PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Silvergun on XBLA

Mantiskilla
Sep 7, 2011, 11:24 AM
The fantastic (yet extremely rare) game comes out next week to xbla.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6332871.html?tag=newsticker%3Bheadline%3B4

While I personally don't own this game I had a college buddy who did and it was fantastic! With this and Otomedius Excellent coming out the following week (yeah same week as GoW3 bad move) the next couple weeks should be fun.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 7, 2011, 11:52 AM
I'll prefer the other game on that headline.

Akaimizu
Sep 7, 2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah. Guardian Heroes has been in the light for a while now. Radiant Silvergun, a little less fanfare, but still about the same quality of a release. Both titles will be seeing a port for the very first time.

Mantiskilla
Sep 7, 2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah for me since I actually own Guardian Heroes Im not quite as excited for it even though I plan on getting that one as well. Of course I'm a bit biased towards shumps as some people may already know haha

MasterSpark
Sep 7, 2011, 02:26 PM
I'm also looking forward to being able to play RSG on the 360. XIGA, the final boss of the game (well, sort of, not counting the talking crystal at the end of it...), is a very dramatic and well put together ending fight.

Akaimizu
Sep 7, 2011, 02:37 PM
I'll never forget that evil Guile-Flash-Kicking boss in RSG. Then again, I love the blue-print sketch level, as well.

darkante
Sep 7, 2011, 02:41 PM
Man, my skills in space-shooters sucks.
Only thing i beat fairly is Gradius 3. (Yay me)

Bad thing you can slack in R-type Dimensions.
Otherwise lazy state in others ftl. D:

I must get this too.
Damn you entertaining devilish gems!

Kent
Sep 7, 2011, 05:25 PM
Treasure games getting released is always a good thing.

For those interested in puzzle games, Treasure released one earlier this year called Bangai-O HD Missile Fury, also an Xbox Live Arcade title (Treasure's platform of choice). Though it does have signature hardcore action in it, the game is inherently more of a puzzle game than anything else, due to its construction and emphasis on figuring out ways of manipulating the game mechanics, instead of just relying on pure action gameplay from the player.

Also, it has the best box art I've ever seen, and it's one of the few that is 100% indicative of what to expect from the game:

[spoiler-box]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/6/605506_178552_front.jpg[/spoiler-box]

FOkyasuta
Sep 7, 2011, 05:35 PM
Silvergun yay.

Otomedius Excellent?

Daw f&%#! Didnt want to hear that name ever again but at last i did. S&#$ balls.

darkante
Sep 7, 2011, 11:25 PM
IŽd that Bangai for a while, but i kinda just forgot about it lol.