PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 sometimes i wonder if i should just be a melee fo......

Alisha
Aug 18, 2011, 07:47 PM
when im playing with my human vanguard with a few exceptions(blace/mikella,lazy knight/Evan,Maemi) it seems like im the only one actively trying to keep S/D up at all times or heal people. and a lot of people make me chase them around to cast it so sometimes its easier to just tag stuff with zalure so i can actually get exp. at least with lvl 3 s/d i would have more time to engage in combat? maybe?

*ponders*

Emp
Aug 18, 2011, 07:53 PM
You could melee as FO but you'll need to block and dodge more cause of weak DEF and MND. I just say dont worry about buffing others that much. Buff yourself and go hit something. Leave the majority of buffing to the FOs in the party.

blace
Aug 18, 2011, 08:09 PM
You just need to find that central spot where you're able to get everyone. Small rooms are easy to situate yourself, but large rooms make this a rather time consuming task. If someone is out of range whereas there are a few people close enough to buff/heal focus on them. On the the hand if the furthest member is having difficulty focus on that individual.

But it's usually finding that one spot that will affect everyone.

Alisha
Aug 18, 2011, 08:32 PM
You could melee as FO but you'll need to block and dodge more cause of weak DEF and MND. I just say dont worry about buffing others that much. Buff yourself and go hit something. Leave the majority of buffing to the FOs in the party.

lol what fo's? i can count on 1 hand the amount of fo's ive played with and have a finger left.

Zynetic
Aug 18, 2011, 08:38 PM
Maybe it's because FOs are goddamn awful in PSP2.

Well, maybe not, but from my experience they are.

Miki~
Aug 18, 2011, 08:48 PM
I would recommend not trying to chase people down to be healed. If they don't want to be healed, then don't heal. Sometmes people will anit up which prevents buffing. Zalure is good for tagging enemies for exp. Sometimes when I played in vanilla everyone would kill things before I couild hit them, so I try to stay in front and then get zalure in beforehand.

raijz
Aug 18, 2011, 08:57 PM
I would only suggest meleeing with FO if you have SY+Bugei since they make up for your attack and accuracy.

Masterflower
Aug 18, 2011, 08:57 PM
I would recommend not trying to chase people down to be healed. If they don't want to be healed, then don't heal. Sometmes people will anit up which prevents buffing. Zalure is good for tagging enemies for exp. Sometimes when I played in vanilla everyone would kill things before I couild hit them, so I try to stay in front and then get zalure in beforehand.

This. Usually I would cast stuff if theres a real need for it, if things die too fast, then theres really no point because the party isnt struggling.

Alisha
Aug 18, 2011, 09:00 PM
anti up is garbage....you would need more than one wich isnt really possible without cheating since its a title reward.

Shifta (ATP/TP Boost)

lvl 1-10 = 11%
lvl 11-20 = 15%
lvl 21-30 = 19%

Deband (DFP/MST/EVP)

lvl 1-10 = 38%
lvl 11-20 = 43%
lvl 21-30 = 48%

Jellen (ATP/TP Down)

lvl 1-10 = 5%
lvl 11-20 = 7%
lvl 21-30 = 9%

Zalure (DFP/MST/EVP Down)

lvl 1-10 = 21%
lvl 11-20 = 23%
lvl 21-30 = 25%

so you wouldnt need much dfp/eva for deband to outperform anti up plus ou would be missing out on the acc boost from shifta.

if i was serious about being a melee fo it would probally be as a beast.

Gintoki-kun
Aug 18, 2011, 09:42 PM
So how much toward ATK and DEF does S/D add to on each lv? I am too lazy to do the calculations.

Messy_Mike
Aug 19, 2011, 05:05 AM
anti up is garbage....you would need more than one wich isnt really possible without cheating since its a title reward.

so you wouldnt need much dfp/eva for deband to outperform anti up plus ou would be missing out on the acc boost from shifta.

if i was serious about being a melee fo it would probally be as a beast.

Anti Up is great. You can leave it unequipped on one armor and switch to that armor to buff (or temporarily unequip your armor altogether, but then you lose any progress on your SUV/Mirage blast guage). It's really not a hassle as you shouldn't be stopping to cast S/D in the heat of battle anyways, very few spawns in the entire game take more than 2 minutes to kill and you should be buffing between rooms. One Anti Up is basically worth two Feril Legs and 2 Feril Bodies, and that's all in one unit.

There is no Acc bonus for Shifta, iirc. Zalure lowers enemy evp, though, so maybe that's what you were thinking of.

I'd recommend Human over Beast, just because a Beast Fo has the lowest acc out of any race/type combo in the game, and you'll definitely want a bit more for Twin Handgun chaining and not whiffing on entire DS combos. Trust me.