PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions (PS2)

Rapth
Aug 29, 2011, 01:04 AM
I just simply had a few questions about the PS2 Slim console. Hopefully they can be answered here. :P

1. Recently the power went out at my house. I was in my room, playing my PS2, and my dad was in the other room using his PS3.... The power did not fully go out, it only powered off the PS2, PS3, and the TV I was using. :P It went out for only a second, and came back on, everything seemed normal. The red light on the PS2 came on, same with the PS3. Now I was simply wondering, could the power suddenly going out, powering off the systems, cause any damage at all? Neither system was writing, or loading data. (Keep in mind I am mostly concerned with the PS2 system, and not the PS3. PS2 is used way more often.)

2. Also, I was wondering, if it were good or bad to turn the PS2 on, and off several times throughout a day. Not necessarily in a row. For example, I played my PS2 for three hours, turned it off, than a few hours later I decided I wanted to play again. Played another hour, a storm rolled in. Turned it off in case of a power outage, didn't want my system powered off a second time in a row. Anyways, was simply wondering if it mattered how frequently I turned the system on and off.

3. I have a Maxell cd cleaning disk... I was just wondering if I would be able to use this in my PS2. The disk its self is a CD, with bristles on it to clean the lazer eye. Was wondering since the PS2 uses DVD'S, was wondering if this would work.

Thanks in advance for all answers, they are much appreciated. If you need a clearer explanation on any question, please ask, and I will do my best to clear it up... Thanks again. :P