more compatible with:

Humans being well rounded is suitable for Force, Hunter or Vanguard.

Casts utilise built in computers to help with their aiming and the optimized class for them is Ranger.

Newmans with their enhanced mental function, but lowered physical strength, makes them more suitable as Force or Ranger.

Beasts have high physical strength and along with honed senses are more viable as either Hunter or Vanguard.

Does that clear things up? It should be noted that each races description is shown when you're making a new character.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I know about the descriptions and all that, but I wanted an elaboration, a more in depth of the race/class matchups. Thanks!

blace
Aug 4, 2011, 11:48 PM
In PSO HUcast and RAcast had the highest damage output. RAcaseal had highest ACC, and FOnewearl had highest MST.

Point being, elf like characters do more spell damage while robots can aim better than a normal person as well as having no real restrictions on strength.

Mike
Aug 4, 2011, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I know about the descriptions and all that, but I wanted an elaboration, a more in depth of the race/class matchups. Thanks!
If you're really interestesd in working a character to it's fullest abilities, you'll have to change types here and there to get abilities. You can use these times to test drive a type to see if you like it. Then you play whatever type you like and if you have fun with it, mission accomplished!

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 11:50 PM
If you're really interestesd in working a character to it's fullest abilities, you'll have to change types here and there to get abilities. You can use these times to test drive a type to see if you like it. Then you play whatever type you like and if you have fun with it, mission accomplished!

In other words, mix and match em'?

blace
Aug 4, 2011, 11:52 PM
Pretty much. Some abilities are not available to all types.

Emp
Aug 4, 2011, 11:53 PM
Wow. TBH, I've never played as a CAST in any game yet, and maybe I should give it a shot.

I suggest starting out as VA so you can get used to guns and melee as a Cast, then branching out to either HU or RA depending on what type of combat you really like.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 11:55 PM
I suggest starting out as VA so you can get used to guns and melee as a Cast, then branching out to either HU or RA depending on what type of combat you really like.

I see what you're saying. I'll probably lean towards Ranger, but it'll be good to touch up on all as a CAST.

Mike
Aug 4, 2011, 11:57 PM
In other words, mix and match em'?
No, have fun. If have a maxed out, efficient, 30-30-30-30 (50-50-50-50, max rebirth in Infinity) character is fun for you, then fitting a race to a type is something you'll want to do but if you find that you have fun playing a race and type that may not be perfectly matched, then that's fine too. As long as you're having fun.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Aug 4, 2011, 11:58 PM
I see what you're saying.