PDA

View Full Version : Orans

HaLLa
Mar 18, 2003, 12:35 AM
any Orans out there? I dont see many. Also if so what kinda stuff do you find. Thanks

Guntz348
Mar 18, 2003, 04:00 AM
I'm oran, and all I find is cross scars. Worst ID ever. The best thing I've gotten is an Aura Field. Best advice is to play with others and have them make the game.

Dominic
Mar 18, 2003, 05:51 AM
Im ORAN and i've got a inferno bazooka and a yamato+26! and the wern't hard to find!

neko-chan
Mar 18, 2003, 06:57 AM
ORAN isn't that bad. Actually you can find daggers as primary find and sword as secondary.

In addition you get the chance to find other useful stuff listed here (http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=8).

Personally, I found an AURA FIELD, a STAR AMPLIFIER and a RED PARTISAN, which is really good.

However, it's all up to your fighting style: if you don't like the stuff you get from a certain ID, you should create another chara with different ID that fits you needs.

As for me, being a Mechguns whore, I'd like to change my ORAN to PURPLENUM right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-03-18 04:00 ]</font>

Advinus
Mar 18, 2003, 11:50 AM
i have a Oran Hucast and it is a great id. it just all depends on what type of weapons you like and what type of charecter you are.

Jae
Mar 18, 2003, 12:02 PM
I've got an Oran HU too, but she has long since been retired. I'd say it's a pretty bad ID if that's your only character. The daggers are good early on, but when you hit Ultimate they become very underpowered.

There are a few choice finds for Oran as well as some really good armor, but if you're looking for good swords or twin swords you're not going to find anything useful.

But if you're using Oran to work together with another character with a different Section ID, then Oran is actually pretty good.

*edit* I forgot you also asked what we found. The best things I ever found on Oran were Star Amplifier, Guard Wave and Twin Chakrams. Beyond that, I accumulated a whole treasury of Cross Scars, Dragon Slayers and fake Flowens Swords. Bleh. 0_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-03-18 09:11 ]</font>

lockeboy
Mar 18, 2003, 12:25 PM
Did you forget the Olga DNA? o_O

Jae
Mar 18, 2003, 12:38 PM
On 2003-03-18 09:25, lockeboy wrote:
Did you forget the Olga DNA? o_O

Parasitic Gene Flow is one of the most worthless items in the game IMO. I could do more damage with my 50% hit 'common' gatling than anyone could ever hope to do with a Dark Flow or Dark Meteor. The Dark Bridge is somewhat useful, but the random status effects (including instant death) just aren't worth it.

Besides, who said Oran is the only ID that gets the Gene? Last I heard, the Gene that got mass duped came from a Whitill game. But let's not open that can of worms again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-03-18 09:41 ]</font>

Zae
Mar 18, 2003, 01:17 PM
yeah Oran went from being the best section id to the worst

Blue-Hawk
Mar 18, 2003, 05:18 PM
On 2003-03-18 03:57, neko-chan wrote:

As for me, being a Mechguns whore, I'd like to change my ORAN to PURPLENUM right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-03-18 04:00 ]</font>

trust me when i say this... NO YOU DONT! i love my lv 137 ramarl, but i hate the id. and i dont want to throw all those levels away. besides, i still have an aura field to make. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
lv 152 needed only. i got the spirit garment, the addslots i needed and the magoc rock moola. well, ok maybe purplenum isnt all that bad i guess. but oran blows the big one.

neko-chan
Mar 18, 2003, 05:25 PM
On 2003-03-18 14:18, blue-hawk wrote:
trust me when i say this... NO YOU DONT!

I don't know. Recently, I played online V-Hard Temple under PURPLENUM ID. In less than 45 mins I found a TWIN PSYCHOGUN, a VARISTA (never seen one before on GCN ^_^;) and another rare Mech (not the L&K, maybe the JUSTY).

For V-Hard twas pretty good. Also, the only weapon Neko is using right now (and since, maybe, her last 30 levels) is a L&K 30% Hit given by SnAPPLE.

Para
Mar 18, 2003, 06:12 PM
mmm it sounds that oran was too powerful in dcv2/pc??
honestly i havent found much good items in my pc version... maybe my red weapons and my pair of red daggers.. and imperial pick but thats all..

jeramia
Mar 18, 2003, 06:13 PM
well oran really isnt the worse at all i beleive oran finds a great deal of weapons, its just not really known because most of it is either armour or doubles i mean it isnt the worste either but it isnt the best.

Yumenokitsune
Mar 18, 2003, 06:59 PM
I have an Oran Hunewearl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
I think Oran is a GREAT section ID..I found a bunch of neat stuff in NORMAL mode ::nod:: My Oran character seems to find things A LOT easier than the other..7 characters on the 2 memory cards..well..6..because there is ONE other Oran ^_~

TheHulk4
Mar 18, 2003, 07:05 PM
Don't forget that Oran is the only ID that is able to obtain the highly sought after Prophet's of Motav

Savrak
Mar 19, 2003, 01:58 AM
Oran has gone from best to worst. Awesome ID in verison 1. Then V.2 came out and we didn't find anything. now on GC we're baried under bloody arts and cross scars. At least we can still find our original uber-rare. Twin Brand from a Hildelt in VR Temple Ulitimate.

jeramia
Mar 19, 2003, 05:13 PM
see what i mean. were not to bad

Para
Mar 19, 2003, 06:25 PM
oran does find some nice armours.... i found a 4 slot parasite wear negal

klepto
Mar 19, 2003, 06:51 PM
I personally am a purplenum and would not recommend it unless you like to do a lot of leveling in the process of finding not that rare weps. But my level 15 HUcast friend whos an oran has already found a Pdrop. Which I didnt find till about 60 hours.