PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 how to get different ending?

xenon0002
Aug 27, 2011, 12:16 PM
for normal ending:
is it enough just to answer wrong questions? or do i have to have low ranks on all story missions?

for good ending:
all good answers and 1 a rank story mission?

for best ending:
everything of course.

is that right?

Zynetic
Aug 27, 2011, 12:23 PM
In game, there's a secret "Emilia affection" counter (or something along these lines) that goes up or down whenever you choose a dialogue option. The lower/higher this is, the worse/better the ending you receive.

To get all three endings, I just did something like this:

Bad Ending (why it's called normal I'll never know): Blast through normal mode. Forget S-Ranking missions (you'll get some S-Ranks, it doesn't matter) and choose random dialogue options.

Normal Ending ('Good'): Go back and S-Rank all the missions you didn't get while picking all the correct dialogue options, then repeat Chapter 10.

Best Ending: S-Rank everything in Hard while picking all the correct dialogue options. (Make sure you spam 5-2 for a rainbow set of Weaves, too.) You're more or less guaranteed the ending since the counter crosses over from normal, and it'll increase enough through your Hard playthrough.

While you can get the Best ending in normal, spamming story missions = zzz.

Murlocking
Aug 27, 2011, 12:23 PM
for normal ending:
is it enough just to answer wrong questions? or do i have to have low ranks on all story missions?

for good ending:
all good answers and 1 a rank story mission?

for best ending:
everything of course.

is that right?

Use this for best ending. Get S-Ranks on all missions and do side-quests.
http://psp2.psupedia.info/Story_missions, look for How to get a better ending.

For good ending just choose the first option everytime.

For normal ending choose the bad answers.

or what he said lol!

Temprus
Aug 27, 2011, 12:40 PM
In game, there's a secret "Emilia affection" counter (or something along these lines) that goes up or down whenever you choose a dialogue option. The lower/higher this is, the worse/better the ending you receive.

To get all three endings, I just did something like this:

Bad Ending (why it's called normal I'll never know): Blast through normal mode. Forget S-Ranking missions (you'll get some S-Ranks, it doesn't matter) and choose random dialogue options.

Normal Ending ('Good'): Go back and S-Rank all the missions you didn't get while picking all the correct dialogue options, then repeat Chapter 10.

Best Ending: S-Rank everything in Hard while picking all the correct dialogue options. (Make sure you spam 5-2 for a rainbow set of Weaves, too.) You're more or less guaranteed the ending since the counter crosses over from normal, and it'll increase enough through your Hard playthrough.

While you can get the Best ending in normal, spamming story missions = zzz.

Umm... you can get the best ending in normal. You don't have to do hard. And doing the way you claimed for the normal ending will likely net you the best ending.

Zynetic
Aug 27, 2011, 01:01 PM
What I described there was exactly what I did to get all three endings. The method I described for the normal ending won't get you doing every mission again (as you will have obtained quite a few S-Ranks, especially for the timed missions, as I'm not saying deliberately get a bad ranking, just don't go out of your way to get a good ranking), which is why you'll get the normal ending.

And I know you can get the best ending in normal. I just don't recommend it because replaying normal is killer. X_X

Temprus
Aug 27, 2011, 01:10 PM
What I described there was exactly what I did to get all three endings. The method I described for the normal ending won't get you doing every mission again (as you will have obtained quite a few S-Ranks, especially for the timed missions, as I'm not saying deliberately get a bad ranking, just don't go out of your way to get a good ranking), which is why you'll get the normal ending.

And I know you can get the best ending in normal. I just don't recommend it because replaying normal is killer. X_X

Oh right! You mentioned only redoing some missions! Duh. Sorry.

xenon0002
Aug 27, 2011, 01:34 PM
ok, thanks.

i asked the question, because i have the best and good ending already, i just wanted to have the normal one. so just bad answers are not good enough, i have to get bad ranked missions.... thats a hard one, since its against my will :D

asked about the other two just to make this threat a little bit more "informative" in case some one new want to have a look.

and zynetic really want me to get the rainbow set :D he already told me twice to do that in the other two threads :) thx.

Masterflower
Aug 27, 2011, 05:12 PM
From my understanding of completing the Story mode many times... Its impossible to get the best ending in normal mode w/o having to do a few Hard missions. I S rank everything and picked all the right choices and still got the normal ending. To make sure you got the best ending, S rank both normal and hard missions with the right choices for both.

Murlocking
Aug 27, 2011, 06:01 PM
From my understanding of completing the Story mode many times... Its impossible to get the best ending in normal mode w/o having to do a few Hard missions. I S rank everything and picked all the right choices and still got the normal ending. To make sure you got the best ending, S rank both normal and hard missions with the right choices for both.

Lol that's because you didn't do the side-quests.

It's impossible to get Best Ending on second playthrough without doing them.