PDA

View Full Version : PSP chargers..

Emp
Sep 1, 2011, 10:10 PM
Any recommendations on psp charging cords? Links or places for a few good ones would be helpful. Also any good ways you suggest in taking good care of them?

My psp charger cord came with my psp brand new last September and its already showing a kink right where the power box or whatever it is. Im thinking about going back to using the psp charger cord I bought from Gamestop but want to hear some suggestions.

FOkyasuta
Sep 1, 2011, 10:34 PM
Gamestops been my choice for stuff... Cause i have no idea why'd you wait a week for a charger. Then again buying stuff like that off of other has came up once in a while for me when im desperate.

EvilMag
Sep 1, 2011, 10:52 PM
I've been using my new charger which is a gamestop one. One advice, had a USB extender cause the gamestop chargers have very short USB cords.

Emp
Sep 1, 2011, 10:58 PM
I've been using my new charger which is a gamestop one. One advice, had a USB extender cause the gamestop chargers have very short USB cords.

USB extender? o.o

EvilMag
Sep 1, 2011, 11:22 PM
The Gamestop plug in has a USB port on it. You get a USb cord with it. You can connect it to that or your computer. Problem is that it's small so get those USB extenders (Which is this: http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/CC2210-06_LR.jpg) and you'll find fun not putting your PSP on the floor because of the small cord.

I'm sorry I confused you, i'm too tired.

Emp
Sep 1, 2011, 11:55 PM
The Gamestop plug in has a USB port on it. You get a USb cord with it. You can connect it to that or your computer. Problem is that it's small so get those USB extenders (Which is this: http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/CC2210-06_LR.jpg) and you'll find fun not putting your PSP on the floor because of the small cord.

I'm sorry I confused you, i'm too tired.

Where can u buy an.extender from?

Just found out I lost the plug to my gamestop charger so Imma have to buy a new one from Gamestop in the morning. My current charger still works and will hold for me till I get a new one.

blace
Sep 2, 2011, 01:53 AM
I just bought mine at a Best Buy, it's an Energizer brand that comes as a USB adapter and a outlet adapter, it's served me well from about a year ago. The adapter also charges DS and DSi, but other than that it's useful. Another option is to buy a RocketFish adapter with a USB plug in as well, but be warned about RF, the external casing will erode over time and use and might not be a great idea.

tl;dr Buy a PSP charger with an adapter attachment similar to this (http://www.computercableinc.com/ccinc/products.jsp?sub=Play+Station+Cables&id=6357). You wouldn't need to worry about having to change the power supply every so often if you get a USB based adapter.

Emp
Sep 2, 2011, 06:30 AM
I just bought mine at a Best Buy, it's an Energizer brand that comes as a USB adapter and a outlet adapter, it's served me well from about a year ago. The adapter also charges DS and DSi, but other than that it's useful. Another option is to buy a RocketFish adapter with a USB plug in as well, but be warned about RF, the external casing will erode over time and use and might not be a great idea.

tl;dr Buy a PSP charger with an adapter attachment similar to this (http://www.computercableinc.com/ccinc/products.jsp?sub=Play+Station+Cables&id=6357). You wouldn't need to worry about having to change the power supply every so often if you get a USB based adapter.

So u recommend buying a charger cord that plugs into a computer instead of one that plugs into the wall?

EvilMag
Sep 2, 2011, 11:35 AM
You can plug in the computer but the Plug that plugs in the wall has a USB port.

blace
Sep 2, 2011, 01:56 PM
It's basically a wall charger with a USB port. Unlock the default power supply box it won't wear down as fast and if needed you just replace the cable.

Emp
Sep 2, 2011, 07:39 PM
It's basically a wall charger with a USB port. Unlock the default power supply box it won't wear down as fast and if needed you just replace the cable.

I bought the Energizer charger that has an adapter like that at Gamestop and I like it. The plugin, where the cord meets the psp, is not an elbow like the cords u get when u buy the psps brand new. It feels like its now even hooked up when Im playing my game.

Thanks for link to that adapter. I'll buy one there if I need a replacement adapter.

blace
Sep 2, 2011, 07:52 PM
For the adapter I linked to tends to wear out after a few months of excessive use. That's the only downside to it, otherwise it saves time when needing to back your saves if you plug it into a computer.

Emp
Sep 2, 2011, 09:36 PM
For the adapter I linked to tends to wear out after a few months of excessive use. That's the only downside to it, otherwise it saves time when needing to back your saves if you plug it into a computer.

Oh. Where does the cord tend to fray at?

blace
Sep 2, 2011, 10:04 PM
The PSP end, but it really depends on the maker. RocketFish tends to have theirs fray at the PSP end, otherwise general model adapters will last longer.

Emp
Sep 3, 2011, 10:40 AM
The PSP end, but it really depends on the maker. RocketFish tends to have theirs fray at the PSP end, otherwise general model adapters will last longer.

Oh ok.

btw I noticed the psp end of the usb adapter for the Energizer one is a very tight fit. Imma plug the psp end of the gamestop charger into the Energizer power supply instead.

blace
Sep 3, 2011, 12:37 PM
It is a bit larger compared to the standard adapter for the system, it doesn't really affect it in any way except by expading it a little.