PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a Xbox 360 Controller for PSO Blue Burst

Littleman88
Aug 15, 2011, 11:58 AM
Hey is it possible to use a Xbox 360 Controller for PSO Blue Burst and if it is how do I get it to work (like do i have to install anything)

LynxSarnage
Aug 15, 2011, 01:39 PM
It should be possible yes, but it has to be a PC Xbox 360 pad, not a standard 360 Pad as they are not compatable with any PC game at all. But yes, if its a PC 360 pad it should work no prob. As for installing it, it should be usb so just plug it in and away you go. You'll probably need to rearrange the control map to suit your liking once your in the game but thats it.

Orochinagi
Aug 16, 2011, 05:12 AM
Yes, the regular standard wired Xbox 360 pad does work for PC. The wireless one works as well if you buy an addtional accessory and they work on just about any game on PC. I am currently using one now.

Genoa
Aug 30, 2011, 11:21 PM
Xbox 360 controllers (wired) are PnP (Plug-n-play)
Since it's Xbox is Microsoft, and so is Windows...
The controller should automatically install the Xbox360 driver to your computer when you plug it in.

As far as a wireless one, you would need something like this http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver/dp/B003WFYZCY

Highly recommend just getting a wired one.
No batteries and honestly... who sits more than 6-feet away from their computer anyways? Who cares ;_;

The only tricky part is you would probably need to find a 3rd Party driver to utilize the back Axis Triggers on the controller as Buttons.
By default, Windows programs the LT and RT as an Axis (like the Analog sticks) so to make them work as a Button... you might need 3rd party assistance.
Regardless, I find no use in LT / RT for PSO.

@Yo
Aug 30, 2011, 11:37 PM
Yes, but the controller need pc entry

Orochinagi
Aug 31, 2011, 01:56 AM
Que??

SELENNA
Sep 4, 2011, 12:04 AM
You can also use a PS3 controller. I play Blue Burst using one wired to a USB port. I'm sure it will also work for a 360 controller. Although for my PS3 controller I need to load a program once so it is detected by my laptop.

Genoa
Sep 5, 2011, 01:53 AM
I tried the PS3 controller for PC for some time, and for most games it was just incredibly too sensitive on the analog sticks. The deadzone, by default for PC, is too small and the slightest move of the analog stick will activate. I tried looking for a 3rd party driver that would allow me to customize the deadzone... but I have found nothing.

So far my favorite PC gamepads are Xbox360 and Logitech F510

BAmofobomo
Sep 11, 2011, 07:17 PM
I use a wired 360 for mine when playing BB. If it doesnt work after saying it has been sucessfully installed on your pc go to microsoft and look under game pads. They have a download for the wired 360 controller just put in your pc information then it should work. Thats what i had to do to mine. As said above you will have to go to menu in the game and redo the controls on it the way you please.