PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Is there a "good" method to grinding weapons?

Kinachi Desbo
Aug 12, 2011, 02:57 PM
I tried this morning and here is my results,

http://youtu.be/h2bk--FjNXI

As you can see it didn't really go the way I wanted it to, is there really a "Good" way to grind? Or even a method that seems to work most of the time?

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

DPShiro
Aug 12, 2011, 02:59 PM
Of course there is a good way. Only use +10's. That's it.

oG Epik
Aug 12, 2011, 04:10 PM
Lol or grind 1 or 2 10/10's a day i find it hard to make another 10/10 after my first one

Anna_Wren
Aug 12, 2011, 06:41 PM
Despite what the grind chart says, some weapons are actually easier and some are harder to grind. I found that Nivelhaze is considerably more likely to break than DBs sabers. Creasabras break a lot more than most other 7 star weapons. Magical Wand P is a nightmare to grind, while a Granahodorac is easy.

Some weapons grind so well that you will get a more than few of them to 10. Others seem destined to smash right on the first grind. Anyway, best way to grind is to take about 3 identical weapons with you, do as many grinds at Very High and No fail and then pray. Thats all you can do.

BIG OLAF
Aug 12, 2011, 06:54 PM
All you do is grab a grinder and hit the "A" button. No special tricks, no secrets, no "preferred method." You just do it, and cross your fingers (and toes, if need be).

unicorn
Aug 12, 2011, 09:46 PM
sell your soul to teh devil.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 12, 2011, 11:16 PM
Make sure you have Sonic on the blue deco spot in your room!

milranduil
Aug 13, 2011, 10:25 AM
Despite what the grind chart says, some weapons are actually easier and some are harder to grind. I found that Nivelhaze is considerably more likely to break than DBs sabers. Creasabras break a lot more than most other 7 star weapons. Magical Wand P is a nightmare to grind, while a Granahodorac is easy.

Some weapons grind so well that you will get a more than few of them to 10. Others seem destined to smash right on the first grind. Anyway, best way to grind is to take about 3 identical weapons with you, do as many grinds at Very High and No fail and then pray. Thats all you can do.

What a bunch of utter nonsense...where do you people come up with these absurd claims?

Midori Oku
Aug 13, 2011, 11:34 AM
What a bunch of utter nonsense...where do you people come up with these absurd claims?

The 4th floor.

RedRaz0r
Aug 13, 2011, 11:55 AM
The BEST method to grind is, to use s+7s until the chance starts getting where its uncomfortable to you, then switch to s+10s. When use the +10s, turn off your tv, say a prayer, assume it broke, cry, then turn on the tv. If its broken, your tears are already shed. If it isnt broken, you throw a party, get completely wasted, and then repeat the next day. It's easy really, once you get the hang of it

oG Epik
Aug 13, 2011, 03:41 PM
The BEST method to grind is, to use s+7s until the chance starts getting where its uncomfortable to you, then switch to s+10s. When use the +10s, turn off your tv, say a prayer, assume it broke, cry, then turn on the tv. If its broken, your tears are already shed. If it isnt broken, you throw a party, get completely wasted, and then repeat the next day. It's easy really, once you get the hang of it

Lol i did this today and it makes it so much more suspenseful lol cause u alrdy no how long it takes the bar and the tv clicks on goes black then! BOOM your wep broke and NERD RAGE ALL OVER THERE HOUSE

RedRaz0r
Aug 13, 2011, 04:21 PM
Lol i did this today and it makes it so much more suspenseful lol cause u alrdy no how long it takes the bar and the tv clicks on goes black then! BOOM your wep broke and NERD RAGE ALL OVER THERE HOUSE
Yupp, best method ever

Anna_Wren
Aug 14, 2011, 06:35 AM

Believe what you want. I've done more grinding in this game than I ever care too.
And please, if you haven't noticed the message changes or quirks of the weapons themselves when grinding then I have nothing to say to you.

@ Midori: Ironically, the 4th floor was right about "Black Beast", "Shields", "Human Berserk" and quite a few other batshit insane rumors. Funny, huh? Makes me wonder if Sega was taking the ideas from the game dialog they collected. Prolly not.

Either way, this is not a rumor and I don't give a crap if anyone believes it; I gave my information or "Rumor" and there it is. After all, the grind charts are crap, so is the synth % as anyone who plays this game can tell you. The likelyhood of both are artifically posted higher then they actually are. Course, you two vets should know that but whatever.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Aug 14, 2011, 06:47 AM
It's really very simple, if you're superstitious come up with some hair brained system (or listen to others doesn't matter).

It's based on probability, or dumb luck if you like that term better. Plain and simple

desturel
Aug 14, 2011, 12:07 PM
When use the +10s, turn off your tv, say a prayer, assume it broke, cry, then turn on the tv.

LOL, I've muted the volume and put on music while grinding, but I've never turned the TV off. :)

I normally alternate between a happy song (probably from the 80's like Bobby McFarren's "Don't Worry be Happy" or B2M - Mowtown Philly) and an angry song (normally a rock song like Avenged Sevenfold's "We Come Out At Night" or Rammstein's Benzin). But never anything depressing (like Billie Holiday's “Strange Fruit” or Komm Susser Todd). Although I will play Taps if all of my weapons break.

DeathDragon2332
Aug 14, 2011, 01:36 PM
Lolzz

Orochinagi
Aug 15, 2011, 04:47 AM
Believe what you want. I've done more grinding in this game than I ever care too.
And please, if you haven't noticed the message changes or quirks of the weapons themselves when grinding then I have nothing to say to you.

@ Midori: Ironically, the 4th floor was right about "Black Beast", "Shields", "Human Berserk" and quite a few other batshit insane rumors. Funny, huh? Makes me wonder if Sega was taking the ideas from the game dialog they collected. Prolly not.

Either way, this is not a rumor and I don't give a crap if anyone believes it; I gave my information or "Rumor" and there it is. After all, the grind charts are crap, so is the synth % as anyone who plays this game can tell you. The likelyhood of both are artifically posted higher then they actually are. Course, you two vets should know that but whatever.

Anna, you are actually correct minus the chart being "crap". The chart is more of a general "basis" if you will that applies to the actual grinder applications themselves. For those who mention it being "completely random", that is only partially true. The randomization of grinding is also a variable to the whole ensemble of percentages that actually complete each individual grinding process. Each weapon TYPE has different randomization percentages as well as each notice (very good, low chance, fifty-fifty). These are more like simplistic figurative equations that you apply to the weapon (fifty-fifty can be equivalent to 50%-59% on this game). Then there photon fortune aka "luck" as a very low percentile variable. Lastly, the weapon itself. If you try to grind the same weapon (individual ones) multiple times, the same exact way, you will find that some break on the same grind a lot more often each time, as well as being successful each time. When you become familiar with the weapon and its success rate, it is very likely that you can get it to 10/10 multiples times. The grinders themselves are not exactly S+1 thru S+10, that's were the slight gimmick comes into play and are actual representations of miniscule randomized percentages within each 10's of numbers (I.E.- S+10 could be 60%-69% *this isn't the actual representation of S+10*), so essentially there are more like 5 actual grinders so to speak. I know this may be difficult for many to understand, but there is a lot of mathematics involved with this feature on this game. Some of my references on this are based on being an computer programmer/game designer and personal experience of the game.

I would like to add that almost EVERYTHING that I've gotten to 10/10, I've hardly EVER used S+10's or finished the last grind with one. If S+7 and S+10 both say "very good chance", I use the lesser grinder as they are likely to have the same chance.

Tip: To try to keep this "PG" as possible, grinding is like making love to various people. Not everyone (weapon) likes the rough stuff or "cutting straight to the chase"(high grinders) all the time or the whole time. Some will be just as satisfied or better with mediocre grinders. Some won't.

GEE SAN
Aug 26, 2011, 12:23 PM
S+11 are the best

Pown@ge
Oct 12, 2011, 04:39 PM
The 4th floor.

lol i know, right.

Shou
Oct 13, 2011, 07:33 PM
The secret to Grinding is:

[SPOILER-BOX]Guardian$ Ca$h[/SPOILER-BOX]

Midori Oku
Oct 13, 2011, 09:13 PM
The secret to Grinding is:

[SPOILER-BOX]Guardian$ Ca$h[/SPOILER-BOX]

Agreed! ^^

Too bad 360 does not have Guardians Cash. I would abuse the shit out of it, if we did. :(

Anna_Wren
Oct 13, 2011, 11:38 PM
Guardians cash is pretty much for losers who have to pay a lot extra to get grinded weapons.
Its also pretty good proof that people will pay real life money for basically NOTHING, stuff they can get for free and should be the point of the game. Nope, they just want to waste cash on stupid crap.

Midori Oku
Oct 14, 2011, 02:01 AM
Guardians cash is pretty much for losers who have to pay a lot extra to get grinded weapons.
Its also pretty good proof that people will pay real life money for basically NOTHING, stuff they can get for free and should be the point of the game. Nope, they just want to waste cash on stupid crap.
Why do you care if people like to spend real money to on stuff in a game they enjoy to have more fun? Shouldn't people be able to spend their hard earned money on what they want? Now I can agree that it is stupid to over use it. Using it on stuff like Double Cannons, Rutsularods, Grandias, etc... is fine just because they are good and really rare. If you think about it, it is basically no different than paying for DLC.

Cleptomaniac
Oct 14, 2011, 02:34 PM

Do you gamble in real life? Do you buy bottled water? Do you buy alcohol? These are just a few examples that show people spending real life money for 'basically nothing' and they are just as foolish as your examples. If people enjoy playing the game and spending their hard-earned money, why should you, or anyone else, have anything against them for it?

HappyPenguin
Oct 21, 2011, 07:48 PM
We do what we do...
Its MUCH more fun that way.....

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 26, 2011, 12:21 AM
this thread made my day :p

Keilyn
Oct 26, 2011, 01:38 AM
The thing about Guardians Cash (and speaking as a person who plays in PSUJP from time to time) is what SEGA actually does with it.

In Events SEGA will release some Fancy and Powerful weapon. What then happens is that through Guardians Cash a stronger weapon is actually released usually during a grind boost. Players Gamble their money away to get these weapons in "Legacy of Light" runs and then grind them using GC.

What then happens is that usually in 2 - 6 weeks another weapon is released which cancels out your effort. Sure, its nice to have a 10/10 weapon, but the reason one has a 10/10 weapon outside of full custom power is to make a top weapon even stronger.

In every major economy where a stronger currency (GC > Meseta) has controlled a weaker currency, the weaker currency has lost its value to the stronger and thus become dependent on it. Now the demand is that unless your weapon or armor is a top item, you must grind a weapon to 8/10 - 10/10 or top armor to 40% in order to have it sold for something to have it worth anything.

Now there is a reason why I complain about this each and every time.

When you purchase a product in the real world, a warranty usually comes with it. There is no guarantee in online gaming because no server is going to run forever as no product will exist forever. However, the in-game items bought in PSU have no warranty because there is a chance you won't get what you want. Players will testify in making many runs in Legacy of Light for particular weapons and not finding the drops they want, or grinding weapons to 8/10 just to have them broken going to 9 or 10.

Second Reason I make this argument on GC itself is simply because while its true kids can take credit cards from their parents and those who have some dependencies can play. What about fully independent people?

I have to pay monthly bills on a mortgage for my house. I pay utilities such as Water, Gas, Electricity. I also have to maintain my car and keep it GASed up. On top of that my computers cost a lot of money and on top of it I have to pay money to maintain an Internet Connection, along with monthly fees to the games which apply and pay for my games.

...just so someone tosses me something that says "Its ok to pay a monthly fee, but if you won't give me your money, then others who are willing to give me their money will buy an advantage" and this really hurts when it comes to PvP games where one can use the advantage. Hurts also in PSU because if you find a RARE weapon and grind it to 10/10 and then want to sell it, players are smart enough to know they can wait for the GC equivalent and then you will be forced to rip yourself off to make a deal to make money.

The same money spent on buying food like Eggs, Milk and Bread are spent towards grinding weapons. To run a Legacy of Light - A costs more than buying an Egg Mcmuffin meal at McDonalds where I live. I didn't mention above that I also have to pay bills for having a Cell Phone, and then there is buying Food Each week so I don't starve to death.

I rather buy sweat pants and sweat shirts for $3 - $5 each at Walmart that are super comfortable and make for good sleeping clothes than to spend the same on a Gatchan to try to get digital clothes for my digital girls.

Seriously, PSU sounds like a game where SEGA tries to get males to fall in love with their digital girls to have them spend money on their girls rather than actually go out and find a real girlfriend and get into a real relationship where good or bad at least there is interaction vs the imaginary thoughts some of these Japanese Males have on PSUJP to literally ask other males if they would like to Cyber-Sex between characters in an imaginary fuckage of each other's female characters.

Of course that's just me.

You could agree with me and declare me a loser, but out of love I write this post or I wouldn't spend my time. Seriously, if you must play 8 - 14 hours a day to feel satisfied to a game when there are millions of things you can do in the world, I feel really sorry for you because I expect more from you, and I do believe each person is capable of so much more.....

~Keilyn

str898mustang
Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM
Blah Blah Blah
~Keilyn

I pay bills, buy food, pay internet connection, ect and sh!t. Do you see me complaining?

and as Jess pointed out a while back 85% of the weapons that drop are better than the Guadians Cash weapons.

Keilyn
Oct 29, 2011, 03:29 PM
The future of PSU is based on how well (or bad) PSO-2 does.

As it stands PSUJP is an F2P game which charges you a premium course to have access to the base content (as well as 2 other channels) and even with that, you don't have access to the full content unless you pay GC to get that content counting costumes and weapons.

At least in Dragon Nest I have access to the full content and the cash shop items help and dont give you an advantage in the game. So I don't have to pay a MONTHLY FEE in order to have access to all the base content and zones in the entire game.

I am not stating PSU is a horrible game as I still play it under premium course, but when I take population into account and the things I can do in both games...

PSUJP = less than 250K accounts, and has been out for five years. No PvP, Instanced, No Challenge Zones (unless you consider ohtori a challenge). F2P + Cash Shop, Limited Access unless a monthly fee is paid. Directly In Japan

Dragon Nest = Over 60 million accounts, has been out for 2 years. PvP exists, Instanced, Challenge Zones made for Solo Players and Parties. F2P + Cash Shop, No monthly Fee, Full Zone Access. Localized in several nations now. IP block to those outside region.

I play both games and I find the only good thing about PSU is the weapon graphics, PA animation and Character Animation/Graphics. Everything else to the game sucks.

.Rusty.
Oct 29, 2011, 03:39 PM
You think PSU Graphics are good? o.0

Ilikelamp7
Oct 29, 2011, 04:17 PM
I like how you just compared two completely different games.

str898mustang
Oct 29, 2011, 05:38 PM
The future of PSU is based on how well (or bad) PSO-2 does.

As it stands PSUJP is an F2P game which charges you a premium course to have access to the base content (as well as 2 other channels) and even with that, you don't have access to the full content unless you pay GC to get that content counting costumes and weapons.

At least in Dragon Nest I have access to the full content and the cash shop items help and dont give you an advantage in the game. So I don't have to pay a MONTHLY FEE in order to have access to all the base content and zones in the entire game.

I am not stating PSU is a horrible game as I still play it under premium course, but when I take population into account and the things I can do in both games...

PSUJP = less than 250K accounts, and has been out for five years. No PvP, Instanced, No Challenge Zones (unless you consider ohtori a challenge). F2P + Cash Shop, Limited Access unless a monthly fee is paid. Directly In Japan

Dragon Nest = Over 60 million accounts, has been out for 2 years. PvP exists, Instanced, Challenge Zones made for Solo Players and Parties. F2P + Cash Shop, No monthly Fee, Full Zone Access. Localized in several nations now. IP block to those outside region.

I play both games and I find the only good thing about PSU is the weapon graphics, PA animation and Character Animation/Graphics. Everything else to the game sucks.

wouldn't happen to be related to the PSO-W user Tetsaru would ya? Cuz both of yall bitch about the same damn topics.

Keilyn
Oct 29, 2011, 06:42 PM
@Orius

Not really. I wouldn't know.

@ILikeLamp7

I wouldn't compare two completely different games. They both instance missions by going to a counter and picking the mission at a difficulty level and instancing the map. The difference is that your skills are class linked and the story of the game is in the actual game and not in "story mode"

----------------------------------------------------------

oh btw...London is quite nice. I recently went through London and visited a friend who lives in Wiltshire and spent some time in Somerset. (I like going by county/city names when I go places)

I couldn't help but laugh when I was in Stonehenge thinking of the movie spinal-tap. ^_^

Well enough of me, Off I go! ^_^

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 30, 2011, 06:43 PM
I like how you just compared two completely different games.
lets compare PSU to WOW while at it