PDA

View Full Version : Ramarl: Maxed stats...or an extra 160 - 240 hitpoints?

Elusive_Llama
Mar 17, 2003, 01:15 PM
I was figuring a way to max the stats on my Ramarl, and I came up with 2 different routes.

One way would be to max her stats completely. Always a good thing, but wait...

An alternative way would be to max all of her stats except for MST and DFP, but gaining an additional 160 - 240 hitpoints from God/HPs in my armor slots. The 'MST loss' would be 239, and the 'DFP loss' would be 1.

So which do you guys prefer? I'm leaning towards the latter option because the Ramarl can always use 160 - 240 hp, but I'd like to hear your opinions anyway.

TedEdFred
Mar 17, 2003, 01:30 PM
I'd go for maxed stats I think. Does MST affect shifta/deband? If so it might be more worth it to have higher mst.

Care to share yr maxed stat calculations w/ me? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MonkeyFunky
Mar 17, 2003, 02:02 PM
i'm just curious, but wouldn't one be able to do both?

thanks,

R

scmfxt
Mar 17, 2003, 02:10 PM
Come again? Are using the guide to help you raise your character maxed status? It should be good enough to get the right amount into maxing some of the stats out. But it need a revision to add units that raise stats into the formula. If you use materials in conjunction with units such as */Ability you can maxed out more stats since any less materials not used can be use toward other stats that need them. As for HP materials concerned, they don't count with other materials usage. I think ALL can use addtional 125 HP materials. I'm not quite sure if the number is right since I only did this on my Humar, Hunewearl, Ramarl and Fomar.

Anyways, You shouldn't waste your armor slots for */HP unless you really need them. Your Ramarl will be likely taking out enemy from a distance. So, it should goes toward power and more ata if need it. Or more defense if you always get a close encounter.

Jae
Mar 17, 2003, 02:27 PM
Go with the latter. Shifta and Deband aren't affected by MST and 1 DFP won't kill you.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 17, 2003, 02:42 PM
Maxed stats calc for Ramarl, doing it llama style:

First, here are the differences between level 200 stats and maxed stats.

ATP: 402
DFP: 151
MST: 299
ATA: 24
EVP: 102
LCK: 90

What I do is determine what my char will have in her armor slots (ie. final configuration), while leaving leeway to equip a cure/* unit without too much penalty.

1) Equip God/Arm, God/Ability, God/Ability and God/Battle. You can switch out either the God/Arm or God/Battle (or both) depending on your needs. I like the God/Battle because it makes my already fast-firing Spread Needle into a weapon of mass cheapness, besides you'll see that you won't really need that God/Arm in the end.

2) Eat 25 Luck, 31 Evade, 97 Pow, 97 Mind.

3) Work up a Soniti with DFP 55, POW 84, DEX 28, MIND 33. I'm actually putting 10 too many points into DEX. Yes, that's right...10 points of mag stats are not needed at all to max. So, why not put them into DEX? That way, if you take off the God/Arm to put in a cure/*, you're only short 10 ATA of max.

There you go...maxed stats Ramarl.

My other approach was to:

1) Equip God/Battle, 3 God/HPs.

2) Eat 153 Pow, 51 Evade, 1 Defense (I screwed up and ate one by accident), 45 Luck.

3) Work up a Soniti with DFP 74, POW 48, DEX 48, MIND 30.

This way I get 160 extra hitpoints to play with on my already low hp Ramarl, plus a slot where I can add whatever I wish. I could put a God/HP in there for another 80 hitpoints, or a cure/* (wear a Sacred Cloth if I really have to save a slot and keep off paralysis), or a God/Mind to make up for the MST loss.

Speaking of which, this config means I will be short 239 MST and 1 DFP (assuming I don't equip that God/Mind). I believe MST does not affect S/D/J/Z, so the only tangible loss is less tp and less resta power. I actually don't find myself burning tp very much at all - I have a Geist Laser 40% hit for refilling my tp.

More comments?

edit:

Hmm...EVP is sort of the least important stat for a Ranger, and the Ramarl does get the highest EVP in the game.
Eating 51 Mind mats instead of Evade mats could be a better idea. That way I'm only short 137 MST, 1 DFP and 102 EVP. So my MST would be like 894 and my EVP would be 798. That's respectable, I guess. I'd actually prefer more tp and resta power than 102 EVP points.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2003-03-17 12:09 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Mar 17, 2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah, some of the recommendations in the guides are....not optimal. For example, look at the recommended equipment for hunters. I believe it mentions the labbis canon for Humar, and the Heart of Poumn for Hunewearl.

OMG what??!1
>Newbs

Lavis cannon is a saber! Sabers aren't exactly the best you can obtain. ATP is not everything that makes a weapon good.

Heart of Poumn is a claw! Claws are for those who like pain.

Jae
Mar 17, 2003, 04:34 PM
That's a pretty good calculation, Llama. I maxed out too (without slots), except I completely ignored HP and MST. I find that the 'boosted' Resta you get from having higher MST just isn't worth wasting mag points or mats on. Just my opinion though.

Despite what everyone says about RAs not needing EVP, I still find myself side by side with the HUs shooting off s/d/j/z, tearing up with Mechs or ripping into packs with the Needle. The only time I'm ever really far away is when I'm doing the freeze routine.

VulpesMundi
Mar 17, 2003, 04:51 PM
Well unless you're into trading for dupes, your likeliness of getting a God/Ability is slim to none. God/HP, on the other hand, is easy to get with the right ID. It's more an issue of which is easier to do and whether or not you really need that HP to survive. During regular fights you probably don't need the HP considering a Spread Needle will pretty much keep 90% of the enemies at bay. Just get a Frozen Shooter for the other 10%. The boss battles, however, are the bigger issue. The extra HP might very well be the difference between life and death. You could always just use something other than the God/HPs during basic fights (God/Mind or Cure/* for example) then switch during boss battles.

Oh and you did remember to calculate +2 ATA per God/Ability, right?

Tulathis
Mar 17, 2003, 05:05 PM
Oh and you did remember to calculate +2 ATA per God/Ability, right?

Not to be picky, but it's actually 1.5. I realize it doesn't matter much, but if you're trying to calculate max stats down to the letter, it's worth noting. 4 God/Ability = 6 ATA.

VulpesMundi
Mar 17, 2003, 07:00 PM
You're incorrect. A */Ability's ATA bonus is 1/10 the standard bonus.

Master/Ability is +5 ATP, DFP, MST, EVP, and LCK, so ATA is +0.5.
Hero/Ability is +10 ATP, DFP, MST, EVP, and LCK, so ATA is +1.
God/Ability is +20 ATP, DFP, MST, EVP, and LCK, so ATA is +2.

And yes, God/Ability has been confirmed to be +20 on E1&2.

Tulathis
Mar 18, 2003, 04:09 AM
And yes, God/Ability has been confirmed to be +20 on E1&2.
Have you seen one?

Elusive_Llama
Mar 18, 2003, 09:57 AM
Unless you're freezing things, it's better to be in the mosh pit with the hunters. It's way more fun that way. Besides, it makes it easier for you to turn everything into red mist with your spread needle.

I've stopped using my spread needle in Forest and Caves because it's just no fun when everything dies so fast ;p Now I cast Jellen and use a gungnir.

VulpesMundi
Mar 18, 2003, 12:49 PM
On 2003-03-18 01:09, J-3PO wrote:
Have you seen one?

Yup, but I don't own one. Celes152 and SnAPPLE were the ones who first told me about it. And PSOW now has an E1&2 screenshot (though the description is slightly incorrect, as it doesn't add any HP).

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/god_ability.jpg

scmfxt
Mar 18, 2003, 01:37 PM
On 2003-03-18 09:49, VulpesMundi wrote:

Yup, but I don't own one. Celes152 and SnAPPLE were the ones who first told me about it. And PSOW now has an E1&2 screenshot (though the description is slightly incorrect, as it doesn't add any HP).

The HP is added when you level up (I think). Sorry, I can't confirm this since the HP fluctuate each level raised.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 18, 2003, 01:55 PM
I just thought of something which could throw a wrench in my plans.

Say I hit 200 with my Ramarl and eat all 125 hp mats.

When I equip */hp units at that point, will it add ontop of whatever I have?

VulpesMundi
Mar 18, 2003, 02:03 PM
Units never add permanent stats. Period.

As for your HP, the answer is yes. Technically there isn't a maximum HP/TP. This was really apparent back on ver.1&2 when cheat device users (particularly PKers) would give themselves tens of thousands of HP so they could survive their own death-resta. I've seen screen shots with well over 50000 HP.