PDA

View Full Version : Game Final Fantasy 10 HD Remake

Milla
Sep 14, 2011, 12:18 AM
Just got announced at the TGS for PS3 & PS VITA.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 14, 2011, 12:27 AM
Hm, I guess since the other Final Fantasy titles from 9 down have been ported to new-gen, they're starting to go after the PS2 titles. Perhaps this means that 12 will get a makeover as well. Interesting, to say the least.

inb4 notFF7remakerage

Mike
Sep 14, 2011, 12:44 AM
I was more interested in the pricing plan for the Vita's 3G network than another Final Fantasy port. I was hoping they'd do something similar to the older Amazon Kindles but oh well.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 14, 2011, 01:42 AM
Meh, more Final Fantasy milking by Squeenix, what else is new? This remake probably won't come out until 2013 anyway.

At least Tidus will have a different voice, I hope. Anything is better than the original FFX voices.

Keilyn
Sep 14, 2011, 04:51 AM
I rather have Square just make a completely new game from scratch. FFX doesn't have a million problems and they would really go farther with a new title altogether....

I know it might sell in Japan, but Americans and Europeans are smart enough to know unless a lot of extra content is added into the game, if they already own the game (along with FFX-2...remember FFX had its sequal) they might skip on it. It will be weird to have FFX improved upon while leaving FFX-2 without a remake since the two are tied together.

So sure, you can get some who will buy but....its so much work that I don't know if its a good move. I also know many players who after a certain point in the game, the game was extremely boring and players had to push themselves to beat the game. Any player who felt like that wont buy the game again.

Also remember that players will spend their money first on new games released around the same time of a remake before purchasing a remake....so the chances of it doing well aren't that good...Square will really need to do a lot to it....

I just fear they will "ruin a good book" or in this case "game" long before they make it better.

NoiseHERO
Sep 14, 2011, 08:01 AM
I was just thinking yesterday about how I never got to play ff10...

But It's no big deal unless they're giving it ff13 graphics...

/too lazy to read

Blue-Hawk
Sep 14, 2011, 09:10 AM
Porting another crappy game to a new platform. What Squenix needs to do is finally kill the Final Fantasy franchise instead of making ports or sequals to crappy ones. (FF X2/XIII 2 anyone?) Try starting fresh and make a new franchise. One that will work for the current gamers and older crowd that grew up on the GOOD FF games (1-6).

Porting games, especially crappy ones like FF X, won't get intelligent and well informed people to buy their product. But since we don't live in a world of those kind of people, let the cash cow be milked.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 14, 2011, 10:03 AM
I know it might sell in Japan...

And that's it really. Nothing to lose by getting an already complete game and giving it a new coat of paint if the chance of selling is high.

Also remember that players will spend their money first on new games released around the same time of a remake before purchasing a remake....so the chances of it doing well aren't that good...Square will really need to do a lot to it....

3DS title sales say otherwise.

Outrider
Sep 14, 2011, 10:56 AM
I got bored with Final Fantasy X and never wound up finishing it, so maybe this will give me an excuse to play it again.

Of course, I don't have a PS3 and don't currently plan on buying a Vita, so maybe not.

Are there any specifics about what's actually going to change? Or is it just going to be the same game but with hi-res textures or something like that? (I'm kind of sick of these lazy remakes. If you're going to remake something, then do something differently! Otherwise there's no creative reason to do it.)

I know it might sell in Japan, but Americans and Europeans are smart enough to know unless a lot of extra content is added into the game, if they already own the game (along with FFX-2...remember FFX had its sequal) they might skip on it. It will be weird to have FFX improved upon while leaving FFX-2 without a remake since the two are tied together.

Halo Anniversary is going to sell about a bajillion copies, so I'm pretty sure that extra content isn't needed to get people to buy a remake.

amtalx
Sep 14, 2011, 11:49 AM
Blech. I really enjoyed FFX, but it's neither rare enough, nor old enough to warrant an HD remake. Resurrecting Zone of the Enders or ICO/Shadow of the Colossus is fine because copies can be tricky to find, and they are critically acclaimed games that relatively few have experienced. Bringing back FFX gives some weight the claims that Sony removed backwards compatibility to sell us the same game twice. Sadly, enough of us are dumb enough to fall for it that this will probably continue.

darkante
Sep 14, 2011, 12:54 PM
I like FFX, but i would much rather see a sequel to FFVIII.
Or a remake at the least.

And a scene with Seifer throwing Zell of a cliff. :D

CupOfCoffee
Sep 14, 2011, 01:04 PM
I remember liking FFX when I played it the first time around, but I tried it again recently and couldn't stomach the idiotic characters, craptastic voices, and nonsense storyline. Probably wouldn't buy it even if I had a PS3 or Vita, which I don't and won't.

But Squeenix does need money and this game is fondly remembered by enough people that it'll probably make them some. So I get where they're coming from.

๖ۣۜDetriment
Sep 14, 2011, 01:06 PM
they should make blitzball online yea, unh.

Akaimizu
Sep 14, 2011, 01:15 PM
I also can't keep the feeling in my mind that Sony somehow said, "Hey. Let's remove PS2 compatibility, so we can sell PS2 games again!! When the gaming and the movie industry crosses paths and remakes start to get a major share of releases."

I'm surprised noone has made a game called "Remake". A game in which you start with the worst outcome, and gameplay, and then you have to solve he situation which causes parts of the game to be remade better. Eventually, the game will be the most Epic version of the game. You can change the order of things. Like which weapons are used in what order. Didn't think the Knight swung his sword first to kill the Troll in the Cutscene? You can now have the Troll be the first to attack and then using the computer, you can have the Knight's head shift unnaturally to avoid the early swing.

But that's not good enough, for the final. You need to find the speed controller so that altered Cutscene moves much faster, so it looks better than before. Problems with the limited camera? Well, there's a special ability to gain later that'll make that better. :)

Split
Sep 14, 2011, 01:30 PM
I'm....just so happy....*cries*

I remember liking FFX when I played it the first time around, but I tried it again recently and couldn't stomach the idiotic characters, craptastic voices, and nonsense storyline. Probably wouldn't buy it even if I had a PS3 or Vita, which I don't and won't.

But Squeenix does need money and this game is fondly remembered by enough people that it'll probably make them some. So I get where they're coming from.You hold your blasphemous tongue!!!

RenzokukenZ
Sep 14, 2011, 01:46 PM
I'm surprised noone has made a game called "Remake".

Might as well apply that to movies and books as well. Call them 'Rewatch' and 'Rewrite' respectively. Now with 13 more seconds of video/4 new pages.

FF 1-6 have been ported to handheld systems many times over. 7, 8, and 9 were added to the PSN store. Square's simply 10 back to light as it did with the others.

They're milking it, yes, because it works. I'm just happy it's not another FF7 spin-off/remake/movie/anime/book/etc.

Then again, 13 is the new 7.

amtalx
Sep 14, 2011, 04:02 PM
Then again, 13 is the new 7.
Explain this for those of us with feeble minds.

Randomness
Sep 14, 2011, 04:12 PM
Explain this for those of us with feeble minds.

XIII-2, Agito XIII, Versus XIII, need I go on?

RenzokukenZ
Sep 14, 2011, 04:23 PM
Square has been forcingly pushing 13 to the superstardom of 7 since debut. To date, there are 4 games and one novel for 13, the most attention any of the numeral titles has had since, well, 7. Is it really as popular? Probably not, but Square wants it to.

If I had to put it in metaphorical terms, 7 is Hulk Hogan, and 13 is Lex Luger.

There's also the humor I find in which the first 20 minutes of both games to be almost identical to each other.

Edit: Randomness gets it.

NoiseHERO
Sep 14, 2011, 04:31 PM
You guys really don't like FF10...

But yeah... I'm assuming this really IS nothing special graphic wise if it's going to be on the handheld too...

So meh...

amtalx
Sep 14, 2011, 04:50 PM
Ah, I see. FFVII makes me think of a good (maybe even great) game that's bafflingly overrated and worshiped by people with names like xXxCloudxStrifexXx that relentlessly hunt Zanbas.

FFXIII makes me think of a pretty decent game with a lukewarm reception due to some design choices that didn't mesh with previous iterations, and the absence of a prominent jailbait character.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 14, 2011, 05:00 PM
13 had a jailbait character. Hell, every game since 4 had one. It's tradition.

On topic, they'll probably add more to 10 aside from a graphics overhaul, such as most of the FF remakes thus far with added levels and whatnot. Maybe.

NoiseHERO
Sep 14, 2011, 05:01 PM
I dunno...

I think VS 13 is looking good. and it's also looking like their last chance. Which is probably why it hasn't come out yet.

It was a lol train untill the first car turned into shit and hit the fan.

Now they put the brakes on everything and started adding more time and money.

And no Kingdom Hearts 3.

Powder Keg
Sep 14, 2011, 05:19 PM
Played X, quickly lost interest in pretty much all aspects of the game.

They're really gonna charge up the want and hype for 7 by releasing all of this other junk. I'm sure they'll wait til 2017 (20 years).

All of the remakes, ports, and continuations....and they don't do my two favorite titles....shameful!

Sexy_Raine
Sep 14, 2011, 07:04 PM
Porting another crappy game to a new platform. What Squenix needs to do is finally kill the Final Fantasy franchise instead of making ports or sequals to crappy ones. (FF X2/XIII 2 anyone?) Try starting fresh and make a new franchise. One that will work for the current gamers and older crowd that grew up on the GOOD FF games (1-6).

Porting games, especially crappy ones like FF X, won't get intelligent and well informed people to buy their product. But since we don't live in a world of those kind of people, let the cash cow be milked.

I wouldn't say kill FF, but at least lay off it for a bit. All want is a third Chrono game, however I believe must of the original original Chrono Cross staff left Squeenix by now. The Squeenix of today of will probably ruin it, just like making Dragon Quest X a damn MMO. :\ I was hoping for a more traditional RPG like DQVIII. Level 5's Ninokuni looks like it might fill that gap, as it actually has an explorable overworld.

I dunno...

I think VS 13 is looking good. and it's also looking like their last chance. Which is probably why it hasn't come out yet.

It was a lol train untill the first car turned into shit and hit the fan.

Now they put the brakes on everything and started adding more time and money.

And no Kingdom Hearts 3.

Oh don't get me effin' started on FF VS XIII. That game is one of the big three right now which have been delayed too far The other two are Last Guardian and MGS Rising. Any game being hyped which has been in production for 5 years with no release is a fuckin' disgrace to gamers, esp. older ones like me. I'm done ranting, maybe TGS this week will talk about Last Guardian.

Kent
Sep 14, 2011, 08:05 PM
I would buy and HD remaster of Final Fantasy X for the 360. Assuming it were fairly-priced, of course.

If they did the same with Final Fantasy XII though... I'd pre-order 10 and full price and camp out for a midnight release. It is my personal favorite game of the series, what with having the best actual gameplay and all (inb4 it plays itself).

Rashiid
Sep 14, 2011, 09:51 PM
I loved X, one of my favorites, but even I agree that I wish they remade any other one besides it. It doesn't even need to be HD >_>

Rubius-sama
Sep 14, 2011, 09:58 PM
They should remake 7 and 8. Those were really good. 10 I never really played... I didn't really like the jump from pre-rendered backgrounds to full polygon backgrounds so I sat it out. 12 was looking really good when I started playing it, but just couldn't get used to the camera controls and had to stop playing (trust me, it's bigger than it sounds).

Rashiid
Sep 14, 2011, 10:06 PM
XII is also one of my top ones. I found the camera rather easy >_>
I'd like them to do VI, but I bet people will cry about voice actors.

FF fans find any excuse to whine about a remake.

yoshiblue
Sep 15, 2011, 07:08 AM
Maybe a cool console sequel for the 4 warriors of light would be cool. Maybe a attempt at bringing the warrior of light into a new game too. Outside of dissidia.

NoiseHERO
Sep 15, 2011, 08:22 AM
XII is also one of my top ones. I found the camera rather easy >_>
I'd like them to do VI, but I bet people will cry about voice actors.

FF fans find any excuse to whine about a remake.

protip, hardcode FF fans don't deserve attention...

yoshiblue
Sep 15, 2011, 09:09 AM
Next thing you know the next FF game will involve super buff men with shaved heads that curb stomp on the faces of their enemies to win.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 15, 2011, 09:36 AM
Next thing you know the next FF game will involve super buff men with shaved heads that curb stomp on the faces of their enemies to win.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100611064834/finalfantasy/images/1/1a/Final_Fantasy_VII_Titan.png

He does exactly that, in almost every game.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 15, 2011, 11:49 AM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100611064834/finalfantasy/images/1/1a/Final_Fantasy_VII_Titan.png

He does exactly that, in almost every game.

Holy sh-

Milla
Sep 15, 2011, 01:19 PM
Umm I know this is kinda off topic but it kinda relates to SE and the TGS. Anyway HQ image of Sora and Riku's new outfits and TWEWY characters from KH3D

http://www.khdestiny.fr/img/Autres/news/150911-kh3d-dream-drop-distance-tgs-11.jpg

Split
Sep 15, 2011, 01:45 PM
Umm I know this is kinda off topic but it kinda relates to SE and the TGS. Anyway HQ image of Sora and Riku's new outfits and TWEWY characters from KH3DWait a tick - are they crossing Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You?? I'm no JRPG superfan, but that...that would be AWESOME.

Yeah it is pretty off-topic though. The long and short of this topic is that I'm buying two of this remake if it's actually a remake with redone textures and a higher polygon count (and maybe some tweaks to the blitzball minigame; the ai in the original is a fucking cheating, rule-ignoring bastard, especially in the story match against the Goers) instead of just removing jaggies and making it HD-capable.

Milla
Sep 15, 2011, 01:51 PM
Wait a tick - are they crossing Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You?? I'm no JRPG superfan, but that...that would be AWESOME.

Yep one of the little pics has Sora talking to Neku.

NoiseHERO
Sep 15, 2011, 03:15 PM
W-W-WHAAAAAAT?! REAALLLYY...?!

TWEWY and KH cross over...?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ...

NOOOOOOOOO...

Now I want a 3DS again......................

amtalx
Sep 15, 2011, 04:49 PM
Ouch... Mixing those two franchise is a bit of a nightmare hell ride for me. I like JRPGs and all, but KH and TWEWY made me want to get stabby.

Rashiid
Sep 15, 2011, 05:52 PM
At this point, I'm tired of handheld KH's. Just give us 3 ffs.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 15, 2011, 06:18 PM
The world is better off without it.

SStrikerR
Sep 22, 2011, 06:59 PM
I loved X, however once you got later into the game, it did get pretty tedious sometimes. I also overwrote my save once I got to braska's final aeon, so...yeah, bad memory. If there happened to be a remake, I'd like to see a few things:

Updated blitzball - I played that for hours as a kid, and it was fun. An update would be fantastic.

Better voice acting - Hell, at least sync it or something. It was terrible.

Maybe a little bit of rebalancing - It got to the point where you were stupidly powerful, and the game countered that with KO moves, insane damage, set attacks, etc. Fake difficulty. It's no fun casting haste everytime Yuna comes up just to have some monster go and cast Slowga or something. Sure, you could prevent it and whatnot, but it did get annoying regardless.

Tyreek
Sep 26, 2011, 11:51 AM
Oh look, a rumor arises. Its said that FFX HD will be an actual remake, not a port.

Some highlights below:

The Spanish site PSTime claims to have sources close to the developers of the game. According to them the game won’t be a port but a remake. The game will use FFXIII’s engine for both PS3 and Vita version. Other innovations coming to the remake are :

* The magic and light effects will be made ​​with new engine called Luminous.

* Some online modes will be included.

* All will be made ​​from scratch with the new engine including the design of the characters, the aeons and all stage elements.

* The Blitzball has changed a little.

* Will be released by the end of the fiscal year ( ends at March 31 ).

http://translate.google.es/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpstime.es%2Frumores%2Ffinal-fantasy-x-para-ps3-y-psvita-sera-un-remake%2F

Take it with a grain of salt folks.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 26, 2011, 12:04 PM
It was already known to be a remake, we just didn't know what was going to be altered aside from the new coat of paint.

I wonder if it will include all the goodies from the International version (Dark Aeons)

Tyreek
Sep 26, 2011, 12:28 PM
Using the XIII engine on this game? Well, as long as its just the engine lol. And international version, yes please.

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 02:20 PM
sounds interesting.

I guess it'd be easier to remake this with all of it's polygons in place than... turning all the painted PSX game's maps into full 3D stages (which may as well be a whole new game I guess...and if they did do so, 7 would be first...)

Outrider
Sep 26, 2011, 02:24 PM
It was already known to be a remake, we just didn't know what was going to be altered aside from the new coat of paint.

Then it's a port, not a remake.

Publishers know that the word "remake" gets people excited, so they throw it around a lot these days. However, porting the same code over with only minor upgrades is not a remake.

Hence why those rumored (and almost certainly false) features listed above would be a big surprise.

-Crokar-
Sep 27, 2011, 10:03 AM
online blitzball would be epic imo

amtalx
Sep 27, 2011, 11:29 AM
I guess I'm the only person that thought Blitzball was dreadful. The only reason I never got Wakka's legendary weapons is because I refused to play it.

-Crokar-
Sep 27, 2011, 11:36 AM
i think lots of people hated it i loved

RenzokukenZ
Sep 27, 2011, 11:45 AM
On my first playthrough, I tried a couple of matches and didn't like it. It seemed too confusing and bothersome. Then on my second playthrough, I somehow became a freaking expert at it; recruiting good players, knowing the rules well and whatnot.

So if Blitzball does get some tweaks in the remake, I'll be all over it.

yoshiblue
Sep 27, 2011, 11:56 AM
Hopefully its harder then the story's blitzsball run through.

Shinji Kazuya
Sep 27, 2011, 12:28 PM
I remember playing Blitzball all day long to unlock Wakka's overdrive slots. Was quite fun.

Outrider
Sep 27, 2011, 10:07 PM
I guess I'm the only person that thought Blitzball was dreadful. The only reason I never got Wakka's legendary weapons is because I refused to play it.

No, these guys are just weirdos. Pretty much everybody everywhere hated Blitzball.

Even the developer's kids ran away from home and became wolves because they hated Blitzball so much.

They're looking into tapping the unlimited seething rage most people have for Blitzball as an alternative energy source.

What I'm trying to get across is that Blitzball kind of sucked.

NoiseHERO
Sep 27, 2011, 10:17 PM
Wakka goes on the list of Final Fantasy characters that are actually cool, next to Auron and Amarant and Vivi and the Figaro brothers and Kain and Cecil before he became a bitch and (yes I said vivi) Barret(Even though he somehow went from Mr.T to BET rap star in advent children) and Sazh and Zidane (minus his appearance) and last but not least as far as I can remember Shadow that ultra badass ninja from ff6 that barely helped you in the beginning.

Split
Sep 27, 2011, 10:34 PM
No, these guys are just weirdos. Pretty much everybody everywhere hated Blitzball.

Even the developer's kids ran away from home and became wolves because they hated Blitzball so much.

They're looking into tapping the unlimited seething rage most people have for Blitzball as an alternative energy source.

What I'm trying to get across is that Blitzball kind of sucked.FFX is my favorite Final Fantasy, and I fucking loathe Blitzball. It would be a well constructed,interesting stat-based mini-game, except the AI just straight up cheats right in front of your face, all the time. An AI player with 3 Atk will hit your ball carrier with 5 Def, and instead of subtracting it to leave you with 2 remaining Def and still carrying the ball (the way it would if your defender was tackling an AI ball carrier), the player would just steal it from you and go score like a trolling asshole. It was such a bitch when you wanted to win the one required game for the sake of story and the game would just be like "Lol griefed, have fun watching all the unskippable cutscenes before it on your way to trying again!" Also, the sport itself didn't look nearly as freaking cool as it did in the cutscenes. Just awful all the way around.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 27, 2011, 10:35 PM
Wakka is a pretty cool guy. He smacks you with his balls and doesn't afraid of anything. And he gets the better girl in the end.

SStrikerR
Sep 30, 2011, 09:27 PM
FFX is my favorite Final Fantasy, and I fucking loathe Blitzball. It would be a well constructed,interesting stat-based mini-game, except the AI just straight up cheats right in front of your face, all the time. An AI player with 3 Atk will hit your ball carrier with 5 Def, and instead of subtracting it to leave you with 2 remaining Def and still carrying the ball (the way it would if your defender was tackling an AI ball carrier), the player would just steal it from you and go score like a trolling asshole. It was such a bitch when you wanted to win the one required game for the sake of story and the game would just be like "Lol griefed, have fun watching all the unskippable cutscenes before it on your way to trying again!" Also, the sport itself didn't look nearly as freaking cool as it did in the cutscenes. Just awful all the way around.

If I recall correctly, you (and the ai) could do anywhere from 50%-150% of your skill level when shooting/tackling, etc. The unpredictability of it all was one of the things I enjoyed about it. It forced you to take risks, and to set up your abilities wisely so you would be able to get out of a jam.

I mean that, and the fact I could score like 10 goals a game. That was fairly enjoyable as well.

Rashiid
Sep 30, 2011, 09:32 PM
Jecht Shot and strong forms of it made scoring stupid easy.

That, and Wedge. That guy got tired of being the laughing stock of the FF realm.