KrimsonIsForever
Aug 14, 2011, 12:55 PM
Why??

ashley50
Aug 14, 2011, 01:16 PM
Get out.

KrimsonIsForever
Aug 14, 2011, 01:45 PM
if your not willing to help the out lameos because half of you hacked to get to lvl 200 so dont act like Im doing wrong to ask so GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

blace
Aug 14, 2011, 02:24 PM
if your not willing to help the out lameos because half of you hacked to get to lvl 200 so dont act like Im doing wrong to ask so GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a hackers help then you looked at the wrong place. Just about everyone here bought and supports the game series, while hackers take away profit and download it illegally. In case you haven't read the rules hacking is not taken lightly and is not encouraged.

Gintoki-kun
Aug 14, 2011, 03:18 PM

How would you know if we were all hacked to Lv200,don't be such a scrub and read the forum rules first.

raijz
Aug 14, 2011, 03:32 PM

Most of the people here who are 200 worked for it.

Temprus
Aug 14, 2011, 04:10 PM
I'm really tired of seeing people say for trolls to stay on gamefaqs. REALLY tired of it. People act as if there aren't trolls on every site. Take a stroll down the PSO2 or PSU boards for instance. Seriously, get over yourselves. Gamefaqers are not all trolls; nor do we wish to be identified as such.

Boney010
Aug 14, 2011, 04:16 PM
I don't understand... Why don't you just make a party and ask for hacks like all the other scrubs. Tell me this though... Why exactly do you want to get hacked? If you suck in the game people are gonna boot you regardless of level.

Temprus
Aug 14, 2011, 04:23 PM
^^; You know he's just picking fun at all those rooms right? The first clue was the smiley. The second was calling them lameos.

EvilMag
Aug 14, 2011, 04:24 PM

Oh you.

blace
Aug 14, 2011, 04:26 PM
I'm really tired of seeing people say for trolls to stay on gamefaqs. REALLY tired of it. People act as if there aren't trolls on every site. Take a stroll down the PSO2 or PSU boards for instance. Seriously, get over yourselves. Gamefaqers are not all trolls; nor do we wish to be identified as such.
Not to say it's all bad, but majority of its userbase tends to rear the ugly side and that is what gets the attention. Only a few parts of it is still respectable like the player guides and those that actually do more than just troll, but it's always the ugly that attravts attention.

Temprus
Aug 14, 2011, 04:30 PM
Not to say it's all bad, but majority of its userbase tends to rear the ugly side and that is what gets the attention. Only a few parts of it is still respectable like the player guides and those that actually do more than just troll, but it's always the ugly that attravts attention.

Again, no. It's not a majority at all. There are troll hives, sure, but most boards do their best to mark for moderation any actual trolls that become a bother.

raijz
Aug 14, 2011, 04:31 PM

There are so many trolls on gamefaqs its ridiculous.

Zynetic
Aug 14, 2011, 04:33 PM
The fact that alot of people believe PSO-World is a board full of trolls or not-too-bright people must mean something.

Basically, Blace is still correct (I don't know about the majority, I don't lurk GameFAQs much): The ugly ones attract attention, and the normal people are just lumped in with the others. The 'x site is full of trolls' can really be applied to anywhere if all you do is take notice of the bad and the ugly.

blace
Aug 14, 2011, 04:34 PM
Again, no. It's not a majority at all. There are troll hives, sure, but most boards do their best to mark for moderation any actual trolls that become a bother.
From a recent look it looks like it's been happening more often though.

StriderTuna
Aug 14, 2011, 05:14 PM
Depends on the board in question; the misc. ones and the popular game ones are most prone to having more trolls. The FE boards on the other hand have FE elitists who have the warped impression that any progressiveness would be bad for FE, you know the series which has been using dated mechanics.

IsaacGravity
Aug 14, 2011, 05:34 PM
Funny thing is, the folks over at the PSPo2 sect in GFaqs would go BALLISTIC if the TC went and asked this there. Hackers a major taboo there. They're just not afraid to burn them at the stake/ridicule the minute the word has been mentioned for better or worse.

Gintoki-kun
Aug 14, 2011, 07:16 PM
Funny thing is, the folks over at the PSPo2 sect in GFaqs would go BALLISTIC if the TC went and asked this there. Hackers a major taboo there. They're just not afraid to burn them at the stake/ridicule the minute the word has been mentioned for better or worse.

I feel like doing this to see their comments.

Jiero
Aug 14, 2011, 08:54 PM

I'm reading it as (and it was painful to wrap my head around this)
"if your not willing to help then you are lame-os . Because half of you hacked to get to lvl 200, dont act like I'm wrong to ask. so GET OUT!"

^^; You know he's just picking fun at all those rooms right? The first clue was the smiley. The second was calling them lameos.

It took me a while to read the butchery the tc made of the english (well any actually) language, but I finally managed to understand what he was intending to say. Really though, out of the baker's dozen of languages I've managed to learn or all my time as a student ambassador... I've never even encountered one with such a lack of punctuation.

TBH, I hope it was just some bored kid looking for a way to entertain himself though reading the rage he perceived he would encounter here from such a thread. In fact I pray that it is just a troll thread... because that lack of grammar and punctuation is extremely disturbing to me. The thought that a person with the claim of english as a native language would seriously type that mess scares the hell out of me regarding the future of the human race.

blace
Aug 14, 2011, 09:06 PM
Y SO SRS!?

It's unfortunate, but this is how majority of the english speaking community speaks in online gaming. Provides a shorter way to express themselves as well as telling others of their needs or wants in a community.

Jiero
Aug 14, 2011, 09:13 PM
Sadly, I am forced to agree on it being rather common among those who frequent online games.

But... it still stands that the proliferation of such thought terminating cliches and the outright neutering of an individual's language comprehension actually limits their capacity to not only communicate complex ideas but in theory also limits one's ability to even form such thoughts in the first place. I simply cannot understand why anyone would limit themselves in such as way, let alone why it is so commonplace today. There was a very specific reason this concept is central behind the plots of the books "1984" and "A Brave New World", and that makes it difficult to grasp why anyone would willing accept such a state of existence.

blace
Aug 14, 2011, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure if it's the case, but cell phone services, about 5-7 years ago would charge for the length or text messages. On the other hand it might be due to how awkward it sounds to say, "I'm laughing right now" as opposed to lol. Whatever the reason for this, it's beyond repair.